Does the continuous litany of complaints influence your perception or desire to play WoT?

nag complaints influencing negative rants

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

N6X507-p #1 Posted 18 January 2020 - 02:44 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 973 battles
  • [AMXS]

I am what they call a happy camper, or goody two shoes, bubble personality was a description one of my manager used.

I come and read the World of Tanks forum every day, like everyone of you here...

I was wondering if the discovery of what is wrong with World of Tanks affects you, or your need to play? you know, when you live with someone who is continuously unhappy, it does get to you, even if you are a positive thinking person.

Sifting through the threads in General Discussion, I see a lot of unhappy players. Justified or not, that is not my point.

I am not here to criticize anybody for what they resent or like.

But it brings back the memory of these heavy predictions, the end of World of Tanks, the predicament, the black screen.

I keep playing, unaffected and unbiased by anything I read, but I was thinking, for a new player that comes here, untouched, virgin, unbiased, it may be too much information?

Does it get to you too?

RaunchyWallaby-x #2 Posted 18 January 2020 - 03:27 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10216 battles
  • [SKB]
I read and respect the opinions of others, but little do I let said opinions influence my own. I have my own personal reservations about this game that are slowly killing my will to play it.

milesizdead-x #3 Posted 18 January 2020 - 03:29 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 22586 battles

It is always easier to complain than to express your happiness. So the forums tend to tip towards negativity. Imo most of the complaints are of minor things, not game breaking issues. 

I don’t care about the negativity, I’ve played a lot of multiplayers, and I’ve come across nothing that is close to WoT in balance, rng or player base. For me the lack of respawning raises this game over the bar that yolo friendly FPSs have set. I’ll keep on tanking thanks :)

millomborn-p #4 Posted 18 January 2020 - 03:50 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 10069 battles
I was thinking about this earlier. Been playing off and on for three years. The forum was a great help when i started advice etc. I don't  often come on here much mostly because of time and feeling i have little to offer. So ive started to pop on now and again... See whats going on and see if i can offer any encouragement. I like the game... I wouldn't play it otherwise. I was struck a little by the negativity in the newcomers area... Not directed at an individual... Well maybe around their comments on early tier tanks... You know.. A newbie commenting on their struggles with say the M3 Lee... But their mastering it now... To be told its rubbish etc. It maybe... But its a passage everyones got to take.... And let someone be happy with their accomplishments!... But also just a general negativity.... I understand people want to complain but not in the newcomers area.... Should be a place of encouragement. If i dont like a tank i dont play it. If my favorite tank gets 'nerfed' i cope with it. If my team looses i look to my part in that. What were my decisions?..... So yes N6X507 i do worry about what the newcomer is faced with when they come in happy chatting about a great battle they had with an M3 stuart only to be told its a useless tank... Paper armour etc... Its not good. 

ATHFjman18-x #5 Posted 18 January 2020 - 03:54 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19229 battles
  • [JOCO]

No it doesn’t bother me. When things are going well and people are happy it usually isn’t voiced, as one typically perceives it as “This is how it should be.” So people usually don’t voice the positivity that often. 

When something is wrong and someone is not happy, that is when it is voiced. People are looking for vindication or others to commiserate with, in the hope that voicing the problem will fix the problem. 

bevenh-x #6 Posted 18 January 2020 - 03:56 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 40796 battles
All the complaints in my opinion are based in player perceptions. Most players must be seeing things that upset them and cause the complaints. All these complaints don’t just come from a few, but many many players. Yes it causes me to think differently about the game. I do believe most complaints have value. Ask yourself is WOT growing adding tons of new players?

CatSnipah-x #7 Posted 18 January 2020 - 03:56 PM

Major

• Players
  • 30879 battles
  • [BNKR]

My personal experience over the past 4-5 years is what influences me. 

it influences me to feel like I’ve had enough of this [edited]. 

bevenh-x #8 Posted 18 January 2020 - 04:10 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 40796 battles
One thing to always remember is could I have done something more positive and productive with the all time I spent playing WOT? Has it really been one huge sad waste of time. Could this regret drive some of the players complaints?

sergeant-slow741-p #9 Posted 18 January 2020 - 04:11 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 28273 battles

View PostCatSnipah, on 18 January 2020 - 07:56 AM, said:

My personal experience over the past 4-5 years is what influences me. 

it influences me to feel like I’ve had enough of this [edited]. 

I went from playing several hours every day last year to 1 game this month ..So yea the constant bitc**** of grown men is a BIG turnoff..
End of passion play, crumbling away I'm your source of self destruction. Veins that pump with fear,sucking darkest clear leading on your death's destruction. Taste me you will see more as you need dedicated to how im killing you.

GroomingChief65-x #10 Posted 18 January 2020 - 04:15 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10524 battles

There's a lot of negativity lately but I understand some of it, I mean if you believe something is fundamentally wrong with the game I think you should make it known and hopefully WG will review it.  

One of the things that nearly had me leaving the game entirely a couple of years ago was how bad the tier ten silver economy was.  What I ended up doing after I lost all of my millions in silver was contemplating what to do next. After much consideration I bought another year of premium time, set up some lofty goals there with the boilermaker and that at least kept me playing the game. 

Now I'm back up to tier ten with some new goals, I find the tier ten silver economy today seems much better than it was before and I can keep playing up here while trying to improve.  +1 to WG there, I'm not saying they listened to me but they got around to fixing something.  

IMO players should bring on the complaints when they have them but also try to be fair and give WG some credit.  This is a great game they've created and looking ahead to next gen I believe there's a lot of life left in it. 

TimMac PA-x #11 Posted 18 January 2020 - 05:24 PM

Major

• Players
  • 56030 battles
I still love the game after 5 years. It's pretty much the only game I play. 

ToxicBullbog-p #12 Posted 18 January 2020 - 05:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21360 battles

Nope, if i enjoy something i'm not thrown off by others.

I played and enjoyed Fallout 76 despite all the crap that was said about it, then they started the monthly subscription [edited].

The problem i have with tanks is that i genuinely enjoy the core mechanics, the idiots in charge ruined this game for me not the playerbases opinions.

Overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

3 MoE Tanks: 74                                Latest: Tiger I                              Greatest: TOG II

DemiGodesss #13 Posted 18 January 2020 - 05:53 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13989 battles
Not bothered at all. For every salty forumer who posts here, there are hundreds of people who enjoy the game.

RUNNINGDUDE1-x #14 Posted 18 January 2020 - 06:32 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 25884 battles
Even with the stretch of these bad teams and ops, I just keep playing on no matter what. If it gets to the point of being frustrating, I just take a nice long break.

Kaptain Proton-x #15 Posted 18 January 2020 - 06:48 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 48321 battles
  • [47R]
Nope.  Although I don’t look at the forums as much as I used to.  I have been playing for over 3 years and over 40,000 battles. I have not slowed down yet.  When tanks get nerfed or buffed I play those tanks depending on what happened to them.  I will never play more than I do now so over time it could only go down.  I do think it will be a gradual decline though. I can’t think of a situation where I no longer play it because of what someone says or what the company does to the game. 

PumpkinEcobar #16 Posted 18 January 2020 - 06:56 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16054 battles
People have been crazy on this forum for years. The sky was already falling when I started playing in 2016. I'm not as happy with this game as I once was, but let's be honest, I'm still playing the crap out of it and on the forum basically daily. But the complaints by the masses aren't the reason I get burnout.

Rusted Rails #17 Posted 18 January 2020 - 07:16 PM

Major

• Players
  • 13425 battles
Seems like there are a few hundred or so who voice their opinions on this forum, as compared to the thousands who play this game who don't voice an opinion.  Why would devs listen to the few based on those odds. Numbers and cash flow determine any meaningful changes made to this game. I play for the fun and wins, why do you play? 

RELIC x-x #18 Posted 18 January 2020 - 07:22 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 29077 battles
  • [47R]

View PostN6X507, on 18 January 2020 - 07:44 AM, said:

I am what they call a happy camper, or goody two shoes, bubble personality was a description one of my manager used.

I come and read the World of Tanks forum every day, like everyone of you here...

I was wondering if the discovery of what is wrong with World of Tanks affects you, or your need to play? you know, when you live with someone who is continuously unhappy, it does get to you, even if you are a positive thinking person.

Sifting through the threads in General Discussion, I see a lot of unhappy players. Justified or not, that is not my point.

I am not here to criticize anybody for what they resent or like.

But it brings back the memory of these heavy predictions, the end of World of Tanks, the predicament, the black screen.

I keep playing, unaffected and unbiased by anything I read, but I was thinking, for a new player that comes here, untouched, virgin, unbiased, it may be too much information?

Does it get to you too?

The angst perplexes me.  It sort of bothers me.  It makes me wonder why so many people actually take the time to post about this years carrots being oh so much smaller than last years carrots.

The game has its warts, I know, and the fact that others are bothered does rub off on me a tiny bit, but not enough to change my playing. 

Like you, I'm pretty much a happy camper.  I'm a little crusty on the outside, but usually warm and fuzzy on the inside.

scwirpeo-x #19 Posted 18 January 2020 - 08:07 PM

Major

• Players
  • 45144 battles
  • [-XGN-]

View Postbevenh, on 18 January 2020 - 09:10 AM, said:

One thing to always remember is could I have done something more positive and productive with the all time I spent playing WOT? Has it really been one huge sad waste of time. Could this regret drive some of the players complaints?

If people spend time in their life doing something they don't enjoy then they literally idiots. You live you die you rot in the dirt and no one even remembers your name once your gone. Spend the piss poor amount of time you have on earth having fun. Only fools and narcissists spend their entire life chasing "productivity". 

View PostDemiGodesss, on 18 January 2020 - 10:53 AM, said:

Not bothered at all. For every salty forumer who posts here, there are hundreds of people who enjoy the game.

In order for a company to grow it has to take in more revenue. The easiest way to do that is to make your products more expensive, this almost always backfires. The second way is to grow you customer base.

What kind of company in this day and age is dumb enough to listen to good reviews. If you have a customer who already buys your goods you can practically ignore them, it's not like they will stop giving you money in most cases. 

They are better off trying to appeal to people who don't already like the game. That's what Merc tanks were, that's what the seasonal ops were.

It's the 21st century, growth is the only factor that means anything to companies. Employee happiness, customer satisfaction, all of that is basically irrelevant. They big keys now are more revenue than last year at any cost and player engagement, not enjoyment.

Please the cry babies, grow bottom lines.

MOEs so I can pretend like they matter

Spoiler

JatemKaa-x #20 Posted 18 January 2020 - 08:33 PM

Major

• Players
  • 62379 battles
Personally, what I read here on the forums does effect what I think a little  -  but most of the time it only reinforces what I already felt from playing the game. The negativity here is exactly what I experienced when I was playing. But more than anything it is the lack of action or even caring enough to address the problems we get from WGCB that makes the biggest impression.

Also tagged with nag, complaints, influencing, negative, rants

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users