Jump to content


Swedish Mediums - Follow up Review


  • Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

King 0f K0ngs #41 Posted 22 May 2020 - 12:16 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 15884 battles
  • 74
  • Member since:
    07-04-2013
How in the world are these tanks balanced? The tier 8 and 9 have the worst dpm in their class. Mobility is lackluster at best. How do they fit the ecosystem of the game? Balance is all over the place. There is a reason why we hardly see any of the newer tanks being played. They don't compete with the older tanks in game.


Haukkis #42 Posted 22 May 2020 - 12:18 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 36720 battles
  • 3,740
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015
Tier X UDES rate of fire and accuracy should be buffed. Not on the same level that it has on PC but something like 5.85 rounds per minute and 0.36 accuracy. Tier 8 and 9 are okay imo. That's my two cents.

Elric II #43 Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:49 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 37857 battles
  • 13
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016

I don't understand why the chisel was nerved because of it's win-rate, while the tier x udes keeps untouched with the same...

 



CostlessSun07 #44 Posted 22 May 2020 - 04:24 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 31603 battles
  • 679
  • Member since:
    02-23-2014
So far my experience with the Swediums has been a lot of disappointment.  I do not think they have added to the game.

Edited by CostlessSun07, 22 May 2020 - 04:24 PM.


VexedRedneck #45 Posted 22 May 2020 - 04:55 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 31247 battles
  • 13
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

I enjoy the 15/16 , but hated the t8 and t9.  Funny thing about this tank I havent seen anyone really learn in game, is it's the best "brawler" medium when going nose to nose with almost anything 130mm gun and lower, especially russian tanks.  Push up against them, and all they can hit is your turret and you bounce shots while popping 440 alpha at them.  If they back off or pick you off while charging them, they'll set you on fire though...



JP Negri Coder #46 Posted 22 May 2020 - 05:01 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 26164 battles
  • 38
  • [SELVA]
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014

View PostReveered_v2, on 21 May 2020 - 02:11 PM, said:

Garbage accuracy and dpm,  the tank is funny because gun depression. If you put two equal skilled players, one in Udes 15/16, another is just about any other tier 10 medium. I guarantee the Udes loses almost every time. Only the progetto and 907 would maybe lose. 

The game is played, by much, on pub games, 15v15, non coordinated teams.

 

It would be a grotesque error balancing tanks based on 1v1 matches results, or even on 7v7 competitive scenarios.


Good Battles! - JP Negri Coder


srs19801021 #47 Posted 22 May 2020 - 05:22 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 6968 battles
  • 32
  • [_COG_]
  • Member since:
    03-07-2019

View PostMaxChaos24, on 22 May 2020 - 10:49 AM, said:

 

Hello, one thing to remember is that this is a newer line. Our hardcore players are the first ones to get these tanks as they have the Free XP to jump right into them. New lines are always played by predominately higher skilled players due to this. Average players generally just continue grinding whatever line they are working on and won't explore the new lines until it suits them later on.

 

This is what the summary at the bottom is referring to when it was mentioned that we'll continue to monitor as other players start trying out the line. Assuming something is wrong with the tanks due to who is playing them is not always the best conclusion to jump too, there is usually a reason for it. If you're curious about why the data says what it says, you just have to ask! More than happy to help clarify what the data is reflecting and the reasons behind it. :honoring:

 

I respectfully disagree with the Assumption that hardcore players only have the free xp to jump to it. Most players within a years time of playing cab jump into them. Even newer players could’ve if they shell out money and convert gold. I also disagree with the whole notion you based this balanced theory on. The tier ten aiming system is crazy sometimes. It’s reload needs to be buffed to atleast the average t10 mediums that do the same damage. I love the Swede tanks. Tell me one thing though please? How do you base a tanks balance on win rate? That has to do with the teams you get Put on more than the tank you’re in. How’s it stack up with other tens (mediums) as far as dpm, survival, and more tank specific stats. Using win rate is not the basis fir it to be balanced. It’s a vague excuse not to right wargamings wrong. T10 needs buffer. The other ones I have no problem with because I sold them as soon as possible. 

LoganX891 #48 Posted 22 May 2020 - 05:27 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 32157 battles
  • 575
  • [CORVS]
  • Member since:
    05-17-2016

View PostMaxChaos24, on 22 May 2020 - 05:06 AM, said:

This is unlikely as the siege system being automatic is the main "thing" for this line.

 

If the developers and other players have the fine motor control to make these tanks work for them, great. Some of us have physical limitations that make it important to use cruise control. I have missing fingers along with muscle and nerve damage. Other players probably have physical limitations that prevent them from using the tanks as they were designed.

 

 


MaxChaos24 #49 Posted 22 May 2020 - 05:31 PM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 13777 battles
  • 21,882
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View Postsrs19801021, on 22 May 2020 - 01:22 PM, said:

 

I respectfully disagree with the Assumption that hardcore players only have the free xp to jump to it. Most players within a years time of playing cab jump into them. Even newer players could’ve if they shell out money and convert gold. I also disagree with the whole notion you based this balanced theory on. The tier ten aiming system is crazy sometimes. It’s reload needs to be buffed to atleast the average t10 mediums that do the same damage. I love the Swede tanks. Tell me one thing though please? How do you base a tanks balance on win rate? That has to do with the teams you get Put on more than the tank you’re in. How’s it stack up with other tens (mediums) as far as dpm, survival, and more tank specific stats. Using win rate is not the basis fir it to be balanced. It’s a vague excuse not to right wargamings wrong. T10 needs buffer. The other ones I have no problem with because I sold them as soon as possible. 

 

Hello, please do check out this post in regards to damage output: (Page 1, comment 11)
http://forum-console...28#entry4991628

 

This is an overview of the article but we have checked all aspects of the performance of these tanks and they are doing average/good at everything it should. There aren't any indicators that they are deficient in any areas currently, either by average or by skill level. 

 

For disagreeing with the statement that hardcore players jump on the tanks first, we've released many of tank lines and it's always the case. You can see this in the images on the very first post to see what percentage of players are using the tank at which win rates. :honoring:



GamerPaws #50 Posted 22 May 2020 - 07:35 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 22755 battles
  • 1,688
  • Member since:
    09-29-2013
I never understood how can one balance tanks based on winrate.
Winrate is teamwork thing, not tank strenghts n weaknessess
“I don’t agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

SPUK4U #51 Posted 23 May 2020 - 03:58 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 13774 battles
  • 2,850
  • Member since:
    07-24-2018

View PostGamerPaws, on 22 May 2020 - 07:35 PM, said:

I never understood how can one balance tanks based on winrate.
Winrate is teamwork thing, not tank strenghts n weaknessess

 

How I see this is that there is two different win rates for player. A total win rate and a tank win rate.  If tank does not have anything to do with player win rate then all tanks that player has should have same win rate. This is not the case. Tank affects how easy it is for player to help his team to win.   


-- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve --


Forza Legend1 #52 Posted 23 May 2020 - 12:30 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 15392 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    05-02-2015
Currently these tanks are fine, I would rather you look at improving tanks that need it like the IS-4 or T110E5. 

I DANTKND I #53 Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:36 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 34412 battles
  • 38
  • [INFMZ]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2015

Edited by I DANTKND I, 23 May 2020 - 07:38 PM.


FrenzyShot88 #54 Posted 24 May 2020 - 09:50 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 18401 battles
  • 7
  • [12PZR]
  • Member since:
    07-12-2013
Hey all hope everyone is doing great and having a great day. I however am sad to see the game in as bad a state as it is. My question to maxchaos24 is who asked you to nerf these tanks before they were introduced? Who asked you to give the udes sub par dpm? Who asked you to introduce 80 premium tanks that are essentially copies of other premium tanks? I know I didn't. I've played on and off for 6 years and approaching 20k battles. I don't claim to be an expert in game balance or game designs. I enjoy playing this game in competitive and casual styles. I'm happy for all the recent changes that have started to arrive such as the buff to the 30b. What I'm not happy with is your utter inability to see past win rate%. It's plain to see that our gameplay experts are not doing what the community wants. No one asked you to introduce entire tank lines or entire nation's nerfed. No one asked for the nerf to the badger. No one asked for the nerf to the progettos. No one asked for the nerf to the swedish mediums. Except maybe you maxchaos24. You and whoever else is in charge of balancing tanks before they ACTUALLY need balancing. You have destroyed the one thing that might keep this game from failing. The excitement. No one looks forward to new tanks anymore. Oh boy a new premium tank that's a copy of an older premium tank but with a better gun so you have to shell out more money. SO EXCITING RIGHT? I didn't think so. You wanna keep the game exciting wargaming? Fire maxchaos24 and the horrible balance team we have now and find someone who actually cares about more than win rate and making a quick buck.

AnonymousHobo69 #55 Posted Yesterday, 02:25 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 41760 battles
  • 4,763
  • [-L7-]
  • Member since:
    07-19-2013
It's not fun playing a broken shell of a tank like a swedish medium, I'll pass, thanks. Let me know when you make a better decision :) Maybe you should listen to player feedback every once in a while...have some common sense and actually compare the tanks to their counterparts instead of an arbitrary and vague average win rate. The suspension system on these tanks is completely broken by the way, please fix it. At least with the other neutered tanks I'm allowed to actually aim shots without my reticle flying who knows where. It works much more smoothly on PC, is it that hard just to copy them? What's the issue here?
I have ascended.

CleverJoey1844 #56 Posted Yesterday, 05:28 AM

    Captain

  • Supertest - Xbox One
  • 49714 battles
  • 1,590
  • [THNTR]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2015

View PostFrenzyShot88, on 24 May 2020 - 09:50 PM, said:

Hey all hope everyone is doing great and having a great day. I however am sad to see the game in as bad a state as it is. My question to maxchaos24 is who asked you to nerf these tanks before they were introduced? Who asked you to give the udes sub par dpm? Who asked you to introduce 80 premium tanks that are essentially copies of other premium tanks? I know I didn't. I've played on and off for 6 years and approaching 20k battles. I don't claim to be an expert in game balance or game designs. I enjoy playing this game in competitive and casual styles. I'm happy for all the recent changes that have started to arrive such as the buff to the 30b. What I'm not happy with is your utter inability to see past win rate%. It's plain to see that our gameplay experts are not doing what the community wants. No one asked you to introduce entire tank lines or entire nation's nerfed. No one asked for the nerf to the badger. No one asked for the nerf to the progettos. No one asked for the nerf to the swedish mediums. Except maybe you maxchaos24. You and whoever else is in charge of balancing tanks before they ACTUALLY need balancing. You have destroyed the one thing that might keep this game from failing. The excitement. No one looks forward to new tanks anymore. Oh boy a new premium tank that's a copy of an older premium tank but with a better gun so you have to shell out more money. SO EXCITING RIGHT? I didn't think so. You wanna keep the game exciting wargaming? Fire maxchaos24 and the horrible balance team we have now and find someone who actually cares about more than win rate and making a quick buck.

 

 Maxchaos24 is not the employ in charge of any of the tank changes. He may have an opinion but he does not decide the design or nerf or buff issues. For everyone that reads this thread please understand this. Your putting angry blame out on an innocent person.

Vampire_Izumi #57 Posted Yesterday, 05:34 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 30090 battles
  • 4,905
  • [APACH]
  • Member since:
    12-06-2015

View PostCleverJoey1844, on 25 May 2020 - 02:28 PM, said:

 

 Maxchaos24 is not the employ in charge of any of the tank changes. He may have an opinion but he does not decide the design or nerf or buff issues. For everyone that reads this thread please understand this. Your putting angry blame out on an innocent person.

 

not on any side, i just wanted to say that he does have the title Gameplay Expert. so that may be why people tend to blame him.

 

people also love to shoot the messenger.


      A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence: Tier V > Tier X in that order. 5678910


BrogueOne #58 Posted Yesterday, 11:54 AM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 24342 battles
  • 10,912
  • [ELDER]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2016

View PostVampire_Izumi, on 25 May 2020 - 05:34 AM, said:

 

not on any side, i just wanted to say that he does have the title Wargaming Employee. so that may be why people tend to blame him.

 

people also love to poop on the messenger.

Ftfy... :-P






9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users