Jump to content


Buffs/Nerfs IMO


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

l FearMySkill l #1 Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:02 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 29681 battles
  • 42
  • [-LS-]
  • Member since:
    12-12-2014

Hello and thanks for reading.

 

It's not a secret that WG balancing have been doing things in a poor way, powercreep is necessary for the game to keep people hyped about new tanks and grinding them, but what we've been seeing is that after Super Conqueror and 5A release some tanks have received some unexplained nerfs that just make them a worse version of other tanks for example (277,K91,60TP,907), tanks that are average on PC (excluding 907), balancing should be made by comparing tanks to its competitors not by comparing stats, stats are highly manipulated by the playerbase that plays the tanks so it doesn't reflect how a tank is performing on most cases. A 50% WR tank shouldn't be considered worse than a 53% one, the variables are just so inconsistent and random to evaluate tanks on that way, obviously on bigger gaps like 48% (PC Rhm.Pzw) to 61% (PC 279) the gap is obvious but at the same time the gap between the tanks level is obvious as well, on console we have been getting pointless nerfs like the ones made to 50B, E50M, 30B, 2nd TVP nerf and AMX 13 105 as some examples, they took stats like WR and survival ratio as main reasons to nerf those tanks which is pointless considering that our playerbase is way smaller than PC so data can be even more inconsistent and random, There's no reason why the T110E4 is as good as it is and 60TP is as mediocre as it is, 60TP has 100 less alpha and a longer reload time by 3-4 seconds, K91 was supposed to have a sniper role and it has almost Leopard 1 reload time with less alpha, K91 is supposed to have a better camo than 140(it doesn't) and a better RPM or at least an equal one to have a reason to play it over the other strong russian medium tanks, that's the main issue if you need tanks people won't have a reason to play or grind them because they are either a worse version of other tank (5A-277,30B-M60,WZ 132-1-Sheridan,IS4-SuperConqueror) or very similar tanks that barely have a reason to grind both of them (T62A-140, M48 Patton-Centurion AX-STB-1-4202) so people would get bored of the game, if you make all tanks have an OP characteristic then people will have a reason to grind them which equals to more play time which equals more people buying gold for premium account or other features, just look at the Super Conqueror example, tier 9 conqueror was the most played tank in the game for a good 4 months after Super Conqueror release because everyone wanted the OP tank, I didn't saw a lot of people playing AMX 30, E50 or Italian line. In conclusion tanks should be balanced around the best tank around at the moment (M48, Sconq, E4,M60,430U) to give the worse tanks a reason to be played (E50M,E5,277,30B,121,K91). A proof to my point of balancing tanks according to player stats is not accurate is that i have 76% WR on my 121 with 4200 average damage dealt, even if the tank is not one of the best, why this happen?, Because player performance can change depending on what MM the player sees, and according to what is the skill level of the playerbase of that tank on specific, for example E50,30B and 50B playerbase had a lot more good players playing them on comparison to other OP tanks with "worse" playerbases (183,Wt, auf E100,E4,T57,M48 Patton) which are tanks with a lot bigger playerbase which means that the good players averaging good stats on them won't impact the way the other tanks are impacted, like my 121 example., That's what happened to 50B, 30B or E50 line.

I do have suggestions on what balancing should be made for some tanks to make them competitive or unique and I will probably share them in the close future, now I just wanted to explain why performance-based balancing is not good for the game and why is people not grinding certain lines.

 

Thanks for reading : )

 

Posted Image



P BHELA #2 Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:11 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6597 battles
  • 147
  • Member since:
    05-14-2018

View Postl FearMySkill l, on 14 December 2019 - 10:02 PM, said:

Hello and thanks for reading.

 

It's not a secret that WG balancing have been doing things in a poor way, powercreep is necessary for the game to keep people hyped about new tanks and grinding them, but what we've been seeing is that after Super Conqueror and 5A release some tanks have received some unexplained nerfs that just make them a worse version of other tanks for example (277,K91,60TP,907), tanks that are average on PC (excluding 907), balancing should be made by comparing tanks to its competitors not by comparing stats, stats are highly manipulated by the playerbase that plays the tanks so it doesn't reflect how a tank is performing on most cases. A 50% WR tank shouldn't be considered worse than a 53% one, the variables are just so inconsistent and random to evaluate tanks on that way, obviously on bigger gaps like 48% (PC Rhm.Pzw) to 61% (PC 279) the gap is obvious but at the same time the gap between the tanks level is obvious as well, on console we have been getting pointless nerfs like the ones made to 50B, E50M, 30B, 2nd TVP nerf and AMX 13 105 as some examples, they took stats like WR and survival ratio as main reasons to nerf those tanks which is pointless considering that our playerbase is way smaller than PC so data can be even more inconsistent and random, There's no reason why the T110E4 is as good as it is and 60TP is as mediocre as it is, 60TP has 100 less alpha and a longer reload time by 3-4 seconds, K91 was supposed to have a sniper role and it has almost Leopard 1 reload time with less alpha, K91 is supposed to have a better camo than 140(it doesn't) and a better RPM or at least an equal one to have a reason to play it over the other strong russian medium tanks, that's the main issue if you need tanks people won't have a reason to play or grind them because they are either a worse version of other tank (5A-277,30B-M60,WZ 132-1-Sheridan,IS4-SuperConqueror) or very similar tanks that barely have a reason to grind both of them (T62A-140, M48 Patton-Centurion AX-STB-1-4202) so people would get bored of the game, if you make all tanks have an OP characteristic then people will have a reason to grind them which equals to more play time which equals more people buying gold for premium account or other features, just look at the Super Conqueror example, tier 9 conqueror was the most played tank in the game for a good 4 months after Super Conqueror release because everyone wanted the OP tank, I didn't saw a lot of people playing AMX 30, E50 or Italian line. In conclusion tanks should be balanced around the best tank around at the moment (M48, Sconq, E4,M60,430U) to give the worse tanks a reason to be played (E50M,E5,277,30B,121,K91). A proof to my point of balancing tanks according to player stats is not accurate is that i have 76% WR on my 121 with 4200 average damage dealt, even if the tank is not one of the best, why this happen?, Because player performance can change depending on what MM the player sees, and according to what is the skill level of the playerbase of that tank on specific, for example E50,30B and 50B playerbase had a lot more good players playing them on comparison to other OP tanks with "worse" playerbases (183,Wt, auf E100,E4,T57,M48 Patton) which are tanks with a lot bigger playerbase which means that the good players averaging good stats on them won't impact the way the other tanks are impacted, like my 121 example., That's what happened to 50B, 30B or E50 line.

I do have suggestions on what balancing should be made for some tanks to make them competitive or unique and I will probably share them in the close future, now I just wanted to explain why performance-based balancing is not good for the game and why is people not grinding certain lines.

 

Thanks for reading : )

 

Posted Image

 

who still plays this game? Its 2020. Play something fare and not a pay to win scam game. Save urself man and quit like me and how thousands of others had too.

l FearMySkill l #3 Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:23 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 29681 battles
  • 42
  • [-LS-]
  • Member since:
    12-12-2014

View PostP BHELA, on 14 December 2019 - 10:11 PM, said:

 

who still plays this game? Its 2020. Play something fare and not a pay to win scam game. Save urself man and quit like me and how thousands of others had too.

I play rainbow six lol, and I didn't asked for that kind of opinion did I? I still enjoy the game and if I keep playing it or not is my deal. And games has been as dead as it is now since 2017 so why didn't you quit 2 years ago? And why you keep posting on here? : )



Huncho_Mystic #4 Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:26 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 11416 battles
  • 1,152
  • [ELDER]
  • Member since:
    01-24-2016

View Postl FearMySkill l, on 14 December 2019 - 02:02 PM, said:

Hello and thanks for reading.

 

It's not a secret that WG balancing have been doing things in a poor way, powercreep is necessary for the game to keep people hyped about new tanks and grinding them, but what we've been seeing is that after Super Conqueror and 5A release some tanks have received some unexplained nerfs that just make them a worse version of other tanks for example (277,K91,60TP,907), tanks that are average on PC (excluding 907), balancing should be made by comparing tanks to its competitors not by comparing stats, stats are highly manipulated by the playerbase that plays the tanks so it doesn't reflect how a tank is performing on most cases. A 50% WR tank shouldn't be considered worse than a 53% one, the variables are just so inconsistent and random to evaluate tanks on that way, obviously on bigger gaps like 48% (PC Rhm.Pzw) to 61% (PC 279) the gap is obvious but at the same time the gap between the tanks level is obvious as well, on console we have been getting pointless nerfs like the ones made to 50B, E50M, 30B, 2nd TVP nerf and AMX 13 105 as some examples, they took stats like WR and survival ratio as main reasons to nerf those tanks which is pointless considering that our playerbase is way smaller than PC so data can be even more inconsistent and random, There's no reason why the T110E4 is as good as it is and 60TP is as mediocre as it is, 60TP has 100 less alpha and a longer reload time by 3-4 seconds, K91 was supposed to have a sniper role and it has almost Leopard 1 reload time with less alpha, K91 is supposed to have a better camo than 140(it doesn't) and a better RPM or at least an equal one to have a reason to play it over the other strong russian medium tanks, that's the main issue if you need tanks people won't have a reason to play or grind them because they are either a worse version of other tank (5A-277,30B-M60,WZ 132-1-Sheridan,IS4-SuperConqueror) or very similar tanks that barely have a reason to grind both of them (T62A-140, M48 Patton-Centurion AX-STB-1-4202) so people would get bored of the game, if you make all tanks have an OP characteristic then people will have a reason to grind them which equals to more play time which equals more people buying gold for premium account or other features, just look at the Super Conqueror example, tier 9 conqueror was the most played tank in the game for a good 4 months after Super Conqueror release because everyone wanted the OP tank, I didn't saw a lot of people playing AMX 30, E50 or Italian line. In conclusion tanks should be balanced around the best tank around at the moment (M48, Sconq, E4,M60,430U) to give the worse tanks a reason to be played (E50M,E5,277,30B,121,K91). A proof to my point of balancing tanks according to player stats is not accurate is that i have 76% WR on my 121 with 4200 average damage dealt, even if the tank is not one of the best, why this happen?, Because player performance can change depending on what MM the player sees, and according to what is the skill level of the playerbase of that tank on specific, for example E50,30B and 50B playerbase had a lot more good players playing them on comparison to other OP tanks with "worse" playerbases (183,Wt, auf E100,E4,T57,M48 Patton) which are tanks with a lot bigger playerbase which means that the good players averaging good stats on them won't impact the way the other tanks are impacted, like my 121 example., That's what happened to 50B, 30B or E50 line.

I do have suggestions on what balancing should be made for some tanks to make them competitive or unique and I will probably share them in the close future, now I just wanted to explain why performance-based balancing is not good for the game and why is people not grinding certain lines.

 

Thanks for reading : )

 

Posted Image

 

I must say that you have made some excellent points with some recent posts

I dearly miss my AMX 30 after the nerf (though my stats on it just pulled it down)

I do not think you need to remind everyone how good you are in every post- your signature clearly indicates it but to each their own!

Your balance ideas are solid-

The General Discussion forum could use your insight on the +1/-1 debate.  Most are for the change to it, but there are some aggressive posters calling advocates of +1/-1 bad because they can't handle -2.

 



l FearMySkill l #5 Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:37 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 29681 battles
  • 42
  • [-LS-]
  • Member since:
    12-12-2014

View PostHuncho_Mystic, on 14 December 2019 - 10:26 PM, said:

 

I must say that you have made some excellent points with some recent posts

I dearly miss my AMX 30 after the nerf (though my stats on it just pulled it down)

I do not think you need to remind everyone how good you are in every post- your signature clearly indicates it but to each their own!

Your balance ideas are solid-

The General Discussion forum could use your insight on the +1/-1 debate.  Most are for the change to it, but there are some aggressive posters calling advocates of +1/-1 bad because they can't handle -2.

 

Thanks, and I do it because I think it looks cool nothing left to flex about on this game.



ImpulseOyster42 #6 Posted 14 December 2019 - 11:33 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 1596 battles
  • 241
  • [-THT-]
  • Member since:
    10-02-2017

 

Yes..you're a REAL bundle of joy.. :ohmy:



ATHFjman18 #7 Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:03 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 18789 battles
  • 7,622
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

View PostP BHELA, on 14 December 2019 - 05:11 PM, said:

 

who still plays this game? Its 2020. Play something fare and not a pay to win scam game. Save urself man and quit like me and how thousands of others had too.

 

Considering your last played game was shown to be today, I’d say you still play this game...

 


l FearMySkill l #8 Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:41 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 29681 battles
  • 42
  • [-LS-]
  • Member since:
    12-12-2014

View PostImpulseOyster42, on 14 December 2019 - 11:33 PM, said:

 

Yes..you're a REAL bundle of joy.. :ohmy:

What this come from? Most offtopic thing ever.

And dude you should thank me for 3 Marking your Pershing, M46 Patton and M48 Patton nice 170 dollars you spent



SPUK4U #9 Posted 15 December 2019 - 07:42 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 12028 battles
  • 2,199
  • Member since:
    07-24-2018

View Postl FearMySkill l, on 15 December 2019 - 01:41 AM, said:

What this come from? Most offtopic thing ever.

And dude you should thank me for 3 Marking your Pershing, M46 Patton and M48 Patton nice 170 dollars you spent

 

What did I just read... $170  to get tanks marked as priority target for arty? :facepalm:

-- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve --


deadman1921 #10 Posted 15 December 2019 - 07:53 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 30045 battles
  • 1,807
  • [NONE]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014

View PostP BHELA, on 14 December 2019 - 04:11 PM, said:

 

who still plays this game? Its 2020. Play something fare and not a pay to win scam game. Save urself man and quit like me and how thousands of others had too.

Says the guy I saw playing arty a few days ago 


Soldiers of the One | Loyalty to NONE

 


ImpulseOyster42 #11 Posted 15 December 2019 - 11:20 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 1596 battles
  • 241
  • [-THT-]
  • Member since:
    10-02-2017

View Postl FearMySkill l, on 14 December 2019 - 07:41 PM, said:

What this come from? Most offtopic thing ever.

And dude you should thank me for 3 Marking your Pershing, M46 Patton and M48 Patton nice 170 dollars you spent

 

Your abuse to players is renowned lol, this was posted on Reddit, discord, and some wot facebook pages. 

no one has my account except me and my wife. Besides..my M48 pershing and M46 have 1 mark. 



l FearMySkill l #12 Posted 16 December 2019 - 05:03 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 29681 battles
  • 42
  • [-LS-]
  • Member since:
    12-12-2014

View PostImpulseOyster42, on 15 December 2019 - 11:20 AM, said:

 

Your abuse to players is renowned lol, this was posted on Reddit, discord, and some wot facebook pages. 

no one has my account except me and my wife. Besides..my M48 pershing and M46 have 1 mark. 

Sure, sure overtank.com






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users