Jump to content


Positive words about Tanks

MM WoT camping camo merc

  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Aoli7-x #1 Posted 15 June 2020 - 10:27 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27310 battles
  • 164
  • Member since:
    10-31-2015

I've been playing for over 5 years, I'm in my mid 30's and occasionally play Call of Duty. I post here and there and just want to say a few positives about the game.

 

I enjoy playing tanks. The Tiger II you always hear about on the history channel. The T54 which I watched on TV explode when the US Abrams tank hit it's ammo rack during Desert Storm.

 

The M53/55 US artillery in the 1950's also had a nuclear round it was testing. The end conclusion was that the tank was too close to the blast and compromised the troops in it.   

 

It's childhood nostalgia. We get to play a game that's fun, we just need to remember not to take it so seriously.

 

Wargaming. You're not my best friend, but I sure as hell hang out with you a lot.

 

Aoli7 GG



NuR0t1K-x #2 Posted 15 June 2020 - 04:48 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 24909 battles
  • 9,487
  • [FLT]
  • Member since:
    12-14-2013
If this post is your concept of positive, you need meds.

"Win or lose, naught to choose - all men are equal when their memory fades. No one knows, friends or foes, if Valhalla lies beyond the grave." - Motörhead “Deaf Forever”

 

Find Me

Twitch Channel (Mon/Wed/Thu nights)

YouTube (small but growing) (that’s what she said)


MaxMiner11-x #3 Posted 15 June 2020 - 04:54 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 20642 battles
  • 1,929
  • Member since:
    05-16-2015
I think he is saying it is cool to be able to play a game that has tanks in it that he has seen on the History Channel.

I agree it is cool and fun.

OldRugger51-x #4 Posted 15 June 2020 - 04:59 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 21039 battles
  • 1,094
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostAoli7, on 15 June 2020 - 05:27 AM, said:

The M53/55 US artillery in the 1950's also had a nuclear round it was testing. The end conclusion was that the tank was too close to the blast and compromised the troops in it. 

 

You mean Atomic Annie? It was a Long Tom derivative I believe and 280mm...def not self propelled.

 

Correction! I was wrong, there were self propelled nuclear shell firing artillery...just not the early ones. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_artillery


Edited by OldRugger51, 15 June 2020 - 05:03 PM.

A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life...anything that happens before or after...it's just waiting. - Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in LeMans


SprungOnion1745-x #5 Posted 15 June 2020 - 11:33 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16863 battles
  • 193
  • Member since:
    08-26-2018

Imagine playing CoD and your well aimed sniper shot bounces off the targets belt buckle, webbing, collar dogs etc (repeatedly).

:sceptic:

Mike.



D1RT3AGG-x #6 Posted 15 June 2020 - 11:46 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 34463 battles
  • 430
  • [RTD-R]
  • Member since:
    07-15-2015

View PostOldRugger51, on 15 June 2020 - 10:59 AM, said:

 

You mean Atomic Annie? It was a Long Tom derivative I believe and 280mm...def not self propelled.

 

Correction! I was wrong, there were self propelled nuclear shell firing artillery...just not the early ones. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_artillery

 

Heh Heh...You said "Long Tom"

Aoli7-x #7 Posted 16 June 2020 - 02:01 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27310 battles
  • 164
  • Member since:
    10-31-2015
Nevermind. The game has showed me it's a bunch of [edited]all day. Shooting at the lower plate of a machine, it's reloading, top of a hill. I'm shooting at a flat surface and I bounce a kill shot. The machine reloads and kills 3 tanks on 290 health. By the way I died. It's all [edited], IDC it's all [edited].

Poppyluv77-p #8 Posted 16 June 2020 - 03:13 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 17036 battles
  • 1,351
  • Member since:
    01-05-2017

View PostAoli7, on 16 June 2020 - 02:01 AM, said:

Nevermind. The game has showed me it's a bunch of [edited]all day. Shooting at the lower plate of a machine, it's reloading, top of a hill. I'm shooting at a flat surface and I bounce a kill shot. The machine reloads and kills 3 tanks on 290 health. By the way I died. It's all [edited], IDC it's all [edited].

 

Now you’re talking 





Also tagged with MM WoT, camping, camo, merc

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users