No new tank lines, losing interest

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

F1DrivingZombie #1 Posted 14 December 2019 - 06:13 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11762 battles
  • [UNKWN]
It has been 9 months since WoT got a new line of tanks added to the game. It’s been a long time since we’ve even had a substantial balance update to fix some of the blatant balance problems in this game. That’s two things that need to change. WG, I think you should have focused on a late November/ early December release for the Swedish Mediums. We know you’re heavily debating adding the wheeled lights, so take your time on those, but not having a new tank line in 9 months is really disappointing to me. Ever since the Swedish mediums got announced I’ve been looking forward to them, and not having even an estimated time frame for any new tank line is just annoying. Now PC is getting a line of double barreled tanks in the near future, and as usual your persistence to be different to PC as well as trying to keep accommodating 360 is holding you back. I haven’t played too much recently because there’s just no new content to get me excited. When you you released the Italian Tanks they became my favorite line in the game despite how utterly garbage they are. This leads me to my next point. This game has some very blatant balance issues even compared to PC. OP tanks like the Absolution and Machine are absolutely ridiculous and ruin the fun of their tiers. Meanwhile you then have tanks like the Italian mediums where there is literally no point in playing them because other tanks are just flat out better. We really need a balance update soon and a new tank line ASAP to keep people engaged in the game. 

JatemKaa #2 Posted 14 December 2019 - 06:23 PM

Major

• Players
  • 62379 battles

View PostF1DrivingZombie, on 14 December 2019 - 12:13 PM, said:

It has been 9 months since WoT got a new line of tanks added to the game. It’s been a long time since we’ve even had a substantial balance update to fix some of the blatant balance problems in this game. That’s two things that need to change. WG, I think you should have focused on a late November/ early December release for the Swedish Mediums. We know you’re heavily debating adding the wheeled lights, so take your time on those, but not having a new tank line in 9 months is really disappointing to me. Ever since the Swedish mediums got announced I’ve been looking forward to them, and not having even an estimated time frame for any new tank line is just annoying. Now PC is getting a line of double barreled tanks in the near future, and as usual your persistence to be different to PC as well as trying to keep accommodating 360 is holding you back. I haven’t played too much recently because there’s just no new content to get me excited. When you you released the Italian Tanks they became my favorite line in the game despite how utterly garbage they are. This leads me to my next point. This game has some very blatant balance issues even compared to PC. OP tanks like the Absolution and Machine are absolutely ridiculous and ruin the fun of their tiers. Meanwhile you then have tanks like the Italian mediums where there is literally no point in playing them because other tanks are just flat out better. We really need a balance update soon and a new tank line ASAP to keep people engaged in the game. 

As you point out, it has been a long time. The obvious conclusion is that there are no more new lines - no new balances - no new ANYTHING except premium tanks to buy. WGCB has to know how the player base has dropped a third in a year - yet they do nothing about it. Pretty clear where the console is headed when they do updates that change 0.01% of platoon matchmaking - if it is" possible". They are doing nothing to even slow the death of the game, just try to milk as much out as they can on the way down.

N6X507 #3 Posted 14 December 2019 - 07:50 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 952 battles
  • [_CFR_]

The French wheeled tanks are coming out sometimes in the future;

They will anchor from the ELC Bis.

sergeant-slow741 #4 Posted 14 December 2019 - 07:54 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 24814 battles

View PostJatemKaa, on 14 December 2019 - 10:23 AM, said:

As you point out, it has been a long time. The obvious conclusion is that there are no more new lines - no new balances - no new ANYTHING except premium tanks to buy. WGCB has to know how the player base has dropped a third in a year - yet they do nothing about it. Pretty clear where the console is headed when they do updates that change 0.01% of platoon matchmaking - if it is" possible". They are doing nothing to even slow the death of the game, just try to milk as much out as they can on the way down.

:facepalm:
End of passion play, crumbling away I'm your source of self destruction. Veins that pump with fear,sucking darkest clear leading on your death's destruction. Taste me you will see more as you need dedicated to how im killing you.

FBPrime #5 Posted 14 December 2019 - 07:54 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 50390 battles
  • [-L7-]

View PostN6X507, on 14 December 2019 - 02:50 PM, said:

The French wheeled tanks are coming out sometimes in the future;

They will anchor from the ELC Bis.

Was this ever officially confirmed?

"The 360 was released in 2005. The Super Nintendo was released in 1991. With the new Gen next year, the 360 will be farther behind the newest console than the Super Nintendo was behind the 360."

LiteralComic635 #6 Posted 14 December 2019 - 07:59 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 493 battles

One possible reason for not issuing the Swedish medium line could be that the Medal for completion of all existing lines and owning and playing all tier 10's at least once is being discontinued at the end of the year. Many players expressed desire to finally earn the coin, so it is not inconceivable that the line was delayed to avoid the salt adding it this late in the year would bring by undoing the progress for all who have been working on it since the end date was pushed back for getting the coin. Don't know if it's the reason but it is certainly possible. 

Just a thought. WG has trouble making everyone happy so if I am correct and they delayed introducing the Swedish medium line deliberately, good on WG.

ChubbyBuckle06 

choppermeir #7 Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:04 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 10335 battles
  • [FILTH]

View PostFBPrime, on 14 December 2019 - 07:54 PM, said:

Was this ever officially confirmed?

Nope
Streaming over on http://www.twitch.tv/choppermeir 

choppermeir #8 Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:05 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 10335 battles
  • [FILTH]

View PostLiteralComic635, on 14 December 2019 - 07:59 PM, said:

One possible reason for not issuing the Swedish medium line could be that the Medal for completion of all existing lines and owning and playing all tier 10's at least once is being discontinued at the end of the year. Many players expressed desire to finally earn the coin, so it is not inconceivable that the line was delayed to avoid the salt adding it this late in the year would bring by undoing the progress for all who have been working on it since the end date was pushed back for getting the coin. Don't know if it's the reason but it is certainly possible. 

Just a thought. WG has trouble making everyone happy so if I am correct and they delayed introducing the Swedish medium line deliberately, good on WG.

ChubbyBuckle06 

Makes sense to me 
Streaming over on http://www.twitch.tv/choppermeir 

scwirpeo #9 Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 41500 battles
  • [CRY]
Please God don't ask them to do another balance pass. The last two were like actual firestorms of stupidity. We don't need a round three, they did enough damage in round one and two to permanently KO any balance this game actually had left.

MOEs so I can pretend like they matter

Spoiler

steelheadclan #10 Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:23 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15633 battles
I have most of the tech tree tanks I want. 
I mostly play my favorite premiums anymore. 
Would like to see the Swedish mediums. 

ATINvonRUEGEN #11 Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:41 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12539 battles
  • [WOTAN]
Schwiizer ?

AnonymousHobo69 #12 Posted 15 December 2019 - 12:31 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 40703 battles
  • [-L7-]
And every new tank line is nerfed. Don't worry though, every week or so you can pay $50-70 for a new ugly looking premium tank. Enjoy your new content.

im_balthazur #13 Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:53 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43772 battles
  • [DODTR]

Good lord. The flag wavers can try and justify anything that the failing business has not addressed.

But on the other hand, WG is a small time, Nickle and dime player in game development. “Plant’s vs. Zombies” is rated higher ( by a lot).

What do you expect from this regional company? Competence and ingenuity? You ask for far to much.

XLilabnerX #14 Posted 15 December 2019 - 02:45 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 65709 battles

View Postim_balthazur, on 15 December 2019 - 01:53 AM, said:

Good lord. The flag wavers can try and justify anything that the failing business has not addressed.

But on the other hand, WG is a small time, Nickle and dime player in game development. “Plant’s vs. Zombies” is rated higher ( by a lot).

What do you expect from this regional company? Competence and ingenuity? You ask for far to much.

Did you see the developers during the last charity event?

Talk about a group telling us they couldn't tell us anything, I think they spent 3 hours on that subject.

You ever wonder why a group, as opposed to an individual, spends that much time convincing us of nothing?

Yeah me to!

They don't have access, and they are not making big decisions.  

MegaHesh #15 Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:03 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23715 battles
I would say, nothing interesting in ps4 game world, gun shooters and all usual crap, everything beside (ps3) vehicle-based brilliants like starhawk and warhawk. 
WOT-чат без банов и тертых постов: https://discord.gg/PyMc4gg

ooo NO ONE ooo #16 Posted 15 December 2019 - 11:05 AM

Major

• Players
  • 60767 battles
  • [MMTLS]

View Postim_balthazur, on 15 December 2019 - 01:53 AM, said:

Actually WOT is a fantastic game which has been ruined by totally inept upper management.

If I had to write a thesis on how to destroy a fabulous franchise, I would pick WGC.

3 MoE's: None.

JatemKaa #17 Posted 15 December 2019 - 03:23 PM

Major

• Players
  • 62379 battles

View Postscwirpeo, on 14 December 2019 - 02:11 PM, said:

Please God don't ask them to do another balance pass. The last two were like actual firestorms of stupidity. We don't need a round three, they did enough damage in round one and two to permanently KO any balance this game actually had left.

Sadly, you may get your wish - and on one thing you are right - they did a terrible job the first two times - to expect them to suddenly get it right is a bit of a stretch. That being said, doing nothing means everything is fine like it is - which obviously it is not.

MilitaryGoose05 #18 Posted 15 December 2019 - 03:31 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14159 battles

Were any of the new tank lines worth it though? I hardly ever see any Swedish tanks in games, nor any Italians, Polish, Czech. Of the Japanese you maybe sometimes see the OI-Exp and the Type 4, and the STB? The medium one.

Do you ever see any Chinese tanks? Nope. Never.

They introduced all these new lines of tanks, but then made them all painfully sub par so there's no reason to actually play any of them?

vVMr GoodCatVv #19 Posted 15 December 2019 - 05:15 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 30254 battles

View PostAnonymousHobo69, on 15 December 2019 - 12:31 AM, said:

And every new tank line is nerfed. Don't worry though, every week or so you can pay $50-70 for a new ugly looking premium tank. Enjoy your new content.

and on top of that the mm combined with tier ten x2 silver means that money you spent adds up to you will be bottom tier ALOT. Enjoy

"I'm the dandy highway man that your too scared to mention

I spend my cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention"                                                        

scwirpeo #20 Posted 15 December 2019 - 08:23 PM

Major

• Players
  • 41500 battles
  • [CRY]

View PostJatemKaa, on 15 December 2019 - 08:23 AM, said:

Sadly, you may get your wish - and on one thing you are right - they did a terrible job the first two times - to expect them to suddenly get it right is a bit of a stretch. That being said, doing nothing means everything is fine like it is - which obviously it is not.

Do we really need another tank to end up like the E-50? Or for them to give another tier ten heavy 14 more premium pen than a tier 8 light tank?

I would prefer they leave it broken just because I'm more afraid of what they will destroy than what they will fix. They nerfed the t34-1, they literally nerfed a tier seven with a tier 5 hull. It's insanity when they try to balance this game.

MOEs so I can pretend like they matter

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users