Costs to Recruit Crew and Reassign Crew to New Tank

Gold Silver 50% 75% 100%

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Schiavoser #1 Posted 19 December 2019 - 04:29 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 40423 battles

When reassigning crew to another TT tank, it's 100,000 silver to knock progress down -25%. So it takes a few games to resume progress on that crew. 1000g to skip that is an absurd cost. If it was 100g, you might get some buyers. And when recruiting a new crew, 1000g to get one that starts at ZERO rather than -25% or -50%? Again, 100g and you may encourage spending.

Has anyone, in the history of this game, spent 1000 gold to start/preserve crew XP progress at the optimal level?

u_NPC_gash #2 Posted 19 December 2019 - 05:06 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 17160 battles
  • [DLLGF]
You don't even need to play the crew at 75% trained on the tank, if you over train the on the old tank.

Tempest fox3 #3 Posted 19 December 2019 - 05:57 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 21569 battles
  • [JOCO]
I over train my crews. Before you move a crew between tanks complete whatever skill you're training and don't select the next skill to train.

If you train a crew by about 20k xp with no skill selected for training you can transfer it to another tank using the 75% silver option and it will have 100% tank mastery.

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25, Boilermaker- In order obtained

Spoiler

PERMINATOR1 #4 Posted 19 December 2019 - 08:15 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 27526 battles

View PostTempest fox3, on 19 December 2019 - 05:57 PM, said:

I over train my crews. Before you move a crew between tanks complete whatever skill you're training and don't select the next skill to train.

If you train a crew by about 20k xp with no skill selected for training you can transfer it to another tank using the 75% silver option and it will have 100% tank mastery.

Same here.  Try to plan a crew completing a skill/perk in conjunction with tank mastery if you intend to move the crew up to the next tank.  Not always possible but if I'm getting close, I'll focus on getting that crew some extra xp using premium tanks.  This is the one tip I wish I had known in the very beginning.  I KNOW that my "rookie" year was an incredible waste of silver and very poor crew performance for not understanding how the crew training worked, primarily the ability to "overtrain" a crew.  I'll overtrain a crew for a while if I'm planning on moving them to another tank, even if I'm not close to getting that tank yet.  It is nice to move in to a new tank with a fully trained crew, even nicer to select a new skill and have it at 50+ percent complete already and in a couple instances, instantly completed and able to select yet another.  WAY BETTER than trying to train up a 75% crew on a new tank with a base package!

Schiavoser #5 Posted 19 December 2019 - 08:26 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 40423 battles

View PostPERMINATOR1, on 19 December 2019 - 03:15 PM, said:

Same here.  Try to plan a crew completing a skill/perk in conjunction with tank mastery if you intend to move the crew up to the next tank.  Not always possible but if I'm getting close, I'll focus on getting that crew some extra xp using premium tanks.  This is the one tip I wish I had known in the very beginning.  I KNOW that my "rookie" year was an incredible waste of silver and very poor crew performance for not understanding how the crew training worked, primarily the ability to "overtrain" a crew.  I'll overtrain a crew for a while if I'm planning on moving them to another tank, even if I'm not close to getting that tank yet.  It is nice to move in to a new tank with a fully trained crew, even nicer to select a new skill and have it at 50+ percent complete already and in a couple instances, instantly completed and able to select yet another.  WAY BETTER than trying to train up a 75% crew on a new tank with a base package!

View PostTempest fox3, on 19 December 2019 - 12:57 PM, said:

That seems like a good strategy. However, isn't it a marginal difference in time spent on that crew? In one case of reassigning the crew [the 75% option], you spend time recovering the crew's ability to gain XP. In the other case, you prepare the crew in anticipation of that conversion. In the latter case, you still lose 25% of the progress on that perk, no?

I think many players would spend 100g to skip that altogether. Not 1000g though! Another problem with the cost is that it seems like a trap to me. Just like the default Gold cost assigned to premium consumables, this exorbitant and non-refundable cost could be trigger by accident.

PERMINATOR1 #6 Posted 22 December 2019 - 01:12 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 27526 battles

With one, you're operating a top package tank with the mastery bonus.  The other, you're operating a base package tank at 75% skill level.  

If you're willing to pay real money to skip all that entirely , then I suppose it doesn't really matter. 

KilledByPing #7 Posted 22 December 2019 - 11:06 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16795 battles
  • [ENVY]

View PostSchiavoser, on 19 December 2019 - 07:29 PM, said:

When reassigning crew to another TT tank, it's 100,000 silver to knock progress down -25%. So it takes a few games to resume progress on that crew. 1000g to skip that is an absurd cost. If it was 100g, you might get some buyers. And when recruiting a new crew, 1000g to get one that starts at ZERO rather than -25% or -50%? Again, 100g and you may encourage spending.

Has anyone, in the history of this game, spent 1000 gold to start/preserve crew XP progress at the optimal level?

Agree. For 100g I would pay for moving crew every time and would do it more often. For inctance I would rather pay for moving crew from one tank to another instead of grinding another crew.

But for 1000g? Never!

Kanosenju #8 Posted 22 December 2019 - 01:42 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 42899 battles
  • [SUPRA]
I say, reassigning a crew depends on the rank of the commander and if the crew has already used or trained on a tank.  I say, if a crew already trained a certain tank, then you can go back at any time to use the same crew to be able to drive the tank.  The higher ranking crew should train at lesser time than a noob crew.  That should be the crew perks having a higher ranked crew.  Or maybe if the crew is allowed to go back to drive the old tank, the crews progress will be half as fast or none as a penalty of going back drive an old trained tank.

KilledByPing #9 Posted 22 December 2019 - 05:41 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16795 battles
  • [ENVY]

View PostKanosenju, on 22 December 2019 - 04:42 PM, said:

I say, reassigning a crew depends on the rank of the commander and if the crew has already used or trained on a tank.  I say, if a crew already trained a certain tank, then you can go back at any time to use the same crew to be able to drive the tank.  The higher ranking crew should train at lesser time than a noob crew.  That should be the crew perks having a higher ranked crew.  Or maybe if the crew is allowed to go back to drive the old tank, the crews progress will be half as fast or none as a penalty of going back drive an old trained tank.

Or this. The whole system is just a money grab which doesnt work. Nobody gonna pay outrageous 1k gold for moving a crew.

Also tagged with Gold, Silver, 50%, 75%, 100%

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users