Playing for rewards?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

dzhey43 #1 Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:37 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 30702 battles
  • [3EBC]
We had two kind of folks, playing for fun and for stats. Now we have folks playing for rewards. Uh uh rewards are not worse playing in 2020 ops uh uh I will not play any more uh uh.
Spoiler

SPUK4U #2 Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:52 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11979 battles
You forgot pay-to-advance people, those folks who go forward with money. The game is made for people with money to burn. :teethhappy: 

-- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve --

SHREK T T #3 Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:58 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 64641 battles
  • [D-12]
You forgot playing as theres nothing else to play lol that for the 360 players 
WG support say when you sell a tank your crew sell's with it be careful commanders

RadiantPup27709 #4 Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:04 AM

Major

• Players
  • 28398 battles
Yeah, I'm not even going to bother to try and decipher the OP. Too early for me yet...

im_balthazur #5 Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:08 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43409 battles
  • [DODTR]

View PostSPUK4U, on 14 January 2020 - 10:52 AM, said:

You forgot pay-to-advance people, those folks who go forward with money. The game is made for people with money to burn. :teethhappy: 

agreed. Pay to win it is.

RadiantPup27709 #6 Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:17 AM

Major

• Players
  • 28398 battles

View Postim_balthazur, on 14 January 2020 - 07:08 AM, said:

agreed. Pay to win it is.

Disagree. Pay to Earn/Pay to Advance it is.

dzhey43 #7 Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:19 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 30702 battles
  • [3EBC]

View PostSPUK4U, on 14 January 2020 - 01:52 PM, said:

uh uh I give 200$ each month uh uh and 2020ops uh uh gives me nothing in return uh uh
Spoiler

Der Nachtgieger #8 Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:24 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43671 battles
  • [ALKI]
I play for salty tears lately. Just bought every tier X arty when 10s were on sale in December

dzhey43 #9 Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:51 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 30702 battles
  • [3EBC]

View PostDer Nachtgieger, on 14 January 2020 - 02:24 PM, said:

I play for salty tears lately. Just bought every tier X arty when 10s were on sale in December

Good reason to play! Could buy 3 tier 10 squares but won't. Fv304 does it better.
Spoiler

matematicalone #10 Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:34 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 3080 battles
I don't know why you mock people for expecting some earnable stuff along the way. I don't have much free time to burn and if I decide to spend it playing games I would prefer to have something earnable to make it more interesting. Like take Fortnite for example, earnable stuff every now and then with each new season. There is a mode where you can play regularly to earn ingame currency (V-bucks) and spend it later on whatever you choose from the store. Result of that policy is steady numbers on servers and minimal queue time. Are there any people spending crazy amounts on digital skins and pickaxes? Sure, Epic Games is serious company and they have to pay their devs, but these people really do somthing in return.

bigpikle #11 Posted 14 January 2020 - 01:10 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26563 battles

View PostDer Nachtgieger, on 14 January 2020 - 11:24 AM, said:

You are now on my heroes list (along with Potato QQ). I play for the challenge of completing whatever goal I set for myself. Right now it is to finish all daily ops + make a point 1. When I’m done with MAP1, the goal would be 2xMAP2 every 3 days... I don’t have a premium account so it goes slower for me.

Tonight Commander mode starts, I’ll try to finish the daily ops first then go do the Tanker mode for more points...  Lots of grinds to finish; I’m not done with the game because of rewards

Happy Tanking:)

dzhey43 #12 Posted 14 January 2020 - 01:19 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 30702 battles
  • [3EBC]

View Postmatematicalone, on 14 January 2020 - 03:34 PM, said:

I don't know why you mock people for expecting some earnable stuff along the way. I don't have much free time to burn and if I decide to spend it playing games I would prefer to have something earnable to make it more interesting. Like take Fortnite for example, earnable stuff every now and then with each new season. There is a mode where you can play regularly to earn ingame currency (V-bucks) and spend it later on whatever you choose from the store. Result of that policy is steady numbers on servers and minimal queue time. Are there any people spending crazy amounts on digital skins and pickaxes? Sure, Epic Games is serious company and they have to pay their devs, but these people really do somthing in return.

Thanks for response. I think you are first one in the topic who plays for rewards. We all did same with old events, but 2019 used us to have free stuff for literally nothing, but playing. And no single event. Do this and have that as a reward. I would guess WG supposed all free stuff would bring new players and it did not worked. It promotes bad gameplay instead. Most of players still play the game because it is fun to drive tanks and do pew pew. It is weird to play a game only for free stuff. Ppl should think about winning the battles, not about some medkits or camos.

Spoiler

matematicalone #13 Posted 14 January 2020 - 01:21 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 3080 battles

View Postdzhey43, on 14 January 2020 - 02:19 PM, said:

Thanks for response. I think you are first one in the topic who plays for rewards. We all did same with old events, but 2019 used us to have free stuff for literally nothing, but playing. And no single event. Do this and have that as a reward. I would guess WG supposed all free stuff would bring new players and it did not worked. It promotes bad gameplay instead. Most of players still play the game because it is fun to drive tanks and do pew pew. It is weird to play a game only for free stuff. Ppl should think about winning the battles, not about some medkits or camos.

I said earnable, you said free...please note the difference. Nothing is free.

dzhey43 #14 Posted 14 January 2020 - 01:31 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 30702 battles
  • [3EBC]

View Postmatematicalone, on 14 January 2020 - 04:21 PM, said:

I said earnable, you said free...please note the difference. Nothing is free.

That's a game. You play tier 7 to earn tier 8. But if they give some stuff for doing it - it's free. The game is about playing tier 7 and earn tier 8 and so on. Not about playing 5 battles to earn repair kit or warchest. That's free stuff, but not game purpose.

Spoiler

milesizdead #15 Posted 14 January 2020 - 01:39 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 19042 battles
  • [47R]
I play for fun, stats and rewards! You name it, I’ll use it for motivation. 

matematicalone #16 Posted 14 January 2020 - 01:46 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 3080 battles

View Postdzhey43, on 14 January 2020 - 02:31 PM, said:

That's a game. You play tier 7 to earn tier 8. But if they give some stuff for doing it - it's free. The game is about playing tier 7 and earn tier 8 and so on. Not about playing 5 battles to earn repair kit or warchest. That's free stuff, but not game purpose.

Yes it is, and I'm playing tanks I like and playing because I like it. But at the same time my time is limited and I can choose between several ways of how to spend it. If it's down to playing some games there is more games to choose from. If I feel like playing tanks I'll just play tanks, but games nowdays are competing for server population and they constantly invent new marketing strategies to attract more people to servers. Earnable things is one of the most frequent and common in use. It's only free if it requires no action or effort whatsoever. If it does, it's earnable. Quid pro quo.

tokyobatman #17 Posted 14 January 2020 - 01:51 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12511 battles
  • [NOPE]

View Postbigpikle, on 14 January 2020 - 07:10 AM, said:

You are now on my heroes list (along with Potato QQ). I play for the challenge of completing whatever goal I set for myself. Right now it is to finish all daily ops + make a point 1. When I’m done with MAP1, the goal would be 2xMAP2 every 3 days... I don’t have a premium account so it goes slower for me.

Tonight Commander mode starts, I’ll try to finish the daily ops first then go do the Tanker mode for more points...  Lots of grinds to finish; I’m not done with the game because of rewards

Happy Tanking:)

I agree with you.  I play for  fun and enjoy talking with my friends.  If I make the rewards, that's great... To many people loose sight that its a game and enjoyment should be the first factor in it. Since I joined this forum, I notice that more people are bitter than enjoyable.... I think they might need to find a new game that makes them happy. IMO it's still a fun game to play...

ToxicBullbog #18 Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:12 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20419 battles

View Postdzhey43, on 14 January 2020 - 01:19 PM, said:

WGCB is giving out the the loot to keep player numbers not gain them, how is it supposed to increase numbers? The game isn't advertised it's a however old game that people have to go out of their we to find on the PS/XB Stores or just stumble upon.

As for you saying people are playing for free stuff, i imagine a small number of people are but it's more likely people trying to find motivation to play the game.

We have balance, mm issues and no new maps so people aren't going to be having much fun compared to how much they used to. Then you have the fact we haven't got quality content in a while, the ITA line was interesting and would of been worth a grind if not for the heavy nerfs. The devs don't care about the competitive side so you have that chunk slighted.

So in summary, you have a crap tonne of people trying to find a reason to still play.

I don't play anymore, just loiter around the forum from time to time.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AngryBullbog

redshadowrider #19 Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:33 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37970 battles
Op, you forgot to add a third category.  Those that aren’t playing for anything.....because they have quit.

Edited by redshadowrider, 14 January 2020 - 02:33 PM.

I'm just saying.....

tokyobatman #20 Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:34 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12511 battles
  • [NOPE]

View PostToxicBullbog, on 14 January 2020 - 08:12 AM, said:

WGCB is giving out the the loot to keep player numbers not gain them, how is it supposed to increase numbers? The game isn't advertised it's a however old game that people have to go out of their we to find on the PS/XB Stores or just stumble upon.

As for you saying people are playing for free stuff, i imagine a small number of people are but it's more likely people trying to find motivation to play the game.

We have balance, mm issues and no new maps so people aren't going to be having much fun compared to how much they used to. Then you have the fact we haven't got quality content in a while, the ITA line was interesting and would of been worth a grind if not for the heavy nerfs. The devs don't care about the competitive side so you have that chunk slighted.

So in summary, you have a crap tonne of people trying to find a reason to still play.

I agree with you that MM and Maps need some work and getting a few new TT tanks would be nice.  However, saying a "Crap Tone of people trying to find a reason to still play", I believe is incorrect.  Normally, I am in a match within 20 seconds or less.  In my 2 years of playing the game, I can only think of a few times that I had to wait for 2 minutes or more.  The player base may not be what it was a few years ago, but I am not having issue with getting into games.  Now, MM that's a different story....:)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users