Jump to content


Taking gold the oldest glitch in the game

Switching silver to gold

  • Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

LiteralComic635 #1 Posted 15 February 2020 - 07:49 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 525 battles
  • 1,713
  • Member since:
    11-21-2016

Dear WG,

 

This is your 6th anniversary celebration week, and it has been a doozy for problems. The failure to properly launch the week with the 30% sale. No fix for the update 4.12 aiming issues. But it has been something over a year, just as I thought I might want to get a war chest or several. I get out of battle and I am magically missing gold. Just a little. 15 or so. Why? The update pulled the age old silver to gold trick. 

 

Now I know that it is not much, but I have to waste time sorting out which tank got the switcheroo and file a ticket. Very annoying! 

 

I don't care about many of the glitches but this one is a cake topper. Known issue for the entire lifetime of the game. For the love of all that is holy, figure it out and fix this!

 

ChubbyBuckle06 



Coupdeteat #2 Posted 15 February 2020 - 08:36 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 31190 battles
  • 1,390
  • [HIRAM]
  • Member since:
    03-19-2014
Check your consumable settings on whatever tank you just ran...you might be replenishing your goods with gold instead of silver...

LiteralComic635 #3 Posted 15 February 2020 - 09:19 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 525 battles
  • 1,713
  • Member since:
    11-21-2016

View PostCoupdeteat, on 15 February 2020 - 08:36 AM, said:

Check your consumable settings on whatever tank you just ran...you might be replenishing your goods with gold instead of silver...

 

I ran through the last 10 or so tanks, didn't see any consumables set for gold. That is likely the case as to how the gold was spent, but I am overly cautious about updates switching back to gold after updating, and I virtually never take a tank out without double checking.

 

No idea what the small amount of gold was used for. But it is the principle of this ongoing issue with this game. Taking real money is not kosher, and this issue has been in game since it was created. I didn't see anything in the logs, nor gold consumables on any of the tanks that I had been playing going back an hour or two of playing time.

 

ChubbyBuckle06 



DwarfOnDrugs #4 Posted 15 February 2020 - 10:39 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 32732 battles
  • 2,652
  • [CRPT]
  • Member since:
    03-12-2014
havn’t heard of this issue in about a year.

 


MaxChaos24 #5 Posted 15 February 2020 - 11:11 AM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 13509 battles
  • 21,456
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View PostLiteralComic635, on 15 February 2020 - 02:49 AM, said:

Dear WG,

 

This is your 6th anniversary celebration week, and it has been a doozy for problems. The failure to properly launch the week with the 30% sale. No fix for the update 4.12 aiming issues. But it has been something over a year, just as I thought I might want to get a war chest or several. I get out of battle and I am magically missing gold. Just a little. 15 or so. Why? The update pulled the age old silver to gold trick. 

 

Now I know that it is not much, but I have to waste time sorting out which tank got the switcheroo and file a ticket. Very annoying! 

 

I don't care about many of the glitches but this one is a cake topper. Known issue for the entire lifetime of the game. For the love of all that is holy, figure it out and fix this!

 

ChubbyBuckle06 

 

Hello, I'm not aware of any 4.12 aiming issue? Would you mind giving more information on what this is?

 

For the gold, we've addressed that a very long time ago. I checked your account for the month of Feb and there has been no gold spent on anything. 



M4ntiX #6 Posted 15 February 2020 - 11:24 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 32018 battles
  • 4,909
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    03-18-2014

View PostMaxChaos24, on 15 February 2020 - 11:11 AM, said:

 

Hello, I'm not aware of any 4.12 aiming issue? Would you mind giving more information on what this is?

 

For the gold, we've addressed that a very long time ago. I checked your account for the month of Feb and there has been no gold spent on anything. 

 

I think op is referring to the "perceptive loss of accuracy" that so many of us are mysteriously perceiving since update 4.12.

 

So, it's either a very peculiar case of mass hysteria, or you guys actually changed something and are not willing to admit it... or... even worse, aren't aware of the change and the impact it had on accuracy.

 

Point is, guns don't hit the way they used to. Is that something you can investigate, please?


Current game frustration level: ███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒  30%

"No one in history has ever been insulted into agreement." - Arthur Brooks


MaxChaos24 #7 Posted 15 February 2020 - 11:47 AM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 13509 battles
  • 21,456
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View PostM4ntiX, on 15 February 2020 - 06:24 AM, said:

 

I think op is referring to the "perceptive loss of accuracy" that so many of us are mysteriously perceiving since update 4.12.

 

So, it's either a very peculiar case of mass hysteria, or you guys actually changed something and are not willing to admit it... or... even worse, aren't aware of the change and the impact it had on accuracy.

 

Point is, guns don't hit the way they used to. Is that something you can investigate, please?

 

4.12 changed the size of the aiming circle to more closely match the tanks dispersion, it's just a visual circle on the screen and has no impact on actual accuracy. 

PeanutChudder #8 Posted 15 February 2020 - 11:52 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 3306 battles
  • 74
  • [8TH]
  • Member since:
    12-12-2015

View PostMaxChaos24, on 15 February 2020 - 03:47 AM, said:

 

4.12 changed the size of the aiming circle to more closely match the tanks dispersion, it's just a visual circle on the screen and has no impact on actual accuracy. 

 

So I usually side with WG, however on this specific issue many people have said that they have accuracy issues, myself included and only after 4.12. So if it has no impact on actual accuracy, why don't we revert the size of the aiming circle to the pre 4.12 state :)

Wargaming apologist extraordinaire

 


M4ntiX #9 Posted 15 February 2020 - 11:54 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 32018 battles
  • 4,909
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    03-18-2014

View PostPeanutChudder, on 15 February 2020 - 11:52 AM, said:

 

So I usually side with WG, however on this specific issue many people have said that they have accuracy issues, myself included and only after 4.12. So if it has no impact on actual accuracy, why don't we revert the size of the aiming circle to the pre 4.12 state :)

 

I like the new aiming circle size, but I don't like the new accuracy... or that lack of.

Current game frustration level: ███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒  30%

"No one in history has ever been insulted into agreement." - Arthur Brooks


Just An0maly #10 Posted 15 February 2020 - 03:32 PM

    First lieutenant

  • WoTC Online Contributor
  • 33938 battles
  • 805
  • [IMTLZ]
  • Member since:
    08-13-2017

View PostMaxChaos24, on 15 February 2020 - 05:47 AM, said:

 

4.12 changed the size of the aiming circle to more closely match the tanks dispersion, it's just a visual circle on the screen and has no impact on actual accuracy. 

 

Max notes it is a visual effect only, to more closely match the tanks actual dispersions. So, consider this --  deviations owing to RNG or to lag (whether server side or your side) may make misses appear more extreme than previously (especially if you RB/RT, where the tighter appearing reticle bloom may lead you to believe you are more accurate than in reality.)

I don't know -- just a theory. I am tempted to agree with the general sentiment, but then I went and looked at my hit/pen rates and they are seemingly unaffected. 

Edited by Just An0maly, 15 February 2020 - 03:32 PM.


tokyobatman #11 Posted 15 February 2020 - 04:21 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 13128 battles
  • 334
  • [NOPE]
  • Member since:
    08-06-2017

View PostMaxChaos24, on 15 February 2020 - 05:11 AM, said:

 

Hello, I'm not aware of any 4.12 aiming issue? Would you mind giving more information on what this is?

 

For the gold, we've addressed that a very long time ago. I checked your account for the month of Feb and there has been no gold spent on anything. 

 

I think this topic got off track. The person was complaining about gold being taken by WG. It was confirmed that WG did not take the gold. I am amazed at how players beat up WG and then when they find out it was not WG fault.  They just disappear..How about " my mistake let me look more into it Max". 

LiteralComic635 #12 Posted 15 February 2020 - 04:46 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 525 battles
  • 1,713
  • Member since:
    11-21-2016

View PostDwarfOnDrugs, on 15 February 2020 - 10:39 AM, said:

havn’t heard of this issue in about a year.

 

Oddly enough that is about the last time it happened to me. T32 ammo switched to gold from silver. Again it was a small amount, but gold is actual money. I let it go back then. 

 

ChubbyBuckle06 



LiteralComic635 #13 Posted 15 February 2020 - 04:50 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 525 battles
  • 1,713
  • Member since:
    11-21-2016

View PostMaxChaos24, on 15 February 2020 - 11:11 AM, said:

 

Hello, I'm not aware of any 4.12 aiming issue? Would you mind giving more information on what this is?

 

For the gold, we've addressed that a very long time ago. I checked your account for the month of Feb and there has been no gold spent on anything. 

 

Yes, because you looked at this account, LiteralComic and not the actual account I play on, ChubbyBuckle06 xBox One. 

 

Had 17,010 and then had 16,995 or so. Much gold has been deliberately spent on the ChubbyBuckle06 account. 

 

Can you please check out ChubbyBuckle06 for the last 12 hours or so and report what the mystery purchase was? 

 

Thanks!

 

ChubbyBuckle06 



CSW652 #14 Posted 15 February 2020 - 05:21 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 51471 battles
  • 1,320
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostMaxChaos24, on 15 February 2020 - 05:11 AM, said:

 

Hello, I'm not aware of any 4.12 aiming issue? Would you mind giving more information on what this is?

 

For the gold, we've addressed that a very long time ago. I checked your account for the month of Feb and there has been no gold spent on anything. 

 

I don't know about anyone else and I don't know if this is what people are referring too, but quite awhile ago I reported an issue with the auto lock locking onto the ground or other things like walls.  I first noticed it over a year ago while playing the Christmas tanks with my nephew (while he was also falling through the floor), I then noticed it again while playing the T1E6-X1 on Himmelsdorf near the castle back then.  Since the last update it has gotten more frequent and much worse and I now see it on all the tanks I play (high tier/low tier doesn't matter), often in close quarters, but sometimes at a distance as well.  Sometimes have to push the RB several times for it to actually lock on to the tank I want it to.

 

Xbox 1 Elite on a wired connection through Mediacom for the record.



Haukkis #15 Posted 15 February 2020 - 05:24 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 35579 battles
  • 3,330
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

View PostPeanutChudder, on 15 February 2020 - 12:52 PM, said:

 

So I usually side with WG, however on this specific issue many people have said that they have accuracy issues, myself included and only after 4.12. So if it has no impact on actual accuracy, why don't we revert the size of the aiming circle to the pre 4.12 state :)

 

This! There was nothing wrong with the old aiming circle, so why change it? Please revert it to back to old one. Oh, and while you're at it, give us old battle ribbons back, they were much better looking and easier to recognize than the current ones... ;)

SandM9 #16 Posted 15 February 2020 - 05:49 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 33615 battles
  • 3,467
  • Member since:
    08-03-2013

View PostMaxChaos24, on 15 February 2020 - 04:11 AM, said:

 

Hello, I'm not aware of any 4.12 aiming issue? Would you mind giving more information on what this is?

 

For the gold, we've addressed that a very long time ago. I checked your account for the month of Feb and there has been no gold spent on anything. 

 

What exactly was addressed? Certainly not the question, "Why is gold still default for premium ammunition and supplies?" I've been asking off and on for six years so please link to the answer, I must have missed it.

Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

 

 


MaxChaos24 #17 Posted 15 February 2020 - 06:33 PM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 13509 battles
  • 21,456
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View PostLiteralComic635, on 15 February 2020 - 11:50 AM, said:

 

Yes, because you looked at this account, LiteralComic and not the actual account I play on, ChubbyBuckle06 xBox One. 

 

Had 17,010 and then had 16,995 or so. Much gold has been deliberately spent on the ChubbyBuckle06 account. 

 

Can you please check out ChubbyBuckle06 for the last 12 hours or so and report what the mystery purchase was? 

 

Thanks!

 

ChubbyBuckle06 

 

For ChubbyBuckle06. The only small amount of gold spent which is likely what you are referring to is right after you bought the Bat Chat 155 58. You bought 48 gold worth of premium ammo when you initially set up your tanks loadout. I assume for you may have forgotten to switch the currency to silver.



LoganX891 #18 Posted 15 February 2020 - 06:55 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 31382 battles
  • 566
  • [CORVS]
  • Member since:
    05-17-2016

View PostMaxChaos24, on 15 February 2020 - 12:33 PM, said:

 

For ChubbyBuckle06. The only small amount of gold spent which is likely what you are referring to is right after you bought the Bat Chat 155 58. You bought 48 gold worth of premium ammo when you initially set up your tanks loadout. I assume for you may have forgotten to switch the currency to silver.

 

If the default currency was silver you wouldn't have to respond to these kinds of posts. My Lorraine 40t got switched from silver back to gold after an update. I didn't lose gold because I caught the change as I went through a review of tank load outs, but I shouldn't have had to worry about finding a change that I didn't authorize.

 

 


sergeant-slow741 #19 Posted 15 February 2020 - 07:14 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 25526 battles
  • 1,393
  • Member since:
    02-24-2017

View PostMaxChaos24, on 15 February 2020 - 10:33 AM, said:

 

For ChubbyBuckle06. The only small amount of gold spent which is likely what you are referring to is right after you bought the Bat Chat 155 58. You bought 48 gold worth of premium ammo when you initially set up your tanks loadout. I assume for you may have forgotten to switch the currency to silver.

 

Ninja'd
End of passion play, crumbling away I'm your source of self destruction. Veins that pump with fear,sucking darkest clear leading on your death's destruction. Taste me you will see more as you need dedicated to how im killing you.

LiteralComic635 #20 Posted 15 February 2020 - 08:55 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 525 battles
  • 1,713
  • Member since:
    11-21-2016

View PostMaxChaos24, on 15 February 2020 - 06:33 PM, said:

 

For ChubbyBuckle06. The only small amount of gold spent which is likely what you are referring to is right after you bought the Bat Chat 155 58. You bought 48 gold worth of premium ammo when you initially set up your tanks loadout. I assume for you may have forgotten to switch the currency to silver.

 

That, is likely exactly what happened, user error on my part, not a return to the silver to gold update switcheroo. My bad, except for the fact that only Bill Gates, billionaire retired co-founder of Microsoft would want to buy premium ammo with gold. Happy to discover that it was simply your dear customer making an honest mistake buying premium ammo with real money since gold remains the default standard for new tanks. :P

 

I was in a hurry setting up the 155 58 we had been grinding for ages with a whole platoon of buddies waiting! Flowers and the tier ten French arty for Mrs. ChubbyBuckle06 for Valentine's Day! :girl:

 

Can you please explain to the dev's that silver should be the default premium ammo setting?

 

Thanks!

 

ChubbyBuckle06 

 

 

 

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users