• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Mr Hecklez #61 Posted 18 January 2020 - 06:29 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 25049 battles
  • [JUSME]

View PostThermalStone, on 17 January 2020 - 05:46 PM, said:

You've come to the wrong place to ask that question.  The forums used to be a place where players asked and dispensed useful advice.  Those players have mostly been driven out by a dedicated group of haters and whiners.  Just ignore the first three pages or so of semi literate grunting you received in reply.

The game itself is fine.  Is the game in slow decline?  Probably.  It is 6 years old on console.  Is it in a death spiral.  No.

The core gameplay is pretty much the same as it has always been.  All the issues in this thread that people have mentioned: matchmaking, bad teammates, blowout games, map rotation, arty and so on were around two years ago when you say you enjoyed the game.  Not much has been done around these issues, although WG has been testing +/-1 matchmaking and reduced RNG for pen and damage in frequent events.

The big change has been Mercenary tanks.  These are frankentanks made of parts from different nations that are earned through contracts.  The ahistorical nature and Xtreme! attitude of the merc tanks and crews turned many players off initially, including myself (although many of the Merc tanks are actually based on real life tanks, like the Bosnian T55 chassis with a Hellcat turret mounted on it.)  I came to accept that merc tanks and their contracts were the best addition to the game in years.  The contracts gave us new challenges and goals, as well as a way to farm premium time.  If the aesthetics bother you, do what I do: slap on some emblems and a national flag and pretend they are tech tree tanks.

I took two years off from the game as well.  Complications in my personal life (children) made it difficult to find the time or energy to tank.  I came back becsuse I wanted to play a competitive game again and I had already invested so much time building up my tanking skill and garage.  It also helped that a handful of friends were still playing.  My advice:  give it a try for a week or two and decide for yourself if you still enjoy the game.

Game is 6 years old. So? Out of curiosity, does anyone know how old that COD game is?

Non Vi Sed Arte.

I could play the oboe

or tanks

DertyChewbacca #62 Posted 18 January 2020 - 06:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 8897 battles

View PostToxicBullbog, on 18 January 2020 - 12:10 PM, said:

Really? I was talking about how i'd rather play PC WoT on next gen than this pile of excrement.

Maybe once WGCB has ran this game into the ground, WG will give us console players some sort of offer to come play PC without having to start from scratch.

panthermark #63 Posted 18 January 2020 - 07:47 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13690 battles
Game is dead.   I about out of premium time and I don’t play much anymore anyway.  Do something else.

3 MOE's: VK 30.01D (VI), T-34 (V), M-24 Chaffee (V)

2 MOE's: Indien-Panzer (VIII), T-20 (VII), Cromwell B (VI), Snakebite (VI), T-37 (VI), M4 Sherman w/Derp (V), VK 16.02 Leopard (V)

SandM9 #64 Posted 18 January 2020 - 08:28 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 33615 battles

View Postduc888sps, on 18 January 2020 - 11:11 AM, said:

Does anyone else see the contradiction in this statement?

The whole post suffers from whiplash.

"Let me tell you how everything is fine while listing the things that aren't fine."

Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

JatemKaa #65 Posted 18 January 2020 - 08:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 62379 battles

View PostFlukierKey L636, on 17 January 2020 - 06:56 PM, said:

No, you can buy for a year 80$.

Right now, the game isn't worth the $6.67 a month the yearly rate makes it out to.

matematicalone #66 Posted 18 January 2020 - 09:44 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 3448 battles

View PostJatemKaa, on 18 January 2020 - 09:37 PM, said:

Right now, the game isn't worth the $6.67 a month the yearly rate makes it out to.

Luckily PS4 players can play it for 0$. Free should be free.

ElderTigerJedi #67 Posted 18 January 2020 - 09:55 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22576 battles
  • [1CAB]
I enjoy the game for fun and a great stress reliever too. I enjoy playing with my clan mates as they are all good blokes. 
just fire it up and give it a crack, hopefully you will rekindle your previous enjoyment of the game 

duc888sps #68 Posted 19 January 2020 - 04:15 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25342 battles

View PostXMAN530, on 17 January 2020 - 01:54 AM, said:

Now that’s funny

Not as funny as actually playing it, lick people, fireworks and bounce off bouncy castles etc etc

Utter madness in the daftest way possible. Highly recommended, for at least five minutes .....

...and the meek shall inherit the earth...

kromhout55 #69 Posted 19 January 2020 - 05:10 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34937 battles

View PostR2D2smokes, on 17 January 2020 - 03:29 AM, said:

Seriously don't bother.  The game absolutely sucks the life out of you.  

For me WoTs console went from being an enjoyable/fun experience to just a blood pressure rising thing.

Mainly with the way WoTs console was treating it's player base, ignoring issues that needed addressing (MM & RNG) urgently, instead just trying to fleece it's players. Whilst giving them the middle finger salute.

Came back for just over an hour at the beginning of the New Year, not one win, the usual unbalanced steam roller defeats still a too common experience for me.

So,  a very big "NO" from moi, I'm enjoying the game my grandson got me into (Fallout 4) too much to put up with the kack WoTs console is still throwing at it's customers.

But all the best out there on the battle field to those still playing.

XT356 #70 Posted 19 January 2020 - 05:23 AM

Major

• Players
  • 10898 battles
  • [DAWAI]

A FIRM MAYBE.

At this point, it can go both ways at once.

“Greatness is a transitory experience. It is never consistent. It depends in part upon the myth-making imagination of humankind. The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in. He must reflect what is projected upon him. And he must have a strong sense of the sardonic. This is what uncouples him from belief in his own pretensions. The sardonic is all that permits him to move within himself. Without this quality, even occasional greatness will destroy a man.”

CHAPPA74 #71 Posted 19 January 2020 - 11:32 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24728 battles

View PostFinlandRed, on 16 January 2020 - 11:21 AM, said:

ArKenemyxX is right. Mid tiers are the sweet spot. Tier X is a dumpster fire of massive stupid with the added bonus that you'll see it a lot playing Tier VIIIs. Especially true late at night. My Turtle is in Tier X games A LOT.

Overall I'd treat WoT like an old girlfriend where you remember the good times as being super fun but it ended naturally with no recriminations.

Don't hook up with her again - it'll spoil those memories. That pretty girl you remember is now a homeless meth addled hoe turning premium tricks reskins on the corner to try and keep the shrinking number of punters coming back.

:D

Warsteiner 1 #72 Posted 19 January 2020 - 11:50 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 41622 battles
  • [C-X-L]
If you enjoy being 2 tiers down with more frequency, there's no better time than now to start playing again !

UTU2TM #73 Posted 19 January 2020 - 01:00 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 44621 battles
  • [BEARD]

I took over 1.5 years off, and now only play a few matches and move on.

It took way too long for me to get tired of WoT's grind. I get the whole "git gud" utterance, but I'm only a middling talent player, and grinding silver for silvers sake just isn't enjoyable (for me).

I'll play another game, and the developers want you to experience everything in the game, so they aren't stingy. They don't want their game to feel grindy, so you are rewarded with ingame assets so that you can experience the game.

WoT for me, is best played for a few matches, and as soon as it begins to feel like labor I move on to other games.

I played a little while this morning, my xbox is wired, but I still got rubber banding, even though it said that 3,000 were on the server, I was in a few 7v7 matches. It's the EU server, so you take out your usual AFK'ers and back o' the map heavies, it's 2v2, because you also have arty.

So my experience, coming back for a few matches after a layoff is that it's the same as it ever was. Same as it ever was. Same as it ever as.

GroomingChief65 #74 Posted 19 January 2020 - 01:33 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10524 battles

Probably depends upon why the OP left in the first place. If it was because your friends moved on to other games and haven't come back I doubt you'll want to stick around soloing for very long.  If you're like me and prefer the challenge of playing solo I think the game  still has a lot to offer, it is frustrating sometimes but I enjoy it. 

On the other side of the spectrum some folks are all about jumping from one new tank to the next, and they don't seem too pleased. If they spent a ton of time grinding and / or buying premium tanks I get the impression the game has let them down lately. In the end it's free to play, it's a great game that's why all of us have spent a whole lot of time playing it at some point.

Also tagged with Gameplay, Balance, Status, Player Population, Server Population

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users