Does the continuous litany of complaints influence your perception or desire to play WoT?

nag complaints influencing negative rants

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

R35T NO MORE-x #21 Posted 18 January 2020 - 09:40 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16418 battles
  • [BNKR-]
People who think place is negative obviously haven't seen the discord. 

My WoT tank reviews

If you enjoy them please do share/sub. Thanks. 

GEToff MyLawn52-x #22 Posted 18 January 2020 - 10:40 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31152 battles

No it does not.  I am my own man.  A bunch of anonymous people on a forum does not make up my mind for me. 

What it does is sour me on my fellow man.  Considering that this forum tilts toward the older crowd I'm often surprised at how childish some of these "adults" are when they don't get the affirmation they desire or enough people don't align with their opinions.  

deadman1921-x #23 Posted 18 January 2020 - 11:05 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 31563 battles
  • [-STO-]
Forums has no influence over my decision to play or not. Unless I read on here the servers are down, then I guess it does.

Soldiers of the One

DaffierPear6-x #24 Posted 18 January 2020 - 11:12 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26854 battles
  • [1CAB]

It is extremely disappointing to see all the negativity on the Forum.  When I first got on the Forum there were heaps of posts on ideas for the game, new tanks, tech tree lines, and people who were actively helping other players with the game.

Clans were very active with recruitment threads and the guys organising the WCL were always on talking about comp play and ideas they were working on.

People came on here to research how to play and seek advice.  They came to discuss rumours of what was coming to the game in the coming weeks or months.  There was a general excitement about the game.

It's part of the reason I joined the ST program towards the end of 2017.

In ST I was lucky to work with some fantastic players who had an absolute love for the game, and I made a lot of good friends.  In the year I was in ST we tested a lot of things that sprang from ideas which started on the Forum.  Some worked and found their way into the game.  Most we found either did not work, didn't improve the game as hoped, and were pushed back to the Dev Team to look at again or were canned.

I was lucky to be involved in the testing of the Arena Tournaments idea, and at the time there was a huge push on the Forum for WG to implement Clan Wars after the successes of the WCL.

When Arena Tournaments released in game there was incredible interest and members of Clans were jumping up and down to get into events.  People wanted Tournaments with prizing, a simple way of setting up matches, and loved the way it was suppose to work.

Unfortunately due to issues with the Arena system (and that wasn't anything to do with WG, Arena was and is a Microsoft release) players and Clans became frustrated with it quickly and the whole comp play around Arena fell apart.  WG spent ages trying to find solutions from their end, but it was primarily an issue with the base product provided by Microsoft.

In my opinion THIS is when the negativity in the Forums really started.  This issue led to a lot of the positive Forum posters not getting on here and we lost a lot of good positive players too.

We need positive ideas for improvements, not ranting about issues YOU are experiencing.  We need to encourage people when they come on here, not driving them away!

CatSnipah-x #25 Posted 18 January 2020 - 11:50 PM

Major

• Players
  • 30879 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 18 January 2020 - 09:40 PM, said:

#TRUTH 

SmalltalkJava-x #26 Posted 19 January 2020 - 01:10 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 23302 battles
Pick any multiplayer game forums.    What do you predominately see?   Negativity.  Going back to the early days of EQ 1.   It was almost all negative

Mr Flak Yau-x #27 Posted 19 January 2020 - 01:38 AM

Major

• Players
  • 27562 battles

View Postdeadman1921, on 18 January 2020 - 03:05 PM, said:

Forums has no influence over my decision to play or not. Unless I read on here the servers are down, then I guess it does.

This ^^^

Warsteiner 1-x #28 Posted 19 January 2020 - 11:30 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44526 battles
  • [C-X-L]

View PostN6X507, on 18 January 2020 - 08:44 AM, said:

I am what they call a happy camper, or goody two shoes, bubble personality was a description one of my manager used.

I come and read the World of Tanks forum every day, like everyone of you here...

I was wondering if the discovery of what is wrong with World of Tanks affects you, or your need to play? you know, when you live with someone who is continuously unhappy, it does get to you, even if you are a positive thinking person.

Sifting through the threads in General Discussion, I see a lot of unhappy players. Justified or not, that is not my point.

I am not here to criticize anybody for what they resent or like.

But it brings back the memory of these heavy predictions, the end of World of Tanks, the predicament, the black screen.

I keep playing, unaffected and unbiased by anything I read, but I was thinking, for a new player that comes here, untouched, virgin, unbiased, it may be too much information?

Does it get to you too?

No .

Most of this forum is just an echo chamber for WN8 snobs . if I let the forums dictate my in game enjoyment , I would have never made it out of year 1 .

f1mitku-p #29 Posted 19 January 2020 - 12:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 54829 battles
No. The forum complaints don’t bother me. What bothers me is that these complaints actually are mostly true. And especially the trash making (a.k.a. match making) and mainly its platoon part according which e.g. a 3 man top tier platoon for the one team is OK to compensate with 3 bottom tier randoms for the other. Because you know - it’s only “if possible”. Maybe just pure random trash making will be better. :facepalm:

Don't rush me, I'm waiting for the last moment!

redshadowrider-x #30 Posted 19 January 2020 - 12:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 39732 battles
In my case, other complaints did not influence my opinion.  However, most of them provided confirmation that I was not the only one experiencing the problems indicated.  I quit because of expectations set by WG marketing types that overhyped the changes.  The only Devs that appear to remain are "reskinners."
I'm just saying.....

DrivableBeast35 #31 Posted 19 January 2020 - 05:41 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 34206 battles

View Postbevenh, on 18 January 2020 - 08:10 AM, said:

One thing to always remember is could I have done something more positive and productive with the all time I spent playing WOT? Has it really been one huge sad waste of time. Could this regret drive some of the players complaints?

It's not just the time spent. There's also the issue of money spent. When the game first started, there were lots of gamertags in this forum encouraging people to spend large sums of money to "git gud." The excuses for dumping lots of cash on the game always followed the same pattern..."it's better than spending it on hookers and booze" was a typical scripted excuse. Then, as the WG offices in various locations (Emeryville, Seattle, London, etc.) started to close up shop and those employees were let go, you saw a lot less of that "peer pressure" in this forum. Now, we live with the fallout - a lot of folks who fell for the pressure tactics and spent thousands of dollars on this game. Should they be as upset as many of them apparently are? Hard for me to say since I saw through all the nonsense from the get go and didn't spend that kind of money. I will say this though...Hopefully, they at least take away enough common sense to not make the same mistake twice.

MilitaryGoose05-x #32 Posted 19 January 2020 - 05:58 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15627 battles
We complain only because we love this game and want to see it prosper and do well.

DrivableBeast35 #33 Posted 19 January 2020 - 06:19 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 34206 battles

View PostMilitaryGoose05, on 19 January 2020 - 09:58 AM, said:

We complain only because we love this game and want to see it prosper and do well.

So true. Unfortunately, being a WoT fan is like being the parent of a teenager. You can try all you want to steer things in the right direction...but, at the end of the day, he's still gonna screw it all up.   :teethhappy:

redshadowrider-x #34 Posted 19 January 2020 - 08:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 39732 battles
And that's why I am at least reading the forum.  I still love the game, but I just can't play it in its present form.  WG spent too much time developing other sub-games, that adversely affected the multiplayer game we came here for.  Not everyone, but a substantial number, that wanted more development in the core game didn't see much.  It's just the path that WG took, which seems to have been the wrong one, still has to play out.  If new changes, maps, balancing is done I will be back,  if not, then I won't. 
I'm just saying.....

N6X507-p #35 Posted 19 January 2020 - 09:31 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 973 battles
  • [AMXS]

View Postmillomborn, on 18 January 2020 - 03:50 PM, said:

I was thinking about this earlier. Been playing off and on for three years. The forum was a great help when i started advice etc. I don't  often come on here much mostly because of time and feeling i have little to offer. So ive started to pop on now and again... See whats going on and see if i can offer any encouragement. I like the game... I wouldn't play it otherwise. I was struck a little by the negativity in the newcomers area... Not directed at an individual... Well maybe around their comments on early tier tanks... You know.. A newbie commenting on their struggles with say the M3 Lee... But their mastering it now... To be told its rubbish etc. It maybe... But its a passage everyones got to take.... And let someone be happy with their accomplishments!... But also just a general negativity.... I understand people want to complain but not in the newcomers area.... Should be a place of encouragement. If i dont like a tank i dont play it. If my favorite tank gets 'nerfed' i cope with it. If my team looses i look to my part in that. What were my decisions?..... So yes N6X507 i do worry about what the newcomer is faced with when they come in happy chatting about a great battle they had with an M3 stuart only to be told its a useless tank... Paper armour etc... Its not good. 

I once suggested to have some kind of "Learner" identification for newer players; those that have crew with zero skills, no equipment, just crawling ahead into the mid Tier.

My rationale was to exert forgiveness and try to give a chance to these guys to learn something.

However I was told that in all likelihood, putting a sign on the Learners would equate to turn them into easy preys, and it would be like the Bounty Hunting sessions. They would be targeted in first place, because WoT is not a place for philanthropists.

Lol....

N6X507-p #36 Posted 19 January 2020 - 09:35 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 973 battles
  • [AMXS]

View Postbevenh, on 18 January 2020 - 04:10 PM, said:

One thing to always remember is could I have done something more positive and productive with the all time I spent playing WOT? Has it really been one huge sad waste of time. Could this regret drive some of the players complaints?

This is a conversation that I often have with my spouse. The time spent on WoT is like wasted, instead of doing whatever else is more constructive than spending time and money on virtual battles.

My answer is: to each their own.

N6X507-p #37 Posted 19 January 2020 - 09:37 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 973 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 18 January 2020 - 09:40 PM, said:

I have heard about it. That bad huh?

N6X507-p #38 Posted 19 January 2020 - 09:39 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 973 battles
  • [AMXS]

After reading all your posts, I am glad to see that nobody is actually influenced by those that don't have enough steaks in the freezer.

I would say, it is a good thing....

GroomingChief65-x #39 Posted 19 January 2020 - 10:26 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10524 battles

View Postbevenh, on 18 January 2020 - 11:10 AM, said:

Good point, IMO it can fulfill a role in a person's life as cheap entertainment, keeping your brain / reflexes sharp and also as an escape of sorts to take your mind off of life's problems.  I realize some people have spent many thousands of dollars on the game and I could definitely see regretting that.  Spending too much actual time on the game though at the expense of your personal relationships, family obligations etc, it can be a real problem.  Time management is important in life, for me personally with working full time and being a dad if I'm playing 500 matches a month someone needs to tell me I'm playing too much. I'll play 10 or 20 when I'm doing laundry or before anyone gets up on the weekend so it isn't too disruptive. I have an obligation to actually be present and be 'human' at this stage of my life.

redshadowrider-x #40 Posted 20 January 2020 - 12:05 AM

Major

• Players
  • 39732 battles

View PostN6X507, on 19 January 2020 - 03:31 PM, said:

I once suggested to have some kind of "Learner" identification for newer players; those that have crew with zero skills, no equipment, just crawling ahead into the mid Tier.

My rationale was to exert forgiveness and try to give a chance to these guys to learn something.

However I was told that in all likelihood, putting a sign on the Learners would equate to turn them into easy preys, and it would be like the Bounty Hunting sessions. They would be targeted in first place, because WoT is not a place for philanthropists.

Lol....

A similar thought would be to balance games played of the teams.  In addition to other balancing,,,  assuming it ever gets done.  It would help to place players with similar play time.
I'm just saying.....

Also tagged with nag, complaints, influencing, negative, rants

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users