Which tier placement is your favourite?

MMs are delicious Matchmaking

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Top/mid/bottom (75 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 50 battles in order to participate this poll.

Which tier placement is your favourite?

1. Top tier (25 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

2. Middle tier (45 votes [56.25%])

Percentage of vote: 56.25%

3. Bottom tier (10 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Hide poll

ToxicBullbog #21 Posted 13 December 2019 - 11:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20426 battles
Mid, you have enough power to contribute significantly to the team, you get bonus xp for fighting tanks higher tier than you and for the most part if you find yourself in a small engagement higher tiers won't just cruise control at you like they do when they see tanks 2 tiers lower.

I don't play anymore, just loiter around the forum from time to time.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AngryBullbog

ToxicBullbog #22 Posted 13 December 2019 - 11:49 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20426 battles

View PostM4ntiX, on 13 December 2019 - 08:03 PM, said:

OK, so now that we have a nice set of results, let's analyze the data and see what it would convey in +/- 1 matchmaking. :)

1. Top tier (20 votes [33.90%]) - who doesn't like being top tier, right? With +/- 1 matchmaking you will be top tier 1/2 of the time instead of 1/3, but you won't have the joy of feasting on tanks two tiers lower than you. Game will be harder for people who enjoy and/or only do good when they're top tier, in other words, if you're enjoying top tier games so much, you're better off with +/- 2 matchmaking.

2. Middle tier (33 votes [55.93%]) - it's no surprise the majority of you voted mid tier as your favorite, I too am in this group. Middle tier has the ideal mix of responsibility and worry free fun, but guess what? If +/- 1 matchmaking becomes a permanent thing, you will never again be middle tier and you will always have to a) carry as top tier, or b) be bottom tier and hope higher tiers will carry the game for you. Of course this will not be the case for really good players, since they will struggle less as tanks that are one tier lower are perfectly capable of carrying games when played well. This means the game will become easier for good players and harder for average and below ones. I am pretty sure that's the exact opposite effect of what people think and want to happen. It is also interesting to note that by admitting you favor mid tier, you also admit you prefer +/- 2 matchmaking by association. I bet some players voted without even realizing it. :)

3. Bottom tier (6 votes [10.17%]) - 6 masochists voted bottom tier. I can only assume the reason behind it is increased xp earning, the additional challenge low tier brings, and ironic poll treatment. :) Regardless, being bottom tier in +/- 1 matchmaking will come with the additional responsibility of properly supporting your top tier tanks and contributing to the battle, but it will be easier for people who enjoy and do good when they're bottom tier. So if you're playing bottom tier for the additional challenge, forget about it. There really is very little difference between tanks 1 tier higher and lower and those differences can be easily mitigated by using Premium ammo. Nobody wins.

+/- 1 matchmaking will bring tanks closer to one another and reduce the huge gaps between tiers that can't be filled by any amount of skill. Unfortunately, it will also make the game easier and thusly boring. Epic games will be hard to come by, epic medals will cease to exist. Reduced challenge and less rewarding battles will drive seasoned players away. I highly doubt many new players will be drawn to aging WOTC even if +/- 1 was to go live, not to mention the time investment this game requires. Once new players realize how much grinding there really is, they will leave the game no matter the matchmaking. WOTC no longer has the "new game smell" that drew us all in. Don't kill it with temporary band-aids that can't stop the bleeding anyways. That is all. Thanks. :)

PS. This is my point of view. Nothing more, nothing less. I do not enjoy +/- 1 matchmaking and think WG made a huge mistake introducing it in the first place, splitting the player base in the process. Feel free to disagree and comment if you wish to do so. To date I haven't seen one convincing argument for +/- 1 matchmaking.

I could also spout nonsense to make things fit my agenda, we get it you hate +/-1, guess what no one cares and neither should WGCB.

Just because i and other above average players can enjoy and thrive in the +/-2 environment doesn't mean every does. 

Guys with blue and higher stats aren't a majority and if the majority find that they enjoy +/-1 more then WGCB should implement it permanently if they find that i would benefit the playerbase and inturn the games longevity.

People bring up how the game would need a full rebalance, it doesn't, it just needs balance in general.

Giving the PzV/IV +/-1 would be broken but that isn't due to the MM, it's due to it being a broken tank.

I don't play anymore, just loiter around the forum from time to time.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AngryBullbog

steelheadclan #23 Posted 14 December 2019 - 02:21 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15633 battles
My favorite games are giant -2 games but for those times I gotta carry a bit -1 is really nice.

JatemKaa #24 Posted 14 December 2019 - 02:35 AM

Major

• Players
  • 62379 battles
The ideal situation would be 33 1/3% for all of the choices - unfortunately, that isn't happening - especially in tiers like 8. If that could happen, then the need for +1/-1 goes away. What do you think the chances of that happening now are - given a slowly but steadily declining player base AND WGCCB showing absolutely no signs of even trying to fix it. +1/-1 is coming about because this even mixture of tiers is being broken way too much. Getting the MM fixed so the mixture is right again fixes the +1/-1 problem.

XT356 #25 Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:57 AM

Major

• Players
  • 10675 battles
  • [FOE]
I love tier six. A little bit of everything. And even more so when they added the little tigers.
“Greatness is a transitory experience. It is never consistent. It depends in part upon the myth-making imagination of humankind. The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in. He must reflect what is projected upon him. And he must have a strong sense of the sardonic. This is what uncouples him from belief in his own pretensions. The sardonic is all that permits him to move within himself. Without this quality, even occasional greatness will destroy a man.”

f1mitku #26 Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:04 AM

Major

• Players
  • 48514 battles

Place also - “don’t care” in the poll.

After finishing all grinds actually and don’t have to suffer stock TT packages anymore - I don’t care if personally I’m top, middle or bottom tiered.

What I do care are the countless MM faults to prepare equally tiered teams. When I can predict who’ll win while watching the starting list until the countdown timer still is not finished. 

Don't rush me, I'm waiting for the last moment!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users