• Please log in to reply
298 replies to this topic

MalarCentaur247 #261 Posted 23 May 2020 - 01:54 AM

Private

• Players
  • 3003 battles

View PostVolier_Zcit, on 23 May 2020 - 12:56 AM, said:

Hi Everyone,

We totally understand the frustrations and the different opinions of our players regarding the announcement about the support for the Xbox 360. We are actually happy that we were able to read the feedback and suggestions of our players regarding this matter. However, we just want to remind you that we should still follow our Forum rules when posting feedback, suggestions and/or personal opinion regarding the matter. Please avoid unnecessary arguments, off topic post, insults or any post that will violate our rules.

Again, we totally understand that we have players that are not happy with the announcement and they want to voice out their opinion about this, but please avoid breaking any of our Forum rules so we can all have a healthy discussion with each other. That being said, I will be moderating some of the post here that violates our Forum rules.

Thank you and stay safe everyone.

~ Volier_Zcit

Hi Everyone,

We totally understand the frustrations and the different opinions of our players regarding the announcement about the support for the Xbox 360. We are actually happy that we were able to read the feedback and suggestions of our players regarding this matter. However, we just want to remind you that we should still follow our Forum rules when posting feedback, suggestions and/or personal opinion regarding the matter. Please avoid unnecessary arguments, off topic post, insults or any post that will violate our rules.

Again, we totally understand that we have players that are not happy with the announcement and they want to voice out their opinion about this, but please avoid breaking any of our Forum rules so we can all have a healthy discussion with each other. That being said, I will be moderating some of the post here that violates our Forum rules.

~ Volier_Zcit

X XXXXX XXXX XX XXX X XXXXXX XX XXXX XXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXX XXX XXXXXXX XXXXX XX XXXX.

Enjoy that.

DaffierPear6 #262 Posted 23 May 2020 - 08:26 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25861 battles
  • [1CAB]

Well WG, I think you've ruffled a few feathers in your playerbase.

What are you going to do to appease your customers?

Perhaps you could have implemented a reward for all players who upgraded their consoles when the x1 came out.  Maybe when the nex Xbox and PS5 come out you'll provide an incentive for everyone as they upgrade.

Otis Z Firefly #263 Posted 23 May 2020 - 08:58 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 24385 battles

View PostDaffierPear6, on 23 May 2020 - 08:26 AM, said:

Well WG, I think you've ruffled a few feathers in your playerbase.

What are you going to do to appease your customers?

Perhaps you could have implemented a reward for all players who upgraded their consoles when the x1 came out.  Maybe when the nex Xbox and PS5 come out you'll provide an incentive for everyone as they upgrade.

We can only wait and see. Most have already expressed their feelings. I think Wargaming have been massively unlucky here because it appears to be Microsoft's gift and it only got worse when it was discovered it could be exploitable and had to be withdrawn.
Ordo ab Chao.

DANCING FLAMES #264 Posted 23 May 2020 - 09:01 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 43952 battles
Hmm played 4 matches in 3 days yeaaaa Im soo excited I just dont even want to play, coupled with all this vitreol for 360 players, the upgrade get crates and tank bull, I have to learn a new controller, oh did I mention I purchesed 6 months the night before because I needed to reup and WG put it on sale...Im pretty sure I would have just got 2 months a some tanks bc I doubt I m going to play much after its dropped truthfully. I dare say knowing the 360 was being dropped and only replied when pressed about it. Looks and feels shady and now Im just wasting the time I got.  

matematicalone #265 Posted 23 May 2020 - 09:07 AM

Major

• Players
  • 4031 battles

View PostDANCING FLAMES, on 23 May 2020 - 10:01 AM, said:

Hmm played 4 matches in 3 days yeaaaa Im soo excited I just dont even want to play, coupled with all this vitreol for 360 players, the upgrade get crates and tank bull, I have to learn a new controller, oh did I mention I purchesed 6 months the night before because I needed to reup and WG put it on sale...Im pretty sure I would have just got 2 months a some tanks bc I doubt I m going to play much after its dropped truthfully. I dare say knowing the 360 was being dropped and only replied when pressed about it. Looks and feels shady and now Im just wasting the time I got.  

I'm pretty sure you will get to learn new controller fast. Also people posted it's possible to move your account even to PS4 which was repeatedly denied in past. So this is a unique opportunity to move your account, get some free stuff and keep your progress even if you decide to change platform. I think this means crossplay is around corner and can't wait sincerely. You don't want to miss farming PS4 taters do you. :teethhappy:

''There is no 'i' in team but there is in win.'', Michael Jordan

''If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.'', Muhammad Ali

1vs6 last man standing Kolobanov's

Otis Z Firefly #266 Posted 23 May 2020 - 09:12 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 24385 battles

View PostDANCING FLAMES, on 23 May 2020 - 09:01 AM, said:

The controllers are very similar and Xbox one is reasonably priced, either second hand or new. Is it how this has been handled that compels you to play the game less/no longer? 

I hope you rediscover you joy for WoT. :)

Ordo ab Chao.

EdwardSt #267 Posted 23 May 2020 - 01:02 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2492 battles

View PostVolier_Zcit, on 23 May 2020 - 03:56 AM, said:

Hi Everyone,

~ Volier_Zcit

No frustrations about that at all. With no dropping any ancient tech you can't do a progress. Hope that will allow to make the game more interesting to play again.

DertyChewbacca #268 Posted 23 May 2020 - 03:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 8898 battles

View PostVolier_Zcit, on 22 May 2020 - 08:56 PM, said:

Hi Everyone,

~ Volier_Zcit

Good morning, a majority of the community is extremely happy over WG decision to drop X360 support. Unfortunately, the very vocal minority can make this seem like a larger issue than it really is. Take a look at all the X360 users account, and I'm sure you'll find more than $150 worth of premium tanks in their garage which is what a used XBONE or XBONE S will cost them. Thank you for dropping support of an ancient console, and I hope many good changes are on the way. Thanks.

SandM9 #269 Posted 23 May 2020 - 04:35 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 33615 battles

View PostVolier_Zcit, on 22 May 2020 - 05:56 PM, said:

Hi Everyone,

~ Volier_Zcit

Is it now acceptable to post in colors? In the past we have been "discouraged" from posting in any color other that black. Should we expect a more consistent approach to moderation?

And also, it's about time. RIP 360

Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

Koneko Da Best #270 Posted 23 May 2020 - 06:03 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29922 battles
  • [KMD]
360 being dropped opens up room for more changes we couldn't have because of 360 like last known enemy location or maybe shell indicators like pc has so you can see what shot you and from where. Overall I think a majority of the community think of this as a positive thing since we've asked for 360 to be dropped for ages.

Red Dough Boy #271 Posted 23 May 2020 - 06:20 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 28582 battles
  • [_POI_]

The 360 has no other games that still actively support it, it's about time they pulled the plug. Most of us here started on the 360, plenty of us moved on for good reasons once newer systems were out. I have plenty of good memories of 360 games, and even WOT on 360. That doesn't mean we still need to keep lugging a 15 year old system around on a game that needs constant updates to stay new. Keeping an old system means putting a serious limit on your game as a whole, and people still on 360 need to realize they've been squatters for the last couple years. If it was up to me people still on 360 wouldn't get much for sticking to the old system and holding the game back, but that's not good for customer service and would cause more complaints than it's worth. This game came to 360 a bit after the Xbox One launched, this move should have happened a couple years ago in all actuality but it's good it's finally happening. 

Rest now 360, you've earned it. 

If I only had a Baneblade....

Gallant Prime #272 Posted 23 May 2020 - 09:39 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 48692 battles
  • [47R]

View PostDertyChewbacca, on 23 May 2020 - 09:11 AM, said:

Good morning, a majority of the community is extremely happy over WG decision to drop X360 support. Unfortunately, the very vocal minority can make this seem like a larger issue than it really is. Take a look at all the X360 users account, and I'm sure you'll find more than $150 worth of premium tanks in their garage which is what a used XBONE or XBONE S will cost them. Thank you for dropping support of an ancient console, and I hope many good changes are on the way. Thanks.

There are plenty of occasional 360 players that have never spent anything on the game.  I know several personally.  They enjoy other expensive hobbies that are more tangible and only very occasionally play video games.  It will probably be a month before they even realize the 360 has been cut off.

View PostSandM9, on 23 May 2020 - 10:35 AM, said:

Is it now acceptable to post in colors? In the past we have been "discouraged" from posting in any color other that black. Should we expect a more consistent approach to moderation?

And also, it's about time. RIP 360

You could always post in colors, so long as not being annoying or using red such as impersonating a moderator.  

sergeant-slow741 #273 Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:04 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 26852 battles

View PostGallant Prime, on 23 May 2020 - 01:39 PM, said:

There are plenty of occasional 360 players that have never spent anything on the game.  I know several personally.  They enjoy other expensive hobbies that are more tangible and only very occasionally play video games.  It will probably be a month before they even realize the 360 has been cut off.

You could always post in colors, so long as not being annoying or using red such as impersonating a moderator.  

Using red is impersonating a moderator ? Hmmm.

Content Moderated by HeadlockMvnky

Edited by HeadlockMvnky, 24 May 2020 - 12:24 PM.

End of passion play, crumbling away I'm your source of self destruction. Veins that pump with fear,sucking darkest clear leading on your death's destruction. Taste me you will see more as you need dedicated to how im killing you.

GamerPaws #274 Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 22755 battles

Hi Everyone,

~ Volier_Zcit

Equality now, gravy train for everyone

“I don’t agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

Gallant Prime #275 Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:12 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 48692 battles
  • [47R]

View Postsergeant-slow741, on 23 May 2020 - 04:04 PM, said:

4.3 Warnings
Warnings and official notifications are set off in red, this font color is reserved for use by staff only. Once a user's post has been moderated, users are not permitted to edit the notes placed within the post by the staff. Similarly, the impersonation of administration in any way, is not permitted.

It actually says so explicitly in the forum rules.  :great:

Edited by HeadlockMvnky, 24 May 2020 - 12:25 PM.

Neurotic Cell #276 Posted 24 May 2020 - 12:45 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23955 battles
  • [FLT]

View Postsergeant-slow741, on 23 May 2020 - 05:04 PM, said:

Yes.

Edited by HeadlockMvnky, 24 May 2020 - 12:26 PM.

"Win or lose, naught to choose - all men are equal when their memory fades. No one knows, friends or foes, if Valhalla lies beyond the grave." - Motörhead “Deaf Forever”

Please check out https://www.wotstars.com/ - ssoberllama has done an incredible job!

Dredd1973 #277 Posted 24 May 2020 - 02:57 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 9666 battles
  • [PCP]

This is a good thing.

Support of the 360 was a cement block and chain around the legs of everyone who got an XBox One.

And with an even newer XBox about to come out this had to happen.

Order in the Chaos

SandM9 #278 Posted 24 May 2020 - 06:13 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 33615 battles

View PostGallant Prime, on 23 May 2020 - 02:39 PM, said:

Look no offense but first I have to point out you are neither a moderator nor an administrator.  Second, much of the language they use is vague easily open to a wide variety of interpretations. I would argue it is on purpose for obvious reasons.

And are you sure nobodies ever been "moderated" for deviating with font and color other than red? Because, please you first. I do remember when this place was much more graphically interesting. Not so much anymore. I'm sure most of the more interesting characters just got tired of WG and left but maybe some of them got a little push out the door with a vaguely written boot.

Any way I was curious what they actual employee of WG had to say, but thanks. 

Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

EnglishWin66 #279 Posted 24 May 2020 - 10:01 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 40258 battles
I make heavy use of my 360 whilst my son plays on the xbox one. However we currently share the same xbox live account as this is supported for the 360 and one. I will now need to purchase a new device, create a new account and have wargaming copy my wot profile to that new account . Is that something wargaming will do. I've raised a ticket but no response yet. 

MaximusBoonie #280 Posted 24 May 2020 - 10:06 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 69601 battles
I'll have to dig mine out and get the chiveos. Won't the Xbox one be as about as old when series x launches? Damn xbone owners holding the game back!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users