RIP Wot for XBOX 360..

• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

dzhey43 #241 Posted 22 May 2020 - 07:01 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 35167 battles
  • [3EBC]
Hey John. Yesterday I saw you play fv304. My guess was 3marking.. so I killed another arty and never spotted you with my t-50. When you was the last left I tried my lucky shot all over the map and saved you from ripping apart lol.
Spoiler

John Arrowsmith #242 Posted 22 May 2020 - 07:06 AM

Major

• Players
  • 83262 battles

View Postdzhey43, on 22 May 2020 - 07:01 AM, said:

Hey John. Yesterday I saw you play fv304. My guess was 3marking.. so I killed another arty and never spotted you with my t-50. When you was the last left I tried my lucky shot all over the map and saved you from ripping apart lol.

trying,   every time I get close that accurate gun won't hit anything.    The same thing happened with the Bishop.  

dzhey43 #243 Posted 22 May 2020 - 07:31 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 35167 battles
  • [3EBC]

View PostJohn Arrowsmith, on 22 May 2020 - 10:06 AM, said:

trying,   every time I get close that accurate gun won't hit anything.    The same thing happened with the Bishop.  

Fv304 is the only arty I kept and still playing. Love it. 2 Marks only. Can't do it( I wish you would. Well you certainly will))
Spoiler

Eric_HaffaBee #244 Posted 22 May 2020 - 10:54 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20980 battles
I'd like to know what this is going to mean in terms of the effect it will have on the game for the future - move to PC maps? More bush cover?, better graphics, cross console play? What exactly does everyone think is going to happen?

If arty numbers 3 or more, A shitty game will be in store.

Nuke2099 #245 Posted 22 May 2020 - 10:59 AM

Major

• Players
  • 25526 battles

View PostEric_HaffaBee, on 22 May 2020 - 10:54 AM, said:

I'd like to know what this is going to mean in terms of the effect it will have on the game for the future - move to PC maps? More bush cover?, better graphics, cross console play? What exactly does everyone think is going to happen?

It should mean that all the bushes you see will actually exist which means camo and light tanks/mediums/TD's camping bush should work. Last known target location should be a thing too along with bigger maps and possibly even the Frontline mode. It would also allow for more newer unique maps (just stop copy pasting WG or doing weather versions). 
lQqtvt1.gif

Gammerz #246 Posted 22 May 2020 - 12:25 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 5164 battles

I've received a 360 EOL award on my X1 last night: 2 tier VIII tanks (T34 Black, Hydra), 1 month prem.

WoT was my fav game on X360 and X1. Still play on the X360 because X1 controller is broken. Great to have xplay with X1. This game was revolutionary!

I've played 2 Betas: the first was only announced on the website, had my progress reset, then the 2nd was announced on X360, and my progress was again wiped before the final release. So I've been playing for 6 years (according to my tank badge awards) and I'm still not very good! :)

I will miss the X360 version.

Hope WoT continues to roll out successfully on the new consoles.

Roll Out Tankers.

Edited by Gammerz, 22 May 2020 - 01:15 PM.

NeoSpearBlade #247 Posted 22 May 2020 - 01:40 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 26267 battles

Hello, everyone. I haven't posted here in these forums for more than 2 years. Time flies, huh?

Like everyone, I saw the message of the Xbox 360 version of the game ending support in July from the Xbox 360 version itself. I can't say I didn't see this coming but it doesn't make it any less sadder.

There's a whole lot of backstory involved but the short version is that I play on Xbox One (located in the entertainment/office room) daily in the mornings/afternoons and at night, I use the Xbox 360 in my bedroom. That has been the plan ever since we got the Xbox One.

What's convenient about WoT on Xbox 360 is the fact that it has "Cross-Progress", meaning that things done on one version is seen on the other version and vice versa. Quite useful. But now, that won't no longer be the case. I will miss being able to play on Xbox 360 as I play with custom music which is better and easier to use on the Xbox 360 than the Xbox One, and for other reasons.

Now, I'm actually concerned about this announcement because of what WG has been saying about the Xbox 360 version, "they'll support it for as long as Microsoft supports it." With this announcement, I'm concerned for the future of the Xbox 360 in general. I wanna be hopeful but I can't help but feel somewhat paranoid. I have a few theories to show as to what I mean:

The most hopeful theory: WG has ideas and features that they want to implement into WoT but the Xbox 360 version is really holding them back on doing so. Cutting Xbox 360 support will free them to do more things with the game. This would mean that their statements about the Xbox 360 version is kind of a lie; they were serious about supporting it but future plans for the game will be difficult (if not impossible) to implement with the Xbox 360 version still supported. If this is the case, then online services for the Xbox 360 will still be functional on July 21st.

The somewhat-realistic theory: WG, or at least the console version division, has stats that shows how many people are logging in to play and on what version. As time goes by, the log in stats for the Xbox 360 version gets smaller and smaller, to the point that it's no longer viable to keep supporting those players when there's a bunch more on Xbox One. Cutting Xbox 360 support will not only save them time on making patches and update on a version that's not played much, but it'll also save money, money that can be better spent elsewhere. This would also mean that their statements about the Xbox 360 version is kind of a lie but they did support the Xbox 360 for 6 years, when players were asking them to drop support since 2015. If this is the case, then online services for the Xbox 360 will still be functional on July 21st.

The paranoid theory: WG are serious of their statement to support the Xbox 360 version, which means that Microsoft will shut down the online functionality of the Xbox 360 on July 21st. I sincerely hope that's not the case, as not only will this go against their 'Xbox will support you forwards and backwards' mentality, but I still use the Xbox 360 a lot, not just for YouTube and Netflix, but for games on it that are not (yet) available on Xbox One via BackCom.

Some clarification would be nice to have.

Color Identifiers: [Normal Tank] [Progress-To-Tier-X Tank] [Elite Tank] [Premium Tank]

My Garage (03/21/2018): T1 Cunningham, Leichttraktor, Vickers Medium Mk. I, T1E6-X, T2 Light Tank, T7 Combat Car, Pz.Kpfw. 38H 735 (f), Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. D, Tetrarch, Te-Ke Ashigaru, Strv m/38, M22 Locust, MTLS-1G14 Blitzen, Pz.Kpfw. T 15, BT-7A Raseiniai, BT-SV, T-127, Pz.Kpfw. S35 739 (f), SU-26, AC I Sentinel Vanquisher, T-28E F-30 Honor, Birch Gun, M4A2E4 Sherman, Pz.Kpfw. V/IV, Pz.Kpfw. T 25, T14, 60G FT, Ikv 103, T37, Cromwell Snakebite, M4A3E8 Sherman, M4A3E8 Sherman Fury, Cromwell Knight, M4 Sherman Firefly Boilermaker, Churchill VII British Bulldog, TOG II*, KV-2, O-I Kaiju, T23E3, Pz.Kpfw. V Panther Revenant Kraft, Pz.Kpfw. VI Tiger I 131, Pz.Kpfw. VI Tiger I Hammer, M41B Walker Bulldog Brazilian, T26E4 SuperPershing Freedom, T-54 first prototype Motherland, AMX Chasseur de chars, IS-3A Fatherland, FCM 50 t Liberté, O-Ho, AT 15, M46 Patton, T95, Waffenträger auf Pz. IV, M53/M55, Pz.Kpfw. VIII Maus

Wish List: Großtraktor - Krupp, Matilda Defiance, KV-220-2 Bogatyr, AC IV Experimental Sentinel, T-34-85M HMH, Škoda T 40 Žižka, T71 DA Lycan, Type 62 Dragon, Comet Banshee, VK 45.03 Adler, leKpz M 41 90 mm Höllenhund, M46 Patton KR, T25 Vengeance, Centurion Huntsman HMH, Chieftain/T95 Centennial, M51 Super Sherman HMH, Edelweiss, STA-2 Senshi, Type 59 King Dragon, Strv 81 Primo Victoria, T26E5 Patriot, IS-5 (Object 730) Glory, KV-5 Gorynych, Object 252U Defender, AMX M4 mle. 49 HMH, The Nameless, WZ-111 Alpine Tiger, Charioteer Vindicator, M48A1 Patton, Type 5 Heavy, Grille 15, Waffenträger auf E 100, FV215b (183), T92 HMC

#TVTropesWillRuinYourLife

blastrrmaster #248 Posted 22 May 2020 - 01:53 PM

Private

• Players
  • 4225 battles
I understand why they are putting the nail in the 360 but do wish they had waited till the new xbox was out. I had planned on upgrading to that this year.

Nuke2099 #249 Posted 22 May 2020 - 03:23 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25526 battles

View PostNeoSpearBlade, on 22 May 2020 - 01:40 PM, said:

Hello, everyone. I haven't posted here in these forums for more than 2 years. Time flies, huh?

Like everyone, I saw the message of the Xbox 360 version of the game ending support in July from the Xbox 360 version itself. I can't say I didn't see this coming but it doesn't make it any less sadder.

There's a whole lot of backstory involved but the short version is that I play on Xbox One (located in the entertainment/office room) daily in the mornings/afternoons and at night, I use the Xbox 360 in my bedroom. That has been the plan ever since we got the Xbox One.

What's convenient about WoT on Xbox 360 is the fact that it has "Cross-Progress", meaning that things done on one version is seen on the other version and vice versa. Quite useful. But now, that won't no longer be the case. I will miss being able to play on Xbox 360 as I play with custom music which is better and easier to use on the Xbox 360 than the Xbox One, and for other reasons.

Now, I'm actually concerned about this announcement because of what WG has been saying about the Xbox 360 version, "they'll support it for as long as Microsoft supports it." With this announcement, I'm concerned for the future of the Xbox 360 in general. I wanna be hopeful but I can't help but feel somewhat paranoid. I have a few theories to show as to what I mean:

The most hopeful theory: WG has ideas and features that they want to implement into WoT but the Xbox 360 version is really holding them back on doing so. Cutting Xbox 360 support will free them to do more things with the game. This would mean that their statements about the Xbox 360 version is kind of a lie; they were serious about supporting it but future plans for the game will be difficult (if not impossible) to implement with the Xbox 360 version still supported. If this is the case, then online services for the Xbox 360 will still be functional on July 21st.

The somewhat-realistic theory: WG, or at least the console version division, has stats that shows how many people are logging in to play and on what version. As time goes by, the log in stats for the Xbox 360 version gets smaller and smaller, to the point that it's no longer viable to keep supporting those players when there's a bunch more on Xbox One. Cutting Xbox 360 support will not only save them time on making patches and update on a version that's not played much, but it'll also save money, money that can be better spent elsewhere. This would also mean that their statements about the Xbox 360 version is kind of a lie but they did support the Xbox 360 for 6 years, when players were asking them to drop support since 2015. If this is the case, then online services for the Xbox 360 will still be functional on July 21st.

The paranoid theory: WG are serious of their statement to support the Xbox 360 version, which means that Microsoft will shut down the online functionality of the Xbox 360 on July 21st. I sincerely hope that's not the case, as not only will this go against their 'Xbox will support you forwards and backwards' mentality, but I still use the Xbox 360 a lot, not just for YouTube and Netflix, but for games on it that are not (yet) available on Xbox One via BackCom.

Some clarification would be nice to have.

I'm not sure why you need clarification. The 360 will be dropped.....it's about time.
lQqtvt1.gif

John-berg1995 #250 Posted 22 May 2020 - 08:32 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 13047 battles
  • [CIA]
Does this mean we can finally have more than 7 bushes rendered at any given time? FINALLY, going forward. They have no excuse for low bush count. Pc has great bush placement, I'm guessing due to Xbox hardware restrictions we have very few because of their system requirements.

I hope one update they just update all the maps with new bushes, many spots have "gaps" / holes in between bushes so you get spotted when you shouldn't I hope all that gets fixed

SchildMESSER #251 Posted 22 May 2020 - 08:48 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27560 battles
  • [NWO]
Is it random who get those gifts ? I played on my 360 today switched back and got nothing :(

You may want to check out this 

3MOE: 32Tanks  100% damage standing: Pz4H, Vk 36 01, Tiger 1, Tiger 2, E75, E100

LeTank3r #252 Posted 22 May 2020 - 10:02 PM

Major

• Players
  • 5869 battles

View Postleova, on 21 May 2020 - 09:00 AM, said:

What, if anything, will be done for 360 players whose accounts you are essentially deleting (removing access to) unless they buy new hardware?  

Why have you NOT STOPPED GOLD SALES ON 360 if you knew this was going to happen?

It seems incredibly dishonest to keep letting folks buy your products, and then hit them with "oh btw you cant play in 2 months bye"

Leova, Ruthless says hi and he is sorry for your loss. 

pilotguy79 #253 Posted 22 May 2020 - 10:40 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 18270 battles
  • [KBPL]
I’m on ps , this is good news for the game. I can see many potential upgrades such as cross play, bigger maps , maybe bigger lobbies and maybe visual upgrades to close to pc.

x_BAlN_x #254 Posted 22 May 2020 - 11:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 64954 battles
Maybe we can get our actual garage back now?

Neurotic Cell #255 Posted 22 May 2020 - 11:19 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23988 battles
  • [FLT]

View Postx_BAlN_x, on 22 May 2020 - 06:17 PM, said:

Maybe we can get our actual garage back now?

Or even a... and I can’t believe I’m suggesting this... choice of them?

"Win or lose, naught to choose - all men are equal when their memory fades. No one knows, friends or foes, if Valhalla lies beyond the grave." - Motörhead “Deaf Forever”

Please check out https://www.wotstars.com/ - ssoberllama has done an incredible job!

Playertd #256 Posted 22 May 2020 - 11:25 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20600 battles

View PostNeurotic Cell, on 22 May 2020 - 03:19 PM, said:

Or even a... and I can’t believe I’m suggesting this... choice of them?

Holy balls I didn't realize how bad I want this option till now.

Like wow that would be a super easy feature for them to implement that would really please a lot of people.

4HPMvmm.jpg

Neurotic Cell #257 Posted 23 May 2020 - 12:07 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23988 battles
  • [FLT]

View PostPlayertd, on 22 May 2020 - 06:25 PM, said:

Holy balls I didn't realize how bad I want this option till now.

Like wow that would be a super easy feature for them to implement that would really please a lot of people.

I know, right? Now that we have this “so long 360” news, it’s like we’re emerging from a bunker where we’ve been held hostage by an archaic machine, and we’re blinking our little eyes at the bright prospect of possibilities blazing in the sky...

"Win or lose, naught to choose - all men are equal when their memory fades. No one knows, friends or foes, if Valhalla lies beyond the grave." - Motörhead “Deaf Forever”

Please check out https://www.wotstars.com/ - ssoberllama has done an incredible job!

Volier_Zcit #258 Posted 23 May 2020 - 12:56 AM

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

Hi Everyone,

We totally understand the frustrations and the different opinions of our players regarding the announcement about the support for the Xbox 360. We are actually happy that we were able to read the feedback and suggestions of our players regarding this matter. However, we just want to remind you that we should still follow our Forum rules when posting feedback, suggestions and/or personal opinion regarding the matter. Please avoid unnecessary arguments, off topic post, insults or any post that will violate our rules.

Again, we totally understand that we have players that are not happy with the announcement and they want to voice out their opinion about this, but please avoid breaking any of our Forum rules so we can all have a healthy discussion with each other. That being said, I will be moderating some of the post here that violates our Forum rules.

Thank you and stay safe everyone.

~ Volier_Zcit

Otis Z Firefly #259 Posted 23 May 2020 - 01:08 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 24473 battles

View PostVolier_Zcit, on 23 May 2020 - 12:56 AM, said:

Hi Everyone,

We totally understand the frustrations and the different opinions of our players regarding the announcement about the support for the Xbox 360. We are actually happy that we were able to read the feedback and suggestions of our players regarding this matter. However, we just want to remind you that we should still follow our Forum rules when posting feedback, suggestions and/or personal opinion regarding the matter. Please avoid unnecessary arguments, off topic post, insults or any post that will violate our rules.

Again, we totally understand that we have players that are not happy with the announcement and they want to voice out their opinion about this, but please avoid breaking any of our Forum rules so we can all have a healthy discussion with each other. That being said, I will be moderating some of the post here that violates our Forum rules.

Thank you and stay safe everyone.

~ Volier_Zcit

Thanks for commenting on this. Welcome to the grumpy old folks home, otherwise known as Wot forums. 
Ordo ab Chao.

Otis Z Firefly #260 Posted 23 May 2020 - 01:27 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 24473 battles

View PostNeurotic Cell, on 22 May 2020 - 12:31 AM, said:

Talk to M$.

Already have, I was told to contact Wargaming as Microsoft gifts are done with cooperation of the makers of the game in which the gift is.
Ordo ab Chao.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users