• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

DaffierPear6 #1 Posted 29 December 2019 - 09:20 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25014 battles
  • [1CAB]

Hey WG (or Ambassadors, Community Contributors, Supertesters),

Do we have a likely release timeframe for Xbox/PS4 crossplay in 2020?

Hey Wizard,

Are there plans for a joint Global Map in 2020??  When will we get details???

sergeant-slow741 #2 Posted 29 December 2019 - 09:55 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 25556 battles
A 5+ year old game ? Don't hold your breath..
End of passion play, crumbling away I'm your source of self destruction. Veins that pump with fear,sucking darkest clear leading on your death's destruction. Taste me you will see more as you need dedicated to how im killing you.

dzhey43 #3 Posted 29 December 2019 - 11:09 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 31663 battles
  • [3EBC]
Global Map middle January. It will be 2 month long this time.
Spoiler

BingestSugar665 #4 Posted 29 December 2019 - 12:18 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 17181 battles
Sadly don't think cross play will come , but would loved to be proven wrong. Think the game will be dropped in a year or 2.

cooliocory90954 #5 Posted 29 December 2019 - 04:12 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16918 battles
  • [B7CAV]

There are talking about corssplay i think

deadman1921 #6 Posted 29 December 2019 - 05:39 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 30314 battles
  • [-STO-]
When it’s too late.

Soldiers of the One

N6X507 #7 Posted 02 January 2020 - 12:28 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 952 battles

View PostDaffierPear6, on 29 December 2019 - 09:20 AM, said:

Hey WG (or Ambassadors, Community Contributors, Supertesters),

Do we have a likely release timeframe for Xbox/PS4 crossplay in 2020?

Hey Wizard,

Are there plans for a joint Global Map in 2020??  When will we get details???

You are aware that Xplay enabling is not controlled by WarGaming, are you not?

In fact, Sony is the one that is dragging their feet, and trickling away Xplay, based on how large is that particular gaming community.

They had to capitulate in front of Fortnite, because of the popularity of the game. I think they have also enabled PUGB.

I suspect that Xplay will be enabled for each and every game when the PS5 is released. I have nothing to support my statement, I am just saying.

As for WarGaming, World of Tanks can be played cross platforms already. As far as I understood, WarGaming plays cross platform internally.

So we are waiting on Sony..

PLK180W #8 Posted 02 January 2020 - 12:33 PM

Major

• Players
  • 61 battles

View PostN6X507, on 02 January 2020 - 12:28 AM, said:

You are aware that Xplay enabling is not controlled by WarGaming, are you not?

In fact, Sony is the one that is dragging their feet, and trickling away Xplay, based on how large is that particular gaming community.

They had to capitulate in front of Fortnite, because of the popularity of the game. I think they have also enabled PUGB.

I suspect that Xplay will be enabled for each and every game when the PS5 is released. I have nothing to support my statement, I am just saying.

As for WarGaming, World of Tanks can be played cross platforms already. As far as I understood, WarGaming plays cross platform internally.

So we are waiting on Sony..

WoWsL recently had cross play introduced, and that's a WG franchise, and a fair few other games producers are pushing both sides to introduce it.

I won't hold my breath for it, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it introduced sometime this year.

Edited by PLK180W, 02 January 2020 - 12:33 PM.

Through The Mud And Blood To The Green Fields Beyond

Chr15py #9 Posted 03 January 2020 - 09:26 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 15592 battles

Sadly plenty of threads asking this and the same reply from WG - "no news from this old post blah blah blah". When questioned, WG just disappear without answering any questions.

My best guess is never as if they were actually working on it, they wouldn't hide it. They would be forthcoming with information. If they do bring it to the game, it will be too little too late I think. Really it was needed the moment that it was announced for WoWs...

Chris

"Per Ardua ad Astra - Through adversity to the stars"

Steel Wolf 31 #10 Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:55 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 18124 battles
  • [VGC]

On September 26, 2018, Sony announced it would allow cross-platform play on the PlayStation 4 "for select third party content". From October 2018 to October of 2019 Sony was beta testing their crossplay system and only accepting crossplay requests from its trusted developers. In October Sony concluded their beta testing and opened the application process to all developers. However there are still problems from a business perspective. Un-resolvable differences in platforms, developers, and even individual games terms of service have resulted in Sony requiring developers to modify a game's scope of crossplay or deny a game's crossplay entirely. For Example: World of Warships Legends does have crossplay, but players cannot communicate with players from other platforms other than use of the Comwheel. John Smedley, a former president of Sony Online Entertainment, stated that during his time with Sony, the reason the executives gave him for rejecting cross-platform play support was simply a financial motive, claiming, "they didn't like someone buying something on an Xbox and it being used on a Playstation". So while Sony is allowing cross network play, its entirely possible they may continue to reject cross platform content. Now that last bit shouldn't really be a problem for tanks, but it does demonstrate that despite console crossplay becoming more frequent there are still some legal and financial hurdles to overcome. 

Anyone else remember back in 2012 when Sony announced they would be opening crossplay with CS:GO on PC, and then they didn't actually do that. Sometimes in the World of Corperations even a sure thing or signed deal may fall through. 

While it has not been expressly stated to be the case, it does seem like newer games or ones with larger populations are getting through the approval process first.

What ever tactic you use is legit, but if the enemy does it then its a cheap unfair OP noob tactic. 

http://theveterans.boards.net/

Also tagged with Crossplay, Xbox, PS4

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users