About ranked battles (mainly)

General discussion English Ranked battles Modes World of tanks console World of tanks mercenaries Complaint

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

CommanderZac267-x #1 Posted 24 February 2020 - 04:47 AM

Private

• Players
  • 13679 battles
  • [GDI]

DON'T WANNA READ? SCROLL TO BOTTOM TO READ IMPORTANT WORDS. 

I will always hate ranked battles. I always will. This is basically my rant opinion about this mode. 

Firstly, it is stupid. It is. Since people never listen to the support communications. They never seem to work together and you get punished regardless if everyone fails and nobody seems to work together. Your forced to always do platoon when some times you can't, or don't wanna deal with talking, listening nothing. 

Now, the case of arguing its competition whatever or skill and everything but the team play is crucial. Yet why should there be negative or punishment when it can encourage. Especially encourage toxicity, hate, anger, stress, a lot of bad emotions for it. Understand people can still enjoy the game but hate it for horrible punishments. Yet I can deal with silver loss because play your premium tanks or spam them for plenty of silver. Yet when rewards are into play aka loot boxes (they are loot boxes. Spend money for loot, still horrible idea and it needs to go away) that give gold or random tanks. Ya want them. 

When it comes into a moment where your trying, trying, trying. Losing a lot. It doesn't become fun, don't say get gud. Its literally heavily dependent on teams working together. Yet when that doesn't happen, ya forced to take breaks or stop in general of playing for a extremely long period of time. Then never in the mood to play it because of the experience of losing too much. It isn't fun if you lose too much. Many people know this. 

When you finally want to play or something, so many things are time based its just to the point of why play it? then ranked battle ends, you never could take a breather to get to the chests you wanted or rank. It takes a good long period to play again to try again, only when you suddenly lose a lot again. I HIGHLY suggest that stops. Or turn it into a monthly thing rather long periods at a time or even, stop with the negative. Just do no points if lose, something that's better then negative. Like mercenary contracts even. Its extremely annoying to lose it after needing a break. The game literally pushes you to keep playing never ending till you get it. 

Here's the issue I always come across. Lose too much, I stop. Don't play for long period at a time to play something else that makes me enjoy the game. Come back to tanks I immediately regret making progress in it for anything. Or get toxicity peps on me or I say stuff at my TV so nobody in game can hear. I hate a lot of stuff about tanks because of it. Especially told a lot to talk in forums. Best thing devs can hear an see it. When sure, but then ya got people who will argue about anything to counter ya in the forums when I just wanna say what I wanna say with no arguments. Or fighting, or hate, or told to quit, or anything really. As theirs a ton of issues in world of tanks console. we all know it. (Better then ships on console sadly currently) but come on. Don't do good awesome things then take it away, don't make things where its stressful or a lot of issues. 

I will say the game gives gold to people that can earn it, that's a good fair thing but a lot of other stuff it needs to change. I can say the season games would to because of the premium. Unless your smart with it you can gain pretty well. Yet ranked is the most, horrible mode ever. Commander, robot, Christmas, space, even mercenary mode is better. Its all fun an no actual loss. Like the ops in commander mode. That was fantastic. Think can make ranked more fun over hate it and possibly never get the good rewards? After playing a lot in it best ya can or longer period for breaks? 

I will stop before someone complains about how bad I type or text or doesn't understand what I mean. Don't have to understand, can just ignore this or leave this be. I am needed to add this because of many past bad experiences in forums. With adding this opinion is just me saying. I still enjoy the game and wargaming to a good extent and know a lot of stuff that is there, with why it is and reason but give me a bit of a break. I typed a lot of this from annoyance an anger but still stating the truth an opinion rather then trying to fully hate it. 

M4ntiX-x #2 Posted 24 February 2020 - 09:24 AM

Major

• Players
  • 39067 battles
  • [JOCO]
I did scroll and did not find any important words apart from "Report, Quote" and "MultiQuote"... :(

RIP WOTC December 15, 2020 

Current game frustration level: ███████████  110% I quit.

"No one in history has ever been insulted into agreement." - Arthur Brooks

javawocky875-p #3 Posted 24 February 2020 - 09:46 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11228 battles
  • [POLAR]

View PostM4ntiX, on 24 February 2020 - 09:24 AM, said:

I did scroll and did not find any important words apart from "Report, Quote" and "MultiQuote"... :(

TLDR: "woe is me..."

T00_Late_Checkm8-p #4 Posted 24 February 2020 - 10:27 AM

Major

• Players
  • 24306 battles

View PostM4ntiX, on 24 February 2020 - 09:24 AM, said:

ugh!

OP:

Ranked is supposed to be hard.

The game doesn't owe you anything so getting mad at it is pointless especially when it comes to ranked.

Its a mode that requires stoïc grinding till you get to the top.

The whole ordeal becomes very rewarding once you overcome all those things you pointed out and that is exactly why the point system needs to remain the same (i prefer the old scoring tbh) 

By now you are probably not salty about it anymore so you should see things in the correct perspective.

Dont say Ranked is worthless because you din't try hard enough (be honest)

I say Ranked is the best even after a 7 loss streak because it truly tests me.

If you don't like to be tested, don't play Ranked.

Top 3 wishlist: (in this order)

- +1/-1 

- Anonymizer

- Arty getting the old light tank mm

Vampire_Izumi-p #5 Posted 24 February 2020 - 11:09 AM

Major

• Players
  • 32841 battles
  • [VMPIR]

i have to say, ranked was a pain with me shooting regular only wile everyone else was shooting gold rounds. other than that ranked was great :D

the main tanks i saw that dominated were the : Conqueror, E-75, Object 705, M103, T95, Object 257 and AMX 50 150/Emil II

A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence: Tier V > Tier X in that order. 5678910

Ragyoo-p #6 Posted 24 February 2020 - 11:45 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 41340 battles
  • [AP-EX]

Hello,

RB teaches to get uneasily triggered by defeat and finding a path to victory under any circumstances, even when demolished by own team mates.

For example : some tank rush to... own death early, click the map on... YOUR POSITION. Because you're alive and he played better afterall because he is all dead and jealous with a vengeance.

Then AAALL the team is dead and you play your best for the remainder of HP, often, all your precious HP, to suck every last drop of red team hp to climb the losing team's ranking.

Sometimes, you can even hope to win the game one vs many. All tricks allowed ! Even to let the clock go to zero.

Of course this is something I can't help to do on RB WE : clicking the map now and then when I'm dead in disappointment. Lots of people do that. But there are 100 cases on the map and every one of them must be studied carefully when you are still alive, like in a chess game. Don't waste time criticizing poor play.

Spend more time finding the spot where one straw will break the red camel's back.

“We are good lawyers for our own mistakes, and good judges for the mistakes of others.” (Coelho, "Manuscript found in Accra")

“A good, accurate shot is very different from a shot made with peace in your soul” (Coelho, "The archer")

http://twitch.tv/ragy00

Tempest fox3-x #7 Posted 24 February 2020 - 01:25 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 25314 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostT00_Late_Checkm8, on 24 February 2020 - 10:27 AM, said:

ugh!

OP:

Ranked is supposed to be hard.

The game doesn't owe you anything so getting mad at it is pointless especially when it comes to ranked.

Its a mode that requires stoïc grinding till you get to the top.

The whole ordeal becomes very rewarding once you overcome all those things you pointed out and that is exactly why the point system needs to remain the same (i prefer the old scoring tbh) 

By now you are probably not salty about it anymore so you should see things in the correct perspective.

Dont say Ranked is worthless because you din't try hard enough (be honest)

I say Ranked is the best even after a 7 loss streak because it truly tests me.

If you don't like to be tested, don't play Ranked.

Ranked isn't hard though. 

It's a grind. Nothing more nothing less. A boring one at that. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25, Boilermaker, Sentinel AC4 Experimental, M41B Brazil, Obj.416 - In order obtained

Spoiler

T00_Late_Checkm8-p #8 Posted 24 February 2020 - 01:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24306 battles

View PostTempest fox3, on 24 February 2020 - 01:25 PM, said:

Ranked isn't hard though. 

It's a grind. Nothing more nothing less. A boring one at that. 

Not for me. I had a hard time. Besting it felt like an accomplishment and your opinion doesn't change that ;)

Top 3 wishlist: (in this order)

- +1/-1 

- Anonymizer

- Arty getting the old light tank mm

Zathustra-x #9 Posted 24 February 2020 - 02:04 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 31608 battles

I don't care for ranked because it truly depends on your team working together. I played some on 3 days each. Friday (3 hours during the afternoon) Saturday afternoon and Sunday evening. I found that Friday was a complete dud. First I took out an arty for the initial battle which I wound up in the iron league and stayed there all Friday due to the teams I was on. Every team I was on that day had 1 AFK and at least 1 player who (checked the stats after seeing how the teams played) had 8-15 tier 10 tanks and as many tier 9s but had 1,000-3,000 battles PLUS k/d of .32, .27, .43, etc. EVERY TEAM I HAD ON FRIDAY WAS LIKE THAT!!! Saturday was better and I advanced to 15 points from gold in the silver league until the last 3 battles. Sunday was just so-so as it was good and bad teams with one exceptional jerk who managed to die first, had I shot for 49 hp and told the rest of us to delete the game because we were pitiful players (because we lost due to our base being captured) and didn't know how to play the game. He also was the next to last on the team with the last player being afk while everyone else was with 1500-3000 hp and alive-just not fast enough to get back to base or capture the red base.

I also had a heck of a time with lag while trying to play ranked battles so when I made it to the gold league I stopped. It is a grind and as such I used my tier 9's I am grinding to tier 10 for the tier 9 only play to make xp and a few thousand silver a battle ( only lost silver twice for a loss 2500 versus a gain of 700,000). I do prefer the commander mode to the ranked battles.

Tipsy_Sod-p #10 Posted 24 February 2020 - 02:07 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18614 battles
  • [P1MPZ]

Was mostly cruising around in my T95 (12mph or so) 9 times out of 10 i was the last alive and all you would get was incessant clicking of all the dead pro's clicking on a water source telling me to go drown myself.

Then after the game you can see why, they pen maybe 1 or 2 shot's and know their finishing last or 2nd last and blame me or anyone still alive (good logic).

Most games consisted of all the scrubs rushing to their early deaths and became a dog fight for those remaining trying to conserve HP/ flank and out manoeuver the remaining enemies.

Enjoyed RB T9 overall felt a lot easier then T10 to finish top in the top 3 on the winning/losing team preventing damage to the points score, probably due to no tank being able to erase you with 1 shell. 

JAG THE GEMINI-x #11 Posted 24 February 2020 - 02:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 67347 battles
  • [FAUST]

View PostVampire_Izumi, on 24 February 2020 - 12:09 PM, said:

i have to say, ranked was a pain with me shooting regular only wile everyone else was shooting gold rounds. other than that ranked was great :D

Same here.... Gold is just silly :honoring:

My youtube channel:https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

C-O-R-S-A-i-R_ #12 Posted 24 February 2020 - 02:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 40615 battles
  • [PELTS]
This new scoring system is more user friendly because It’s difficult to lose your progress.  Yes, it’s designed to keep you playing for hours, but if people could finish in 2 hours then folks getting off work wouldn’t have anyone to play against and queue times would be super long.   Consistently perform and getting to grandmaster is only a matter of time.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users