Wot Streamer Focus

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

K3V1NEK #21 Posted 12 December 2019 - 09:54 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 29650 battles
  • [-L7-]
I agree with fear we need more so competitive and clever player like he to get the game better. WG look a this its a amazing idea fear should get a CC im sure he have more ideas like this 

NobodyThatCares #22 Posted 12 December 2019 - 09:56 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 22844 battles
  • [-GGS-]

If you say that you don't see a problem being focus or say change/leave your clan, you don't belong here. 

I 100% agree with this statement. Not because of my clan tag but because of the name. A few YouTubers and streamers (such as myself) get focused by SPG's, yoloed by 3+ man platoons, or pushed out by teammates. Play and streaming tanks is fun, but being harassed is absolutely annoying.

Zactule #23 Posted 12 December 2019 - 10:18 AM

Private

• Players
  • 26435 battles

I think it would be an interesting option to bring over to the console version.  Pretty sure it was implemented already with the PC side of things and bringing to the xbox may be good.

I have had instances where players will recognize the tag and then jump into the stream so they can launch the game at the same time and stream snipe. Is probably one of the most frustrating experience a streamer can have knowing that people are there just to ruin the fun and engagement and from all the stories i have heard, it's one of the main reasons that Jingles stopped playing WOT.  It is a solid catch 22 but it would leave the choice up to the person involved.  If said person wants their good play to be on display and for their name to get recognized, they have the choice.  If they want to play in the shadows, they can.  Giving players choice is normally never a bad thing. 

Fabje1704 #24 Posted 12 December 2019 - 10:18 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 53690 battles
  • [-AXS-]

yea i love this idea i hate getting shot by "friends" who know me and go out of there way to shoot me.
i think its a very nice idea  and who really plays random games for fame anyways when there is comp where you can built a name for your self.

LStormNightL #25 Posted 12 December 2019 - 10:57 AM

Private

• Players
  • 14568 battles
  • [-LS-]

The truth is not a bad idea.  Wargaming could try as for example, it has been done with other aspects (Matchmaking + 1 / -1, etc.). 

It is annoying that people throw themselves and end up receiving 3 shots just to shoot against one.  or they are doing it "focus" in the whole battle.

It would be curious what Fear proposes

MaxChaos24 #26 Posted 12 December 2019 - 12:30 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 13430 battles
  • [WGW]

I think it would be best to not add this. When players do physics abuse players need to record a clip of the incident so we need to see their real Gamertags/PSN ID in the clip to verify who they are. While you did suggest that in replays it will be visible, that just adds an additional level of complexity to reporting players that aren't needed. 

The amount of people who would even recognize another player is a very small circle and is pretty much limited to the players you have constant interaction with. I.E. People who recognize me are pretty much limited to forum users. 99% of the people in-game have no idea who I am.

Sadriel Fett #27 Posted 12 December 2019 - 01:09 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 28376 battles
  • [DARMY]

*Updates gamer tags on his "search & destroy" list.*

*Checks it twice.*

:B :P

~ "This game would be great, if it wasn't for our teammates." ~

~ There's no such thing as Arty Safe. You have to play Arty Aware. You have to play SmArty. ~

DwarfOnDrugs #28 Posted 12 December 2019 - 02:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32358 battles
  • [-UNL-]
For someome who sends very toxic messages. I feel the targeting you get is justified.

NobodyThatCares #29 Posted 12 December 2019 - 07:19 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 22844 battles
  • [-GGS-]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 12 December 2019 - 12:30 PM, said:

I think it would be best to not add this. When players do physics abuse players need to record a clip of the incident so we need to see their real Gamertags/PSN ID in the clip to verify who they are. While you did suggest that in replays it will be visible, that just adds an additional level of complexity to reporting players that aren't needed. 

The amount of people who would even recognize another player is a very small circle and is pretty much limited to the players you have constant interaction with. I.E. People who recognize me are pretty much limited to forum users. 99% of the people in-game have no idea who I am.

That's why it should be considered to be reviewed or to be determined. A player that gets stream sniped could easily send in a ticket. 

Let's say this did happen and was featured into the game. Player (Streamer, YouTuber, etc.) Sends in a ticket for this feature to be implemented onto their account, a code gets sent to them to add the feature, they active it in settings to their account, and done. It would have to be recorded to their account and randomized each day ( so one it doesn't stay the same and still creates further issues). 

It doesn't sound that hard, it just seems lazy development to no effort to be investigated.

l FearMySkill l #30 Posted 12 December 2019 - 07:33 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 29528 battles
  • [-LS-]

View PostDwarfOnDrugs, on 12 December 2019 - 02:51 PM, said:

For someome who sends very toxic messages. I feel the targeting you get is justified.

Easy to say when you can't 3 mark tanks anyways

l FearMySkill l #31 Posted 12 December 2019 - 07:39 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 29528 battles
  • [-LS-]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 12 December 2019 - 12:30 PM, said:

Level of complexity? Getting through your poorly programmed website is already complex I think checking the replay to report that person that pushed you shouldn't be an issue, reporting someone for that is already a commitment to download things on your phone after clipping it and uploading it, just seems like lazyness and excuses to not do anything, PV just got this iland I don't see a reason to not implement it, if you're getting behind toxicity and people pushing, etc, that just doesn't happen all the time and the players that will use anonymous mode are a minority, several people already agreed to this thread here and discord, so is our word vs yours, if you want to change the image you have at least listen for the first time and try to implement this which is easy to program, you already have this probably for war stories, it's just a random name generator and a switch between having it or not.

Bibo1GerUk #32 Posted 12 December 2019 - 07:49 PM

Major

• Players
  • 28075 battles

View Postl FearMySkill l, on 12 December 2019 - 08:39 PM, said:

if you want to change the image you have at least listen for the first time and try to implement this which is easy to program, you already have this probably for war stories, it's just a random name generator and a switch between having it or not.

How do they have this in War Stories? :confused:

Remember, it's just a game!

My little Youtube channel aka YeOldeGamer: https://www.youtube....xVCaFCLg/videos

l FearMySkill l #33 Posted 12 December 2019 - 07:52 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 29528 battles
  • [-LS-]

View PostBibo1GerUk, on 12 December 2019 - 07:49 PM, said:

How do they have this in War Stories? :confused:

The bots have random generated names.

Will Iam302 #34 Posted 12 December 2019 - 07:54 PM

Private

• Players
  • 13480 battles
  • [TRNDO]

It makes me sad how effortless you are WG everytime the good thing that works on other platforms is implemented. But I guess, you guys are still trying to figure out whether you release 121B with 2.5 rpm or 1.5 rpm, hmmm. It is not an easy job. But I guess it is  thing for the game we will have more tier 8s like 121B

Posted Image

DwarfOnDrugs #35 Posted 12 December 2019 - 09:04 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32358 battles
  • [-UNL-]

View Postl FearMySkill l, on 12 December 2019 - 07:33 PM, said:

Easy to say when you can't 3 mark tanks anyways

what you want me to 3 mark?

l FearMySkill l #36 Posted 12 December 2019 - 09:17 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 29528 battles
  • [-LS-]

View PostDwarfOnDrugs, on 12 December 2019 - 09:04 PM, said:

what you want me to 3 mark?

Anything at tier 10 without arty help omegalol, can't even get 3.5 dpgs :(

Huncho_Mystic #37 Posted 13 December 2019 - 05:45 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11415 battles
  • [ELDER]

You guys are crazy

99% of WOT players don't recognize anyone, hell most can't even drive their tank straight

Also, if I see a fantastic player on the red team, I am driving in the other direction, not AT them!:bush:

Edited by Huncho_Mystic, 13 December 2019 - 05:47 AM.

TheKleinKid7 #38 Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:17 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 19121 battles
  • [T-N-T]
FearMySkill, looking at your stats you seem to be doing amazingly well. I'm sure it's frustrating to be targeted by a clan/platoon, but I think in that situation you should adjust your strategy. If you know a platoon is coming after you then counter it by remaining close to your team during the match. Again, looking at your stats I would say you dominate a large majority of your games, so it's hard for me sympathize with your situation. Concealing your identity would only provide more of an edge to an already great player. How is that fair for the rest of us?

DwarfOnDrugs #39 Posted 13 December 2019 - 12:14 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32358 battles
  • [-UNL-]

View Postl FearMySkill l, on 12 December 2019 - 09:17 PM, said:

Anything at tier 10 without arty help omegalol, can't even get 3.5 dpgs :(

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/dwarfondrugs/screenshot/14140866

https://xboxclips.com/DwarfOnDrugs/screenshots/f61d92a8-2a6b-491e-adcd-dbb67d48dc7c

:)

DwarfOnDrugs #40 Posted 13 December 2019 - 12:15 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32358 battles
  • [-UNL-]

View PostTheTotalPackage7, on 13 December 2019 - 08:17 AM, said:

FearMySkill, looking at your stats you seem to be doing amazingly well. I'm sure it's frustrating to be targeted by a clan/platoon, but I think in that situation you should adjust your strategy. If you know a platoon is coming after you then counter it by remaining close to your team during the match. Again, looking at your stats I would say you dominate a large majority of your games, so it's hard for me sympathize with your situation. Concealing your identity would only provide more of an edge to an already great player. How is that fair for the rest of us?

He can’t do that because then his teammates will steal his damage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users