Please buff amx 30/30b penetration and shell velocity

amx 30 amx 30b medium tanks buff penetration shell velocity

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Amx 30/30b buff (14 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should the Amx 30/30b get their penetration and shell velocity returned to it's former stats?

1. Yes, doesn't hurt the game balance and will make many players happy. (13 votes [92.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 92.86%

2. No, (please state your reason why in the thread as I cannot even think of one) (1 vote [7.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

Vote Hide poll

VORTEXLIFT #1 Posted 26 March 2020 - 12:03 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 15970 battles

Every time someone brings up the performance of PC tanks relative to the Console versions, you guys keep telling us "We are not PC, "We are a different game" yet you continue to uphold many of PC's most unpopular decisions including the nerf to AMX 30/30b penetration and shell velocity. Why??? If you have the freedom to buff/nerf as you see fit without interference from PC........than what is keeping you from giving your players something they've been asking for a long time? Spite? The refusal to admit you made a mistake?

It's a sniper who cannot snipe, it has great accuracy.......but without the ability to penetrate even weakspots of many tier 9s and 10s at long range. Remember, APCR loses penetration with distance, so for a sniper who is going to be shooting at targets from long range, 249mm of penetration is extremely bad............with pen falling to something like 230-220mm at long range. APCR also has poorer normalization against angled armor than AP, which explains why even shells that should pen just don't. Even E-50M and Leopard who have better penetration, shell velocity will experience troll bounces and misses, imagine what's happening to AMX!!!

What is it's intended role? It's not a sniper like leopard because it lacks penetration and shell velocity, It's not a mid range hull down brawler like Patton, and Action x because it lacks turret armor and rate of fire, it's not an all rounder like 430u cause it lacks armor and high alpha, and it's not a sneaky auto loader like batchat, or tvp. With the arrival of the Swedish mediums it's even more forgotten.

Kaboost #2 Posted 26 March 2020 - 01:14 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 15433 battles
  • [JOCO]
Make the 30B cool and unique by letting it go 65 in reverse. Help make it different from the Leopard, could attract more tankers towards it.

Lights tanks need rebalanced(again)

​Update 4.2 and 4.6 were terrible

Vampire_Izumi #3 Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:18 AM

Major

• Players
  • 29145 battles
that tank looked neat until i saw the giant air traffic control tower it had siting on the turret.

A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:

TeichMegagamer #4 Posted 26 March 2020 - 06:49 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 4541 battles
  • [GRAP]

If it gets a buff I'll grind it.

It's just too bad. And the tumor on top doesn't help.

Also starting a petition for:

K-91, Italians, Czechs, LT432, Obj 906, Obj 268 v4, Obj 260, ... damn there really are too many tanks that really deserve rebalancing.

Tips to improve your skill

KilledByPing #5 Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:28 AM

Major

• Players
  • 17391 battles
  • [ENVY]

View PostVORTEXLIFT, on 26 March 2020 - 03:03 AM, said:

Every time someone brings up the performance of PC tanks relative to the Console versions, you guys keep telling us "We are not PC, "We are a different game" yet you continue to uphold many of PC's most unpopular decisions including the nerf to AMX 30/30b penetration and shell velocity. Why??? If you have the freedom to buff/nerf as you see fit without interference from PC........than what is keeping you from giving your players something they've been asking for a long time? Spite? The refusal to admit you made a mistake?

It's a sniper who cannot snipe, it has great accuracy.......but without the ability to penetrate even weakspots of many tier 9s and 10s at long range. Remember, APCR loses penetration with distance, so for a sniper who is going to be shooting at targets from long range, 249mm of penetration is extremely bad............with pen falling to something like 230-220mm at long range. APCR also has poorer normalization against angled armor than AP, which explains why even shells that should pen just don't. Even E-50M and Leopard who have better penetration, shell velocity will experience troll bounces and misses, imagine what's happening to AMX!!!

What is it's intended role? It's not a sniper like leopard because it lacks penetration and shell velocity, It's not a mid range hull down brawler like Patton, and Action x because it lacks turret armor and rate of fire, it's not an all rounder like 430u cause it lacks armor and high alpha, and it's not a sneaky auto loader like batchat, or tvp. With the arrival of the Swedish mediums it's even more forgotten.

I am also convinced that like most of the French tanks the accuracy of AMX 30 and AMX 30B stated in tank stats have nothing to do with actuall acuracy. Even before update 4.12 acuracy fiasco it felt like you playing KV-2 or something like that. Shells were flying all other the place never hitting the target.

VORTEXLIFT #6 Posted 26 March 2020 - 06:22 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 15970 battles

View PostTeichMegagamer, on 25 March 2020 - 11:49 PM, said:

If it gets a buff I'll grind it.

It's just too bad. And the tumor on top doesn't help.

Also starting a petition for:

K-91, Italians, Czechs, LT432, Obj 906, Obj 268 v4, Obj 260, ... damn there really are too many tanks that really deserve rebalancing.

Wargaming doesn't have time to rebalance all those tanks, don't you know they are busy developing reskins of existing tanks to sell as premiums??? Stop being so selfish dude

i KEMPT BUESH

TeichMegagamer #7 Posted 26 March 2020 - 06:32 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 4541 battles
  • [GRAP]

View PostVORTEXLIFT, on 26 March 2020 - 06:22 PM, said:

Wargaming doesn't have time to rebalance all those tanks, don't you know they are busy developing reskins of existing tanks to sell as premiums??? Stop being so selfish dude

I am sorry. Please accept my apologize by taking all my money  @wargaming .

Tips to improve your skill

VORTEXLIFT #8 Posted 27 March 2020 - 12:28 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 15970 battles

View PostTeichMegagamer, on 26 March 2020 - 11:32 AM, said:

I am sorry. Please accept my apologize by taking all my money  @wargaming .

LOL

i KEMPT BUESH

Zorin117 #9 Posted 02 April 2020 - 01:09 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 23228 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

I made a good suggestion about this a few weeks ago by taking the an idea from the PC's version of the STB-1 where it would have a fast firing 360 alpha gun with good pen Ap rounds where it would submit the role of the AMX as a decent passive scouter and would perform ok at range but not ment to be a sniper like the Leo and thus perform quite well in close range with high dpm and bit better reload to out shoot other 105mm meds and where it may possibly use it turrets when hill fighting. Though in my proposal I did forgo a gun depression buff that would make sense to at least 9°.

Funktastic Ed #10 Posted 02 April 2020 - 09:14 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19709 battles

Just revert to the original AMX-30B, we were used to it not having armor, although the gun was pretty unreliable as shells have a crazy tendency to ricochet (joys of default APCR), it was enjoyable, now it's just meh….

If i was in charge of WG development department i would try the game to be as close as reality as possible keepping arcade mechanics in gameplay, but giving tanks thir full known potential.

In this regard AMX-30B should be able to :

-Go as fast on forward direction and backward because it was equipped with a gear inverser, so in theory you should be able to retreat backward at 65km/h, avoiding rear exposure, the theory was to constantly stay out of ennemy effective range combined with better optics and accuracy at very long range..

-It didn't originaly use APCR shells, the OFL 105 F1 only entered in service in 1981 on the enhanced versions (AMX 30-B2)

- And it's HEAT shells should be some of the most accurate ammunition in the game because they were using an original stabilizer technology to enhance trajector.

This gave them better behavior at very long range than regular HEAT (originaly the OCC 105 F1 were made to kill soviet T-55).

Also remember in reality Heat shells are immune to normalization, they are explosives, they trigger on contact they don't bounce.

Edited by Funktastic Ed, 02 April 2020 - 01:41 PM.

"Idiots dare everything, that's how you really know they are."

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users