• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

MaxChaos24 #1 Posted 05 May 2020 - 05:53 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 13777 battles
  • [WGW]

Hello everyone!

MaxChaos24 here and I am the Gameplay Expert for World of Tanks: Valor. 

Before introducing a new tank line into the game, our design team balances these vehicles to fit into the Console ecosystem. Based on community feedback, after a Tech Tree line is introduced, we will follow up with a quick overview of their performance shortly after their release to make sure they are performing as expected with their current balance and make any tweaks if necessary.

The newest tank line added was on March 17 which was the introduction of the high-tier Swedish Medium line featuring the Hydropneumatic Suspension.  Now that a month has passed and plenty of battles have been played, it is time to take a quick look to see how they are performing. Were the changes we made good, bad, do they need further adjustments, let's find out!

Battles and Win Rate

UDES 14 Alt 5

• Battles played: 932,382 averaging 18,648 battles per day
  • Average Win Rate: 50.978%

UDES 16

• Battles played: 604,896 averaging 12,089 battles per day
  • Average Win Rate: 52.619%

UDES 15/16

• Battles played: 194,651 averaging 3,896 battles per day
  • Average Win Rate: 54.841%

As you can see, the UDES 16 and the UDES 15/16 average win rate is fairly high. Let's see who is playing these tanks.

Popularity

UDES 14 Alt 5

• The skill level of players using this tank is slightly higher than the normal skill distribution with the most battles being played by 51% Win Rate players. This reflects why the average win rate is 50.978%.

UDES 16

• The skill level of players using this tank is higher than the normal skill distribution with the most battles being played by 51% Win Rate players. This reflects why the average win rate is 52.619%.

UDES 15/16

• The skill level of players using this tank is much higher than the normal skill distribution with the most battles being played by 53% Win Rate players. This reflects why the average win rate is 54.841%.

Win Rate by Skill Level

Now let us take a look at how the Win Rate of the Tank lines up with the Skill level of players using it. As we can see, neither of these 3 tanks is letting the user win more or less than their skill level and are performing as expected. 

UDES 14 Alt 5

UDES 16

UDES 15/16

Summary:

After reviewing the performance of the UDES 14 Alt 5, UDES 16, and UDES 15/16, we are happy with their current state of balance. We will continue to monitor their performance as more players pick up these tanks and use them.

See you on the battlefield!

Maximos92 #2 Posted 21 May 2020 - 12:48 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 17409 battles
  • [IMTLZ]
Quite the shadow of themselves compared to PC, shame really. 

Will Iam302 #3 Posted 21 May 2020 - 01:18 PM

Private

• Players
  • 15664 battles
  • [TRND0]
Splish splash those tanks are trash.

prionsarebad #4 Posted 21 May 2020 - 01:18 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 48489 battles

View PostMaximos92, on 21 May 2020 - 12:48 PM, said:

That may be, but on console i really enjoy the 10 and i think its pretty good. The 8 was also a good, sneaky spotter.....kinda like a Swedish Obj416. The tier 9 I really didn't like and I went straight to fully upgraded. YMMV.

BrogueOne #5 Posted 21 May 2020 - 01:20 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 24342 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostMaximos92, on 21 May 2020 - 12:48 PM, said:

Yet they clearly perform within acceptable parameters(according to WG’s metrics).  It’s almost as if knowing what a tank’s weaknesses and strengths are can inform good tactics and competent play in a tank even if “it’s not the same as PC”.

Maximos92 #6 Posted 21 May 2020 - 01:29 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 17409 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostBrogueOne, on 21 May 2020 - 01:20 PM, said:

Yet they clearly perform within acceptable parameters(according to WG’s metrics).  It’s almost as if knowing what a tank’s weaknesses and strengths are can inform good tactics and competent play in a tank even if “it’s not the same as PC”.

Playing well in a tank doesn't make it good. The tanks are still not all that great regardless of how competent people play them. 

BrogueOne #7 Posted 21 May 2020 - 01:55 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 24342 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostMaximos92, on 21 May 2020 - 01:29 PM, said:

Playing well in a tank doesn't make it good. The tanks are still not all that great regardless of how competent people play them. 

Good/not good is a mostly subjective experience when the rest of the data shows they’re performing as-expected.  However, I have zero interest in the high tier Italians simply because they just don’t seem like fun to manage..... yet some folks love them(some).

Kesselschlachtt #8 Posted 21 May 2020 - 02:58 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16665 battles
  • [VITAL]

The win rate doesn't mean that much to me, because from what I've seen these are tricky tanks to play and the subpar players are probably more likely to give up on them leaving only the better players playing this tank.  I think a more useful matrix would be the damage/game these tanks are doing compared to other mediums at their tier.  There is still some bias to it because again, I feel like better players are playing this tank, but at least we would have a comparative to other mediums that better players are also playing.

The one thing I would like to see is the siege mode made manual and not automatic.  I've been slowly working on the UDES 14 Alt 5 (I'm literally working 8 lines right now, which I will admit is not a good practice), and my only real compliant is when I line up a shot then all of the sudden the tank drops on me and the barrel goes all over the place. 

Kellen8100 #9 Posted 21 May 2020 - 03:05 PM

Major

• Players
  • 35002 battles
  • [TRND0]

View PostKesselschlachtt, on 21 May 2020 - 10:58 AM, said:

The win rate doesn't mean that much to me, because from what I've seen these are tricky tanks to play and the subpar players are probably more likely to give up on them leaving only the better players playing this tank.  I think a more useful matrix would be the damage/game these tanks are doing compared to other mediums at their tier.  There is still some bias to it because again, I feel like better players are playing this tank, but at least we would have a comparative to other mediums that better players are also playing.

The one thing I would like to see is the siege mode made manual and not automatic.  I've been slowly working on the UDES 14 Alt 5 (I'm literally working 8 lines right now, which I will admit is not a good practice), and my only real compliant is when I line up a shot then all of the sudden the tank drops on me and the barrel goes all over the place. 

Just have to keep in my mind higher win rate is not equal to better player. There are so many factors that influence win rate. Damage would be a better indicator.

Have you played the Swedish TD line? I’d say the one saving grace is that the switch to siege mode is automatic. Without it, the tanks would be unplayable kinda like the tank destroyer line.

IllDesert Fox #10 Posted 21 May 2020 - 03:10 PM

Private

• Players
  • 3974 battles
I kind of like the tier VIII one but the Turret has barely anyway to bounce any shots. Would be nice to actually use the suspension on the tank in more places. Besides that this line looks pretty cool but I’m in no rush to get to tier X with it.

MaxChaos24 #11 Posted 21 May 2020 - 03:17 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 13777 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostKesselschlachtt, on 21 May 2020 - 10:58 AM, said:

For the damage output by skill level compared to the same Tier Mediums:

• Tier X: UDES 15/16: Average with it being slightly above at various skill levels, but only above by <50 damage.
  • Tier IX: UDES 16: Above average for all skill levels but only by <50 damage.
  • Tier VII UDES 14 Alt 5: Above average for low skill levels but by less than 50 damage. Around the 50% skill level and above it's right on the baseline. 

CrucialCrossout #12 Posted 21 May 2020 - 03:20 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34503 battles
  • [KMD]

Okay this is where we should stop and not care what WG is doing with the game. Sadly gameplay expert isn't much of an expert it's a sad reality that we must live until they get new workers or the current employees realize they are wrong and perhaps should reevaluate way their decisions making. Common sense is gone if you are "Game Expert" you'll realize a list of this.

1) Blueberries and below won't have therefore the tank looks " Balance"

2) Can't compare new tanks with current tanks since crew skill are much lower on new tanks

3 Gameplay expert please get a great player to work alongside with you and together y'all be able to make a balance and enjoy game for everyone.

CrucialCrossout #13 Posted 21 May 2020 - 03:25 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34503 battles
  • [KMD]
Just like to point something else out most super Uni stop playing there 3mark tanks and also keep improving as a player therefore there new tanks stats will continue to look amazing. To many factors in wot to truly understand the tanks unless you play at high level and spend actually hours understanding the game,maps,meta and tanks.

RaunchyWallaby #14 Posted 21 May 2020 - 04:24 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9784 battles
  • [SKB]
Are they ever going to fix the reticle spazzing out all over the place when the hull depresses in siege mode? It doesn't happen every time, but it's incredibly annoying when it does

MaxChaos24 #15 Posted 21 May 2020 - 04:38 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 13777 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostRaunchyWallaby, on 21 May 2020 - 12:24 PM, said:

Are they ever going to fix the reticle spazzing out all over the place when the hull depresses in siege mode? It doesn't happen every time, but it's incredibly annoying when it does

They are looking at designing a new aiming system to improve upon the current system to make the hull smarter to prevent the gun from hitting the pitch limits which causes it to do that. :honoring:

Ghost Eight #16 Posted 21 May 2020 - 04:38 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 21877 battles
  • [Y-RNG]

View PostMaximos92, on 21 May 2020 - 07:29 AM, said:

Koneko Da Best #17 Posted 21 May 2020 - 04:43 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29922 battles
  • [KMD]
Swedish mediums are mediocre at best this whole thread is nonsense your balancing methods have been incorrect for years and you guys still can't see that with quite literally 90% of the skilled players telling you a line is trash and you guys just act like we're crazy. Only decent balance change made over the course of over 3+ years is nerfing the waffle and keep in mind that's one positive change over an absurd amount of time. Fact is your balance department isn't quite up to par compared to PC and yet you guys insist on being different from a version of the game that is superior in player numbers for a reason. :sceptic:

Jiveturkey o #18 Posted 21 May 2020 - 04:44 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 28131 battles
Thx max keep up the good work!

"For a pessimist, i'm pretty optimistic"

CrucialCrossout #19 Posted 21 May 2020 - 05:05 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34503 battles
  • [KMD]
Do you WG think that we want the game to end up dead ? We give you constructive criticism and tell how to improve not cuz we hate WG or you it's because we love this game and want it to live forever. Guess that's difficult to understand. I try to give you money but I won't because it's going to  waste ! It's not going towards getting better employee's or listening to the people that care. I would spend $100 a month or more if this game was in a better gamestate and sure a lot more people would.

Reveered_v2 #20 Posted 21 May 2020 - 05:11 PM

Private

• Players
  • 367 battles
  • [-IX-]
Garbage accuracy and dpm,  the tank is funny because gun depression. If you put two equal skilled players, one in Udes 15/16, another is just about any other tier 10 medium. I guarantee the Udes loses almost every time. Only the progetto and 907 would maybe lose. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users