Jump to content


Here's to hoping that all us Tankers and our loved ones remain safe and healthy...

#StayAtHome

  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

DrivableBeast35 #1 Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:27 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 32655 battles
  • 2,464
  • Member since:
    08-08-2013
I haven't posted much, if at all, for a couple of weeks now. Right about that time, I developed a strange tightness just beneath my sternum that had me quite concerned, for obvious reasons. It appears to be going away. Not quite sure. It seems to get worse in the evenings. Meanwhile, my next door neighbor is on medical quarantine because his co-worker tested positive. My neighbor said he's short of breath just taking out the garbage bins. Not a good sign. He was denied a test though - since he isn't running a fever. This, despite the fact that he has a newborn at home. He's simply supposed to keep his distance from his wife and child for two weeks. I have no idea what the future will bring. And, I certainly haven't ever contemplated my own mortality to such a degree as I have over these last two weeks. Regardless of whether you're a good tanker or a bad one, a curmudgeon or a swell guy, I just want you guys to know that I've got all of you and yours in my prayers. May we all make it out the other end of this tunnel so that we might grind another day.


 


Bibo1GerUk #2 Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:45 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 28682 battles
  • 4,642
  • Member since:
    03-12-2014

Stay safe people and don't be stupid.

If your life doesn't depend on it (holiday, barbers, beauty salon, party, buying non-essentials etc.) then it can wait.


Remember, it's just a game!

My little Youtube channel aka YeOldeGamer: https://www.youtube....xVCaFCLg/videos


IBROX 04 #3 Posted 26 March 2020 - 09:01 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21024 battles
  • 10,320
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    11-10-2014
Stay safe people. 

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

 

 

 


RadiantPup27709 #4 Posted 26 March 2020 - 09:33 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 29095 battles
  • 6,879
  • Member since:
    02-06-2014
I'm a prepper, who lives in the sticks. I'm not worried at all.


tokyobatman #5 Posted 26 March 2020 - 09:43 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 13818 battles
  • 535
  • [NOPE]
  • Member since:
    08-06-2017

View PostBibo1GerUk, on 26 March 2020 - 02:45 PM, said:

Stay safe people and don't be stupid.

If your life doesn't depend on it (holiday, barbers, beauty salon, party, buying non-essentials etc.) then it can wait.

 

Ditto,  please be safe... Tank all day if you can..:great:

PLK180W #6 Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:00 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 61 battles
  • 8,580
  • Member since:
    10-29-2014

Annoyed because I'm stuck indoors with this poxy broken cheekbone and buggered up eye, and having to leave the blokes I'm responsible for facing this without me being there.

I know they can cope without me being there, (they'd probably say they'd cope better without me being there!), but they're not just my crews,  they're my mates.


Through The Mud And Blood To The Green Fields Beyond

gbsman812 #7 Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:07 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 40023 battles
  • 2,918
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostDrivableBeast35, on 26 March 2020 - 03:27 PM, said:

I haven't posted much, if at all, for a couple of weeks now. Right about that time, I developed a strange tightness just beneath my sternum that had me quite concerned, for obvious reasons. It appears to be going away. Not quite sure. It seems to get worse in the evenings. Meanwhile, my next door neighbor is on medical quarantine because his co-worker tested positive. My neighbor said he's short of breath just taking out the garbage bins. Not a good sign. He was denied a test though - since he isn't running a fever. This, despite the fact that he has a newborn at home. He's simply supposed to keep his distance from his wife and child for two weeks. I have no idea what the future will bring. And, I certainly haven't ever contemplated my own mortality to such a degree as I have over these last two weeks. Regardless of whether you're a good tanker or a bad one, a curmudgeon or a swell guy, I just want you guys to know that I've got all of you and yours in my prayers. May we all make it out the other end of this tunnel so that we might grind another day.

 

Thanks my friend you stay safe OK?

radonism #8 Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:36 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 18282 battles
  • 2,109
  • Member since:
    11-08-2014
Stay safe and healthy tankers. And wash those hands!

To Coronavirus, screw you. Hope you disappear soon. Never to be seen again.
  

SmalltalkJava #9 Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:56 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 20121 battles
  • 497
  • Member since:
    11-20-2013
Good health to everyone!

DrivableBeast35 #10 Posted 28 March 2020 - 02:23 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 32655 battles
  • 2,464
  • Member since:
    08-08-2013

View Postradonism, on 26 March 2020 - 02:36 PM, said:


To Coronavirus, screw you. Hope you disappear soon. Never to be seen again.

 

SARS, MERS, Covid-19...unfortunately this unwanted guest has friends.


 


STUART SHERMAN #11 Posted 28 March 2020 - 12:19 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 42820 battles
  • 2,503
  • [FLT]
  • Member since:
    09-10-2013

View PostBibo1GerUk, on 26 March 2020 - 03:45 PM, said:

Stay safe people and don't be stupid.

If your life doesn't depend on it (holiday, barbers, beauty salon, party, buying non-essentials etc.) then it can wait.


I am a disabled retiree and where I live there are a large number of vacation cottages, or Summer homes. We practically live like hermits in the winter here anyway so secluding ourselves is not a huge leap for us. However people seem to think it’s a great time to come up early to open the cabin for the summer. Not only that but it’s a small community and our small stores are not prepared for the influx of folks that decided to essentially go on vacation. :facepalm:
 +1 OP, stay safe. 


                                   

                                                     "Stop it with all the negative waves..."    Oddball


MADBrettZ #12 Posted 28 March 2020 - 10:53 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 23287 battles
  • 2,186
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    07-31-2015

NZ on lock down for another 3 weeks ..... playing WOT & getting dragged outside to do gardening ( Yay!? )

Hope everyone & their families are safe & well.:honoring:

 

Cheers MB



GardogOne #13 Posted 29 March 2020 - 04:16 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 25035 battles
  • 312
  • [-NBD-]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2016

View PostDrivableBeast35, on 26 March 2020 - 08:27 PM, said:

I haven't posted much, if at all, for a couple of weeks now. Right about that time, I developed a strange tightness just beneath my sternum that had me quite concerned, for obvious reasons. It appears to be going away. Not quite sure. It seems to get worse in the evenings. Meanwhile, my next door neighbor is on medical quarantine because his co-worker tested positive. My neighbor said he's short of breath just taking out the garbage bins. Not a good sign. He was denied a test though - since he isn't running a fever. This, despite the fact that he has a newborn at home. He's simply supposed to keep his distance from his wife and child for two weeks. I have no idea what the future will bring. And, I certainly haven't ever contemplated my own mortality to such a degree as I have over these last two weeks. Regardless of whether you're a good tanker or a bad one, a curmudgeon or a swell guy, I just want you guys to know that I've got all of you and yours in my prayers. May we all make it out the other end of this tunnel so that we might grind another day.

 

 

Thank you!



DrivableBeast35 #14 Posted 01 April 2020 - 07:04 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 32655 battles
  • 2,464
  • Member since:
    08-08-2013

View PostMADBrettZ, on 28 March 2020 - 02:53 PM, said:

NZ on lock down for another 3 weeks ..... playing WOT & getting dragged outside to do gardening ( Yay!? )

Hope everyone & their families are safe & well.:honoring:

 

Cheers MB

 

The U.S. seems headed towards lockdown until at least May 1. On a positive note, that's lots of time to grind tanks.


 


SaltyMcD #15 Posted 01 April 2020 - 07:27 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 23303 battles
  • 3,046
  • [GUARD]
  • Member since:
    12-21-2016
God bless everyone       even arty . 

redshadowrider #16 Posted 02 April 2020 - 12:33 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 38279 battles
  • 8,697
  • Member since:
    03-17-2014
Good health to you all.  I am in the high risk category due to age, so am in self imposed lock down.  I know that many who get it have light symptoms, but I don't want to find out what I would get.  
I'm just saying.....

Joco3000 #17 Posted 02 April 2020 - 12:53 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 27300 battles
  • 28,929
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View PostDrivableBeast35, on 28 March 2020 - 02:23 AM, said:

 

SARS, MERS, Covid-19...unfortunately this unwanted guest has friends.

 

I don't think SARS and MERS have been issues for some time now, although it's possible that they can be issues again thanks to certain cultural practices.

 

It's the slew of undiscovered coronaviruses that is the bigger issue, I'd had thought.

 

Still, I just hope this one blows over soon. Most countries seem to be handling this quite well, although they did stumble at first.

Should be good to go if there happen to be any more in the future.


You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas


STUART SHERMAN #18 Posted 02 April 2020 - 02:46 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 42820 battles
  • 2,503
  • [FLT]
  • Member since:
    09-10-2013

I’m on at least two weeks lock down. Turns out I may have been exposed by some idiot that knew they were sick and went into the local store I was in last Sunday. Now the guy’s in the hospital on a ventilator. 
If you are sick or think you have been exposed please stay home FFS. 

 


                                   

                                                     "Stop it with all the negative waves..."    Oddball


Potato QQ #19 Posted 02 April 2020 - 03:32 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 23464 battles
  • 5,799
  • Member since:
    04-15-2014

View PostSaltyMcD, on 01 April 2020 - 11:27 AM, said:

God bless everyone       even arty . 

 

Stay safe everyone.

Rusted Rails #20 Posted 02 April 2020 - 04:31 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 13201 battles
  • 3,893
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014
Who would have ever thought that a handshake could kill you?  Wash your hands..Stay well.  




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users