Notice to Arty Tankers: Game did not reward earned Stark's medal

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

ZeroGoldfish683 #1 Posted 14 February 2020 - 05:00 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 38053 battles
  • [-UGCC]

So I purchased the American Sexton arty when I thought it was 50% off. Learned of the overcharge and decided to keep it anyway.  In my first battle in the tank I was shot repeatedly and was able to kill two of the enemy and believe it or not I survived.  I thought cool: Stark's medal. Alas I did not receive it.  Took a screenshot of the Efficiency tab, sent it in a ticket to Wargaming, and was told that was not sufficient. They needed a video to know what "really happened" Not sufficient information to investigate.  Bummer. I was not happy with Wargaming's response, 

How often does this happen?

Is their a subforum for arty?

Is there a post explaining how to upload a video?

Why doesn't Wargaming make it easier to save a video or am I missing something? I suppose it's because they want to ensure that the player is sufficiently motivated to send in videos or they would be overrun by them. 

I wish I had confidence they were taking my concerns seriously and would have answered my inquiry as to why they needed a video to know what "really happened" and what key information was not in the screenshot on the efficiency tab.  

Even sending in a screenshot is more complicated than it should be in my opinion.

MaxChaos24 #2 Posted 14 February 2020 - 05:09 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 13509 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostZeroGoldfish683, on 14 February 2020 - 12:00 PM, said:

So I purchased the American Sexton arty when I thought it was 50% off. Learned of the overcharge and decided to keep it anyway.  In my first battle in the tank I was shot repeatedly and was able to kill two of the enemy and believe it or not I survived.  I thought cool: Stark's medal. Alas I did not receive it.  Took a screenshot of the Efficiency tab, sent it in a ticket to Wargaming, and was told that was not sufficient. They needed a video to know what "really happened" Not sufficient information to investigate.  Bummer. I was not happy with Wargaming's response, 

Why doesn't Wargaming make it easier to save a video or am I missing something? I suppose it's because they want to ensure that the player is sufficiently motivated to send in videos or they would be overrun by them. 

I wish I had confidence they were taking my concerns seriously and would have answered my inquiry as to why they needed a video to know what "really happened" and what key information was not in the screenshot on the efficiency tab.  

Even sending in a screenshot is more complicated than it should be in my opinion.

Same way you take a picture is the same way you record a video. Instead of "Y" for Screenshot, press the View button to open capture options and select the record time. 

With that said, did you lose 2/3rd of your health? That might be the requirement you didn't meet based on the screenshot of your hits received/blocked values. 

MaxChaos24 #3 Posted 14 February 2020 - 05:12 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 13509 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostZeroGoldfish683, on 14 February 2020 - 12:00 PM, said:

+ I think you did the picture thing the hard way. Once you take the screenshot on your console, it uploads here: https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/zerogoldfish683

Same with the videos. 

You just copy/paste the link and that's it. 

ZeroGoldfish683 #4 Posted 14 February 2020 - 05:33 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 38053 battles
  • [-UGCC]

I appreiciate the quick response. 

However I would note that the 2/3 damage received requirement is not listed in the description on my stats page. It reads:

"Stark's Medal

While driving and Artillary, destroy at least 2 enemy vehicles and receive at least 2 enemy hits that cause damage or are blocked by armor."

And if there is a requirement for 2/3 damage received: why isn't it listed in the description?

And if that is the case: why wasn't Wargaming able to tell me that by looking at the screenshot of the Efficiency tab?

Thank you again for your response

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users