Warning pop-up before using a tank for the first time

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

SightlessRogue0 #1 Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20829 battles

I would like to see a warning on the screen when we try to use a new tank for the first time.

Today I found myself naked in an X level game with my brand new Captured King-Tiger. As it happened to me before with 2 or 3 other tanks .... I wanted to equip it and put a better crew but I got the wrong button. I was lucky and my team had the advantage, I only had to follow in the second line to make some opportunistic shots.

Another solution which would not require much change in programming would be not to assign the new crew with the new tank .... to marry the tank and its crew who come with it, the first time I should choose it in my available crew list.

I use Google translator for english language

Lots of juggling in french text, sometimes translator in trouble with that. If you do not understand what I write, tell me.

MaxChaos24 #2 Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:39 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 13490 battles
  • [WGW]
There is a display in the garage right above the tank with everything that is or isn't on it. It should be easy to see how your tank is setup before going into the battle. 

SightlessRogue0 #3 Posted 24 January 2020 - 09:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20829 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 24 January 2020 - 08:39 PM, said:

There is a display in the garage right above the tank with everything that is or isn't on it. It should be easy to see how your tank is setup before going into the battle. 

I was mostly talking about a mistake. If I accidentally enter a battle with my old Kirovet it does not matter ... it is well equipped. If I accidentally enter a battle with a new tank, all naked ... it's not the same thing.

But hey it was only a suggestion.

I use Google translator for english language

Lots of juggling in french text, sometimes translator in trouble with that. If you do not understand what I write, tell me.

TheGuyOnMyPS #4 Posted 24 January 2020 - 10:16 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 8252 battles
  • [45TH]

On occassion, I've also accidently pressed the button to enter battle instead the button to upgrade my new tank.  Stock tank and default crew, with no equipment or supplies.  :facepalm:

I also find it amusing how the mistake has ALWAYS resulted my immediate placement in a match.

Pontiac Pat #5 Posted 25 January 2020 - 03:27 AM

Major

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 26423 battles
  • [47R]
You can back out to the garage from the queue as long as you're quick about it.  Every once in a while you get thrown directly into a battle, but that's pretty rare.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

Stupid_Luchador #6 Posted 25 January 2020 - 07:33 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18033 battles
  • [DILF]

View PostTheGuyOnMyPS, on 24 January 2020 - 11:16 PM, said:

On occassion, I've also accidently pressed the button to enter battle instead the button to upgrade my new tank.  Stock tank and default crew, with no equipment or supplies.  :facepalm:

I also find it amusing how the mistake has ALWAYS resulted my immediate placement in a match.

#sotrue

PLK180W #7 Posted 25 January 2020 - 12:53 PM

Major

• Players
  • 61 battles

View PostPontiac Pat, on 25 January 2020 - 03:27 AM, said:

You can back out to the garage from the queue as long as you're quick about it.  Every once in a while you get thrown directly into a battle, but that's pretty rare.

Whenever I make the mistake of pushing the wrong button when messing around in the garage, the first thing I usually see isn't the queue screen, it's the screen showing the map you're going to have the match on, and you always seem to be bottom tier when it happens! 

Annoying when it happens,  but not something I feel that WG should be wasting time on!

Edited by PLK180W, 25 January 2020 - 07:08 PM.

Through The Mud And Blood To The Green Fields Beyond

YouMadBro413 #8 Posted 26 January 2020 - 05:15 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 40192 battles
  • [JOCO]
Or warning when entering a game without equipment or ammo. Entering without equipment isn't as bad but entering without ammo is a instant trip back to the garage.

RaggaMuffinReap #9 Posted 27 January 2020 - 01:19 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 24339 battles
  • [XPBLS]

View PostTheGuyOnMyPS, on 24 January 2020 - 10:16 PM, said:

I always forget my supplies, its funny cause ive had really good matches stock and no kit, and yes always instant match find. Even funnier is just scrubbing multis and doing exactly the same the next day

MaxChaos24 #10 Posted 27 January 2020 - 12:51 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 13490 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostYouMadBro413, on 26 January 2020 - 12:15 PM, said:

Or warning when entering a game without equipment or ammo. Entering without equipment isn't as bad but entering without ammo is a instant trip back to the garage.

There already is a pop-up warning for Ammo. I believe it shows up if you have less than 5 rounds on your tanks. :honoring:

srs19801021 #11 Posted 28 January 2020 - 12:57 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 6094 battles
  • [_COG_]

View PostYouMadBro413, on 26 January 2020 - 05:15 PM, said:

really? All that could be suggested for improvement and y’all go with this.  It’s not wargaming’s fault you entered the battle. 9/10 times you can back out if you wipe your tears away fast enough. They can’t play it for you. How about stop wasting time being a whiner and complain about serious issues they are in control of and need to address. Like new tanks, not reskin 59’s, or new tech tree lines for Japan, brits, or Italian. How about new maps and sone freaking creativity. I’m one year in and today I was off work. For the last year nearly I’d be grinding non stop. Played twi matches today and not another. They screwed the ops up, screwed premium account holders by taking the stage rewards for them and only getting half of what you use to get. Like one general chests instead of the regular commander chest for non premium players added with it. They should have to compensate for that because I bought almost a years worth because I valued it more than it’s worth now by far. Monday madness is take your gold like 4 type 59’s are. Oh wait you get a freaking emblem. Flag vouchers and crew customization as rewards. Learned my lesson though, she won’t invert a dine in it til something gives abs they make their crap worth the investment they sold it to be and sucked me in. I’m gonna give them a month then it’s time to move along to something else. They are just worth billions according to Forbes. They don’t have to screw the ppl that made them billions now that they have it. Invest it back into your game for your base.  If not I’m gonna start spreading that popular hashtag floating around. Unpopular for wargaming 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users