War Stories should be Expanded upon

World of Tanks War Stories Feedback Tutorial Update Development Rewards Ops Challenge Wargaming

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Ragnarok_Incarna #1 Posted 04 March 2020 - 03:40 AM

Private

• Players
  • 5898 battles
  • [DTTR]

I'd like to see War Stories get expanded and developed a bit more. I enjoy having the storylines and would like to see them expanded and made more challenging, with more incentives/rewards. It doesn't need to and shouldn't be an efficient way to grind tank lines, but could be a good, alternative way to train up low skill crews. Platooning with a friend, or two, should up the difficulty, both in terms of the number of tanks you face, and their tiers, as well as increase the rewards.

Make each storyline more in-depth and challenging, with it's own Ops and special challenges, both for the Storyline tank and other tanks, eventually culminating with the Storyline tank as a reward with the completion of each story and it's corresponding Ops/Challenges. Even if it's just a reskinned TT tank, it's something to work toward, and that's enough for this guy. The 2506, Emcha, Wormwood, Resistance, Berliner, Rocinante, Petit Tiger, Toska, The Trinity (Mk I), etc. I'd happily grind for all of them, and then some.

War Stories could also provide a wonderful and engaging way to teach players more about the mechanics of the game. Everything from areas with the highest chance of penetration (more that just shooting the side/back vs the front of a tank; where to shoot an angled enemy for best odds of penetration), how to angle and side-scrape, where to shoot to damage modules/kill crew members, and so on.

Whether it be the whole "alternate history" concept or actual historical battles, I'd like to see more of it. Hell, throw in a survival/hoard mode. Mercenary Storylines could give the Merc tanks much-needed back stories and hopefully make them into much less of an annoying, money-grubbing gimmick, as well as actually justifying the goofy name "World of Tanks: Mercenaries."

It's also really nice and relaxing to be able to scratch the World of Tanks itch without having to deal with the headaches of MM and dumb teammates. I think the game needs that outlet for it's players. As a player who's been an avid tanker for around 4 or more years and is becoming increasingly frustrated with the state of multiplayer, I sure as hell appreciate it. 

Just my thoughts.

Edit: I've recently come to find out that War Stories DOES in fact have its own Ops and does reward you with certain crews and 24hr discounts on certain premium tanks. While this is good to see, I still feel that War Stories could be made more immersive, more more educational, more challenging, and more rewarding.

FBPrime #2 Posted 04 March 2020 - 09:10 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 53804 battles
  • [-L7-]
War Stories was abandoned a few years ago.  Possibly in part to the massively negative reception.  Now the Mercenary tree has also been abandoned.  Makes you wonder what will be next.

"The 360 was released in 2005. The Super Nintendo was released in 1991. With the new Gen next year, the 360 will be farther behind the newest console than the Super Nintendo was behind the 360."

PATRIOTICxTBro #3 Posted 04 March 2020 - 09:17 AM

Major

• Players
  • 17855 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostFBPrime, on 04 March 2020 - 01:10 AM, said:

War Stories was abandoned a few years ago.  Possibly in part to the massively negative reception.  Now the Mercenary tree has also been abandoned.  Makes you wonder what will be next.

they rebrand as world of warplanes 
I used to have my stats here but I’d rather make people work to see how crap I am instead. 

xiverisx #4 Posted 04 March 2020 - 10:42 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27562 battles
  • [WEAZL]

Don't think there is any good reason to develop that mode any further from WG and Players sides.

It's nice mode for new players and they can get some free stuff and to train also and that`s good.

Just another WoT Console player on XBOX with a little YouTube channel with my recent gameplays: https://www.youtube.com/xiverisx

Ragnarok_Incarna #5 Posted 04 March 2020 - 10:39 PM

Private

• Players
  • 5898 battles
  • [DTTR]

View PostFBPrime, on 04 March 2020 - 09:10 AM, said:

It's honestly disgusting to watch Wargaming pretend that they care and are trying when they wantonly abandon already half-a$$ed ideas that truly have potential and they only reaction we get from them is a shrug and "Meh, we sorta tried."

They're honestly catering to the lowest common denominator without taking the risks necessary to benefit and breathe new life into the game. They boast about being so profitable and successful while digging in our pockets at every possible turn and convincing us that their sticky fingers are "new content."

xiverisx #6 Posted 05 March 2020 - 07:51 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27562 battles
  • [WEAZL]

View PostRagnarok_Incarna, on 05 March 2020 - 12:39 AM, said:

It's honestly disgusting to watch Wargaming pretend that they care and are trying when they wantonly abandon already half-a$$ed ideas that truly have potential and they only reaction we get from them is a shrug and "Meh, we sorta tried."

They're honestly catering to the lowest common denominator without taking the risks necessary to benefit and breathe new life into the game. They boast about being so profitable and successful while digging in our pockets at every possible turn and convincing us that their sticky fingers are "new content."

Fell better now? :teethhappy:

Just another WoT Console player on XBOX with a little YouTube channel with my recent gameplays: https://www.youtube.com/xiverisx

JelliedPenny08 #7 Posted 05 March 2020 - 03:15 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18622 battles

There was a similar topic up a while back.  

I like warstories. I enjoyed playing them for the daily ops. Still use it sometimes amongst other things for crew training raw crews. 

However without better rewards there is no point. The ops dictate  the volume of repeat use and longevity of the mode. UnLess that is fixed, there is no point in Developing or expanding it. If the rewards will be cut back again in the future then it will only be worth playing short term. Either way, without the rewards it would be a waste of development time. 

SightlessRogue0 #8 Posted 07 March 2020 - 03:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21988 battles

View PostRagnarok_Incarna, on 04 March 2020 - 10:39 PM, said:

I find you unfair in your criticisms. Yes WG is not making a new scenario anymore, but the existing scenario has not been removed and the "storyteller" rewards are still available (11 stages in 800 victories). The plan to add a war story has been successfully completed and is now one of the game options available to players.

In addition to the mercenaries with the contracts, we have had many new TTtank lines in recent years: Italian, Swedish, Chinese, Polish and Premium. The order mode has brought new activities. We had new maps (pilsen, berlin, ice, caen ....). Although I would have preferred the +/- 1 to become permanent, we are all impatient every month for the arrival of the week +/- 1.

Except for the E25, the sexton and the S-pershing, 2 or 3 years ago it was not possible to buy anything other than reskin. You now have access to completely new premiums that you will not find in the TT tree. We also had the reissue of the black tanks, the Limited Edition and the cold-steel series.

The seat mode with certain TD and the artillery barrage mode are interesting new features that allow you to try something else when the boredom sets in.

WG is always working on something to improve or enrich the game, it is not always what we personally want but over time the games are constantly improving.

Edited by SightlessRogue0, 07 March 2020 - 03:27 PM.

I use Google translator for english language

Lots of juggling in french text, sometimes translator in trouble with that. If you do not understand what I write, tell me.

Huncho_Mystic #9 Posted 09 March 2020 - 12:38 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11427 battles
  • [ELDER]

I'd like to see War stories and commander mode quietly go away- maybe roll war stories and training into one mode for new players-

Reason- with a dwindling population the game needs as many people queuing in multiplayer to help alleviate the horrid MM

JelliedPenny08 #10 Posted 09 March 2020 - 12:42 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18622 battles

View PostHuncho_Mystic, on 09 March 2020 - 12:38 AM, said:

I'd like to see War stories and commander mode quietly go away- maybe roll war stories and training into one mode for new players-

Reason- with a dwindling population the game needs as many people queuing in multiplayer to help alleviate the horrid MM

I understand this, but I don't think it is much of an issue. The current rewards are meagre at best and pretty unrewarding compared to multiplayer once the daily ops are exhausted. I don't want to lose multiplayer people to pve modes either. However I do think they can be a temporary refuge for players frustrated with multiplayer. It's better that those players log in to the game for pve and stray into multiplayer, rather than not log in at all.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users