Jump to content


WG, is this intentional? Swedish mediums aiming mechanic.

bug? feature?

  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

M4ntiX-x #1 Posted 02 April 2020 - 01:01 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 35710 battles
  • 5,756
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    03-18-2014

Dear WG,

can you please tell us if this is intentional? I have recently unlocked first of the three new Swedish mediums with hydropneumatic suspension, and I can't stand the delay on aiming. It feels like input lag and is only there when ADSing, both zoomed in and out. It's very annoying, no other tank in the game behaves this way. Is this intentional?

 

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/m4ntix/video/92322336

 

Another thing is the transition between siege and travel mode. Why is it so jerky? On PC the transition is so fluid you can barely notice it, on console the whole reticle jumps up or down. Same thing happens when I try to move the tank while aiming in siege mode, the gun will not remain on target but instead will jump in a random direction.

 

I gave the Swedish line a go, but it feels so unpolished and buggy I think I will leave it for now. The new mechanic, while very cool, is so unreliable it gets me killed when I try to peek ridges. It only works when the vehicle is perfectly stationary and that's no good for a medium tank that needs to be versatile. Thanks.


Current game frustration level: ████▒▒▒▒▒▒  40%

"No one in history has ever been insulted into agreement." - Arthur Brooks


John-berg1995-p #2 Posted 02 April 2020 - 07:50 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 13445 battles
  • 3,630
  • [CIA]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015

View PostM4ntiX, on 02 April 2020 - 01:01 AM, said:

Dear WG,

can you please tell us if this is intentional? I have recently unlocked first of the three new Swedish mediums with hydropneumatic suspension, and I can't stand the delay on aiming. It feels like input lag and is only there when ADSing, both zoomed in and out. It's very annoying, no other tank in the game behaves this way. Is this intentional?

 

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/m4ntix/video/92322336

 

Another thing is the transition between siege and travel mode. Why is it so jerky? On PC the transition is so fluid you can barely notice it, on console the whole reticle jumps up or down. Same thing happens when I try to move the tank while aiming in siege mode, the gun will not remain on target but instead will jump in a random direction.

 

I gave the Swedish line a go, but it feels so unpolished and buggy I think I will leave it for now. The new mechanic, while very cool, is so unreliable it gets me killed when I try to peek ridges. It only works when the vehicle is perfectly stationary and that's no good for a medium tank that needs to be versatile. Thanks.

I'm 99% sure I heard it was intentional in Wargamings YouTube video. 

 

After a while it feels quite natural. I actually really like the new aiming mode. it's not instant but if it was instant it wouldn't feel like a siege mode. 

 

Idk. I like it. About all I can say. 



Rubbelito-x #3 Posted 02 April 2020 - 07:57 AM

    Major

  • WoTC Community Contributor
  • 28119 battles
  • 9,159
  • [IMTLS]
  • Member since:
    02-04-2016

You should've tried them before Tuesdays fix...lol

 



Geordie P-x #4 Posted 02 April 2020 - 08:07 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 25788 battles
  • 1,524
  • [W4NKR]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014
It's not just those tanks you mention, everything I've played recently seems to be a bit clunky when toggling zoom / zoomed in. It's almost like they want us to use auto-aim for some reason.

Here's some meaningless stats for you to shame me with... Have at it.


MaxChaos24-x #5 Posted 02 April 2020 - 11:16 AM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 13933 battles
  • 22,332
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View PostM4ntiX, on 01 April 2020 - 09:01 PM, said:

Dear WG,

can you please tell us if this is intentional? I have recently unlocked first of the three new Swedish mediums with hydropneumatic suspension, and I can't stand the delay on aiming. It feels like input lag and is only there when ADSing, both zoomed in and out. It's very annoying, no other tank in the game behaves this way. Is this intentional?

 

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/m4ntix/video/92322336

 

Another thing is the transition between siege and travel mode. Why is it so jerky? On PC the transition is so fluid you can barely notice it, on console the whole reticle jumps up or down. Same thing happens when I try to move the tank while aiming in siege mode, the gun will not remain on target but instead will jump in a random direction.

 

I gave the Swedish line a go, but it feels so unpolished and buggy I think I will leave it for now. The new mechanic, while very cool, is so unreliable it gets me killed when I try to peek ridges. It only works when the vehicle is perfectly stationary and that's no good for a medium tank that needs to be versatile. Thanks.

 

Yes, that is how all the siege mode tanks work as you have an independent camera that's separate to the barrel, just like 3rd person view. You don't control the barrel like normal tanks. 

M4ntiX-x #6 Posted 02 April 2020 - 11:33 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 35710 battles
  • 5,756
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    03-18-2014

View PostMaxChaos24, on 02 April 2020 - 11:16 AM, said:

 

Yes, that is how all the siege mode tanks work as you have an independent camera that's separate to the barrel, just like 3rd person view. You don't control the barrel like normal tanks. 

 

Ah ok, that makes sense. It kind of does feel like aiming in 3rd person when ADS. I guess I will just have to get used to it. It's similar to what aiming on PC feels like anyways. Thanks Max!

Current game frustration level: ████▒▒▒▒▒▒  40%

"No one in history has ever been insulted into agreement." - Arthur Brooks


redshadowrider-x #7 Posted 02 April 2020 - 12:08 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 39732 battles
  • 8,912
  • Member since:
    03-17-2014

View PostMaxChaos24, on 02 April 2020 - 05:16 AM, said:

 

Yes, that is how all the siege mode tanks work as you have an independent camera that's separate to the barrel, just like 3rd person view. You don't control the barrel like normal tanks. 

 

Any reason that after hundreds of tanks WG thought it would be a good idea to make an unnecessary change?  Oh I forgot....its WG.
I'm just saying.....

MaxChaos24-x #8 Posted 02 April 2020 - 12:32 PM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 13933 battles
  • 22,332
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View Postredshadowrider, on 02 April 2020 - 08:08 AM, said:

 

Any reason that after hundreds of tanks WG thought it would be a good idea to make an unnecessary change?  Oh I forgot....its WG.

 

What unnecessary change? If you are talking about the aiming, it's absolutely necessary as it's what lets the hull raise or lower to make use of the suspension system. If you were just controlling the barrel like normal than you'd be restricted to the standard yaw and pitch limits and the suspension would never raise or lower. 

SlagInGristle-x #9 Posted 02 April 2020 - 12:43 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 40308 battles
  • 4,138
  • [6SIC6]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostMaxChaos24, on 02 April 2020 - 12:32 PM, said:

 

What unnecessary change? If you are talking about the aiming, it's absolutely necessary as it's what lets the hull raise or lower to make use of the suspension system. If you were just controlling the barrel like normal than you'd be restricted to the standard yaw and pitch limits and the suspension would never raise or lower. 

Swedish tanks work differently - hence the different “mode”  read up on Swedish tanks and how that philosophy works - ahead of its time as now turrets tend to be unmanned. Just to elaborate for the readership. 



redshadowrider-x #10 Posted 02 April 2020 - 12:59 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 39732 battles
  • 8,912
  • Member since:
    03-17-2014

View PostMaxChaos24, on 02 April 2020 - 06:32 AM, said:

 

What unnecessary change? If you are talking about the aiming, it's absolutely necessary as it's what lets the hull raise or lower to make use of the suspension system. If you were just controlling the barrel like normal than you'd be restricted to the standard yaw and pitch limits and the suspension would never raise or lower. 

I reread what OP wrote, and if he is referring to the action of moving into siege mode, then I agree with you.  That's how it works and I have used it successfully.  If, he means something different, then I will let him explain.  Sorry Max, if I misread his statement.

 


I'm just saying.....

natedaishmaster-x #11 Posted 02 April 2020 - 06:41 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 28835 battles
  • 731
  • [IMTLS]
  • Member since:
    07-29-2014

View PostRubbelito, on 01 April 2020 - 11:57 PM, said:

You should've tried them before Tuesdays fix...lol

 

 

Did they actually fix the crazy reticle bouncing? I didn't see it anywhere in the update notes. I stopped playing the tanks because it was so annoying. I'll have to give them another shot if they're fixed

 


3 MOE: Hellcat, Lycan, Sp1C, T20, M41 Bulldog, Motherland, STA 1, T95E2, Pershing, AMX 50 100, AMX 13 90, T54ltwt, T49, RU251, M46 Patton, Type 61, Leopard PTA, T54, E50, Batchat AP, Skoda T50, Centurion 7/1, Sharpshooter, T10, Conquerer, AMX 13 105, Sheridan, T-100LT, RHM PZW, M60, Chisel, M48 Patton, Leopard 1, E50M, Obj 140, Batchat 25t, TVP 50/51, AMX 50B, Valour, IS7, Super Conqueror, The Machine, Chieftain, FV215B, T110E4


animatethant-x #12 Posted 02 April 2020 - 07:16 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 89582 battles
  • 7,706
  • Member since:
    04-07-2014
Hmmnnn ... Been playing the udes 16 yesterday and today ... Feels much better ... Not sure if that's in my head or what.


Rubbelito-x #13 Posted 02 April 2020 - 07:29 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Community Contributor
  • 28119 battles
  • 9,159
  • [IMTLS]
  • Member since:
    02-04-2016

View Postnatedaishmaster, on 02 April 2020 - 07:41 PM, said:

 

Did they actually fix the crazy reticle bouncing? I didn't see it anywhere in the update notes. I stopped playing the tanks because it was so annoying. I'll have to give them another shot if they're fixed

 

 

Yep, there was a fix, and it's working pretty well imo.

 

High tier Swedish Mediums: Stabilized the aiming reticle while in Siege Mode.

http://forum-console...66#entry4962066



natedaishmaster-x #14 Posted 02 April 2020 - 09:42 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 28835 battles
  • 731
  • [IMTLS]
  • Member since:
    07-29-2014

View PostRubbelito, on 02 April 2020 - 11:29 AM, said:

 

Yep, there was a fix, and it's working pretty well imo.

 

High tier Swedish Mediums: Stabilized the aiming reticle while in Siege Mode.

http://forum-console...66#entry4962066

 

Ah I looked for that but it wasn't up when I looked earlier today. Thanks

3 MOE: Hellcat, Lycan, Sp1C, T20, M41 Bulldog, Motherland, STA 1, T95E2, Pershing, AMX 50 100, AMX 13 90, T54ltwt, T49, RU251, M46 Patton, Type 61, Leopard PTA, T54, E50, Batchat AP, Skoda T50, Centurion 7/1, Sharpshooter, T10, Conquerer, AMX 13 105, Sheridan, T-100LT, RHM PZW, M60, Chisel, M48 Patton, Leopard 1, E50M, Obj 140, Batchat 25t, TVP 50/51, AMX 50B, Valour, IS7, Super Conqueror, The Machine, Chieftain, FV215B, T110E4






Also tagged with bug?, feature?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users