Jump to content


Ragnarok


  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Kaptain Proton #1 Posted 14 February 2020 - 06:47 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 42396 battles
  • 67
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    03-07-2016

This tank is definitely the most dominant tier 8 medium tank in the game.  Followed by the Draugen.   There is no TT tank that compares unfortunately.  Maybe the Swedish mediums will change that

 

I have been trying to 3 mark the Pershing and the Indian Panzer but do better in the Premium tanks.  
 

Going to try to play these tanks as much as I can this month.  Maybe it will help my stats.  

 

I don’t play my 5/4 enough but I will say that the Ragnarok is the best premium medium tank in the game tier for tier. I will be interesting to see if WG sells these again or if they make it a rare and special tank.  Now the 5/4 was rare in the past but no more.  So I am sure they will sell again. 
 


 

 

 

 



biold0 #2 Posted 14 February 2020 - 06:58 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 8004 battles
  • 279
  • Member since:
    07-27-2017
Just checked the stats on wotclans, and yep, it is op.

M4ntiX #3 Posted 14 February 2020 - 07:03 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 32018 battles
  • 4,909
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    03-18-2014

Agreed. Definitely one of the best, if not the best, Premium tier VIII tank out there. :great:

As much as I was against operation Cash Steal, this one is worth spending money on if you love WOT and quick, paper mediums that have great guns.


Current game frustration level: ███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒  30%

"No one in history has ever been insulted into agreement." - Arthur Brooks


PosingGiraffe75 #4 Posted 14 February 2020 - 07:07 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 14125 battles
  • 194
  • Member since:
    07-12-2015
The draugen is complete shite lol the reload time, the aim time, the traverse time kills the tank all the time. The gun depression is mediocre the pen is trash. 

Joco3000 #5 Posted 14 February 2020 - 07:15 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 27011 battles
  • 28,705
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

I am honestly amazed that they even added the tank.

 

I realise that a few other suggestions of mine had been added to the game at this point (AMX Chaffee, FV305, T-VI-100, Atomic and perhaps another one or two I've forgotten). but this one was one of the more outlandish balance-wise, although still grounded in reality. A T-34 with a 100mm autoloader? Yes please.

I mentioned it several times over a five (?) year period, and they actually include it.

 

Perhaps a tad more powerful than I'd like, but still got it anyway.

 

Still no Czech Tiger I though.


You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas


FusionStar287 #6 Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:03 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 20459 battles
  • 16,490
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-13-2013
I didn't know anything about the tank until M4ntiX told me about it the other day, and now I'd have to agree. I mean, it's basically a faster version of the Skoda T50 (a medium that's already very strong) moved down a tier with a ridiculous credit multiplier. Sure, its reload might be just a but longer, but that gun on a platform that fast at tier VIII with no fear of losing credits is just insane.

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

 

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017


tokyobatman #7 Posted 14 February 2020 - 11:21 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 13128 battles
  • 334
  • [NOPE]
  • Member since:
    08-06-2017
I am glad you all like it, but I never really do good in it. I did not have a Czech tank before Radnarok,  so I started with the crew that had zero skills. I hope it will get better as my crew levels up..

JustAnAce #8 Posted 15 February 2020 - 12:39 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 13552 battles
  • 4,093
  • Member since:
    09-11-2013
When will they sell it again so I can get one? :)

Gold Spam Eu #9 Posted 15 February 2020 - 01:47 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 32094 battles
  • 869
  • [-HB-]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostPosingGiraffe75, on 14 February 2020 - 07:07 PM, said:

The draugen is complete shite lol the reload time, the aim time, the traverse time kills the tank all the time. The gun depression is mediocre the pen is trash. 

 

No you are wrong lol

ScottyDubs77 #10 Posted 15 February 2020 - 04:06 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17377 battles
  • 161
  • Member since:
    01-23-2016
I dunno about the draigen, it’s basically a Leo with better mobility and better aim, I absolutely hated the Leo, kudos to those that justify it as a good tank, I smoke them all the time on the battlefield, you can pen them with late snap shots

animatethant #11 Posted 15 February 2020 - 12:53 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 84566 battles
  • 7,196
  • Member since:
    04-07-2014

View PostJustAnAce, on 14 February 2020 - 04:39 PM, said:

When will they sell it again so I can get one? :)

 

You should be banned from having said tank. A Skoda t50 at tier 8? Maaan.....

R35T NO MORE #12 Posted 15 February 2020 - 01:55 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 16192 battles
  • 23,395
  • [BNKR-]
  • Member since:
    08-23-2013

View PostPosingGiraffe75, on 14 February 2020 - 07:07 PM, said:

The draugen is complete shite lol the reload time, the aim time, the traverse time kills the tank all the time. The gun depression is mediocre the pen is trash. 

 

What? It has - 10 degrees gun depression, good camo, good mobility, good gun handling for a 105, great pen amazing alpha, plus HESH. It's the best 105mm armed tier 8 medium imo. 

 


My WoT tank reviews

If you enjoy them please do share/sub. Thanks. 


XERXEZS #13 Posted 15 February 2020 - 02:10 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 26986 battles
  • 2,525
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostKaptain Proton, on 14 February 2020 - 10:47 AM, said:

This tank is definitely the most dominant tier 8 medium tank in the game.  Followed by the Draugen.   There is no TT tank that compares unfortunately.  Maybe the Swedish mediums will change that

 

I have been trying to 3 mark the Pershing and the Indian Panzer but do better in the Premium tanks.  
 

Going to try to play these tanks as much as I can this month.  Maybe it will help my stats.  

 

I don’t play my 5/4 enough but I will say that the Ragnarok is the best premium medium tank in the game tier for tier. I will be interesting to see if WG sells these again or if they make it a rare and special tank.  Now the 5/4 was rare in the past but no more.  So I am sure they will sell again. 
 


 

 

 

 

I'll give you a few that can crush the "T-34" ragnarok, remember it's a tier V body playing at tier X.

You said premium mediums.

Type 59 II

King Dragon 

I have more to list but I don't want to make this too long. 

The Type 59 II has: big camo, big armor, big 1400+ shell velocity :medal: great gun, great accuracy, 380 view range, not bad, 390 alpha, and it's mobile.

What does the Ragnarok have: an autoloader and it's slightly more mobile than the Type 59 II that's it. 

The Type 59 can be specc'ed into 4 different play styles

1. Medium support dpm

2. Medium scout with the silent engine crew skill

3. Camping Sniper

4. Hybrid

The Ragnarok can be specc'ed into one play style auto loader.

The Ragnarok was probably bought by more experienced players who have played autoloaders efficiently, but a ragnarok vs a Type 59 II 1 v 1 there's no competition, the Type 59 II is too Op it will easily crush a tier V t-34 bodied tank :trollface:



JustAnAce #14 Posted 15 February 2020 - 02:29 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 13552 battles
  • 4,093
  • Member since:
    09-11-2013

View Postanimatethant, on 15 February 2020 - 04:53 AM, said:

 

You should be banned from having said tank. A Skoda t50 at tier 8? Maaan.....

 

cmon man I didnt touch the game for 2 years let me have a handicap please

animatethant #15 Posted 15 February 2020 - 04:27 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 84566 battles
  • 7,196
  • Member since:
    04-07-2014

View PostXERXEZS, on 15 February 2020 - 06:10 AM, said:

I'll give you a few that can crush the "T-34" ragnarok, remember it's a tier V body playing at tier X.

You said premium mediums.

Type 59 II

King Dragon 

I have more to list but I don't want to make this too long. 

The Type 59 II has: big camo, big armor, big 1400+ shell velocity :medal: great gun, great accuracy, 380 view range, not bad, 390 alpha, and it's mobile.

What does the Ragnarok have: an autoloader and it's slightly more mobile than the Type 59 II that's it. 

The Type 59 can be specc'ed into 4 different play styles

1. Medium support dpm

2. Medium scout with the silent engine crew skill

3. Camping Sniper

4. Hybrid

The Ragnarok can be specc'ed into one play style auto loader.

The Ragnarok was probably bought by more experienced players who have played autoloaders efficiently, but a ragnarok vs a Type 59 II 1 v 1 there's no competition, the Type 59 II is too Op it will easily crush a tier V t-34 bodied tank :trollface:

 

some interesting points. 

 

But. 

 

The issue really comes down to not whether tank "a" is better than tank "b" head to head ... but whether the Ragnarok is a good performer in its tiers against other players given the meta noawadays. 

 

I also think you undersell the Ragnarok a bit ... 

 

From what you are saying the type 59ii is a great all around performer ... And the Ragnarok has the autoloader but is inferior in every other aspect. 

 

Thing is, a good autoloader is a serious advantage for those who know how to play it. Coupled with mobility and you've got a winner. Good players don't get hit as much so armor is overrated in that aspect. Good players use their situational awareness and mobility to constantly place themselves in positions of strength and profit from it.

 

A type 59ii may be able to play a position well ... but a tank like a Ragnarok can play a position well, clip out a tank and run away to seek out new opportunities that a type 59ii cannot do to the same degree.

 

 

 



Kaptain Proton #16 Posted 15 February 2020 - 09:20 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 42396 battles
  • 67
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    03-07-2016

Block Quote

 

I'll give you a few that can crush the "T-34" ragnarok, remember it's a tier V body playing at tier X.

You said premium mediums.

Type 59 II

King Dragon 

I have more to list but I don't want to make this too long. 

The Type 59 II has: big camo, big armor, big 1400+ shell velocity :medal: great gun, great accuracy, 380 view range, not bad, 390 alpha, and it's mobile.

What does the Ragnarok have: an autoloader and it's slightly more mobile than the Type 59 II that's it. 

The Type 59 can be specc'ed into 4 different play styles

1. Medium support dpm

2. Medium scout with the silent engine crew skill

3. Camping Sniper

4. Hybrid

The Ragnarok can be specc'ed into one play style auto loader.

The Ragnarok was probably bought by more experienced players who have played autoloaders efficiently, but a ragnarok vs a Type 59 II 1 v 1 there's no competition, the Type 59 II is too Op it will easily crush a tier V t-34 bodied tank :trollface:

 

I believe the Ragnarok and the Draugen have the highest average damage for tier 8 in the game.  Now is it because its mainly being played by good players?  Or is it just a really good tank.  I have the King Dragon and I don't play it as well as these two.  I mostly play mediums and I will say that I have the highest average damage  in the Ragnarok and the Draugen than any other tier 8 tank.  I am sure there are other people that don't like these tanks and don't do well in them and do better in other tanks.  For example the Vk 30.01D is the first tank I 3 marked.  I don't think to many people are going to say its the best medium tank at tier 6 but it is the best for me.  I am sure someone has 3 marked the G1 R and its their favorite tank.

 

I don't think the Type 59 II is op.  At least it is not statistically.  Good luck and Fear the Ragnarok!



Desyatnik Pansy #17 Posted 15 February 2020 - 09:30 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 94 battles
  • 4,994
  • Member since:
    02-15-2014

View PostXERXEZS, on 15 February 2020 - 02:10 PM, said:

I'll give you a few that can crush the "T-34" ragnarok, remember it's a tier V body playing at tier X.

 

The last time you tried to say this you got schooled, so I'm not particularly sure why you are trying it again.

In listing the Type 59-II and King Dragon you effectively just listed the exact same tanks.

 

Also a 59 doesn't get 'Big Camo' nor 'Big Armour'. Nor is the 59-II OP, it's a strong VIII Medium Premium but so far the Draugen and the Ragnarok.

I'm really not quite sure why you have a vendetta against the Ragnarok in particular.

 

View PostKaptain Proton, on 15 February 2020 - 09:20 PM, said:

I am sure someone has 3 marked the G1 R and its their favorite tank.

 

Anonymous Hobo, maybe no space, maybe _ I can't recall but yes. Bit of a mad lad.


Edited by Desyatnik Pansy, 15 February 2020 - 09:31 PM.

I am a PC Player who randomly posts on here sometimes. 

I also do mod stuff. You can see some of it here.


XERXEZS #18 Posted 16 February 2020 - 01:03 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 26986 battles
  • 2,525
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

I wouldn't say schooled, sometimes you just have stop arguing because no matter what you say they won't change their position.

I honestly think that the rag under sold and they're trying to pump it up in the forums.

205 standard ammunition penetration, when fighting tier X, yikes! 

The body of a tier V T-34  when fighting tier X, double Yikes!

Yes, the rag can have it's moments but dude it's a Tier V T-34 lol with an autoloader :D



Perfect Dark 51 #19 Posted 16 February 2020 - 01:26 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 21511 battles
  • 2,251
  • Member since:
    09-10-2013
I like the Type-59 II better myself as well. A good turret is an immeasurable asset.

R35T NO MORE #20 Posted 16 February 2020 - 01:30 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 16192 battles
  • 23,395
  • [BNKR-]
  • Member since:
    08-23-2013

View PostXERXEZS, on 16 February 2020 - 01:03 AM, said:

I wouldn't say schooled, sometimes you just have stop arguing because no matter what you say they won't change their position.

I honestly think that the rag under sold and they're trying to pump it up in the forums.

205 standard ammunition penetration, when fighting tier X, yikes! 

The body of a tier V T-34  when fighting tier X, double Yikes!

Yes, the rag can have it's moments but dude it's a Tier V T-34 lol with an autoloader :D

 

It's far, far better than you make out. No tank wants to eat that clip and it can very easily get into positions where it can fire that clip into tanks. 

 

The king dragons armour is pants against tier Xs. Every tier 8 mediums armour is except maybe Centurions but even they have to be very careful. 


My WoT tank reviews

If you enjoy them please do share/sub. Thanks. 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users