• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

SteampunkPagan #1 Posted 09 February 2020 - 01:34 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 97853 battles
  • [HDC-R]

Hello Max, Rai & All WG Staff,

On Friday January 31st I received my 6 year thank you from WoTConsole (Thanks). I am thrilled to say that I LOVE WoT-C! I have been playing the game since the very early Beta & even volunteered in the early days of the Super Test. I play WoTConsole daily & over the last 19 months have been streaming the game on Mixer (Fri-Sun 9am Mon-Tues 12midnight) & yes that was a shameless plug...lol. 90% of the time I agree with or at least think I understand why the development does the things they do here.

The game for me is fun 100% of the time even win I get frustrated with my play (I am not very good at the game I am the low end of good the high end of average). Yes there are changes I would like to see but at the end of the day WG does not make this game just for me & my friends they make & adjust it for the wider console audience. WG over the last 6 years not counting consumables, Camo & Crew Vouchers or Flags I have received just over $2,000.00 USD in free stuff (Tanks, Premium Time, Gold) so when people call you greedy they are simply not looking big picture.

I honestly believe that there is room in this game for both casual players & competitive players, room for Historical & non-Historical content & that the game can survive into the next console Generation. I do believe that many of your problems you bring upon yourself with poor communication & explanation of changes you make & Max you have for years read my complaints about that so I will not go more into it...lol.

I will end my ramblings by saying I for one look forward to the next 6 years of WoTConsole & with over 95K games played I look forward to doubling that number. So, as you gear up for Anniversary week hold your heads high because you have made a fine addictive game that provokes such strong emotions in your players of love & hate....Happy Anniversary!

Thanks For Reading,

SPP

Please forgive the writing style I am not very good at putting my thoughts into the written word.

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

https://mixer.com/SteampunkPagan

DrHorrible4Life #2 Posted 09 February 2020 - 01:44 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14410 battles
I respect a guy who can remain consistently positive over 6 years in an environment outsiders might call toxic.  Good on you for doing it right and actually enjoying the game.  At times the only thing stronger than my hatred for this game is my love for this game.  

Very Classy #3 Posted 09 February 2020 - 02:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34235 battles
  • [JOCO]
Very classy. 

There is literally an Xbox 360 in a museum, and this is the best joke you can come up with?
                                                                                         -- allhavoc

GiggityGoosr #4 Posted 09 February 2020 - 04:41 PM

Private

• Players
  • 15066 battles
  • [GCCS]
Well said.

milesizdead #5 Posted 09 February 2020 - 05:03 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 21097 battles
Happy anniversary! I’m almost six years in as well, and I intend to keep oooooooon tanking :)

Ol Shootie #6 Posted 09 February 2020 - 05:55 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 28840 battles
  • [NAPLM]
Yes, good work Wargaming. After 4 years, I'm still having fun. Of course, things can be fixed and better, but that's the case with any system (especially SW).

tokyobatman #7 Posted 09 February 2020 - 06:01 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15009 battles
  • [NOPE]

View PostSteampunkPagan, on 09 February 2020 - 07:34 AM, said:

Hello Max, Rai & All WG Staff,

On Friday January 31st I received my 6 year thank you from WoTConsole (Thanks). I am thrilled to say that I LOVE WoT-C! I have been playing the game since the very early Beta & even volunteered in the early days of the Super Test. I play WoTConsole daily & over the last 19 months have been streaming the game on Mixer (Fri-Sun 9am Mon-Tues 12midnight) & yes that was a shameless plug...lol. 90% of the time I agree with or at least think I understand why the development does the things they do here.

The game for me is fun 100% of the time even win I get frustrated with my play (I am not very good at the game I am the low end of good the high end of average). Yes there are changes I would like to see but at the end of the day WG does not make this game just for me & my friends they make & adjust it for the wider console audience. WG over the last 6 years not counting consumables, Camo & Crew Vouchers or Flags I have received just over $2,000.00 USD in free stuff (Tanks, Premium Time, Gold) so when people call you greedy they are simply not looking big picture.

I honestly believe that there is room in this game for both casual players & competitive players, room for Historical & non-Historical content & that the game can survive into the next console Generation. I do believe that many of your problems you bring upon yourself with poor communication & explanation of changes you make & Max you have for years read my complaints about that so I will not go more into it...lol.

I will end my ramblings by saying I for one look forward to the next 6 years of WoTConsole & with over 95K games played I look forward to doubling that number. So, as you gear up for Anniversary week hold your heads high because you have made a fine addictive game that provokes such strong emotions in your players of love & hate....Happy Anniversary!

Thanks For Reading,

SPP

Please forgive the writing style I am not very good at putting my thoughts into the written word.

I couldn't agree more.  I still love the game after 2 years..

ThermalStone #8 Posted 09 February 2020 - 08:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 35383 battles
  • [80085]
Glad to hear someone else is still enjoying the game.  Coming to this forum sometimes I think only haters are left.

I'm not stealing kills, I'm handing out Confederate medals.

SteampunkPagan #9 Posted 10 February 2020 - 03:09 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 97853 battles
  • [HDC-R]

Thanks everyone & I do appreciate that all have been respectful, positive & more importantly mature here. Seriously I really am thankful & appreciative of that...

SPP

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

Warsteiner 1 #10 Posted 10 February 2020 - 07:25 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 42909 battles
  • [C-X-L]

Same here SP.

I have my ins and outs with the game ,but after a mild break I end up coming back to WoT just as strong as the day it launched.

Even with all the issues, bugs. matters of opinion and questioning of some decisions , I still am not able to pull myself away from this game for very long.

On a side note , 1 more year (7 total) and WoT will tie my longest running game-played streak in world of warcraft. Yikes !

OldRugger51 #11 Posted 10 February 2020 - 05:32 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20691 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostWarsteiner 1, on 10 February 2020 - 02:25 AM, said:

On a side note , 1 more year (7 total) and WoT will tie my longest running game-played streak in world of warcraft. Yikes !

A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life...anything that happens before or after...it's just waiting. - Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in LeMans

TocFanKe4 #12 Posted 10 February 2020 - 06:00 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21919 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostWarsteiner 1, on 10 February 2020 - 01:25 AM, said:

I played the Madden series heavily from 1997 to 2012.  The game sucked after that.  I also have played the FIFA series from 2006 till the current day.  WG has a ways to go to beat them for me. 

I still play and think there are many things are still great in the game.  I'd like to see the game evolve more into an even better version of what it is, and I get frustrated when it seems to run in the opposite direction sometimes.  But I'm still here. 

Edit: quoted the wrong post. 

Edited by TocFanKe4, 10 February 2020 - 06:02 PM.

Good players cap when something goes wrong,

Bad players cap when something goes right.

C-O-R-S-A-i-R_ #13 Posted 10 February 2020 - 06:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 38345 battles
  • [SALT-]

Nice post!  I’m still having fun too...

4 years 2 months on console

2 years on blitz

Almost 1 year on PC

went from PC to handheld to console and console is by far my absolute favorite

I am a farmable asset,  please don’t call me a potato

IBROX 04 #14 Posted 10 February 2020 - 06:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21462 battles
  • [BNKR]
Nice Post pagan. Seem we are all here for the same thing. Love of the game. Football haha mon the Gers.  Jk... 

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

SteampunkPagan #15 Posted 10 February 2020 - 08:21 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 97853 battles
  • [HDC-R]

View PostWarsteiner 1, on 10 February 2020 - 02:25 AM, said:

Same here SP.

I have my ins and outs with the game ,but after a mild break I end up coming back to WoT just as strong as the day it launched.

Even with all the issues, bugs. matters of opinion and questioning of some decisions , I still am not able to pull myself away from this game for very long.

BTW it was nice of you to platoon with a opinionated barley average player like me the other day it was fun. For me Final Fantasy, Zelda & Fable were my most played franchises till this game...

SPP

OldRugger51 #16 Posted 10 February 2020 - 09:12 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20691 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostSteampunkPagan, on 10 February 2020 - 03:21 PM, said:

BTW it was nice of you me to platoon with a opinionated barley average player like me you the other day it was fun. 

Fixed that for you! :trollface:

A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life...anything that happens before or after...it's just waiting. - Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in LeMans

SteampunkPagan #17 Posted 10 February 2020 - 09:16 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 97853 battles
  • [HDC-R]

View PostOldRugger51, on 10 February 2020 - 04:12 PM, said:

Fixed that for you! :trollface:

LOL!!!

OldRugger51 #18 Posted 10 February 2020 - 09:55 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20691 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostTocFanKe4, on 10 February 2020 - 01:00 PM, said:

I played the Madden series heavily from 1997 to 2012.

2005 had design your own play mechanic - for ONE year! ONE! It was awesome! Idjit EA

DrHorrible4Life #19 Posted 10 February 2020 - 09:58 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14410 battles
I saw that platoon a couple days ago, green team thankfully.  Wasn't enough red hp in that game, over in an instant.  I think we could have taken another game without repairing.  :medal:

DrHorrible4Life #20 Posted 10 February 2020 - 10:00 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14410 battles

View PostOldRugger51, on 10 February 2020 - 09:55 PM, said:

2005 had design your own play mechanic - for ONE year! ONE! It was awesome! Idjit EA

The year of the hit-stick being superbroken if I remember correctly.  6 yards away, flick the stick, fumble return for touchdown.

Also tagged with Anniversary, Opinion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users