Chisel Contract Stage Five Spotting Objective

chisel spotting mercenary contract five stage damage.

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

RaunchyWallaby-x #21 Posted 14 June 2020 - 10:16 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10215 battles
  • [SKB]
I hated this requirement when I got the Chisel the first go around. You're forced to use some of the slower mediums in the game to get the spotting damage. Of course, thanks like the M60 help. I think I did like 5 or 6 out of the 8 using the Atomic and the rest with the Fatton. Just keep playing and you'll eventually get it

Aoli7-x #22 Posted 14 June 2020 - 10:21 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27227 battles
Easy. Don't shoot. Find your tank with the best camo value and spotting. Boom! Done. Did this on my 4th game. Tier 9 Sweedish medium.

Cyrex005-x #23 Posted 14 June 2020 - 10:41 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13635 battles
  • [BNKR]
I'm doing the Tusk right now. I need to stop going and shooting my own spots. Also need to just go with the train instead of the side they leave open for the Reds to flank us.

NuR0t1K-x #24 Posted 14 June 2020 - 10:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24862 battles
  • [FLT]

View PostTempest fox3, on 14 June 2020 - 04:26 PM, said:

What a useful contribution to these forums. 

I put his [edited] on ignore. Just wish it also blanked out where people quote him, but I guess you can’t have everything!

"Win or lose, naught to choose - all men are equal when their memory fades. No one knows, friends or foes, if Valhalla lies beyond the grave." - Motörhead “Deaf Forever”

Find Me

Twitch Channel (Mon/Wed/Thu nights)

YouTube (small but growing) (that’s what she said)

ATHFjman18-x #25 Posted 14 June 2020 - 11:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19229 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostNuR0t1K, on 14 June 2020 - 05:57 PM, said:

I put his [edited] on ignore. Just wish it also blanked out where people quote him, but I guess you can’t have everything!

Instead of second hand smoke, it’s second hand stupidity. Both cause cancer. :trollface:

NuR0t1K-x #26 Posted 14 June 2020 - 11:58 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24862 battles
  • [FLT]

View PostATHFjman18, on 14 June 2020 - 06:40 PM, said:

Instead of second hand smoke, it’s second hand stupidity. Both cause cancer. :trollface:

:teethhappy:

"Win or lose, naught to choose - all men are equal when their memory fades. No one knows, friends or foes, if Valhalla lies beyond the grave." - Motörhead “Deaf Forever”

Find Me

Twitch Channel (Mon/Wed/Thu nights)

YouTube (small but growing) (that’s what she said)

f1mitku-p #27 Posted 15 June 2020 - 12:43 AM

Major

• Players
  • 54790 battles

What are the requirements? 1x tank HP in spotting damage in a medium T-VIII and up?
In general - among the allowed tanks choose the ones with the highest concealment/camouflage and spotting/view range ratings.

If it’s not done before and if possible - use camo paint. You can use 1 week temporary camo paint for all map types for silver. 
The last time I needed such things - I used Vengeance and Patton KR. In this case - camo net and binocs are good choice for equipment even together also with coated optics.

Choose your best camo and view range skills crew.

So basically you want all camo and view range you can use. And also usually the lowest allowed tier - means lower HP thus lower spotting assist damage needed. 

Wait for a suitable map and MM. So to be bottom tier on Malinovka and such is what you want let’s say. 

Then find a good spotting position in front of the other greens and find a good hill (or close to another hard cover like houses) with a bush 10-15m in front of you (watch the manual aim so you can view through the bush but somewhat blurry). You wanna be hull down behind the hill with the bush, with a finger on the drive back button to duck back behind the hill/cover if spotted. Wait for 6-th sense to turn off and do it again but be careful - some players use this to blind shot you. If possible use another position and do it again. 

Also watch the green TD’s behind you - what is their line of fire so you can rack up spotting damage from them.

Don’t track tanks and in general - don’t shoot at all except if it’s not inevitable. Tracking damage means a lost spotting damage if you track the red tank. 

:bush:

Don't rush me, I'm waiting for the last moment!

yellowbussdad-x #28 Posted 15 June 2020 - 01:47 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12337 battles

I just completed it with the tank that killed all my will and wiliness to play this game - Obj 416! :teethhappy: Just could not find a way how to play this tank properly. :unsure: 

Finished the grind and unlocked 430, but if it's anything like 416, just not going to bother with it. 

So right now I have a tiny hope that I can actually finish this Chisel contract! :P

Now, all I need to do is to get 59k more of spotting damage on the next stage. :playing:

But seriously, this spotting damage is a tough nut to crack for me.:ohmy: 

LiteralComic635-x #29 Posted 15 June 2020 - 02:17 AM

Major

• Players
  • 5422 battles

View PostDredd1973, on 14 June 2020 - 01:59 PM, said:

Ok I'm reaching out to the tanker community here for advice as there are already topics about this in the forum, but they're all from last year and the game has had some changes since then.

I'd like advice / hints / tips on how to complete the spotting damage requirement of the Chisel's contract fifth stage. I'd like to know what the best tanks for this are, and what the best strategy is. I've come close in my Type 59 and Motherland, but no cigar. :D

I'm a casual gamer that is only able to play about an hour a night, so I'm seeking the wisdom / advice of those more experienced players that are able to play more than me.

Thanks to all in advance for any help you may provide. :)

If you can find one or two players to platoon with, and have them play artillery, you should be able to get this done in a match or two. 

It's a bit more difficult playing solo, but it can be done. Go where you have the best chance at spotting Reds, sit, hope that your teammates notice the Reds you light up and also choose to fire at.

Idea one is the easiest way. Otherwise try the solo method and it will happen eventually. 

ChubbyBuckle06 aka LiteralComic635 

MaximusBoonie-x #30 Posted 15 June 2020 - 05:25 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 71164 battles
Tier eight heavies. Get a good forward position with cover. Don't even bother trying to shoot. Just keep the reds lit up. Remember tracked damage doesn't count.

Edited by MaximusBoonie, 15 June 2020 - 05:28 AM.

Also tagged with chisel, spotting, mercenary, contract, five, stage, damage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users