Which tier placement is your favourite?

MMs are delicious Matchmaking

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Top/mid/bottom (75 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 50 battles in order to participate this poll.

Which tier placement is your favourite?

1. Top tier (25 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

2. Middle tier (45 votes [56.25%])

Percentage of vote: 56.25%

3. Bottom tier (10 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Hide poll

M4ntiX #1 Posted 12 December 2019 - 10:49 AM

Major

• Players
  • 30624 battles
  • [JOCO]

Hey tankers!

I'm curious, which battle tier is your favourite? When you're playing tiers 3 through 8, do you prefer being top, mid, or bottom tier?

Poll is anonymous so feel free to lie, or vote truthfully if you're feeling particularly righteous today. :)

"For some reason you feel the need to troll stink bomb a statement of fact."

"4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you."

"I live in reality and let me tell you, there is no one here."

vVMr GoodCatVv #2 Posted 12 December 2019 - 10:56 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 30201 battles
Im not that bothered but I dont like being bottom tier consistently.

"I'm the dandy highway man that your too scared to mention

I spend my cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention"                                                        

motor sw #3 Posted 12 December 2019 - 11:18 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15224 battles
  • [STRV]

Middle tier is quite fun.

But for the most part a mix between top, middle and bottom is fun to me. Also a 33% tank distribution between tiers would be optimal in the battles.

That being said, being one of few bottom tier tanks while the rest is top tier in a battle sucks donkey *****. Same goes for being bottom tier all the time. 

Edited by motor sw, 12 December 2019 - 11:20 AM.

Sadriel Fett #4 Posted 12 December 2019 - 11:21 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 28376 battles
  • [DARMY]
Honestly, it depends on what I'm trying to accomplish.  If I'm farming for MOE's, then I prefer to be -2 in MM.  If I'm going for contracts that require kills or spotting, then I prefer middle or high, because of better view range and easier kills.  It usually comes down to which is the least frustrating for what I'm doing at the time.  If I'm just running daily doubles for crew training, then it honestly doesn't matter which placement I end up in, so long I get some decent XP.

~ "This game would be great, if it wasn't for our teammates." ~

~ There's no such thing as Arty Safe. You have to play Arty Aware. You have to play SmArty. ~

Otis Z Firefly #5 Posted 12 December 2019 - 11:51 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 21823 battles
It depends on the tank. I mostly play mediums with a preference of middle tier and lights with preference of bottom tier. I dislike being top tier too much as I don't like being a game carrier (I'm not good enough to do it enough of the times to make use of the top tier slot).
Ordo ab Chao.

SPUK4U #6 Posted 12 December 2019 - 12:16 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11977 battles
When playing armored heavy tank, I prefer to be top tier as it's when the tank's armor has some use. With others mid tier also goes and with arty and light tanks anything is fine.

-- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve --

BigWahala #7 Posted 12 December 2019 - 12:40 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22989 battles
  • [JOCO]
A mix is always best, but I love being in a top teir Tiger 131 platoon

LacqueredBacon #8 Posted 12 December 2019 - 12:42 PM

Major

• Players
  • 36108 battles

I guess top tier if I have to pick one.  I mean, there is never a time where I think, "Oh no!  I'm top tier."

But there are plenty of times that I prefer being middle or even low, especially in a light tank or if I am trying to mark a tank.

TheOnlyTrueNoob #9 Posted 12 December 2019 - 12:51 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 19239 battles
  • [KAPPA]
I guess mid tier, entirely dependent on what im doing.

3 Marked Tanks (Bold = 100%)

STUART SHERMAN #10 Posted 12 December 2019 - 04:40 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 41705 battles
  • [FLT]

I cannot pick just one here. It’s the combination of all these and there really is no favorite for me.
I’m not afraid to be -2 in any tank but I wouldn’t want to be +2 all the time either. Mid tier is kinda like the grey area and it’s always just ok. Not sure if that makes any sense but I’ve been looking at this poll all morning and can’t seem to choose. 
Just put me in coach. 

:izmena:

"Stop it with all the negative waves..."    Oddball

killer etzi0 #11 Posted 12 December 2019 - 04:43 PM

Major

• Players
  • 59614 battles
  • [47R]

View PostvVMr GoodCatVv, on 12 December 2019 - 04:56 AM, said:

Im not that bothered but I dont like being bottom tier consistently.

^^this^^

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

Ronald Reagan

x_BAlN_x #12 Posted 12 December 2019 - 04:52 PM

Major

• Players
  • 62105 battles
Need a "don't care" option. I'm more concerned about how the map matches or mismatches with my tank.

M4ntiX #13 Posted 12 December 2019 - 04:56 PM

Major

• Players
  • 30624 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postx_BAlN_x, on 12 December 2019 - 04:52 PM, said:

Need a "don't care" option. I'm more concerned about how the map matches or mismatches with my tank.

If I wanted to know if you care or not I would've included the option in the poll. Thanks for your contribution.

Pit Friend #14 Posted 12 December 2019 - 06:53 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33892 battles
  • [PTATO]
Depends on the tank. In a Heavy I prefer top tier so it’s armor usually works. Artillery and TDs with uptiered guns I prefer bottom tier as their guns don’t actually care. Everything else is middle tier as they can contribute and also get more XPs.

When the nice guy loses his patience the devil shivers. 

RogueCDUB #15 Posted 12 December 2019 - 07:35 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 24332 battles

Me, I hate being the poor schlub all alone in bottom tier that WG uses to prove to all of the tankers in the middle tier that they are not bottom tier all the time

And I'm not talking scouts here. You know the games I'm talking about, the ones where you are the only tier 8 on your team and there are 5 tier 9's and 9 tier 10's on your team

So your best bet is to try and hunt down the designated schlub on the red team before your decimated

Dyslexsticks #16 Posted 12 December 2019 - 08:08 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34557 battles
  • [BNKR]
A sub, obviously.

View PostRaaRaa4895, on 06 December 2019 - 05:18 PM, said:

The waifus guide us into the light. Once I finish school I will certainly be funding research to develop catgirls! uWu

Twit twoo. Off Topic archive.

M4ntiX #17 Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 30624 battles
  • [JOCO]

OK, so now that we have a nice set of results, let's analyze the data and see what it would convey in +/- 1 matchmaking. :)

1. Top tier (20 votes [33.90%]) - who doesn't like being top tier, right? With +/- 1 matchmaking you will be top tier 1/2 of the time instead of 1/3, but you won't have the joy of feasting on tanks two tiers lower than you. Game will be harder for people who enjoy and/or only do good when they're top tier, in other words, if you're enjoying top tier games so much, you're better off with +/- 2 matchmaking.

2. Middle tier (33 votes [55.93%]) - it's no surprise the majority of you voted mid tier as your favorite, I too am in this group. Middle tier has the ideal mix of responsibility and worry free fun, but guess what? If +/- 1 matchmaking becomes a permanent thing, you will never again be middle tier and you will always have to a) carry as top tier, or b) be bottom tier and hope higher tiers will carry the game for you. Of course this will not be the case for really good players, since they will struggle less as tanks that are one tier lower are perfectly capable of carrying games when played well. This means the game will become easier for good players and harder for average and below ones. I am pretty sure that's the exact opposite effect of what people think and want to happen. It is also interesting to note that by admitting you favor mid tier, you also admit you prefer +/- 2 matchmaking by association. I bet some players voted without even realizing it. :)

3. Bottom tier (6 votes [10.17%]) - 6 masochists voted bottom tier. I can only assume the reason behind it is increased xp earning, the additional challenge low tier brings, and ironic poll treatment. :) Regardless, being bottom tier in +/- 1 matchmaking will come with the additional responsibility of properly supporting your top tier tanks and contributing to the battle, but it will be easier for people who enjoy and do good when they're bottom tier. So if you're playing bottom tier for the additional challenge, forget about it. There really is very little difference between tanks 1 tier higher and lower and those differences can be easily mitigated by using Premium ammo. Nobody wins.

+/- 1 matchmaking will bring tanks closer to one another and reduce the huge gaps between tiers that can't be filled by any amount of skill. Unfortunately, it will also make the game easier and thusly boring. Epic games will be hard to come by, epic medals will cease to exist. Reduced challenge and less rewarding battles will drive seasoned players away. I highly doubt many new players will be drawn to aging WOTC even if +/- 1 was to go live, not to mention the time investment this game requires. Once new players realize how much grinding there really is, they will leave the game no matter the matchmaking. WOTC no longer has the "new game smell" that drew us all in. Don't kill it with temporary band-aids that can't stop the bleeding anyways. That is all. Thanks. :)

PS. This is my point of view. Nothing more, nothing less. I do not enjoy +/- 1 matchmaking and think WG made a huge mistake introducing it in the first place, splitting the player base in the process. Feel free to disagree and comment if you wish to do so. To date I haven't seen one convincing argument for +/- 1 matchmaking.

USSWISCONSIN94 #18 Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:09 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12201 battles
  • [47R]
Mid and still want +1/-1 to come.

http://www.wotinfo.n...N94&server=xbox

youtube.com/channel/UCkXtmp3Ikozzl-K73GuxxNQ

Will WG ever have WoT offline like they promised?

theSwansonFTW #19 Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:19 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23662 battles

I voted middle tier. It gives me scope to contribute and do decent damage if I play well.

Top tier games I normally do damage but often find the teams are so bad that I end up being last man standing against 7 or 8 tanks in strings of 4 or 5 games in a row. I have got Kolabanovs medals, but I can't get them every game :)

Bottom tier games have the possibility of high damage, but even if you play the perfect game you're two shots maximum from death, so you can't brawl and are reduced to sniping from distance, and if your team is bad you're a dead duck.

Edited by theSwansonFTW, 13 December 2019 - 08:23 PM.

Three marked tanks: VK30.01H, O-I Experimental, PzIII/IV, Pz IVH,

TocFanKe4 #20 Posted 13 December 2019 - 10:33 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21260 battles
  • [GIRLS]

I for voted all 3 (poll lets you).  I don't like being any one tier all the time.  If someone offered me the ability to be top tier every game, I wouldn't take it.  Same thing with bottom and mid.  One of my favorite things about this game is how you have to constantly change how you play as you cycle through different maps, tanks, and tiers. 

Moving it to a top/bottom dichotomy removes a fair amount of the variety in this game.  That's not a good thing for my long term interest.  Making the game more consistent also makes it more boring.  This game is limited by the  360 in terms of numbers of maps we can have, and there are a limited number of tanks to play.  The 3 tier system helps keep the game from getting stale. 

My dislike of +/- 1 pales in comparison to my hatred of Loaded Dice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users