Swedish Mediums - Follow up Review

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Ghost Eight #21 Posted 21 May 2020 - 05:14 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 21877 battles
  • [Y-RNG]
I agree, I dolike the tanks but they do feel a little lacking. But you can work around it.

When the tanks first came out I was excited, after playing them i was kinda median. But I believe if I would have given them more time I would be a lot better with them.

But on the other hand why take the time to play and learn tanks when they get changed anyways.
Most (NOT ALL) of the tanks that get changed are the ones people have spent the time to learn how to play them. learning the strengths and weaknesses. Play where they can take advantage of the strength and try avoiding the weaknesses.

But a lot of people mistakenly think that it is tank that is OP, where usually thats not the case. Its because that person has learned how to play it.

I'm sure I will catch some snide remarks over this, but I saw this post and was bored  but about half way through what I wanted to say, then I realized I wasn't bored enough to finish it. Because it don't matter anyway. Lol.

Just frustrated at game at the moment. Roll the dice event is stupid. Why take out the RNG completely? How about dial it down? From 25 to 15. The result of taking RNG completely out is everyone throws premium rounds. So it beats the point. But that's a different forum thread.

Dial down RNG to 15, make +1-1 matchmaking Doing that will eliminate the need for premium rounds and get rid of them all together.

Pontiac Pat #22 Posted 21 May 2020 - 05:43 PM

Major

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 27402 battles
  • [47R]
Thank you for the brief status report on these new-ish tanks.  I agree that they feel balanced overall.  That being said, the gun bounce issue is a major one.  The easy way to fix it would be to stiffen the suspension any time the tank enters siege mode so there isn't any rocking.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

Pit Friend #23 Posted 21 May 2020 - 05:58 PM

Major

• Players
  • 36063 battles
  • [PTATO]
Is there any way they can be changed to make the suspension switchable like it is with the TDs? I really dislike the automatic system they have now.  Not only is the switching sound constantly going off when you’re trying to creep move but the aiming reticle jumps wildly if you happen to cross the magic 20 KpH boundary while trying to poke over a ridge or around a corner. 

I don’t know how to act my age! I’ve never been this old before!

Kesselschlachtt #24 Posted 21 May 2020 - 06:04 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16665 battles
  • [VITAL]

View PostKellen8100, on 21 May 2020 - 03:05 PM, said:

Just have to keep in my mind higher win rate is not equal to better player. There are so many factors that influence win rate. Damage would be a better indicator.

Have you played the Swedish TD line? I’d say the one saving grace is that the switch to siege mode is automatic. Without it, the tanks would be unplayable kinda like the tank destroyer line.

Not always, but there are not hard vast rules to any of this.  But like your signature shows, a good player will carry games more often than a bad player.

Kesselschlachtt #25 Posted 21 May 2020 - 06:06 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16665 battles
  • [VITAL]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 21 May 2020 - 03:17 PM, said:

For the damage output by skill level compared to the same Tier Mediums:

• Tier X: UDES 15/16: Average with it being slightly above at various skill levels, but only above by <50 damage.
  • Tier IX: UDES 16: Above average for all skill levels but only by <50 damage.
  • Tier VII UDES 14 Alt 5: Above average for low skill levels but by less than 50 damage. Around the 50% skill level and above it's right on the baseline. 

Now see, to me that is more interesting, and useful.

Do we have graphs of this?

Edited by Kesselschlachtt, 21 May 2020 - 06:13 PM.

Kellen8100 #26 Posted 21 May 2020 - 06:16 PM

Major

• Players
  • 35002 battles
  • [TRND0]

View PostReveered_v2, on 21 May 2020 - 01:11 PM, said:

Garbage accuracy and dpm,  the tank is funny because gun depression. If you put two equal skilled players, one in Udes 15/16, another is just about any other tier 10 medium. I guarantee the Udes loses almost every time. Only the progetto and 907 would maybe lose. 

Name looks pretty familiar...

IEnjoythissee #27 Posted 21 May 2020 - 07:16 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 72925 battles
Is now a good time to mention there are a LOT of players that don't want armoured CARS. Oh I forgot lots of players have been asking for them. :facepalm:

Vampire_Izumi #28 Posted 21 May 2020 - 10:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 30090 battles
  • [APACH]

Tier 8: did decent in but would rather be in any other tier 8

Tier 9: hated it, would rather be in any other tier 9

tier 10: fun tank, but wish it had PC specs

A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence: Tier V > Tier X in that order. 5678910

HobosLoveHam #29 Posted 21 May 2020 - 11:01 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20139 battles
  • [FENCE]
I wasn't a big fan of the 14 alt 5 because of its paper armor but its tier 8 so I expected that. The 9 I like so far but I still don't like the siege mode because just like the tds is very glitchy and unresponsive but still fun to play more fun that the swedish tds imo

Crazyfatguy87 #30 Posted 22 May 2020 - 12:00 AM

Private

• Players
  • 34146 battles
  • [ASYLM]
I swear they don't play their own game. If the tanks are only being played by the better players in your game there is something wrong with the tanks

BUCKWHEAT l #31 Posted 22 May 2020 - 12:06 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 19119 battles
  • [GOONS]

View PostKoneko Da Best, on 21 May 2020 - 09:43 AM, said:

Swedish mediums are mediocre at best this whole thread is nonsense your balancing methods have been incorrect for years and you guys still can't see that with quite literally 90% of the skilled players telling you a line is trash and you guys just act like we're crazy. Only decent balance change made over the course of over 3+ years is nerfing the waffle and keep in mind that's one positive change over an absurd amount of time. Fact is your balance department isn't quite up to par compared to PC and yet you guys insist on being different from a version of the game that is superior in player numbers for a reason. :sceptic:

+1

Ragyoo #32 Posted 22 May 2020 - 12:51 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32235 battles
  • [AP-EX]

Hello,

Ok I adopted the medium hydrosuspension mechanics because I have to do my daily double on the UDES 16 & because nobody else will grind for me the HÖG variant and unlock the tier X, but never really feel comfy with it.

TsprinTs #33 Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:06 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 41826 battles

How do you consider the Skill Level of the players? Do you look at their Win Rate at a particular Tier or just overall win rate.

Just keep in mind there are tons of low tier seal clubbers with a mid 50s% Win rate when they play low tier only, and drops to 40s% mark when they play anything above tier 8.

SALTenacious #34 Posted 22 May 2020 - 03:11 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 10467 battles
Lol the 15/16 id the biggest disappointment of a tier 10 I’ve had in this game

Our ideas hold no water yet we use them as a dam

atwilliams07 #35 Posted 22 May 2020 - 06:02 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34581 battles

View PostCrazyfatguy87, on 22 May 2020 - 10:00 AM, said:

I swear they don't play their own game. If the tanks are only being played by the better players in your game there is something wrong with the tanks

Not sure how you jumped to that conclusion.  If higher skilled players are drawn to these tanks, it probably means the unique advantages of the tank require a higher skill level.   For example, you have to know what you are doing to play low armour tanks, but once you can read the game and act accordingly, they can be rewarding.  Your sub-50% WR player is not going to reliably do this and thus will play an "easier" tank.

Fierce Swe #36 Posted 22 May 2020 - 09:43 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 27965 battles
  • [BAJS]

View PostSALTenacious, on 22 May 2020 - 03:11 AM, said:

Lol the 15/16 id the biggest disappointment of a tier 10 I’ve had in this game

Agree! Way to low shell velocity and poor penetration. Tier 8 is garbage, tier 9 is ok, tier 10 is trash. My worst tier 10 medium tank. win rate doesn't tell how a tank performs!!!

Compare gun stats, shell velocity, penetration etc! That's what matters.....

Uv LIGHTz #37 Posted 22 May 2020 - 10:24 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17649 battles
  • [-RTC-]
In all honestly they need a lil buff. Just like alot of other tanks which I won't go into detail because I'm sure the community has stated them countless times.

MaxChaos24 #38 Posted 22 May 2020 - 10:49 AM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 13777 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostCrazyfatguy87, on 21 May 2020 - 08:00 PM, said:

Hello, one thing to remember is that this is a newer line. Our hardcore players are the first ones to get these tanks as they have the Free XP to jump right into them. New lines are always played by predominately higher skilled players due to this. Average players generally just continue grinding whatever line they are working on and won't explore the new lines until it suits them later on.

This is what the summary at the bottom is referring to when it was mentioned that we'll continue to monitor as other players start trying out the line. Assuming something is wrong with the tanks due to who is playing them is not always the best conclusion to jump too, there is usually a reason for it. If you're curious about why the data says what it says, you just have to ask! More than happy to help clarify what the data is reflecting and the reasons behind it. :honoring:

MaxChaos24 #39 Posted 22 May 2020 - 11:06 AM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 13777 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostPontiac Pat, on 21 May 2020 - 01:43 PM, said:

Thank you for the brief status report on these new-ish tanks.  I agree that they feel balanced overall.  That being said, the gun bounce issue is a major one.  The easy way to fix it would be to stiffen the suspension any time the tank enters siege mode so there isn't any rocking.

Thanks! We've received feedback in the past about not following up on TT lines after adding them so this is something we want to do moving forward so if there are any balance issues they can be addressed soon after release. For the suspension, I commented on their earlier that we are looking to improve this. We agree that it can and should be improved. 

View PostPit Friend, on 21 May 2020 - 01:58 PM, said:

Is there any way they can be changed to make the suspension switchable like it is with the TDs? I really dislike the automatic system they have now.  Not only is the switching sound constantly going off when you’re trying to creep move but the aiming reticle jumps wildly if you happen to cross the magic 20 KpH boundary while trying to poke over a ridge or around a corner. 

This is unlikely as the siege system being automatic is the main "thing" for this line. 

View PostTsprinTs, on 21 May 2020 - 10:06 PM, said:

How do you consider the Skill Level of the players? Do you look at their Win Rate at a particular Tier or just overall win rate.

Just keep in mind there are tons of low tier seal clubbers with a mid 50s% Win rate when they play low tier only, and drops to 40s% mark when they play anything above tier 8.

Overall win rates and based on only recent data (Usually nothing older than 3 months). 

Crazyfatguy87 #40 Posted 22 May 2020 - 11:50 AM

Private

• Players
  • 34146 battles
  • [ASYLM]
My conclusion is this, a new tank line should draw attention from most of the players base, especially when it adds a new or unique game play element to the game, the fact that only the better players stick with the line means that there is something that makes the line less desirable for the average player and the win rate reflects that. It basically looks like the slightly above average plays gets the 8 and 9 but quits at the 10 that's why only the players that have a 54% or higher continue to play the 10. I mean why would you play the tier 10 when you have the 48 patton that has better pen, better gun handling, better dpm, more veiw range and good depression for a tank that only really gets higher alpha and 3 degree s of gun depression in only select situation or somthing like the chisel which only loses 2 degrees of gun depreesion but had a better overall gun 

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users