What ammo is best to use in Strv m/42 and 74?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

LadyTanker #1 Posted 26 March 2020 - 11:25 PM

Major

• Players
  • 5867 battles
I have the Strv m-42 fully upgraded and noticed it doesn't have apcr. I'm using the more expensive ap shells, but I was wondering if I should be using HE for this one? I'm not sure if it's the same with the Strv 74 too, but just asking in advance for when I get there. 

Joco3000 #2 Posted 27 March 2020 - 12:10 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 27300 battles
  • [JOCO]

I'd avoid using the HE, or at least only carry a small amount.

Stick to mostly the normal AP rounds, with a decent amount of premium AP for trickier situations.

Premium AP rounds are not overly common, but the Japanese tanks use it the most. Treat them as if they were normal premium APCR rounds almost, just with the advantages of AP rounds.

You also get a few tanks using APHE rounds, like the SU-100Y and ISU-130. These rounds are functionally AP rounds in-game, but they get lower penetration and higher damage, much like a HE shell. No splash though.

There's also a few tanks with HEAT standard, for what it's worth.

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

choppermeir #3 Posted 27 March 2020 - 10:06 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 10916 battles
  • [FILTH]

HE isn't worth carrying in either of those tanks. To be honest you'll rarely need the premium round as they have very good penetration for their tier. They're not derp guns just have derpy handling lol.

You could carry 2 HE for arty or light skinned tanks but I didn't bother when o ground through them. I actually enjoyed both of those tanks as well

Streaming over on http://www.twitch.tv/choppermeir 

Cyrex005 #4 Posted 27 March 2020 - 03:23 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 11477 battles
  • [BNKR]
Just got to the Leo last night. For both the 42 and 74 I ran mostly Standard and, as long as it wasnt over 50%, 20 rounds of Premium for when I'm two tiers down. But even then rarely used the Premium rounds. Also, I got more bottom tier matches when I was stick or the first package and was mostly top tier once fully upgraded. Thought that was weird.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users