Does the continuous litany of complaints influence your perception or desire to play WoT?

nag complaints influencing negative rants

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

JatemKaa #61 Posted 21 January 2020 - 07:58 PM

Major

• Players
  • 62379 battles

View PostJARL VARYAG, on 21 January 2020 - 11:58 AM, said:

First off, if you are no longer playing World of Tanks, stop posting in the forums.No. This is the only way of voicing the displeasure with the game - how else will WG know there is a problem if only Yes Men post here.
World of Tanks on console has its problems, but it is still a fun game and one of the best free-to-play games. Agree that it ONCE was - and could be again if actions were taken to fix what they have messed up.
The negativity of the forums is partially due to the fact that people are more prone to voice complaints than people that are happy with the game. Undoubtedly true but it is the same for ALL forums isn't it. Doesn't mean the complaints are not real or important.

BloodNmyCoffee2 #62 Posted 21 January 2020 - 08:00 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31619 battles
  • [DTTR]

View PostN6X507, on 18 January 2020 - 02:44 PM, said:

I am what they call a happy camper, or goody two shoes, bubble personality was a description one of my manager used.

I come and read the World of Tanks forum every day, like everyone of you here...

I was wondering if the discovery of what is wrong with World of Tanks affects you, or your need to play? you know, when you live with someone who is continuously unhappy, it does get to you, even if you are a positive thinking person.

Sifting through the threads in General Discussion, I see a lot of unhappy players. Justified or not, that is not my point.

I am not here to criticize anybody for what they resent or like.

But it brings back the memory of these heavy predictions, the end of World of Tanks, the predicament, the black screen.

I keep playing, unaffected and unbiased by anything I read, but I was thinking, for a new player that comes here, untouched, virgin, unbiased, it may be too much information?

Does it get to you too?

No.  It doesnt change how I personally feel about the game.  

I’ve been playing for 3 and a half to 4 years.  I try to play every night.  I still love the game.  I wish others loved it as much as I do.  Obviously there are ways that improvements could be made to the game, nothing in any game is perfect IMO.  I often find myself rolling my eyes and scratching my head as to why people get their panties in such a wad over things.  Do some things piss me off sometimes?  Yeah, but I still love the game and have fun playing it everyday.  

Schiavoser #63 Posted 21 January 2020 - 08:03 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 41391 battles

I'm not going to stop playing because someone else isn't having fun. My own experience is what influences my opinion of and satisfaction level with the game. This game has been a disappointment to me for months. It's a cumulative effect from

• a lack of additions to content (maps, TT tanks, engaging events)
  • the developers' disinterest in balance changes
  • the lag and stupefying RNG
  • WGC's feeble communications with loyal player base

I'm still playing, but I'm losing steam.

BloodNmyCoffee2 #64 Posted 21 January 2020 - 08:14 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31619 battles
  • [DTTR]
Don’t misunderstand me, I definitely am tired of the same old maps over and over.  I would like new TT tanks as well.  Lag happens, RNG happens, I can live with those things as they dont greatly affect me on a battle to battle basis.  So while I do get bored with the maps and lack of new TT tanks and new content, I still enjoy playing the game.  If I were to “quit playing”, it would be because I got bored.  I cant see myself quitting simply because I was pissed off about something.  

Honestly I’m hoping things improve after the PS5 comes out.  I have no facts to base that hope on.  It’s just merely my hope that things improve to make the game feel fresh again in some ways.  

GrooIsNoLackey #65 Posted 21 January 2020 - 08:21 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27967 battles

View PostJARL VARYAG, on 21 January 2020 - 05:58 PM, said:

First off, if you are no longer playing World of Tanks, stop posting in the forums. World of Tanks on console has its problems, but it is still a fun game and one of the best free-to-play games. The negativity of the forums is partially due to the fact that people are more prone to voice complaints than people that are happy with the game.

Agreed. I don't understand why someone who quit this game posts multiple times a day on this forum. It's like they are obsessing over a partner that that they dumped only to find out the partner is happier without them. It smells of regret and a belief that they might be missed and begged to come back. There are plenty of people who still play the game  to post the negative feedback.

redshadowrider #66 Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:49 PM

Major

• Players
  • 38240 battles

View PostJARL VARYAG, on 21 January 2020 - 11:58 AM, said:

First off, if you are no longer playing World of Tanks, stop posting in the forums. World of Tanks on console has its problems, but it is still a fun game and one of the best free-to-play games. The negativity of the forums is partially due to the fact that people are more prone to voice complaints than people that are happy with the game.

View PostGrooIsNoLackey, on 21 January 2020 - 02:21 PM, said:

Agreed. I don't understand why someone who quit this game posts multiple times a day on this forum. It's like they are obsessing over a partner that that they dumped only to find out the partner is happier without them. It smells of regret and a belief that they might be missed and begged to come back. There are plenty of people who still play the game  to post the negative feedback.

So, sue us....or you could stop reading our posts.

I'm just saying.....

Black RL #67 Posted 22 January 2020 - 03:31 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 56803 battles

Gotta catch them all! ^^

My hateful 4: Food a p2w mechanism, New player experience vs veteran player, Are overpowered premium tanks p2w? and Why World of Tanks can't shake off being perceived as a p2w game. About RNG: RNG affects the outcome of games, here's why. About broken tanks.

See what happens to your tank in real time when you use equipment, supplies or crew skills in tanks.gg

spuddud987654321 #68 Posted 22 January 2020 - 04:06 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17787 battles
  • [KBT]
Wierd double post.

spuddud987654321 #69 Posted 22 January 2020 - 04:07 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17787 battles
  • [KBT]
I tend to laugh at negative people.  If there is a valid argument I will listen.  Otherwise no I'll just laugh.

JatemKaa #70 Posted 22 January 2020 - 04:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 62379 battles

View PostATHFjman18, on 18 January 2020 - 09:54 AM, said:

No it doesn’t bother me. When things are going well and people are happy it usually isn’t voiced, as one typically perceives it as “This is how it should be.” So people usually don’t voice the positivity that often. 

When something is wrong and someone is not happy, that is when it is voiced. People are looking for vindication or others to commiserate with, in the hope that voicing the problem will fix the problem. 

Agree here. Silence from a player base would mean most are happy enough playing not to bother taking the time to post - and posting of positive things like how to play this tank better or celebrating marking a certain tank means things are going very well indeed. The change on the forums that you see reflects the changes made in the game - as most of the changes are negative you can be sure the posts will reflect this. Traditionally (in games anyway), when problems exist they are discussed on forums and the like - then the creators listen and fix those problems. Too bad it doesn't work that way here.

Edited by JatemKaa, 22 January 2020 - 04:27 PM.

Smaugone1 #71 Posted 22 January 2020 - 04:32 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 20285 battles
I like playing WOT, and when I can't, I enjoy reading all the whining.
REMEMBER-It's just a game.

JatemKaa #72 Posted 22 January 2020 - 04:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 62379 battles

View PostSchiavoser, on 21 January 2020 - 02:03 PM, said:

I'm not going to stop playing because someone else isn't having fun. My own experience is what influences my opinion of and satisfaction level with the game. This game has been a disappointment to me for months. It's a cumulative effect from

• a lack of additions to content (maps, TT tanks, engaging events)
  • the developers' disinterest in balance changes
  • the lag and stupefying RNG
  • WGC's feeble communications with loyal player base

I'm still playing, but I'm losing steam.

This! No-one should let another players feelings overrule your own - if you still like playing the game by all means play it. That being said, the outflow of players leaving the game says what they think of it - the creators should be taking notice  and making changes to halt or at least slow down the loss. The game is in the shape in it is in because the creators have half-hearted cared about the game.

Pit Friend #73 Posted 22 January 2020 - 11:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 35234 battles
  • [PTATO]
I can decide I don’t like something perfectly well on my own, thank you very much. :)

I don’t know how to act my age! I’ve never been this old before!

DrivableBeast35 #74 Posted 23 January 2020 - 12:35 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 32655 battles

Does the continuous litany of complaints bad updates influence your perception or desire to play spend money on WoT? - Yes.

JatemKaa #75 Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:32 AM

Major

• Players
  • 62379 battles

View PostGrooIsNoLackey, on 21 January 2020 - 02:21 PM, said:

Quite simple really. Like me, they once loved the game and are sad to see it in the shape it is in now. A partner, hmm.... perhaps in a way. With number of players as a guide, the game is definitely not happier without me. And based on how the game was physically running last time I played it is definitely not in the good shape it once was. Regret - nah. Sadness really - watching something you enjoyed turned into a shadow of what it once was isn't pleasant - especially when at one time you had such high hopes for the game. Watching as time after time WGCB made bad decisions that hurt the game and lead to it being in the state it is now. Waiting and hoping that one day they would come around and do something to try to save the game I loved, or at the very least TRY to make it last longer - only to have those hopes dashed again and again.

Plenty of people left? Guess it depends upon what you call plenty. Used to be a whole lot more.

Sbornaja #76 Posted 23 January 2020 - 06:27 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 42366 battles
  • [KRAUT]

View PostSightlessRogue0, on 20 January 2020 - 08:03 AM, said:

I have the impression that the majority of complaints are unfounded or exaggerated. I've been playing wot for two and a half years, unlike the grumpy ones, my feeling is that the game gets better with each update.

:D:D    Okaaay ...

Tell us about your feelings! What exactly is getting better with each update ...? 

XBOX ONE

FinlandRed #77 Posted 23 January 2020 - 09:29 AM

Major

• Players
  • 22295 battles

View PostJatemKaa, on 23 January 2020 - 04:32 AM, said:

Quite simple really. Like me, they once loved the game and are sad to see it in the shape it is in now. A partner, hmm.... perhaps in a way. With number of players as a guide, the game is definitely not happier without me. And based on how the game was physically running last time I played it is definitely not in the good shape it once was. Regret - nah. Sadness really - watching something you enjoyed turned into a shadow of what it once was isn't pleasant - especially when at one time you had such high hopes for the game. Watching as time after time WGCB made bad decisions that hurt the game and lead to it being in the state it is now. Waiting and hoping that one day they would come around and do something to try to save the game I loved, or at the very least TRY to make it last longer - only to have those hopes dashed again and again.

Plenty of people left? Guess it depends upon what you call plenty. Used to be a whole lot more.

^This. So much this

PLK180W #78 Posted 23 January 2020 - 03:19 PM

Major

• Players
  • 61 battles

The continous litany of complaints doesn't influence or prejudice my desire to play the game...

Various actions, (or lack thereof), of the development team has more effect in that regard. 

Through The Mud And Blood To The Green Fields Beyond

Koval03 #79 Posted 23 January 2020 - 06:35 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20379 battles
  • [-CLAN]

View PostJARL VARYAG, on 21 January 2020 - 12:58 PM, said:

Maybe theres a reason people post on the forums voicing their negative experience than playing the game? One of the best free games with barely 5k population during peak time? Bf4 from 2013 has more players online than wot console ps4 and that game had two sequels. Pretty sad.

vVMr GoodCatVv #80 Posted 23 January 2020 - 07:00 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 30295 battles

View PostDrivableBeast35, on 23 January 2020 - 12:35 AM, said:

Does the continuous litany of complaints bad updates influence your perception or desire to play spend money on WoT? - Yes.

This

"I'm the dandy highway man that your too scared to mention

I spend my cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention"                                                        

Also tagged with nag, complaints, influencing, negative, rants

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users