41 replies to this topic

IBROX 04 #21 Posted 14 January 2020 - 07:13 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20702 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 14 January 2020 - 07:08 PM, said:

Hello, 

The Date and Time that Weekly Ops will show up on your account will vary per person. 

Upon your first login after the start of Winter Games, Tuesday, Jan 7th, you received your first Weekly Op and a 7-day timer was started on your account. You are only eligible to receive a new Weekly Op once this 7-day timer is completed.

• Example 1: If you first logged in at 2 PM on Jan 7th, your account will be eligible to receive a new weekly Op at 2 PM on Jan 14th.
  • Example 2: If you first logged in at 5 PM on Jan 9th, your account will be eligible to receive a new weekly Op at 5 PM on Jan 16th.

What? Oh well done. Ain't surprised. Logged in earlier than usual to try and get headstart on the 50 pointer op. Thanks WG

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

Z0MB13A55A51N #22 Posted 14 January 2020 - 07:14 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 66864 battles
  • [C-GUL]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 14 January 2020 - 11:08 AM, said:

Hello, 

The Date and Time that Weekly Ops will show up on your account will vary per person. 

Upon your first login after the start of Winter Games, Tuesday, Jan 7th, you received your first Weekly Op and a 7-day timer was started on your account. You are only eligible to receive a new Weekly Op once this 7-day timer is completed.

• Example 1: If you first logged in at 2 PM on Jan 7th, your account will be eligible to receive a new weekly Op at 2 PM on Jan 14th.
  • Example 2: If you first logged in at 5 PM on Jan 9th, your account will be eligible to receive a new weekly Op at 5 PM on Jan 16th.

If it isnt broke dont fix it. Not sure why your trying to confuse people with your silly ops system.  Just another reason why I play the game alot less now days.

IBROX 04 #23 Posted 14 January 2020 - 07:15 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20702 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostZ0MB13A55A51N, on 14 January 2020 - 07:14 PM, said:

If it isnt broke dont fix it. Not sure why your trying to confuse people with your silly ops system.  Just another reason why I play the game alot less now days.

Hey they don't care. 

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

spuddud987654321 #24 Posted 14 January 2020 - 07:18 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16821 battles
  • [KBT]

Hello, 

Nice so we all have our own personal timers?   That info was parsed out when?  Ok I'll make sure to camp the spawn and wait for the named to pop every 18 hours.

MASHMAN 90 #25 Posted 14 January 2020 - 07:31 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 37746 battles
I don't like it. People should get the Op at the same time regardless of whether you log in on Tuesday or Friday. Honestly this Ops thing just gets more confusing and i keep thinking, Is their more things about the Op what we need to know and try and understand. The only problem with the Old Ops was waiting 2-3 weeks to unlock the Tank after completing Phase 3 in my opinion, I didn't mind a 2 week break between Phases (Although others may want to do it in one go). Just got to grips with the more Weekly Missions in Month 2 and 3 but now i have more i need to try and understand. While i understand the concept, i can't agree with it, Sorry WG.

TocFanKe4 #26 Posted 14 January 2020 - 07:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21268 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 14 January 2020 - 01:08 PM, said:

Hello, 

This was a poor op structure, just like those daily ops.  I jumped from day 1 to day 4 to day 7..  It makes no sense unless you studied exactly every little detail in the descriptions.  Even then you have to check around to forum for an explanation of these things.

You had a decent op structure that was easily understandable last year.  This year the structure is needlessly complicated

My dislike of +/- 1 pales in comparison to my hatred of Loaded Dice.

IBROX 04 #27 Posted 14 January 2020 - 07:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20702 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostMASHMAN 90, on 14 January 2020 - 07:31 PM, said:

I don't like it. People should get the Op at the same time regardless of whether you log in on Tuesday or Friday. Honestly this Ops thing just gets more confusing and i keep thinking, Is their more things about the Op what we need to know and try and understand. The only problem with the Old Ops was waiting 2-3 weeks to unlock the Tank after completing Phase 3 in my opinion, I didn't mind a 2 week break between Phases (Although others may want to do it in one go). Just got to grips with the more Weekly Missions in Month 2 and 3 but now i have more i need to try and understand. While i understand the concept, i can't agree with it, Sorry WG.

Talking about missions. The winter games are going to a mission for me personally. Pts are hard to get + the 50 point ops reset. Ran the numbers a few times and I'm going to be short 150/200 points. So I've decided to go play commander mode and forget winter games. I'm gonna avoid winter games threads . Because I'm probably going to get a timeout or banned. 

I wish everyone good luck. 

MASHMAN 90 #28 Posted 14 January 2020 - 07:55 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 37746 battles

View PostIBROX 04, on 14 January 2020 - 07:39 PM, said:

Talking about missions. The winter games are going to a mission for me personally. Pts are hard to get + the 50 point ops reset. Ran the numbers a few times and I'm going to be short 150/200 points. So I've decided to go play commander mode and forget winter games. I'm gonna avoid winter games threads . Because I'm probably going to get a timeout or banned. 

You too, I don't blame you, Commander Mode has some nice Rewards, i'm 15k from getting the JPanther Auto + a further 800 Gold. :)

spuddud987654321 #29 Posted 14 January 2020 - 08:01 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16821 battles
  • [KBT]
At my current pace.  I need 81 more completion s.  I can do making a point 1 7 or 8 more times.  With the 50 point op once this week and twice the last two weeks.  I'm looking at almost 2 hours of tanks a night to complete my daily ops.  Yeah think it's time to not bother.  Good luck on those who put that time in.

WESTW33ZY #30 Posted 14 January 2020 - 08:16 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14799 battles

View PostMASHMAN 90, on 14 January 2020 - 07:55 PM, said:

You too, I don't blame you, Commander Mode has some nice Rewards, i'm 15k from getting the JPanther Auto + a further 800 Gold. :)

Theres too much confusion for everyone and were all asking for answers but  everything should be explained in one place like the news portal or provide a link in the ingame loading screen as not everyone visits the forum or twitter to find answers, but hey atleast we get pts in commander mode plus the 40 pts at the end, i'll be done tomorrow, let me know if the panzersnacker unlocks , i know it said after event 5 but ya never know

Twitter @WESTW33ZY

pepelefrogg #31 Posted 14 January 2020 - 08:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 52378 battles

View PostIBROX 04, on 14 January 2020 - 02:39 PM, said:

If the 50 point op resets I'm screwed. Active duty requires a minimum of 42 games IF you trigger all three tasks EVERY match. I am at 101 of 125 tasks with minutes to go before the end of my "week"

WESTW33ZY #32 Posted 14 January 2020 - 08:27 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14799 battles

View Postpepelefrogg, on 14 January 2020 - 08:18 PM, said:

If the 50 point op resets I'm screwed. Active duty requires a minimum of 42 games IF you trigger all three tasks EVERY match. I am at 101 of 125 tasks with minutes to go before the end of my "week"

we were told they reset but i still have my progress, i logged in soon as the downtime was up last tuesday so my weekly op should have reset at the same time today but i still have my xp in my earn 55k xp op so this creates more confusion

Twitter @WESTW33ZY

bigpikle #33 Posted 14 January 2020 - 08:35 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26563 battles
It used to reset the ops on server reset, now I have to keep track of when I logged on?  Do I need to log off/on to activate the new op?  Will that start a new timer that I have to track for the week after?  

CatSnipah #34 Posted 14 January 2020 - 09:54 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27677 battles
  • [BNKR]

Hello, 

Lol wut??

Just when I think you guys have screwed up everything, you find something else to screw up and surprise me. 

Yet another unnecessary, inexplicable maneuver. 

Max, I'm sure I'm not exactly your favorite forum dweller around here, but I hope you take my next piece of advice seriously:

Take a good look around these forums right now and take-in the significant amount of frustration, aggravation and disappointment that is posted here. You guys really need to recognize what a travesty you've created with these new winter ops. 

You're at a crossroads with the playerbase. And you're about to lose a whole bunch of veterans with this nonsense. 

Take a page from your sister organization over at WoWsPC who royally pissed off the playerbase with the carrier rework and how quickly they moved to save face by listening to the players and worked to make things right. 

Huncho_Mystic #35 Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:13 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 11415 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostCatSnipah, on 14 January 2020 - 01:54 PM, said:

Lol wut??

Just when I think you guys have screwed up everything, you find something else to screw up and surprise me. 

Yet another unnecessary, inexplicable maneuver. 

Max, I'm sure I'm not exactly your favorite forum dweller around here, but I hope you take my next piece of advice seriously:

Take a good look around these forums right now and take-in the significant amount of frustration, aggravation and disappointment that is posted here. You guys really need to recognize what a travesty you've created with these new winter ops. 

You're at a crossroads with the playerbase. And you're about to lose a whole bunch of veterans with this nonsense. 

Take a page from your sister organization over at WoWsPC who royally pissed off the playerbase with the carrier rework and how quickly they moved to save face by listening to the players and worked to make things right. 

Yes this is crazy

I find myself only logging on 1x per week- can't figure out new op structure, come to the forum for answers and see this new weird setup?

Please make this stuff easier to figure out- don't make people work to play the game

jonnymanz67 #36 Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:35 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 45032 battles
  • [MDK]
Still not showing for me, but I did get a point of the day about 7 battles after I finished the daily's for 4 points and also so far I've had 3 personal offers the 217, the Italian thing and the T34 hmh thing. Methinks something awry:teethhappy:

Pit Friend #37 Posted 15 January 2020 - 01:11 AM

Major

• Players
  • 33926 battles
  • [PTATO]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 14 January 2020 - 02:08 PM, said:

Hello, 

No offense, but why make this so unnecessarily complex?

When the nice guy loses his patience the devil shivers. 

TocFanKe4 #38 Posted 15 January 2020 - 01:26 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21268 battles
  • [GIRLS]
I can play maybe 2-3 times a week, for maybe 1-4 hours per session.  I'm wondering if it's even possible for me to get these ops done. 

Edited by TocFanKe4, 15 January 2020 - 01:26 AM.

My dislike of +/- 1 pales in comparison to my hatred of Loaded Dice.

Canibal 0x #39 Posted 15 January 2020 - 04:13 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13535 battles
  • [BNKR-]
So as long as we logged in we will accumulate the weekly op starting from our first log in date? For example a Jan 7 login will unlock and op on the 14th 21st and every day after? I cant believe I am having to ask how an op works...... It was fine the way it was why would you change it?

Kesselschlachtt #40 Posted 16 January 2020 - 03:22 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 14405 battles
  • [VITAL]

Hello, 

So let me see if I understand this.  A system existed and was in place that started each weekly Op at the server reset.  This was removed and replaced with a system that must track the log in time for every individual player and start a seven day timer for them.  I can only assume then that the next week if you are not logged in at the time that the timer expires, you will not get your next weekly Op until further still into the next week. (I'll get to test this since I was done playing for the day before my timer hit on Tuesday and didn't have time to log in again until Wednesday night which tells me that next week that's when I'll see my weekly again).

My question then is this; what is the benefit of this?

From a player perspective I don't see one.  The cons are obvious.  It creates what seems to be an unnecessary change.  It was not adequately communicated which led to confusion among the player base.  This will be even more so among the player base that does not frequent the forums and all they know is that for some reason their weekly Op is there and other times it seems like they aren't getting one.  It creates the impression that an effort is being made to make it harder to complete the operation while at the same time the rewards were significantly reduced (i.e. If you had done all three Winter Games last year you would have earned 19.95 million silver, when you finished this one you will have earned 2.36 million).  Can't think of any pros here aside from "free stuff is free stuff", which, it is.

I would be very interested in hearing what the developers felt the benefit of this new format is since they must have made some argument in favor of this or it would not have happened.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users