Is this game worth coming back to?

Gameplay Balance Status Player Population Server Population

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

redshadowrider #21 Posted 16 January 2020 - 01:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37972 battles
I will leave the fact that I quit in frustration after 6 years this week as my input on whether you should play or not.  

Edited by redshadowrider, 16 January 2020 - 01:34 PM.

I'm just saying.....

tokyobatman #22 Posted 16 January 2020 - 02:16 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13142 battles
  • [NOPE]

I would agree the MM needs help, we could use some new maps and that T6-T7 are the best tiers to play right now.  Last year was great with all the rewards for playing ops.  However, this year it has been a little more frustrating with the new ops.They are turning out new premiums almost every other week, but as I said before that is not a bad thing.  There are players that will spend their money on them and it helps keep the game going.  It is a business as soooo many people forget.  If you do not like the premium tank, then don't buy it; however, if you like them and want to spend your money go for it. It keeps other players and myself from having to spend money.. :)

I do not believe it has become so bad as to leave the game for me.  I am hoping that better changes come in 2020.  Just like last year was soooo much better than 2018..  I play on PS4 and have not had an issue with getting into a game, but MM can be crazy at times.  I think the game is still worth playing or coming back too..  You just have to remember it's a game and enjoy it...

MilitaryGoose05 #23 Posted 16 January 2020 - 02:22 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14420 battles

First game of the day, MM put 9 tip tier heavies on red, and 1 top tier heavy on green. We got smashed.

This is pretty much how the game is now in a hefty percentage of games. If you can cope with that, you'll have fun, if it drives you mad, you'll not.

MilitaryGoose05 #24 Posted 16 January 2020 - 02:38 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14420 battles

Hmm, games two and three also had massive discrepencies in the numbers of heavies on each team.

Getting 5 wins, let alone surviving, is gonna be a joke today.

PumpkinEcobar #25 Posted 16 January 2020 - 03:06 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15772 battles
I'm less than a month back from a 2 month break and I'm ready to take another. It's just the same ole game. Bad map rotation, good games ruined by arty from across the map, bad games ruined by arty across the map, streaky RNG, mouth breather teams not helping out, I could go on and on.

And to top it off I feel like communication has completely shut off. The only news we get is what tanks are for sale. You have to dig through the forum just to find info for the new 3 month op. We don't even know if this 3 month op leads to a year long op.

Same ole B S.  

Cobravert #26 Posted 16 January 2020 - 03:13 PM

Major

• Players
  • 28180 battles
  • [WPLAC]

View PostLORD DEATHv11, on 16 January 2020 - 12:55 AM, said:

So I used to be an avid player of WoT console for a long time dedicating weeks if not months of playtime on here. My entire American tech tree is tier 10 with a healthy progress down the British tank line. I used to spend a lot of my time with my old tank buddies on this game. Since then, they've moved on to other games. I haven't played WoT seriously for about two years now. I'm thinking about getting some XBL to give this game a go and to possibly start up on World of Warships Legends. Would anybody here like to pitch in? How's this game faring? Is the server population steady or in dangerous decline? How's the overall play experience? Have the matches gotten shorter due to an unskilled player base? Thanks to anybody who replies.

Compared to 2 years ago, things aren't really changed, but not better either.

I just came back from a 4 month hiatus because I was just burned out on the way match making literally throws teams together with little to no actual rational thought.

All I can say is that so far I'm ok. The game isn't any different than when I walked away a few months ago. I just care less.

I think that's the biggest factor that makes any difference.

I'd probably not play anymore and walk away for good if I really cared about;

-the current ops

-being under tiered so frequently, and/or being the smallest tanks in the game somewhat regularly

-the steam roll games that you can see coming at the very start of the game because of HUGELY disproportionate numbers of Heavies, platoons, and uneven numbers of high tier to low tier tanks per team

-how many lights there seem to be every game, especially since you can be -2 to them in inferior, slow, unable to defend themselves tanks

-the amount of premium tanks (aka: known to be the most op tanks) that seem to be used all the time (and yes, I am guilty of doing this as well. You almost have to to be able to compete at times)

-and several other, never attended to issues

I do not spend any more money on this game, and just play it wit ha friend that really only plays this game. I do my best, but I just don't care as much how things go because we literally have no say or ability to make things better. We can only do in game what we can with the circumstances we are given, which many times are just unbelievable. It can still be fun, but it doesn't seem to be fun nearly as much as it used to be. When the fun is just not there (RNG decided that it's not your turn to have fun), then it's just better to walk away than to try to make what you have no say nor control over happen.

Rusted Rails #27 Posted 16 January 2020 - 03:55 PM

Major

• Players
  • 13179 battles
I didn't play in 2019 except for the last 2 weeks.  I play for fun and wins.now  Nothing else really matters. 7/10

CatSnipah #28 Posted 16 January 2020 - 05:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27805 battles
  • [BNKR]

View Posttokyobatman, on 16 January 2020 - 02:16 PM, said:

I am hoping that better changes come in 2020.  

There's an old saying about "hope". I'll provide the PG version here...

Put your hope in one hand and take a poo in the other. Tell me which one fills up first. 

In other words, "hope" is not a strategy. Only action makes things happen. 

ABAOUIA #29 Posted 16 January 2020 - 05:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 47582 battles
  • [ASYLM]
Yes come back play a while and make up your own verdict...

I have NO problems playing tier 8th and do NOT get dragged into tier X matches that much at all...

Might be the hours I play and it might be the EU server I play, NO clue, but I read about it a lot and are always wondering if those players are NA players...

Same goes for arty, the EU server has way less arty players imo...

Sure MM has it's problems, wich make teams unbalanced, but I don't have much problems winning and so getting my X2's done...

So Yeah I still love this game, why wouldn't you op ?

supermuis68 #30 Posted 16 January 2020 - 06:14 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23645 battles

View Postkarpiu211, on 16 January 2020 - 11:09 AM, said:

No. Let this game die.

:medal::medal::medal::bush:WG DIE :bush:DEVS DIE:teethhappy::teethhappy:

duc888sps #31 Posted 16 January 2020 - 06:40 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25342 battles

View PostEvil Lumberjack, on 16 January 2020 - 06:19 AM, said:

No.

View PostvVMr GoodCatVv, on 16 January 2020 - 09:35 AM, said:

No.

View Postkarpiu211, on 16 January 2020 - 11:09 AM, said:

No. Let this game die.

View PostCatSnipah, on 16 January 2020 - 11:35 AM, said:

What they said. 

It was certainly on a downward trend, overall, but 2020 has proven that it is truly in a position where even the people in charge of the game direction don’t want to be bothered with it - or the players - anymore. 

View Postmr_rainmaker777, on 16 January 2020 - 01:13 PM, said:

nope....  :popcorn:

View Postsupermuis68, on 16 January 2020 - 06:14 PM, said:

:medal::medal::medal::bush:WG DIE :bush:DEVS DIE:teethhappy::teethhappy:

No.

I've just downloaded Goat Simulator.

...and the meek shall inherit the earth...

JatemKaa #32 Posted 16 January 2020 - 09:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 62379 battles

View PostEvil Lumberjack, on 16 January 2020 - 12:19 AM, said:

No.

Pretty much this. They are doing nothing to make it worthwhile to return - definitely not worth $9.99 a month for xbox live just to play this game. Just when you get an itching to play tanks do War Stories or Proving Grounds - that will fix that - for free.

DertyChewbacca #33 Posted 17 January 2020 - 12:21 AM

Major

• Players
  • 8897 battles

View PostFinlandRed, on 16 January 2020 - 07:21 AM, said:

ArKenemyxX is right. Mid tiers are the sweet spot. Tier X is a dumpster fire of massive stupid with the added bonus that you'll see it a lot playing Tier VIIIs. Especially true late at night. My Turtle is in Tier X games A LOT.

Overall I'd treat WoT like an old girlfriend where you remember the good times as being super fun but it ended naturally with no recriminations.

Don't hook up with her again - it'll spoil those memories. That pretty girl you remember is now a homeless meth addled hoe turning premium tricks reskins on the corner to try and keep the shrinking number of punters coming back.

Damn, this hits close to home. No OP, it's not worth coming back. WGCB made their bed, let them lie in it

Pit Friend #34 Posted 17 January 2020 - 01:26 AM

Major

• Players
  • 34495 battles
  • [PTATO]
After spending the evening trying to do the “I Will Sufvive” Op only to either be on a team that completely folds in under 3 minutes or else I get focused on by artillery every game until I die I’m going to have to add my answer to the pile.

No.

I don’t know how to act my age! I’ve never been this old before!

STUART SHERMAN #35 Posted 17 January 2020 - 01:48 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 42098 battles
  • [FLT]

This is a question we all answer ourselves.
I found M4 Improved has been fun lately and I’ve been liking Skopion G as well.
Tiers V to VIII are my most played and no I’m not always low tier with VIIIs. 

For me the answer is yes. 

"Stop it with all the negative waves..."    Oddball

Brother Run #36 Posted 17 January 2020 - 01:50 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24827 battles
  • [FEN1X]
the player base has become ridiculously bad and very low game IQ.  the MM is frequently very lopsided due to tank composition/top tier tanker skill.  throw some music on and shoot some tanks.  the ops/events give premium and gold and lots of boosts.

I recommend you avoid game chat as well

XMAN530 #37 Posted 17 January 2020 - 01:54 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 56828 battles

View Postduc888sps, on 16 January 2020 - 06:40 PM, said:

No.

I've just downloaded Goat Simulator.

Now that’s funny

TDECK1 #38 Posted 17 January 2020 - 02:22 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 46542 battles

View PostLORD DEATHv11, on 16 January 2020 - 05:55 AM, said:

So I used to be an avid player of WoT console for a long time dedicating weeks if not months of playtime on here. My entire American tech tree is tier 10 with a healthy progress down the British tank line. I used to spend a lot of my time with my old tank buddies on this game. Since then, they've moved on to other games. I haven't played WoT seriously for about two years now. I'm thinking about getting some XBL to give this game a go and to possibly start up on World of Warships Legends. Would anybody here like to pitch in? How's this game faring? Is the server population steady or in dangerous decline? How's the overall play experience? Have the matches gotten shorter due to an unskilled player base? Thanks to anybody who replies.

Yes it is if you happen to love massive amounts of lag. If lag is your cup of tea you will be blown away!

Silent D95 #39 Posted 17 January 2020 - 02:29 AM

Major

• Players
  • 30786 battles
  • [KMD]

I got dragged back into the game after 4 months away, if you don't have the urge to, absolutely not.

Best way to describe it is like a bad addiction.

Silent Senpai/Raj's Waifu/PC Master Race/Homura Did Nothing Wrong/Secret Uni/Purveyor of Nep/The Lewd Mage/Pleb/His Royal Lurkness The First/Sarcasm Dispenser/Dragon and Science's waifu/Destroyer of Threads/Masochist/Japanese Warship Player/Lord of the Death Star/Neko/Messiah of Beards/Lover of Lace and Czech Tanks/RP Fan/Lewd Platoon Member/Shogunate of Destruction/Phantom/Shortcake/Sith Lord/Amateur Writer of Satire/Crazy Dutch-German Tanker/Mortal Enemy of Arty.(Templar Silent) "UNLIKE YOU I'M A [edited] PHOENIX , I WILL RISE FROM THE [edited] ASHES TO PUT YOU IN THE [edited] DIRT!!- Vegeta. "Juvenes erant Sparte muros el hastes fines eius." 

R2D2smokes #40 Posted 17 January 2020 - 03:29 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15528 battles
Seriously don't bother.  The game absolutely sucks the life out of you.  

Also tagged with Gameplay, Balance, Status, Player Population, Server Population

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users