The Stubbs NEEDS a Buff

Stubbs Balance Buff

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

haydonut421-x #1 Posted 05 May 2020 - 03:04 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15618 battles

The Stubbs is easily the worst tier 5 in the game. If they released the tanks stats, I would not be surprised if this tank had about a 45% win rate, and about 200 average dmg. Anyone who plays it knows just how frustrating it is and it should be a fun tank. If it was at tier 4, it would be decent, which shows just how bad it is. I always have fun platooning in this tank with a friend or two, but that fun goes away whenever it is a close game and we lost because we were in terrible tanks. 

Gun:

Most derp guns like this at tier 5 have about 3000 dpm when firing HE. The Stubbs has under 1800. 1800 is good for a tank that can pen every shot, but the Stubbs tends to do around 30 damage a shot when you don't pen. This gives the tank a dpm of around 200 to more heavy targets and 400 to more lightly armored tanks. A tier 1 tank has about 800 dpm so it is a serious problem when a tier 5 has half or a quarter of that dpm. If the HE rounds are that bad, then you might just think to fire AP instead. The premium AP has about 91mm of penetration, which for a tier 5 derp gun, is a little below average. You can pen most tier 5 lights, mediums, and TDs with these rounds, but not too much beyond that. however, when you fire these rounds, your dam goes to about 1200, which is the same as most tier 3s. The gun is also quite inaccurate and has poor shell velocity so it is very difficult to even hit a target at a range. In short, this gun is worse than any gun on a tier 4 tank, and this tank is at tier 5.

Mobility:

So if the gun is terrible it must be pretty fast right? Nope. With a top speed of only 60kph, a traverse speed of only 39 deg/sec, and a very disappointing power to weight ratio of about 25hp/ton means it is pretty much the slowest tier 5 light too.

Survivability

As for most tier 5 lights, the armor is negligible, and the health is average for a tier 5 light. It is bad at all of the big 3.

Strengths:

I can only think of 3 good things about it:

1. It has 370m view range, which is pretty decent.

2. it has 9 degrees of gun depression, which is pretty good too.

3. It looks neat.

It is too slow and large to active scout and use that 370m view range, so passive scouting is the only good way to use the view range. This means the only way you can be any help to your team is to sit in a bush the entire battle and be only a passive scout, but on a lot of maps, there are not any good spots to passive scout, so it is basically useless on those maps. 

I have been in a platoon of four of these tanks, been rushed by one Pz V/IV and we all died simply because our unbelievably bad dpm. Any platoon of tier 4 tanks could have won that fight rather easily. A Stubbs does around 40 dmg a shot to the hull of the Pz V/IV meaning the 4 of us have about 1000 dpm combined. that will take us almost a minute of constant firing to kill one Pz V/IV which is the same tier as the Stubbs. Any other 4 man platoon of tier 5 lights could kill the tank in under 10 seconds.

I have proposed these changes to make it at least slightly better and more profitable.

• Increase AP damage from 180 to 220

• Increase HE damage from 280 to 330

• Increase HE penetration from 44 to 60

• Increase standard AP penetration to 91mm, basically making them identical to the premium rounds in terms of penetration.

• Remove premium AP rounds

• Increase rpm from 6.32 rpm to 8.5 rpm.

​The gun really is the root problem with the Stubbs. Buffing the dpm is the best way to improve this tank and make it at least somewhat useful. With a good gun, it could be played as sort of a fast medium or similar to a t49 with a derp gun, but with the current gun, that simply isn't possible. To be honest, this is a pretty minor change and the tank would still probably be subpar with these changes, but it is a good start.

Vampire_Izumi-p #2 Posted 05 May 2020 - 03:33 AM

Major

• Players
  • 31823 battles
  • [VMPIR]

i do find it funny that the alecto has almost double the Rof with this gun and its a tier lower.

stubbs

6.32 RoF

Alecto

10.53 RoF

also, this tank will probably never be buffed, it got nerfed a few updates ago.

the RoF was decreased from 8.57 to 6.32.

Edited by Vampire_Izumi, 05 May 2020 - 03:37 AM.

A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence: Tier V > Tier X in that order. 5678910

Vampire_Izumi-p #3 Posted 05 May 2020 - 03:40 AM

Major

• Players
  • 31823 battles
  • [VMPIR]

video and stats of the old Stubbs.

xKingTidusx-x #4 Posted 05 May 2020 - 04:03 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 12294 battles
  • [XRAUT]
I think it wasn't even good when it was released, there were much better tier 5 light out there and still they nerferd the tank.

Vampire_Izumi-p #5 Posted 05 May 2020 - 04:08 AM

Major

• Players
  • 31823 battles
  • [VMPIR]

View PostxKingTidusx, on 05 May 2020 - 01:03 PM, said:

I think it wasn't even good when it was released, there were much better tier 5 light out there and still they nerferd the tank.

ya, the tank was more of a novelty than competitive. but even then like the Slapjack, they destroyed the novelty,  with the nerf.

barely seeing tier 3 tanks kinda destroyed it aswell now.

Edited by Vampire_Izumi, 05 May 2020 - 04:10 AM.

Also tagged with Stubbs, Balance, Buff

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users