Should they remove the 279 (e) from the game?

Soviet Tanks Bias Money Grab Broken tank!

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

SPUK4U #21 Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12717 battles

I  have now played 50 battles in my 279e from the start and ammo rack is a weakness, that can be made a bit better with safe storage crew skill.  Next weakness is it's front armor angle, tall tanks that shoot it from above pen it easily, same with tanks on the higher ground.  Sides are weak and again ammo racks are just below turret.  Tank has terrible gun depression and when it's on the high ground where it's armor is invincible, it can shoot down.  Those four tracks make a nice spaced armor, but tank gets tracked a lot and it's usually means that you are stopped in wrong place and you get penned at the weak places.  I don't really consider 279e OP, it's really difficult tank to play well in the front when you have to face fire from more than one direction.  

Personally I think WG made a mistake when they "PC nerfed" 279e, now it's just a normal tier X soviet heavy and does not feel a reward tank.

-- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve --

Ghost Eight #22 Posted 11 January 2020 - 07:55 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 21824 battles
  • [Y-RNG]

Everyone wants to nerf something they dont know how to kill. I have one and I think it's fine the way it is. And I have killed plenty of them with other tanks. 

I dont think some would be happy until they make every tank have the same stats just different look. 

I just wish everyone would quit screaming nerf when they fight a new tank and dont know how to kill it. 

Many great tanks have been nerfed to where they are useless because of that crap.

Just my opinion. Have fun and enjoy the game.

If we want something fixed how about nerfing the RNG...... or maybe the ghost shells. 

wake_the_move #23 Posted 11 January 2020 - 11:17 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13721 battles
Ghost in the Shell...

Lord Jonny IV #24 Posted 17 January 2020 - 02:48 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14639 battles

As someone said any sort of angle down onto its front plate and its an easy pen. I have even had prem rounds go straight through the front plate dead centre with no angle.

If its angled think of the front like an is-7's. Shoulders arent great and the sides are built from ammo racks.

Very easy to track as well.

I usually only have problems when they charge you and you...depends on what tank i am in thought.

Vampire_Izumi #25 Posted 19 January 2020 - 04:03 AM

Major

• Players
  • 29101 battles

the object 279 (e) is one of the worst russian tier 10s in the game. the only tank that may be worse s the IS-4 but even that tank has a waaay better gun. (is-4: 5 rpm, Object 279 (E): 4.76 rpm) 

i am currently grinding to get the IS-4 so i can see which is better.                                                                                                                                              12s reload             12.60s reload

here is 2 videos of me easily killing a Object 279 (E) with the IS-7.

A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:

RaggaMuffinReap #26 Posted 27 January 2020 - 04:36 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 24744 battles
  • [XPBLS]

I never got mine, i missed early last year, nope WG im not giving u any money. They seem op cause they quite quick and people dont know where to pen it. Clever people looked at the armour viewer, its weak between the turret and the top of its 'grin'. When lookin down on it 8s will pen it, also from the side its really easy, it has the same 122 as the is4 (i think). So if it penned your maus thats own fault for not facing away between shots. My leopard makes the same shot at maus turrets from about 500m, just APCR not HEAT. So he will at 150m with a 122. 

Everybody got one, so is it a noob driver or is it a 5 year veteran, with his 15perk IS7 crew?

worterror #27 Posted 29 January 2020 - 11:01 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 8167 battles
It’s just a ridiculous tank. WG should honestly be ashamed of putting this tank in the game. When do we get flying tanks with an auto loader  when WG. Feces covered finger poke to your eyes WG

SightlessRogue0 #28 Posted 30 January 2020 - 08:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21506 battles

View PostKillrFoxyFemBoy, on 10 January 2020 - 03:23 PM, said:

It’s blatantly broken. My tank, the Maus, which was sidescraping, was just being penned over and over again via the hull, but I couldn’t do anything back. The tank has 0 frontal weak points! And it was given away to nearly every player! I don’t think they should’ve added it until they figured out how to make it balanced. It was nerfed, but it didn’t do anything. The only real way to beat one is to rely on player’s errors, since everything else can’t pen it for frontally. This is my opinion, and I think the game would be better without an annoying HEAT spamming super armored tank ruining the game I’ve played since I was 9.

Already, with only 6000 battles behind you, you shouldn't even be playing at level 10. The idea is that level X is not the right place to tame the mechanics of the games.

You know, all these players who camp and hide, wait until you have lost all your XP in a duel against a red and then steal the kill while you reload, those who will let you be surrounded to make some distant shot rather than to help you, those who hide behind a TD, those who prevent you from backing up when you try to avoid a shot and those who lure their pursuers on you to save themselves while the reds are busy crushing you ... All these players once they reach level 10, they stay there and do not leave this level.

Levels 5 and 6 are the right place for you, otherwise 7 and 8 with PMM. For now avoid the lvl X.

I use Google translator for english language

Lots of juggling in french text, sometimes translator in trouble with that. If you do not understand what I write, tell me.

N A II M A #29 Posted 02 February 2020 - 10:38 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10946 battles
It's butter on sides and with gold spammers is useless even on front .

Orbtastic1 #30 Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:19 AM

Major

• Players
  • 43573 battles
  • [UK]

The sides do seem like butter, I’ve penned them with auto aimed shots on the move with tier 8 lights. 

as for everyone saying they’re Easily beaten from the front, you still need premium rounds and it entirely depends on the angle and height they’re at. Nice full apcr loadout on the is7 lolz. 

Had one just plonk himself in front of five tanks yesterday and bounce a casual 20k and nearly 40 shots. Including a grille and a waffle. Both flanks were held down by a t95 and an e3 so I was kinda stuck in my amx30. I tried the usual spots but despite tracking him a few times nobody actually did any damage. The low pen heat rounds were useless even when I got a better angle on his ufp. It took a batchat to yolo him and me spamming he at “weak” spots to get him off the board but I reckon if the game was longer he’d have bounced til everyone was out of ammo. 

Ozgur72 #31 Posted 13 February 2020 - 01:20 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 10822 battles

As a fast tank player I find obj 279 is easy to counter. Sides and butt are butter. Is7 and Is 4 are much harder.

N7EasierPilot31 #32 Posted 13 February 2020 - 02:10 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 53905 battles
  • [BULL3]

it's not broke - imo. it's a premium tank, you face anywhere from a 1 skill to a 20+ skill crew. same for the driver. remember that when when you spot one. avoid it & save it for the last kill or let someone else deal with it.:)

SpongeBob SquarePants, Episode 130:  Eugene Krabs - "Questions are a danger to you and a burden to others."

Fearless2997 #33 Posted 13 February 2020 - 04:30 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32404 battles

View PostArtorius SVH, on 10 January 2020 - 03:41 PM, said:

When you see one in front of you, just point to the 4 lines under its  turret on its right. The turret falls to the ground alone

agree i one shotted one spamming premuim round at long range in e4 :trollface:

o The HUN o #34 Posted 19 February 2020 - 01:39 PM

Private

• Players
  • 11532 battles
  • [TREUE]
I think 279 (e) is a POS. OK, guns good and the Hull potato friendly but personally I can't enjoy playing it. Everybodys loading gold when seeing one. 

Red Dough Boy #35 Posted 10 March 2020 - 09:19 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 28188 battles
  • [_POI_]

Should they remove a tank with an average gun and good armor with a few weaknesses? No. 

Should they remove tanks that make no sense in a line and in one case are horribly broken? Yes, but they won't. (SU-122-54, WT Auf E-100, 430 down to tier 9). 

Just like any new tank you have to learn how to fight it, the 279 isn't that greatly armored if you fire premium rounds. And the Maus has almost always been a meme, try playing a tank that doesn't rely on mostly flat armor and no speed. Besides, the 279 was a tank people had to earn over a year long campaign, that's not a thing to take away from people. 

If I only had a Baneblade....

A Big Sniff #36 Posted 11 March 2020 - 06:38 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 25896 battles
  • [-SDW-]

View PostKillrFoxyFemBoy, on 10 January 2020 - 03:23 PM, said:

It’s blatantly broken. My tank, the Maus, which was sidescraping, was just being penned over and over again via the hull, but I couldn’t do anything back. The tank has 0 frontal weak points! And it was given away to nearly every player! I don’t think they should’ve added it until they figured out how to make it balanced. It was nerfed, but it didn’t do anything. The only real way to beat one is to rely on player’s errors, since everything else can’t pen it for frontally. This is my opinion, and I think the game would be better without an annoying HEAT spamming super armored tank ruining the game I’ve played since I was 9.

U R A BOT !

PLK180W #37 Posted 12 March 2020 - 03:05 PM

Major

• Players
  • 61 battles
Popped a few of them using the Chariot, was a bit of a bugger when I first ran into them, but now I just treat them with contempt, (and a high velocity round of ammo!). 
Through The Mud And Blood To The Green Fields Beyond

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users