Why Do You Do this WG?

Ops

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

redshadowrider #1 Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:29 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37970 battles
The entire year of last years OP, you had the running point total at the top of the OPs list.  I am a point checker, and since every game can add points, it changes after each one and I look at it.  So what do you do now?  Put the slow, 1 point per day op at the top of the list.  So it updates one time, and to see your running point total you have to scroll down to it.  It’s just another straw that we have to add to the pile of straws that is this game.  
For those that think this is petty, get back to me when you reach almost 6 years and tell me how high your pile of straw has become.  And for those that say go play something else, I am.
I'm just saying.....

DrHorrible4Life #2 Posted 14 January 2020 - 03:02 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 12594 battles
This is the best quitpost of all time.  The last straw was menu-related.  Enjoy your break, brother, you've earned it.

MaxAmmo10562 #3 Posted 14 January 2020 - 03:33 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 30497 battles
  • [239G]
I agree, I am also a points checker, last year the ops listings were clear and concise, this year it's a dogs breakfast. 

XEboi #4 Posted 14 January 2020 - 03:37 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 23324 battles

View PostMaxAmmo10562, on 14 January 2020 - 03:33 PM, said:

I agree, I am also a points checker, last year the ops listings were clear and concise, this year it's a dogs breakfast. 

Yes yes! It was fine how it was why change it 

Not a clue what's going on now tbh 

supermuis68 #5 Posted 14 January 2020 - 04:01 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23645 battles

View Postredshadowrider, on 14 January 2020 - 02:29 PM, said:

The entire year of last years OP, you had the running point total at the top of the OPs list.  I am a point checker, and since every game can add points, it changes after each one and I look at it.  So what do you do now?  Put the slow, 1 point per day op at the top of the list.  So it updates one time, and to see your running point total you have to scroll down to it.  It’s just another straw that we have to add to the pile of straws that is this game.  
For those that think this is petty, get back to me when you reach almost 6 years and tell me how high your pile of straw has become.  And for those that say go play something else, I am.

:medal::medal:your right WG  is killing the game

Highlordwurm #6 Posted 14 January 2020 - 06:36 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18020 battles

I don't know if it is the straw to break my back...but, I agree that this op is VERY confusing...I think I have already messed it up, do they REALLY want me to play EVERY day for a year!?  I like this game, but, I get stubborn when my boss tells me I MUST do something, guess what I say to a gaming company?

I may be wrong about that, but, like I said, confusing.

Joco3000 #7 Posted 14 January 2020 - 06:40 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 26901 battles
  • [JOCO]

Didn't you make this thread only a couple of days ago?

Not saying I agree or disagree, but I'd had waited longer to repost.

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

Schiavoser #8 Posted 14 January 2020 - 06:52 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 39910 battles

View PostJoco3000, on 14 January 2020 - 01:40 PM, said:

I think it's a reasonable thing to complain about again in light of the fact today is Tuesday. WG had chance with server reset and update to adjust the wording and appearance of the Op. I haven't logged i yet today to see it for myself, but the "Operation: Day __ Reward" annoyed me this past week because it displayed as an active Op. If they failed to correct it, that's pretty sad. The meta Op is pretty lame. Not much they will likely do about improving the Op's structure. But they could at least not clutter up the menu with confusing information and idle Ops posing as active ones.

redshadowrider #9 Posted 14 January 2020 - 07:49 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37970 battles

View PostJoco3000, on 14 January 2020 - 12:40 PM, said:

Straws.... I waited to see if there were “any” changes on the update that were made.  So, no, whatever thread you refer to, I was close, but had not decided.  I have now.  I will keep up with the forums to see any announcements are forthcoming.  However, you are welcome to point to a thread started by me...  I am old and may have had a senior moment.  :trollface:
I'm just saying.....

Joco3000 #10 Posted 14 January 2020 - 07:51 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 26901 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postredshadowrider, on 14 January 2020 - 07:49 PM, said:

Straws.... I waited to see if there were “any” changes on the update that were made.  So, no, whatever thread you refer to, I was close, but had not decided.  I have now.  I will keep up with the forums to see any announcements are forthcoming.  However, you are welcome to point to a thread started by me...  I am old and may have had a senior moment.  :trollface:

Thisone.

I lie, it's three days ago.

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

redshadowrider #11 Posted 14 January 2020 - 08:22 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37970 battles
I had forgotten that one....  I would have used it to pick up after the update if I had remembered.  Ahh, but it still holds true today. :)

Edited by redshadowrider, 14 January 2020 - 08:23 PM.

I'm just saying.....

bigpikle #12 Posted 14 January 2020 - 09:37 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26580 battles
Psychologically, people will get discouraged if after a week they are still on 50 points off of a 1500 points op.  They might not see themselves able to pull through it and just give up on the whole thing. This way it is only 15 points to the next one...Talk about dangling a carrot:)

Very Classy #13 Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33180 battles
  • [JOCO]
It's a good time for a break. Join us... there are dozens of us.

There is literally an Xbox 360 in a museum, and this is the best joke you can come up with?
                                                                                         -- allhavoc

redshadowrider #14 Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:42 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37970 battles

View PostVery Classy, on 14 January 2020 - 04:35 PM, said:

It's a good time for a break. Join us... there are dozens of us.

LOL.....do I need a membership card?  :trollface:
I'm just saying.....

LiteralComic635 #15 Posted 15 January 2020 - 01:02 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 493 battles

I want to be sympathetic. I honestly do. And I completely agree that the primary points OP should be on top. 

Having said that, I completely fail to understand how the order in which the OP'S have been positioned could possibly be so irksome that it would cause distress to the point of quitting. 

If it is, then you truly need and deserve a break. 

ChubbyBuckle06 

redshadowrider #16 Posted 15 January 2020 - 02:57 AM

Major

• Players
  • 37970 battles
I am not really sure how much you read the forums, but I have made it no secret that I have been close to quitting before this.  I made mention of that earlier in this thread, and on others as well.  I came back in August just to finish the year long OP.  And I have said as much.  And finally, I am in a company of a lot of long time players that have said as well.  It’s no secret..
I'm just saying.....

Schiavoser #17 Posted 15 January 2020 - 03:01 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 39910 battles

View PostLiteralComic635, on 14 January 2020 - 08:02 PM, said:

I want to be sympathetic. I honestly do. And I completely agree that the primary points OP should be on top. 

Having said that, I completely fail to understand how the order in which the OP'S have been positioned could possibly be so irksome that it would cause distress to the point of quitting. 

If it is, then you truly need and deserve a break. 

ChubbyBuckle06 

I want to call this a reasonable post. I honestly do. 

Having said that, it reads like a fanboy authored it. If you're not sympathetic, you're not. It's your prerogative. But this Op is part of a series of failures or dissapointments in the eyes of many players. Not trying to rain on your good time, but I'm defending someone with whom I really do sympathize.

LiteralComic635 #18 Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:16 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 493 battles

View PostSchiavoser, on 15 January 2020 - 03:01 AM, said:

I want to call this a reasonable post. I honestly do. 

Having said that, it reads like a fanboy authored it. If you're not sympathetic, you're not. It's your prerogative. But this Op is part of a series of failures or dissapointments in the eyes of many players. Not trying to rain on your good time, but I'm defending someone with whom I really do sympathize.

All all right then. Thanks for your sympathy or not. I don't play games I don't like and the OP shouldn't either. 

ChubbyBuckle06 

LiteralComic635 #19 Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:22 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 493 battles

View Postredshadowrider, on 15 January 2020 - 02:57 AM, said:

I am not really sure how much you read the forums, but I have made it no secret that I have been close to quitting before this.  I made mention of that earlier in this thread, and on others as well.  I came back in August just to finish the year long OP.  And I have said as much.  And finally, I am in a company of a lot of long time players that have said as well.  It’s no secret..

I am familiar with your posts. I feel badly about you and anyone else feeling like quitting the game. Can't stop you and not trying to troll you either. Sorry if my post came out that way. 

ChubbyBuckle06 

STUART SHERMAN #20 Posted 15 January 2020 - 12:30 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 41719 battles
  • [FLT]

View Postredshadowrider, on 14 January 2020 - 09:29 AM, said:

I will say it is indeed a small point but that is clearly not your primary issue with the game, it’s everything all added up, i.e. the straw pile. Playing is a choice that only you can make and it is sad that the administration of this game we all love(d) cannot seem to connect with the wider base of veteran players. Petty or not this is where they have put you and that is the sad part. It is disturbing to see respected fellow Forumers finding that they have no more motivation to play for whatever reason and that lends to the idea that the game is devolving. I too have 6+ years in this game including Beta and as I’ve stated I will play until they shut the lights off. My straw pile is not enough to discourage me but it does exist. 
Good fortune to you OP and I hope you find you way back to the game at some point. 
:honoring:

"Stop it with all the negative waves..."    Oddball

Also tagged with Ops

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users