HMH AMX MODELE 58 PREMIUM LIGHT TANK

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Animek77 #1 Posted 24 January 2020 - 06:09 PM

Private

• Players
  • 4549 battles
Hello,
I bought the HMH AMX Model 58 premium 8 tier light tank.
The only caveat I have for this tank is the gun. It has a 105 mm gun, but the penetration with a full-caliber shell is 124-206 mm. Accumulation bullet has not much better parameters 158-263 mm. Don't you think it's a bit too little for a 105 mm and 8 tier gun?

Akumahito #2 Posted 24 January 2020 - 06:19 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21589 battles
  • [0UCH]

Its a Tier 10 tank reduced to be an 8....  You are paying for its Big Alpha Damage for its tier with Poor Penetration, Power to Weight and Intraclip

I've had it since it came out and.. yeah the pen is kind of low but if you know what you're doing it's manageable, just take side and rear shots at people, Heavier armored vehicles do not fire until you have a perfect 90 degree angle on their sides.

Intraclip is slow enough you should also really treat it as a 1 shot light tank, by the time you're ready for the second shot they've started turning or have a shot at you... Shoot and scoot boy.

N6X507 #3 Posted 24 January 2020 - 06:53 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 952 battles

View PostAkumahito, on 24 January 2020 - 06:19 PM, said:

Its a Tier 10 tank reduced to be an 8....  You are paying for its Big Alpha Damage for its tier with Poor Penetration, Power to Weight and Intraclip

I've had it since it came out and.. yeah the pen is kind of low but if you know what you're doing it's manageable, just take side and rear shots at people, Heavier armored vehicles do not fire until you have a perfect 90 degree angle on their sides.

Intraclip is slow enough you should also really treat it as a 1 shot light tank, by the time you're ready for the second shot they've started turning or have a shot at you... Shoot and scoot boy.

I think you have given a fair description of that tank.

I just had it as a personal offer this morning, and I did not really remember why I did not purchase it, given that it is an AMX 13, which I generally like to play.

Just reading your narrative reminded me why I passed on that tank when it came out. It is a three shooter in disguise because of the long intra-clip reload.

It makes it a very interesting tank though. Because not everybody will be able to shine in it.

I would most likely purchase it, but I am taking a time out from Tier X at the moment. Thus, I play strictly up to Tier 7, or preferred Match Making that limits to Tier IX.

tokyobatman #4 Posted 24 January 2020 - 06:59 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13142 battles
  • [NOPE]
I have it and I would say it's OK, nothing great, but nothing so horrible with it either..  It can be fun, when you are top tier...

N6X507 #5 Posted 24 January 2020 - 07:06 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 952 battles

View Posttokyobatman, on 24 January 2020 - 06:59 PM, said:

I have it and I would say it's OK, nothing great, but nothing so horrible with it either..  It can be fun, when you are top tier...

I am certain it is a fun tank. I would have gone for it if only for the intra-clip. I think the reload time is already something that requires good management on an auto-loader. That longer intra-clip is really complicating the meta.

It is manageable, but it eats into the fun factor; at least for me, it does.

Animek77 #6 Posted 25 January 2020 - 07:09 AM

Private

• Players
  • 4549 battles

View PostN6X507, on 24 January 2020 - 06:53 PM, said:

I think you have given a fair description of that tank.

I just had it as a personal offer this morning, and I did not really remember why I did not purchase it, given that it is an AMX 13, which I generally like to play.

Just reading your narrative reminded me why I passed on that tank when it came out. It is a three shooter in disguise because of the long intra-clip reload.

It makes it a very interesting tank though. Because not everybody will be able to shine in it.

I would most likely purchase it, but I am taking a time out from Tier X at the moment. Thus, I play strictly up to Tier 7, or preferred Match Making that limits to Tier IX.

3800 gold.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users