Does the continuous litany of complaints influence your perception or desire to play WoT?

nag complaints influencing negative rants

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

dragonjim64 #41 Posted 20 January 2020 - 01:17 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14952 battles

View PostDemiGodesss, on 18 January 2020 - 05:53 PM, said:

Not bothered at all. For every salty forumer who posts here, there are hundreds of people who enjoy the game.

uh NO lol they have LOST more players than stay!!! I think you and WG are deluding yourselves. At BEST there are a dozen happy people for every negative poster. I personally know of at least 20 people who have quit WG because of their absolute stupidity and total lack of talent, ability and no knowledge of numbers or their values. If they dont know numbers how can they possibly have gone to school/ have degrees?!?!? If they do know numbers they are even worse at their jobs than I thought and I dont know how that is possible since they are already the WORST at their jobs in any profession, in any era, on any planet, EVER!!! 

dragonjim64 #42 Posted 20 January 2020 - 01:40 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14952 battles

View PostDaffierPear6, on 18 January 2020 - 11:12 PM, said:

It is extremely disappointing to see all the negativity on the Forum.  When I first got on the Forum there were heaps of posts on ideas for the game, new tanks, tech tree lines, and people who were actively helping other players with the game.

Clans were very active with recruitment threads and the guys organising the WCL were always on talking about comp play and ideas they were working on.

People came on here to research how to play and seek advice.  They came to discuss rumours of what was coming to the game in the coming weeks or months.  There was a general excitement about the game.

It's part of the reason I joined the ST program towards the end of 2017.

In ST I was lucky to work with some fantastic players who had an absolute love for the game, and I made a lot of good friends.  In the year I was in ST we tested a lot of things that sprang from ideas which started on the Forum.  Some worked and found their way into the game.  Most we found either did not work, didn't improve the game as hoped, and were pushed back to the Dev Team to look at again or were canned.

I was lucky to be involved in the testing of the Arena Tournaments idea, and at the time there was a huge push on the Forum for WG to implement Clan Wars after the successes of the WCL.

When Arena Tournaments released in game there was incredible interest and members of Clans were jumping up and down to get into events.  People wanted Tournaments with prizing, a simple way of setting up matches, and loved the way it was suppose to work.

Unfortunately due to issues with the Arena system (and that wasn't anything to do with WG, Arena was and is a Microsoft release) players and Clans became frustrated with it quickly and the whole comp play around Arena fell apart.  WG spent ages trying to find solutions from their end, but it was primarily an issue with the base product provided by Microsoft.

In my opinion THIS is when the negativity in the Forums really started.  This issue led to a lot of the positive Forum posters not getting on here and we lost a lot of good positive players too.

We need positive ideas for improvements, not ranting about issues YOU are experiencing.  We need to encourage people when they come on here, not driving them away!

tell that to the empty headed morons who administer this game! they have NO desire to better themselves or the game! If they bothered to learn (I know its a stretch asking something with no brain to learn) numbers or their values they would increase the player base right there!! according to WG 40 mm of flat armor is enough to stop a 189 pen shell at 100 meters head on on!!! Several times!!! Aim to get the reticle red and shoot into the ground or have the shell bounce every time and that according to WG is a "high chance" of pen!!!
They have absolutely NO talent, ability or measurable intelligence!! 
If you want positive posts go to someplace that actually LISTENS to and CARES about their players/customers and their issues. I'm not talking about the idiotic rants about arty or the nerfing/buffing issues or even the mess multiplayer is or the ruination of War Stories and Proving grounds. The biggest complaint I heard from ex players is consistency (this comes from NO knowledge of numbers or their values, see above example), maps (they are the absolute worst), greed ($60 for a tank that gives you nothing?!?!?!? entire games that are better dont cost that much!) and total lack of improvements other than new tanks. (make premium and tier 10 tanks so that all xp earned is free xp for example)

Edited by dragonjim64, 20 January 2020 - 01:44 AM.

scwirpeo #43 Posted 20 January 2020 - 02:23 AM

Major

• Players
  • 44591 battles
  • [-XGN-]

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 18 January 2020 - 02:40 PM, said:

People who think place is negative obviously haven't seen the discord. 

I was always curious if it was bad enough to make me step back from my bucket of salt. Unfortunately, I'm too lazy to actually look up the server so I'll never know. I like to pretend it would be enough tho.

MOEs so I can pretend like they matter

Spoiler

R35T NO MORE #44 Posted 20 January 2020 - 06:10 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16413 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View PostN6X507, on 19 January 2020 - 09:37 PM, said:

I have heard about it. That bad huh?

I haven't checked it in a while tbf but the first few days were that brutal I genuinely felt sorry for the WG staff reading it. 

My WoT tank reviews

If you enjoy them please do share/sub. Thanks. 

Lord Jonny IV #45 Posted 20 January 2020 - 07:02 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16711 battles

Simply no..

Used to play pc a long time ago and the grinds were brutal when your daily doubles were so important, even silver was tough to get. When premium tanks were worse than the tt ones.

The amount of ops and boosts and free tanks now it is easy street...

SightlessRogue0 #46 Posted 20 January 2020 - 07:03 AM

Major

• Players
  • 22603 battles
I have the impression that the majority of complaints are unfounded or exaggerated. I've been playing wot for two and a half years, unlike the grumpy ones, my feeling is that the game gets better with each update.

I use Google translator for english language

Lots of juggling in french text, sometimes translator in trouble with that. If you do not understand what I write, tell me.

Lord Jonny IV #47 Posted 20 January 2020 - 07:16 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16711 battles

MM moans have been a thing since the game was released... as have the game will be dead in a few months lol.

The funniest ones are where people  say WG dont know what they are doing...yes they make some mistakes but....

On pc they have made over  50 MILLION dollars selling the scorpion g premium....now let that sink in...$50 million for a bunch of pixels...and that is a tiny percentage of their sales ....oh and that  didnt include the asian server.

Add to that all the other sales, all the other premium tanks, gold, premium time, loot boxes etc...the numbers will be crazy.

Sure console is a lot smaller than pc but still...even 10% of that revenue stream... wish i had it lol 

DrivableBeast35 #48 Posted 20 January 2020 - 08:56 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 34145 battles

View PostSightlessRogue0, on 19 January 2020 - 11:03 PM, said:

I have the impression that the majority of complaints are unfounded or exaggerated. I've been playing wot for two and a half years, unlike the grumpy ones, my feeling is that the game gets better with each update.

:teethhappy:   Someone with five years experience playing this game please tell this guy about some of the updates he missed.   :teethhappy:

redshadowrider #49 Posted 20 January 2020 - 01:59 PM

Major

• Players
  • 39732 battles

View PostSightlessRogue0, on 20 January 2020 - 01:03 AM, said:

hahahahahahaha ...... Oh, you are serious.  You chose your GT well.
I'm just saying.....

Joco3000 #50 Posted 20 January 2020 - 05:40 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 28289 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostSightlessRogue0, on 20 January 2020 - 07:03 AM, said:

Wait, you've been getting updates? 

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

vVMr GoodCatVv #51 Posted 20 January 2020 - 05:45 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 30542 battles

View PostSightlessRogue0, on 20 January 2020 - 07:03 AM, said:

what?

I errrr, 

I just errr,

WHAT?

"I'm the dandy highway man that your too scared to mention

I spend my cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention"                                                        

Cobravert #52 Posted 20 January 2020 - 05:45 PM

Major

• Players
  • 30069 battles
  • [WKPLC]

Does it influence me?

Not too much. I have my own complaints and I know I don't have to play the game anymore if I don't feel the urge too. Many complaints I see mirror mine, many do not. But I've lost most all hopefulness that any of the ones I'd like to see addressed ever will be anymore.

SandM9 #53 Posted 20 January 2020 - 05:59 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 33615 battles

View Postredshadowrider, on 20 January 2020 - 06:59 AM, said:

hahahahahahaha ...... Oh, you are serious.  You chose your GT well.

you beat me to it :angry:

Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

M4RV 71 #54 Posted 20 January 2020 - 06:02 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 10857 battles
If people think that WG are going to address the issues and complaints that people have and actually listen and read them then they are deluded.

The game is dying and WG are hammering the nails in the coffin

How do you think a new player would feel when he gets seal clubbed by the absolution. Yeah pretty pissed off, that tank should never have been released along with all the other spaced armour mercs.

WG are just churning these and reskin autoloaders out as they know that the game is going to die.

The only interactions from WG is Raibot with cat GIFs and Max saying it's working as intended (cough cough Earthshaker mobility)

All what WG will do is just nerf tanks more and get better than TT premiums in the shop.

I compare WG to ostriches, heads in the sand

JatemKaa #55 Posted 20 January 2020 - 07:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 62379 battles

View PostDaffierPear6, on 18 January 2020 - 05:12 PM, said:

It is extremely disappointing to see all the negativity on the Forum.  When I first got on the Forum there were heaps of posts on ideas for the game, new tanks, tech tree lines, and people who were actively helping other players with the game. I am not disappointed in the least by all the negativity on the forums. And I agree with you - when I started their was heaps of ideas for the game, new tank suggestions, etc. All of which where ignored or worse, twisted into frankensteins of the original ideas. WG reaps what they sow....

Clans were very active with recruitment threads and the guys organising the WCL were always on talking about comp play and ideas they were working on. Hope does that - hopes that were quickly and quietly smashed.

People came on here to research how to play and seek advice.  They came to discuss rumours of what was coming to the game in the coming weeks or months.  There was a general excitement about the game. Yes, I agree - once a long time ago their was hope and excitement about this game.

It's part of the reason I joined the ST program towards the end of 2017.

In ST I was lucky to work with some fantastic players who had an absolute love for the game, and I made a lot of good friends.  In the year I was in ST we tested a lot of things that sprang from ideas which started on the Forum.  Some worked and found their way into the game.  Most we found either did not work, didn't improve the game as hoped, and were pushed back to the Dev Team to look at again or were canned.

I was lucky to be involved in the testing of the Arena Tournaments idea, and at the time there was a huge push on the Forum for WG to implement Clan Wars after the successes of the WCL.

When Arena Tournaments released in game there was incredible interest and members of Clans were jumping up and down to get into events.  People wanted Tournaments with prizing, a simple way of setting up matches, and loved the way it was suppose to work.

Unfortunately due to issues with the Arena system (and that wasn't anything to do with WG, Arena was and is a Microsoft release) players and Clans became frustrated with it quickly and the whole comp play around Arena fell apart.  WG spent ages trying to find solutions from their end, but it was primarily an issue with the base product provided by Microsoft.Have a very hard time believing this one statement - heard not one word of any of these so called tries.

In my opinion THIS is when the negativity in the Forums really started. Definately contributed, but not the only causity factor in the negativity beginning.  This issue led to a lot of the positive Forum posters not getting on here and we lost a lot of good positive players too. Agree.

We need positive ideas for improvements, not ranting about issues YOU are experiencing.No. We have AMPLE proof that positive ideas for improvement are ignored in the best case - twisted into a frankenstein like Mercs in the worse. At this point in time, it is not the posters who need to change, it is WG that needs to change.  We need to encourage people when they come on here, not driving them away! The need to encourage people fails not because what we post here, but because of what WG has done to the game. WG is the one driving them away, not us.

Gallant Prime #56 Posted 20 January 2020 - 08:21 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 49492 battles
  • [47R]

It only makes me forum less, not play less.    

Certain game issues like lag and imbalanced mm are what tends to dampen my enthusiasm for playing more than anything.  Reduction of tanks for the trade in event also tends to be a downer as it leaves my garage more cluttered than I like.    

JARL VARYAG #57 Posted 21 January 2020 - 05:58 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10839 battles
First off, if you are no longer playing World of Tanks, stop posting in the forums. World of Tanks on console has its problems, but it is still a fun game and one of the best free-to-play games. The negativity of the forums is partially due to the fact that people are more prone to voice complaints than people that are happy with the game.

My honor is loyalty.

Desyatnik Pansy #58 Posted 21 January 2020 - 05:59 PM

Major

• Players
  • 94 battles

View PostJARL VARYAG, on 21 January 2020 - 05:58 PM, said:

First off, if you are no longer playing World of Tanks, stop posting in the forums.

Who decided you could tell people what to do? Asking for a friend.

I am a PC Player who randomly posts on here sometimes. 

I also do mod stuff. You can see some of it here.

JatemKaa #59 Posted 21 January 2020 - 07:52 PM

Major

• Players
  • 62379 battles

View PostDrivableBeast35, on 20 January 2020 - 02:56 AM, said:

:teethhappy:   Someone with five years experience playing this game please tell this guy about some of the updates he missed.   :teethhappy:

EXACTLY what went thru my mind when I read it - where does one even start. 

psmobius1 #60 Posted 21 January 2020 - 07:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33645 battles
  • [USA1]
Nope, I come on here and read topics pretty much daily. It does nothing to my desire to play the game or anything else, it is just a game. Message boards are more like soap operas with all the drama and over exaggeration. Fun to read and laugh at when its all said and done. I play the game simply to play the game and have fun, nothing more and nothing less.

Also tagged with nag, complaints, influencing, negative, rants

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users