The Russian bias shown in special events crews needs to be balanced out

Russian Bias Crews

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

wake_the_move-p #21 Posted 27 April 2020 - 11:40 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16469 battles
And as I already mentioned this is a derivate of a Russian game. I don‘t expect anything else here. Looking at the very special crews like from the dark horse tanks says everything. Simon Linnet and Bogatyr can be considered the best choices due to their nifty and useful extra perks. Jim White is meh and Karl Kraft‘s ability is pretty underwhelming.  Any other nation even hasn‘t got an special characters featuring unique perks at all. 

ALF EXTREME-x #22 Posted 27 April 2020 - 11:51 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 53057 battles

View PostTornado F4, on 24 March 2020 - 02:40 PM, said:

Something that should be corrected is the way Commanders assigned in most special events are Russian, followed presumably by US. This just adds to the already strong advantage these 2 nations enjoy, as new tt tanks can start out with a 1 skill 99%+ trained crew. For future events Commanders should come from the neglected nations, in proportion to their number of tt tanks, to start rebalancing this. There should be quite a few UK and France Commanders, for example, and a smaller number of Italian and Polish. No more Russian and US until parity is reached.

I checked on the French crews that came with the Christmas Toy tanks, and they have no advantages at all.

I dont get your point any premium or event crew sitting at 100% trained will be cut down to 75% when transferred to a tech tree tank unless you spend gold for 100% . besides unique crews like bogatyr all other premium and event crews are no better than a free crew bumped up to 75% with silver.

I AM KING

and i declare death to all artillery, who will follow me on this righteous quest for freedom

Tornado F4-x #23 Posted 28 April 2020 - 05:45 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15620 battles

View PostALF EXTREME, on 27 April 2020 - 11:51 AM, said:

I dont get your point any premium or event crew sitting at 100% trained will be cut down to 75% when transferred to a tech tree tank unless you spend gold for 100% . besides unique crews like bogatyr all other premium and event crews are no better than a free crew bumped up to 75% with silver.

Russian crews usually come 100% with a '+', ready to train up in skills in any of your two dozen Russian premiums. They take those skills with them when transferred to tt tanks, giving an advantage. Crews of other nationalities usually come with only 75% mastery, requiring more battles before they even start training in skills.

And then there's the blatant imbalance in reward tanks, especially this year. The vast majority are Russian, along with their crews.

Tornado F4-x #24 Posted 28 April 2020 - 05:48 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15620 battles

View Postwake_the_move, on 27 April 2020 - 11:40 AM, said:

And as I already mentioned this is a derivate of a Russian game. I don‘t expect anything else here. Looking at the very special crews like from the dark horse tanks says everything. Simon Linnet and Bogatyr can be considered the best choices due to their nifty and useful extra perks. Jim White is meh and Karl Kraft‘s ability is pretty underwhelming.  Any other nation even hasn‘t got an special characters featuring unique perks at all. 

Belorus is NOT Russia. Besides, WoTC is supposedy developed in the US. Hopefully not by Russians.

wake_the_move-p #25 Posted 28 April 2020 - 08:15 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16469 battles

View PostTornado F4, on 28 April 2020 - 05:48 AM, said:

Belorus is NOT Russia. Besides, WoTC is supposedy developed in the US. Hopefully not by Russians.

1st it’s former Soviet Union and former Warsaw Pact, which 2ndly seems to be reason enough for those Belarus to favor Soviet/Russian tanks. And 3rd the term for Belarus and it‘s inhabitant in my native language is similar to the famous cocktail. „White Russia“ (Weißrussland), resp. „White Russians“ (Weißrussen). Maybe the „-rus“ in Belarrus refers to the same. So - in some particular way, they are also a kind of Russians.

Yes, WoTC is a US company. That‘s why we see nerfs to Russian tanks, albeit some too drastic in my opinion (looking at Obj. 260 / 705 A / 907). We didn‘t see no nerf to the M60 however and only a diminuitive nerf to the T95E6, As a comparison, the T95E6 barely lost 108 dpm, whereas the Obj. 907 lost almost 669. Hell, even the Kampfpanzer lost more dpm during that transition than the T95E6, and that one‘s dpm was not really high before to begin with.

The problem is, original WG has an inherit bias for Soviet tanks, while WGCB wants to negate that plus having their own kind of bias towards US tanks and also partially UK. The result is a total imbalance of power throughout the game with the real losers being the other nations.

Edited by wake_the_move, 02 May 2020 - 09:06 AM.

BlazingSword075-x #26 Posted 28 April 2020 - 06:11 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3992 battles
Curious how Belarus remaned under Russian control. Almost all other countries once occupied and controlled by the Soviets were quick to send the occupying forces home and seek freedom and independence when they got the chance. Is it really down to the name? Or did you remain under the control of one of the Kremlin insiders? If so, he'll be getting old now. Grab freedom when the chance comes.

Also tagged with Russian, Bias, Crews

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users