Jump to content


No game chat

Game chat audio

  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Juggalo27028 #1 Posted 24 June 2020 - 05:51 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 12950 battles
  • 4
  • [ARES]
  • Member since:
    12-30-2015
On ps4 no game chat only in platoon or party. What did y’all break

R3VD4WG MB #2 Posted 24 June 2020 - 08:19 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 26783 battles
  • 326
  • [R3V]
  • Member since:
    09-16-2013
Game chats been broke on the xbox for months at least maybe even years.

 

 

R3V Armour Division Roll Out!

http://r3v.one Check out my YouTube Channel and stalk me on Twitter


SPUK4U #3 Posted 24 June 2020 - 11:17 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 14821 battles
  • 3,139
  • Member since:
    07-24-2018

View PostJuggalo27028, on 24 June 2020 - 05:51 AM, said:

On ps4 no game chat only in platoon or party. What did y’all break

 

In PS4 you could still check  that you have it enabled  from Options -> Audio -> In game chat out put -> Enable voice chat

If you don't get your audio working you miss all the comedians that cry how bad team is and how this is going to ruin their win rate.  I love to do stunt driving when I get people like that in my team.  :teethhappy:  

 

   


-- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve --


BrogueOne #4 Posted 24 June 2020 - 11:17 AM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 24645 battles
  • 11,088
  • [ELDER]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2016
Check your audio setting under Options.  There’s a button to toggle game chat on/off.

MaxChaos24 #5 Posted 24 June 2020 - 11:21 AM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 13857 battles
  • 22,096
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View PostJuggalo27028, on 24 June 2020 - 01:51 AM, said:

On ps4 no game chat only in platoon or party. What did y’all break

 

View PostSPUK4U, on 24 June 2020 - 07:17 AM, said:

 

In PS4 you could still check  that you have it enabled  from Options -> Audio -> In game chat out put -> Enable voice chat

If you don't get your audio working you miss all the comedians that cry how bad team is and how this is going to ruin their win rate.  I love to do stunt driving when I get people like that in my team.  :teethhappy:  

 

   

 

View PostBrogueOne, on 24 June 2020 - 07:17 AM, said:

Check your audio setting under Options. There’s a button to toggle game chat on/off.

 

Please do check your settings that you have it turned on. If you're still having issues after that, let us know! :honoring:

R3VD4WG MB #6 Posted 24 June 2020 - 11:33 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 26783 battles
  • 326
  • [R3V]
  • Member since:
    09-16-2013

View PostMaxChaos24, on 24 June 2020 - 11:21 AM, said:

 

 

 

Please do check your settings that you have it turned on. If you're still having issues after that, let us know! :honoring:

 

Max this has been broke on xbox for the longest of times. I get game chat maybe 1 out of every 10 games and 99% of the time no one is on coms more than likely because they are having the same issues. I can confirm that everyone who I play with on a regular basis has their settings right but very rarely get any game chat even when we have tried to switch from party to game chat with 5 of us in a platoon we are lucky if 2 of us actually get any game chat, its been about 2 years since game chat was actually useful on xbox.

 

 

R3V Armour Division Roll Out!

http://r3v.one Check out my YouTube Channel and stalk me on Twitter


MaxChaos24 #7 Posted 24 June 2020 - 11:46 AM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 13857 battles
  • 22,096
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View PostR3VD4WG MB, on 24 June 2020 - 07:33 AM, said:

 

Max this has been broke on xbox for the longest of times. I get game chat maybe 1 out of every 10 games and 99% of the time no one is on coms more than likely because they are having the same issues. I can confirm that everyone who I play with on a regular basis has their settings right but very rarely get any game chat even when we have tried to switch from party to game chat with 5 of us in a platoon we are lucky if 2 of us actually get any game chat, its been about 2 years since game chat was actually useful on xbox.

 

If I was to take a guess, if you are having issues like that, you're probably in the UK. A lot of routers there have SIP ALG and blocks VOIP traffic (our game chat). There is a guide in checking various routers and how to disable it here: https://www.voicehos...led-your-router


I can't say with 100% certainty that is the cause of what you are experiencing, but so far, the only people that report any issues with game chat are from the UK. So if that's where you live, that is the most likely suspect for the issue. 



R3VD4WG MB #8 Posted 24 June 2020 - 11:52 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 26783 battles
  • 326
  • [R3V]
  • Member since:
    09-16-2013

View PostMaxChaos24, on 24 June 2020 - 11:46 AM, said:

 

If I was to take a guess, if you are having issues like that, you're probably in the UK. A lot of routers there have SIP ALG and blocks VOIP traffic (our game chat). There is a guide in checking various routers and how to disable it here: https://www.voicehos...led-your-router


I can't say with 100% certainty that is the cause of what you are experiencing, but so far, the only people that report any issues with game chat are from the UK. So if that's where you live, that is the most likely suspect for the issue. 

I am indeed from the UK, unfortunately my router Linksys WRT 32X doesn't have any options for SIP ALG or VOIP. I never used to have any issues with game chat and it seems intermittent since I do get game chat maybe 1 in 10 games seems unusual that it would be blocked but only in world of tanks since I have no issue with game chat in any other games.


 

 

R3V Armour Division Roll Out!

http://r3v.one Check out my YouTube Channel and stalk me on Twitter


MaxChaos24 #9 Posted 24 June 2020 - 12:01 PM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 13857 battles
  • 22,096
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View PostR3VD4WG MB, on 24 June 2020 - 07:52 AM, said:

I am indeed from the UK, unfortunately my router Linksys WRT 32X doesn't have any options for SIP ALG or VOIP. I never used to have any issues with game chat and it seems intermittent since I do get game chat maybe 1 in 10 games seems unusual that it would be blocked but only in world of tanks since I have no issue with game chat in any other games.

 

The other games you play likely piggyback off XBL chat service which is platform-specific chat. We use VIVOX chat service (VOIP Based) which allows for cross-platform chat so our players can talk to each other in-game no matter the console they are playing on.  I.E. So 360 users can talk with XB1 players. 

Edited by MaxChaos24, 24 June 2020 - 12:03 PM.


choppermeir #10 Posted 24 June 2020 - 12:32 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 12070 battles
  • 1,793
  • [FILTH]
  • Member since:
    01-30-2016

View PostMaxChaos24, on 24 June 2020 - 11:46 AM, said:

 

If I was to take a guess, if you are having issues like that, you're probably in the UK. A lot of routers there have SIP ALG and blocks VOIP traffic (our game chat). There is a guide in checking various routers and how to disable it here: https://www.voicehos...led-your-router


I can't say with 100% certainty that is the cause of what you are experiencing, but so far, the only people that report any issues with game chat are from the UK. So if that's where you live, that is the most likely suspect for the issue. 

 

This is precisely the issue I was having
Check out my YouTube channel. Tank reviews, tips and tank tomfoolery https://www.youtube.com/user/me3614

Bibo1GerUk #11 Posted 24 June 2020 - 01:44 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 29160 battles
  • 4,740
  • Member since:
    03-12-2014

Well great. I'm in Germany and haven't heard any voice comms for ages either and it's supposedly because of WG's chat service?

How did it work while playing on the 360 when the One was out as well?


Remember, it's just a game!

My little Youtube channel aka YeOldeGamer: https://www.youtube....xVCaFCLg/videos


BrogueOne #12 Posted 24 June 2020 - 03:39 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 24645 battles
  • 11,088
  • [ELDER]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2016

View PostBibo1GerUk, on 24 June 2020 - 01:44 PM, said:

Well great. I'm in Germany and haven't heard any voice comms for ages either and it's supposedly because of WG's chat service?

How did it work while playing on the 360 when the One was out as well?

Have you checked your audio settings in Options?



Juggalo27028 #13 Posted 24 June 2020 - 04:43 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 12950 battles
  • 4
  • [ARES]
  • Member since:
    12-30-2015
Ok I guess my settings were changed thanks

Bibo1GerUk #14 Posted 24 June 2020 - 06:34 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 29160 battles
  • 4,740
  • Member since:
    03-12-2014

View PostBrogueOne, on 24 June 2020 - 04:39 PM, said:

Have you checked your audio settings in Options?

 

Yes, multiple times and on my PC when I stream to it. I can hear my platoonmate but sometime it started that I didn't hear teamchat any more. I always thought it was my PC/Xbox app setup or something.

Remember, it's just a game!

My little Youtube channel aka YeOldeGamer: https://www.youtube....xVCaFCLg/videos


zZGROGZz #15 Posted 25 June 2020 - 10:19 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 19190 battles
  • 3,081
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

If you are a BT customer with any of their home hubs, you cannot disable SIP ALG because of the security settings on the hub.

If you are a business customer with business hub 3 or above you can. So unfortunately guys, if this is the case for you, there is nothing that can be done, unless you are a bt business broadband customer.

I am unsure if this is the case with other isp's in the UK.

So, i will either have to research other providers to see if its different for them, or just grin and bear it.

Hope this helps other UK customers.


!KING OF THE POTATO SKRUBLORDS!

The Freedom for Animals Association on Second Avenue is the secret headquarters of the Army of the Twelve Monkeys.

They're the ones who are going to do it. I can't do anymore. I have to go now. Have a merry Christmas.

 






Also tagged with Game, chat, audio

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users