Crew training? swap fully trained skills with perks first.

crew training perks skills

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

N6X507 #1 Posted 16 January 2020 - 11:45 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 954 battles

When training your crews, it is universally agreed you need to have Sixth Sense. However, Sixth Sense is a perk, not a skill.

Therefore, until you get to 100%, you see no change.

One recommendation, is to train instead something that will have an immediate effect as its percent increases; repairs used to be the favorite one, but you could also go for anything that would benefit the tank you are playing. Personally, I favor Camouflage on my light tanks, or Situational Awareness.

Once you get to 100%, swap it with Sixth Sense for 10 Gold.

Do the same for Brother in Arms, which is the second best useful perk.

But don't stop there; if there are other perks that would benefit a particular tank, I would suggest that you get them rather earlier than later. Since we know the required XP increases as your crew acquires more skills/perks, then I would select the perks that are important, and get them early, still using the swap function.

For example, my B-C 25t AP and 25t benefit from Muffled Shot and Silent Driving.

Therefore, right after I get 6S and BiA, I continue training SA (for example), and swap for Silent Driving. Train SA again, and swap with Muffled shot. Then Green Thumb.

After that, I am done. I don't much care for the non proactive skills or perks, such as track mechanic that only helps when you get tracked.

I go first with anything that works all the time.

Edited by N6X507, 17 January 2020 - 04:20 PM.

Very Classy #2 Posted 17 January 2020 - 12:29 AM

Major

• Players
  • 33918 battles
  • [JOCO]
Well, this would be a good time to talk maths... and Mentor skill.

There is literally an Xbox 360 in a museum, and this is the best joke you can come up with?
                                                                                         -- allhavoc

BlahCarnivore6 #3 Posted 17 January 2020 - 09:15 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10920 battles
  • [HMBWT]

View PostVery Classy, on 17 January 2020 - 12:29 AM, said:

Please, no Mentor thread and the maths for and against it. Might have to ask someone on here to buy you an M4 Improved or whatever the new gift challenge tank is :)

IBROX 04 #4 Posted 17 January 2020 - 01:04 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21013 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostVery Classy, on 17 January 2020 - 12:29 AM, said:

Jesus Christ don't mention mentor. 

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

N6X507 #5 Posted 17 January 2020 - 04:31 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 954 battles

I personally use mentor on all my crews. Its not based on math. I used my own research and long term testing.

Here's how I did it;

I take a specific premium tank, and I play it in a controlled environment;

I play 10 battles, where my goal is to make 2000 damage in each of them. Depending on detection and destruction, assist damage, I get a specific amount of Xp, always the same, give or take 50 Xp.

I check the training progression after 10 battles, and I compare with crew without mentor.

Once I have done the first 4, I carry on the testing for the next 8. And so on and so forth.

I have established a grid with all the data farmed. And I have taken my decision. The research was conducted spending months long of playing hours in training ground.

I ignored any of the simulations available.

What you do with mentor or not is your own decision. And I am not going to influence anybody one way or the other.

Also tagged with crew training, perks, skills

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users