Question for the devs

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Master Raigoth #1 Posted 15 January 2020 - 05:16 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5026 battles
  • [7C]

Before I ask, I want to preface this by saying that this is a genuine question, not sarcasm or a joke in any way shape or form. Also, wall of text inbound.

Do you guys still care about the game itself or do you constantly just try and figure out different ways to pull money in? I know you guys are a business, and you need to have premiums and such to pull in a proper amount of income, but I feel like you guys are focusing more on that then you are on the actual game itself and its becoming disheartening.

I love the game. It is frustrating at times, and im not the best player out there, but I do like to actually play the game.

I have a second question.

Do you?

Do you love the game as much as the people playing it do? Because from our, or at least my, point of view, it seems like all you are interested in right now is wringing out peoples pockets as much as possible. Ill try and outline some of the issues that I have.

First and foremost is tank balancing. I know this version of tanks is different from PC, but why do the tanks have to be changed so drastically? A lot of the people who play this game came FROM pc. At least I did, and I have noticed that some of the tanks on here are absolute husks of their former selves compared to what is on PC. I feel like in an effort to make tanks that are considered OP on PC more user friendly on console, you are changing them way too drastically. The OBJ. 279E is a good example of this. That tank is near god like levels on PC. Its able to head on, side scrape and go hull down with near immunity. Its the definition of over powered, but on console? I would rather play the 705A instead. It feels like its got better armor and definitely a better gun. The 279E was nerfed too hard during the transition to console. Yes, it was easier to get on console than it was on PC, but still... Another example is the Italian tanks. They arent even considered OP on PC, they are decent and people actually really like to play them, but on console? I rarely see any of them outside of the premium, and even that is rare. I could go on and on about this, and its all likely stuff you have already heard before.

Second issue I have is the lack of actual content outside of new premium tanks. Again, something that is brought up quite often on the forums. It has been forever since we have even gotten a proper new map, not to mention the last new tank line that we actually got, and im sure no one wants a new tank line because its going to be absolute garbage compared to what PC has. I am honestly scared to see what sort of changes are made to things like the wheeled french light tanks, or the swedish mediums. Hell, I can only imagine what you guys will do to the double barreled heavies for the Russians! Even some of the new maps that we have gotten are just remodels of previous ones that we already have. Why cant you guys make console exclusive ORIGINAL maps? You have to have some people with ideas in their heads for this sort of thing right? Why is it that you claim we are different than PC, and yet we just seem to get lower quality stuff than they get months after they get it? Can you guys not collaborate with the people on PC to get ideas from them?

The third issue I have is the absolute black hole we have in the forums that is called 'communication.' I understand that the community can be harsh, but at the same time, just leaving the rest of us in the dark when it comes to stuff that is getting worked on is not the right way to do things. The relationship between you guys and us is just like any other relationship. Its based on communication and trust, both of which everyone is running low on. Communication isnt nonexistent, MaxChaos and Rai do talk to us in some instances, but at the same time, they only seem to answer small issues, not the larger ones that are high up on the list of peoples concerns. If I can produce a bit of an idea? Maybe once a month, you guys produce a news post outlining some things that you guys are planning for the future. You dont even have to give dates for things, just...bring us into the loop a bit so we arent just left sitting on our thumbs and wondering what the heck is going on with the game. I have seen games die in the past due to lack of communication from the devs. I dont want this to be one of them.

Fourth issue is, again, the lack of proper tank balancing and issues with the matchmaker. You guys need to put more focus on balancing tanks properly. You cannot just look at statistics and see the issues from there, you need to take in information from the community as well. I dont mean things like "Oh my god this tank is so overpowered!" or "This tank was nerfed too hard!" I mean watch for the detailed posts and such about different tanks. Watch youtube videos from your community about tanks, and then actually play the tanks yourself to see if they are running properly. Worse comes to worse, open up a test server! There are a tons of games that use test servers and it does EXTREMELY  well for them (Eve online is a good example) I would gladly join in on a test server if I felt like my feed back was being listened to and actually acknowledged. Whether its implemented in the game or not, I wouldnt care as long as I felt like you guys were listening. Matchmaker is another issue. One that admittedly I have no idea on how to fix. I had a game last night where the enemy team had all tier 10 tanks, and my team ended up with three tier 9's. I fail to see how the matchmaker thought this was the proper way to set up the teams. Also, games where you have five people in a platoon? PLEASE take away the ability to let them select all five of the same tank.

Now then, those are the issues, now how do we fix them?

Well, as for tank balancing, the test server idea is one way but in my opinion, the absolute best way is to actually take in the intelligent ideas that some people have within the community. Despite the amount of idiots that we have (Every forum has them) there are a lot of people who actually do care, and have good ideas that you guys should go with. I dont think im one of them. Im not good at coding and im not the best player, so im not sure how much weight any ideas I have might carry, but I like to think that I know some things that might help (Correct the side armor on the 279E for one thing. Rounds go through it like the armor doesnt exist.) As for the matchmaker, im not sure how to help there. I dont do coding, so I have to trust that you guys will actually take care of it. I know its hard to balance that sort of thing.

I will end this post here, sorry for the long read, but im starting to wonder.

Do you guys care about the game anymore? Or are the people who think you are here to get a quick buck right?
There are people that play the game and really do love the game for what it is. Im one of them, and I hope that things will get better.

Do you?

Edited by Master Raigoth, 15 January 2020 - 05:17 AM.

MaxAmmo10562 #2 Posted 15 January 2020 - 05:48 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 30496 battles
  • [239G]
Great post OP +1, I hope they read it and take some of your concerns to heart.  

Vampire_Izumi #3 Posted 15 January 2020 - 05:49 AM

Major

• Players
  • 28210 battles
funny thing about the object 279 (E) they did not touch the armor, only the gun and mobility

A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:

OoskumDooger #4 Posted 15 January 2020 - 05:56 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 26300 battles
Great post

Check out my YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAQaOLEzXjYaPvgs6SdXYFg

XEboi #5 Posted 15 January 2020 - 06:45 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 23324 battles
Yup couldn't agree more

Fizzmann90 #6 Posted 15 January 2020 - 07:14 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11825 battles
  • [N7]

Great post. I have been thinking about writing a similar post, but you summarized my thoughts quite well. It really seems like the devs dont care anymore... Which is rather sad, cause WoT is a great game, only with poor leadership and development in the last couple of years. 

Meh..

motor sw #7 Posted 15 January 2020 - 07:24 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15241 battles
  • [STRV]

I agree with OP. The devs need to get their act together and fast (not that I´m holding my breath).

But regarding the maps, I think Kasserine, Caen (and 1944), Nomonhan, Dukla Pass, Heilbronn, Thiepeval Ridge (and 1944) and Raseiniai are console exclusive maps, and these are not the best maps. I really would like to see all the PC HD and reworked maps coming here. We are missing quite the few maps in that regard.

karpiu211 #8 Posted 15 January 2020 - 07:33 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24362 battles
Only thing they care is to make more prems and take our money. I stoped playing right now and waiting to see if next gen consoles will change anything. I think they are very bad developers. Lets see how BF5 or new COD looks like on consoles, 64 player games, giantic maps, and WG is saying they reached our consoles limit. I belive they mean X360, cause I cannt imagine That Xbox One X cannot render more elemnets. This is [edited]

KadinhPS #9 Posted 15 January 2020 - 07:39 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 36415 battles
  • [KISTE]
I'm sorry, but deep in your heart you know the answer.

XEboi #10 Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:43 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 23324 battles

View Postkarpiu211, on 15 January 2020 - 07:33 AM, said:

Only thing they care is to make more prems and take our money. I stoped playing right now and waiting to see if next gen consoles will change anything. I think they are very bad developers. Lets see how BF5 or new COD looks like on consoles, 64 player games, giantic maps, and WG is saying they reached our consoles limit. I belive they mean X360, cause I cannt imagine That Xbox One X cannot render more elemnets. This is [edited]

& this 

Master Raigoth #11 Posted 15 January 2020 - 02:09 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5026 battles
  • [7C]

View PostVampire_Izumi, on 15 January 2020 - 05:49 AM, said:

funny thing about the object 279 (E) they did not touch the armor, only the gun and mobility

It feels like it is lower than on PC for some reason. At least on PC you feel like you can side scrape comfortably, on console? Nope, your sides are made of wet 1 ply toilet paper.

Master Raigoth #12 Posted 15 January 2020 - 02:13 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5026 battles
  • [7C]

I agree. Im waiting for them to bring in the frontline game mode. At least I think thats what its called.

For those who dont know the mode im talking about, its a giant game with I think 30 people on each side. One side is defending the other is attacking. There are 9 areas the size of normal maps in the game and when you spawn you can pick one of three. The attackers are trying to take over three of these squares at a time and when one is taken they then move onto the next one. Once they get two in a certain section, they then have to attack a giant pillbox. Kill all three of those and they win. 

Its a simple explanation, but its really a lot of fun. Oh, and you can respawn as well. 

Vampire_Izumi #13 Posted 15 January 2020 - 02:42 PM

Major

• Players
  • 28210 battles

View PostMaster Raigoth, on 15 January 2020 - 11:09 PM, said:

It feels like it is lower than on PC for some reason. At least on PC you feel like you can side scrape comfortably, on console? Nope, your sides are made of wet 1 ply toilet paper.

checked PC armor VS console and it looks like the side armor is different. its weird the upper part that  is flat was buffed on console by 10mms (130>140mm). but under neath that a part of armor was nerfed from 130mms> 100mms. you will see what i mean if you compare in game to this: https://tanks.gg/tank/obj-279-e/model the cupolas were also slightly buffed from 210>230mms .  the  frontal hull cheeks near the turret on the side at the highest (green) were also nerfed from 120mm/110mm mixed to 110mm completely. 

the sides did lose a big chunk of armor though. funny enough it was the armor protecting the ammorack.

Edited by Vampire_Izumi, 15 January 2020 - 02:44 PM.

A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:

CatSnipah #14 Posted 15 January 2020 - 02:46 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27677 battles
  • [BNKR]

Excellent post. 

Regardless of what words we hear (and it'll be a BIG surprise if anyone from WG responds),  their actions tell us the truth.

They are in money grab mode. They don't give a rat's spit about the player base, outside of how much money players will spend. 

It has become an anti-player mentality. 

Master Raigoth #15 Posted 15 January 2020 - 02:54 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5026 battles
  • [7C]

View PostVampire_Izumi, on 15 January 2020 - 02:42 PM, said:

checked PC armor VS console and it looks like the side armor is different. its weird the upper part that  is flat was buffed on console by 10mms (130>140mm). but under neath that a part of armor was nerfed from 130mms> 100mms. you will see what i mean if you compare in game to this: https://tanks.gg/tank/obj-279-e/model the cupolas were also slightly buffed from 210>230mms .  the  frontal hull cheeks near the turret on the side at the highest (green) were also nerfed from 120mm/110mm mixed to 110mm completely. 

the sides did lose a big chunk of armor though. funny enough it was the armor protecting the ammorack.

Honestly, all they did was seemingly make it like a worse IS-7

Fearless2997 #16 Posted 15 January 2020 - 04:49 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30673 battles
Well written op , i to care about this game its the only one i play but alas i would be very suprised it you get any response to those very good points you made from anyone at wg

Cobravert #17 Posted 15 January 2020 - 04:59 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27520 battles
  • [WPLAC]

choppermeir #18 Posted 15 January 2020 - 06:01 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 10282 battles
  • [FILTH]

a bit off topic but if the Dice Devs keep going how they're going there won't be any players on bfV when the next gen console arrives
Streaming over on http://www.twitch.tv/choppermeir 

BURF TURKEY #19 Posted 15 January 2020 - 06:43 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21757 battles
I couldn't agree more. What's that I hear.....oh ya crickets.

Robs Headache #20 Posted 15 January 2020 - 07:51 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14900 battles
  • [RETRO]
+1, well written post, unfortunately I do not think there will be any response 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users