Bug hack? what else?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

SlagInGristle-x #1 Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:21 PM

Major

• Players
  • 40308 battles
  • [6SIC6]

Just had a game where a A44 and a heavy tank both were invisible. They would show on the map but could not be seen even after being killed no wreckage. 

They killed me and around 5 other tanks as everyone became aware of what was happening. WG I have screen shot of player manifest and communicated with my team that I’d post this. 

BrogueOne-p #2 Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:24 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 24860 battles
  • [ELDRZ]
Well? Where’s the screenshot? If you’re gonna report a bug.... report it right.

SlagInGristle-x #3 Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:29 PM

Major

• Players
  • 40308 battles
  • [6SIC6]

View PostBrogueOne, on 08 April 2020 - 06:24 PM, said:

Well? Where’s the screenshot? If you’re gonna report a bug.... report it right.

I will give it directly to WG. The IS-2 seemed to know he was invisible. I don’t want to slander anyone.  Maybe it’s a bug or maybe someone is very very clever. 

beardyboy23 #4 Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:31 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 17042 battles
  • [HI5]

View PostSlagInGristle, on 08 April 2020 - 01:29 PM, said:

I will give it directly to WG. The IS-2 seemed to know he was invisible. I don’t want to slander anyone.  Maybe it’s a bug or maybe someone is very very clever. 

What would be the slander if you are posting something that actually happened?   Or, what you thought was happening really wasn’t happening, but proof of the event is the best way for others to provide their thoughts.   Either way, its not slander.   

MaxChaos24-x #5 Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:33 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 13949 battles
  • [WGW]
Hello, you can post the screenshot and I'll watch replay of the battle. :honoring:

SlagInGristle-x #6 Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 40308 battles
  • [6SIC6]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 08 April 2020 - 06:33 PM, said:

Hello, you can post the screenshot and I'll watch replay of the battle. :honoring:

Says file is too big

MaxChaos24-x #7 Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:42 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 13949 battles
  • [WGW]
Also, are you saying you couldn't see them when you were alive or were you dead at the time? This makes a big difference. 

SlagInGristle-x #8 Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:43 PM

Major

• Players
  • 40308 battles
  • [6SIC6]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 08 April 2020 - 06:42 PM, said:

Also, are you saying you couldn't see them when you were alive or were you dead at the time? This makes a big difference. 

they remained invisible while alive and when killed no wreckage at all. 

I couldn’t see them when I was alive ( I tried ) and then watched the other tanks also not see them - 2 different tanks. So I watched from the other players perspective. I’ve never seen this before if it’s normal. 

MaxChaos24-x #9 Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:47 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 13949 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostSlagInGristle, on 08 April 2020 - 02:43 PM, said:

they remained invisible while alive and when killed no wreckage at all. 

I couldn’t see them when I was alive ( I tried ) and then watched the other tanks also not see them - 2 different tanks. So I watched from the other players perspective. I’ve never seen this before if it’s normal. 

Just tell me what tank you were in and what map. The only game I found that has an A-44 and IS-2M in it was on Pearl river but no one was invisible and none of your team had any problems shooting and killing them. 

SlagInGristle-x #10 Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:50 PM

Major

• Players
  • 40308 battles
  • [6SIC6]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 08 April 2020 - 06:47 PM, said:

Just tell me what tank you were in and what map. The only game I found that has an A-44 and IS-2M in it was on Pearl river but no one was invisible and none of your team had any problems shooting and killing them. 

that’s it - the t-69 I mentioned it to him - and the TD also couldn’t see them... I never saw them. That is the game. 

Thanks Max. 

MaxChaos24-x #11 Posted 08 April 2020 - 07:03 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 13949 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostSlagInGristle, on 08 April 2020 - 02:50 PM, said:

that’s it - the t-69 I mentioned it to him - and the TD also couldn’t see them... I never saw them. That is the game. 

Hello, I'm not sure what you remember seeing but I'd suggest watching the replay. What you're describing isn't what happened in that particular match. 

• Ferdinand: No issues aiming and shooting them. Just got flanked and nothing he could do. 
  • T69: No issues aiming, shooting and killing the T-44. They just lost the battle against the IS-2M but has no issues aiming and shooting him. 

I do believe they were invisible to you, but not your teammates as you were in spectator mode. This happens due to radio range and the enemy tank info isn't being sent to the spectator cam.

II NO x VICE II #12 Posted 09 April 2020 - 03:46 AM

Major

• Players
  • 41138 battles

Max - to  your multiple responses - this has been an issue for me for a while now. See the links posted below.

It also happens with me at least a few times across say 5-10 games where I aim for a tank and it disappears just as my reticle lands on it. Then crazily, it reappears a few seconds later.on the other side - as if there was a wormhole. This is not a case of a tank stopping and camo activating three seconds later. It just happens fluidly in the game with moving tanks that just disappear and re-appear . 

I do understand how spotting works and the fact that someone else spots it for me etc. But in many of these situations, my team mates can see and will actually fire on enemy before I will see the tank a second or two later.

Here is a recent example: https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/ii-no-x-vice-ii/video/76663420

Here is an example where the tank that was moving in on me should have been spotted by me first, but it spotted me first: https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/ii-no-x-vice-ii/video/93100966

Here is the IS3 example that I created a thread about: https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/ii-no-x-vice-ii/video/75748340

(Note that the camo math does not add up here - this is within 300 mtrs for the light - there is no way an IS3 - a heavy can simply disappear for a light unless he was stationary for 3 seconds to engage camo rating at rest)

Here is another bug (while/if I have your ear) - perhaps this is a server delay - but this still happens sometimes: https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/ii-no-x-vice-ii/video/73886306

This is an issue that has been in game for a while now, at least for me. I think the spotting mechanics are, for the lack of a better term .. spotty. I needs to be investigated.

:honoring:

Haukkis-x #13 Posted 09 April 2020 - 09:38 AM

Major

• Players
  • 37683 battles

View PostII NO x VICE II, on 09 April 2020 - 04:46 AM, said:

Max - to  your multiple responses - this has been an issue for me for a while now. See the links posted below.

It also happens with me at least a few times across say 5-10 games where I aim for a tank and it disappears just as my reticle lands on it. Then crazily, it reappears a few seconds later.on the other side - as if there was a wormhole. This is not a case of a tank stopping and camo activating three seconds later. It just happens fluidly in the game with moving tanks that just disappear and re-appear . 

I do understand how spotting works and the fact that someone else spots it for me etc. But in many of these situations, my team mates can see and will actually fire on enemy before I will see the tank a second or two later.

Here is a recent example: https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/ii-no-x-vice-ii/video/76663420

Here is an example where the tank that was moving in on me should have been spotted by me first, but it spotted me first: https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/ii-no-x-vice-ii/video/93100966

Here is the IS3 example that I created a thread about: https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/ii-no-x-vice-ii/video/75748340

(Note that the camo math does not add up here - this is within 300 mtrs for the light - there is no way an IS3 - a heavy can simply disappear for a light unless he was stationary for 3 seconds to engage camo rating at rest)

Here is another bug (while/if I have your ear) - perhaps this is a server delay - but this still happens sometimes: https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/ii-no-x-vice-ii/video/73886306

This is an issue that has been in game for a while now, at least for me. I think the spotting mechanics are, for the lack of a better term .. spotty. I needs to be investigated.

That's interesting. I also had one enemy E-75 disappearing right in front of me in a distance of less than 200m. No problem however as I was able to blind-fire and kill him :) There was no bush between us and my commander wasn't dead or anything, he just disappeared without no logical reason. That was weird. Hey Max, if you wanne check that situation it was game few days ago, maeby Monday or Tuesday, map was Pearl River and I was platooned with a friend, wilia, we both we're using E-75. 

MaxChaos24-x #14 Posted 09 April 2020 - 11:15 AM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 13949 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostII NO x VICE II, on 08 April 2020 - 11:46 PM, said:

Recent example - nothing wrong here. There were tons of trees that broke the spot, so he went back to being hidden and if you look at your range finder he move passed the max spotting range of 445m so couldn't be spotted after coming out from behind the trees.

Next one - Not seeing anything wrong here. Looks like you spotting each other at the same time. 

IS3 - Nothing wrong here either. A heavy can be coming within 300 meters of a light tank and easily stay hidden due to the camo bonus provided by the tree. 

MaxChaos24-x #15 Posted 09 April 2020 - 11:30 AM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 13949 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostHaukkis, on 09 April 2020 - 05:38 AM, said:

That's interesting. I also had one enemy E-75 disappearing right in front of me in a distance of less than 200m. No problem however as I was able to blind-fire and kill him :) There was no bush between us and my commander wasn't dead or anything, he just disappeared without no logical reason. That was weird. Hey Max, if you wanne check that situation it was game few days ago, maeby Monday or Tuesday, map was Pearl River and I was platooned with a friend, wilia, we both we're using E-75. 

That E-75 was behind tons of bushes (Bamboo is a bush and provides concealment) and that E-75 was also equipped with a camo net. The M103 tracked him as you were rolling up the hill, his camo net activated after 3 seconds and became unspotted by the time you got there. 

II NO x VICE II #16 Posted 09 April 2020 - 04:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 41138 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 09 April 2020 - 06:15 AM, said:

Recent example - nothing wrong here. There were tons of trees that broke the spot, so he went back to being hidden and if you look at your range finder he move passed the max spotting range of 445m so couldn't be spotted after coming out from behind the trees.

Next one - Not seeing anything wrong here. Looks like you spotting each other at the same time. 

IS3 - Nothing wrong here either. A heavy can be coming within 300 meters of a light tank and easily stay hidden due to the camo bonus provided by the tree. 

For your 1st assertion - my spotting cone is extended way past the TD. Why is my spotting maxed out at 445m? He is moving and behind the bushes 100% of the time when I keep him spotted (in this case, strangely, he is not getting any camo benefit from all the threes and bushes, even at 400mtrs out). At precisely the time (00:15) he moves out of cover, he disappears for me. Moving full speed and my detection cone is way past him. If you were new to this game, what would you think?

For the 2nd - an Arty (fat, slow tank with far inferior spotting, mobility and traverse), and one that was was moving, was able to stay undetected, then detect me, turn and aim and fire at me - all in about two-three seconds. It is just one-two seconds slower than my turret lock on him. What about the BC shell that just landed about 4 seconds later right near me. How did he manage to train on me so fast? The tank I am in is a very capable spotter. Yet you still think there is nothing wrong with this?

I am inclined to think that tanks were being spotted earlier, perhaps by the medium next to me, but did not appear on my screen (issue in game). The enemy could see me as well and distant Arty/TD had time to aim at me, near Arty had already position to almost be in line with me. At the time the first Arty appeared, the server allowed the TD to come up at the same time on my screen, not before. My Detected! alert should have gone off earlier than it did.

For the third - why is the bonus camo not applied to me as well? Heavy was not at the trunk of the tree and I am far away enough for the branches to give me a better camo boost - my multiplier is way higher higher than his. Plus I am at rest - he is the one that is moving. If I was moving, or if he was at rest for 3 seconds, I might concede to your point.

Your assertion is also ignoring the facts here:

• at 0:04 the heavy is 295 mtr away and I fire at him
  • His turret is towards me, my SS does not go off (meaning he did not see me after my camo got reduced due to the shot)
  • He continues to move in my direction - the distance is decreasing (not increasing, as in the first example)
  • At 0:09 - 259 Mtrs, he disappears That is five seconds from my shot and he is about 35 mtrs closer me
  • At 00:14, my SS goes off. I zoom out and start to back up
  • At 00:18, when he fires, I finally see him but at a different location (evidence he did continue to move, so his at rest camo or net should not have come into play at least between 00:09 upto 00:12)
  • At 00:20, I train my gun at him and he is 222 mtrs from me. However, I have backed up a bit and I believe he must have been about 200 mtrs from me. Undetected!
  • He went from 259 mtrs to 200 mtrs from me and remained undetected until he fired. How do you explain that?

The only way to support your conclusion is to acknowledge that a moving heavy-heavy within 250 mtrs will completely outdo the superior camo and spotting of lights.

Or we could consider that there might be a sporadic issue that needs to be looked into.

Edited by II NO x VICE II, 09 April 2020 - 04:40 PM.

MaxChaos24-x #17 Posted 09 April 2020 - 04:56 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 13949 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostII NO x VICE II, on 09 April 2020 - 12:39 PM, said:

For your 1st assertion - my spotting cone is extended way past the TD. Why is my spotting maxed out at 445m? He is moving and behind the bushes 100% of the time when I keep him spotted (in this case, strangely, he is not getting any camo benefit from all the threes and bushes, even at 400mtrs out). At precisely the time (00:15) he moves out of cover, he disappears for me. Moving full speed and my detection cone is way past him. If you were new to this game, what would you think?

For the 2nd - an Arty (fat, slow tank with far inferior spotting, mobility and traverse), and one that was was moving, was able to stay undetected, then detect me, turn and aim and fire at me - all in about two-three seconds. It is just one-two seconds slower than my turret lock on him. What about the BC shell that just landed about 4 seconds later right near me. How did he manage to train on me so fast? The tank I am in is a very capable spotter. Yet you still think there is nothing wrong with this?

I am inclined to think that tanks were being spotted earlier, perhaps by the medium next to me, but did not appear on my screen (issue in game). The enemy could see me as well and distant Arty/TD had time to aim at me, near Arty had already position to almost be in line with me. At the time the first Arty appeared, the server allowed the TD to come up at the same time on my screen, not before. My Detected! alert should have gone off earlier than it did.

For the third - why is the bonus camo not applied to me as well? Heavy was not at the trunk of the tree and I am far away enough for the branches to give me a better camo boost - my multiplier is way higher higher than his. Plus I am at rest - he is the one that is moving. If I was moving, or if he was at rest for 3 seconds, I might concede to your point.

Your assertion is also ignoring the facts here:

• at 0:04 the heavy is 295 mtr away and I fire at him
  • His turret is towards me, my SS does not go off (meaning he did not see me after my camo got reduced due to the shot)
  • He continues to move in my direction - the distance is decreasing (not increasing, as in the first example)
  • At 0:09 - 259 Mtrs, he disappears That is five seconds from my shot and he is about 35 mtrs closer me
  • At 00:14, my SS goes off. I zoom out and start to back up
  • At 00:18, when he fires, I finally see him but at a different location (evidence he did continue to move, so his at rest camo or net should not have come into play at least between 00:09 upto 00:12)
  • At 00:20, I train my gun at him and he is 222 mtrs from me. However, I have backed up a bit and I believe he must have been about 200 mtrs from me. Undetected!
  • He went from 259 mtrs to 200 mtrs from me and remained undetected until he fired. How do you explain that?

The only way to support your conclusion is to acknowledge that a moving heavy-heavy within 250 mtrs will completely outdo the superior camo and spotting of lights.

Or we could consider that there might be a sporadic issue that needs to be looked into.

1 - That's not your spotting cone, that's your View range. Your view range can go past 445, spotting doesn't. 

2- You spotted him instantaneously as he came around rock and you were both very close to either. How fast a tank is or size has no bearing in this situation. Both instantly lit up.  You had to wait until he was spotted to know where he was before you could aim at him. The TD also came around a rock and was instantly spotted. Why was he aimed at you? You were capping the base so everyone knows where you are, the base, so they were all pre-aimed there. There is an entire hill and bunker between that medium and other tanks, he has 0 chance to spot anything from there. 

3. It is, the IS-3 didn't spot you it was the other tank to your right that spotted you. 

Again, a Heavy could easily get within 200 meters due to the concealment that a tree/bush provides even while moving. They provide great concealment and your camo has no impact on being able to see him, it's only your view range that impacts that. Your concealment is only for determining when you get spotted, and you weren't spotted by the IS-3, it was the other tank. 

II NO x VICE II #18 Posted 09 April 2020 - 06:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 41138 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 09 April 2020 - 11:56 AM, said:

1 - That's not your spotting cone, that's your View range. Your view range can go past 445, spotting doesn't. 

2- You spotted him instantaneously as he came around rock and you were both very close to either. How fast a tank is or size has no bearing in this situation. Both instantly lit up.  You had to wait until he was spotted to know where he was before you could aim at him. The TD also came around a rock and was instantly spotted. Why was he aimed at you? You were capping the base so everyone knows where you are, the base, so they were all pre-aimed there. There is an entire hill and bunker between that medium and other tanks, he has 0 chance to spot anything from there. 

3. It is, the IS-3 didn't spot you it was the other tank to your right that spotted you. 

Again, a Heavy could easily get within 200 meters due to the concealment that a tree/bush provides even while moving. They provide great concealment and your camo has no impact on being able to see him, it's only your view range that impacts that. Your concealment is only for determining when you get spotted, and you weren't spotted by the IS-3, it was the other tank. 

What is the purpose of showing the "view cone" beyond 445 mtrs? Can you provide an example where there is a benefit to the player? It looks like what is needed instead is that there should be a second dotted line at 445 mtrs out and then shaded green portion can expand and contract within it. If what we see in game matched the behind the scenes mechanics, this game would be better served long term.

I will concede the first example - with two caveats - it is a bit dicey/borderline in the way it happened. And it does not explain why at 400mtrs out, the camo by all of those trees, branches and trunks did not give him the same benefit that the heavy got with only thin twigs barely covering him in under 250 mtrs.

For the second, the reason I mention mobility is that they had to be looking at me already due to the rapidness with which they shot at me. Due to the fact they are slow tanks to aim, they had already started to aim at me prior to my Detected! going off. I do not need to wait to spot/see them for it to go off.  But that is what seemed to have happened. 

For the third, it seems incredulous that a moving heavy within 225 mtr can remain undetected. I play heavies and I do not believe I have ever not been spotted within 250mtrs of any light in game. You are taking a "possibility" and applying it as if it should happen happens regularly, nothing to see here etc. I do not think that is the case.

Also, for me being spotted, there are three trees, bushes and a hut to my right. The heavy at F5 is going downhill at full speed, it could be probably 380-400+ mtrs out. The heavy at F7 (also farther out than the IS-3) is also moving and has two trees, bushes and a hut between him and me when SS goes off. If he was the one then the heavy in front of me is getting the benefit of some thin twigs while I am getting zero camo benefit (in a light tank) from an abundance of the very same things to my right side. 

Edit: To Max, I will cease responding after this - I do not want to risk a warning with breaking forum rules about addressing moderators. etc. Thanks for your attempts to answer away. I will start to collect better examples to show you the problems I see almost every session. 

Edited by II NO x VICE II, 09 April 2020 - 06:11 PM.

Haukkis-x #19 Posted 09 April 2020 - 10:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37683 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 09 April 2020 - 12:30 PM, said:

That E-75 was behind tons of bushes (Bamboo is a bush and provides concealment) and that E-75 was also equipped with a camo net. The M103 tracked him as you were rolling up the hill, his camo net activated after 3 seconds and became unspotted by the time you got there. 

Oh. I didn't remember that there was Bamboo but I'll take your word for it, thanks for checking it :) Hmm... why would anyone use Camo Net on E-75 is being my understanding... However, your last sentence is not quite how it happened. I was already on that small hill, aiming at him when he disappeared right in front of my eyes. At least that's how it happened in my game, haven't watched replay myself yet. Sadly I didn't record a videoclip... :(

Edited by Haukkis, 09 April 2020 - 10:40 PM.

beardyboy23 #20 Posted 11 April 2020 - 02:52 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 17042 battles
  • [HI5]

View PostHaukkis, on 09 April 2020 - 05:37 PM, said:

Oh. I didn't remember that there was Bamboo but I'll take your word for it, thanks for checking it :) Hmm... why would anyone use Camo Net on E-75 is being my understanding... However, your last sentence is not quite how it happened. I was already on that small hill, aiming at him when he disappeared right in front of my eyes. At least that's how it happened in my game, haven't watched replay myself yet. Sadly I didn't record a videoclip... :(

Constantly see players with camo net on heavies.   Gotta hide that Maus and Type 5 somehow...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users