Jump to content


Game Chat Issue


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Slimey Caveman #1 Posted 27 June 2020 - 06:42 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 22719 battles
  • 194
  • [SIMP]
  • Member since:
    03-29-2014
I can talk in parties just fine, but game chat wont register that Im talking. I have a friend in my platoon and it shows him talking just fine, but when I enter game chat nothing happens. I cant hear or talk to anybody in game outside of party. Is it possible I have a chat ban somehow? I hardly use game chat so it seems unlikely.

sergeant-slow741 #2 Posted 27 June 2020 - 06:51 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27714 battles
  • 1,624
  • Member since:
    02-24-2017
It's a known issue by WG..:great:
End of passion play, crumbling away I'm your source of self destruction. Veins that pump with fear,sucking darkest clear leading on your death's destruction. Taste me you will see more as you need dedicated to how im killing you.

zZGROGZz #3 Posted 27 June 2020 - 09:26 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 19197 battles
  • 3,082
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

You wouldn't happen to live in th UK would you?

Have a little look at this site.

https://www.voicehos...led-your-router

And this thread.

http://forum-console...23#entry5015823


!KING OF THE POTATO SKRUBLORDS!

The Freedom for Animals Association on Second Avenue is the secret headquarters of the Army of the Twelve Monkeys.

They're the ones who are going to do it. I can't do anymore. I have to go now. Have a merry Christmas.

 


Slimey Caveman #4 Posted 27 June 2020 - 11:23 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 22719 battles
  • 194
  • [SIMP]
  • Member since:
    03-29-2014

View PostzZGROGZz, on 27 June 2020 - 09:26 PM, said:

You wouldn't happen to live in th UK would you?

Have a little look at this site.

https://www.voicehos...led-your-router

And this thread.

http://forum-console...23#entry5015823

 

I actually dont, I live in the Western US. Up until a week ago I was able to join voice chat occasionally, after I reset my game. For some reason it wouldnt ever work if I started playing the game while in a party. (If I left the party, game chat would never work until the game was restarted.)

However, Ill check my router and see if its on my end.  Thanks for the links



MaxChaos24 #5 Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:16 PM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 13857 battles
  • 22,096
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View PostSlimey Caveman, on 27 June 2020 - 07:23 PM, said:

 

I actually dont, I live in the Western US. Up until a week ago I was able to join voice chat occasionally, after I reset my game. For some reason it wouldnt ever work if I started playing the game while in a party. (If I left the party, game chat would never work until the game was restarted.)

However, Ill check my router and see if its on my end.  Thanks for the links

 

Hello, I would check your Chat settings in-game just to double-check you have game chat turned on.

Options -> Audio Tab -> In-Game Chat Output

 

You will have 3 options:

  • Enable Voice Chat (This is what you want to hear all chat)
  • Voice Chat Platoon Only (This sounds like what yours might be as you said you could see/hear platoon members)
  • Mute All


Slimey Caveman #6 Posted 30 June 2020 - 03:44 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 22719 battles
  • 194
  • [SIMP]
  • Member since:
    03-29-2014

View PostMaxChaos24, on 29 June 2020 - 01:16 PM, said:

 

Hello, I would check your Chat settings in-game just to double-check you have game chat turned on.

Options -> Audio Tab -> In-Game Chat Output

 

You will have 3 options:

  • Enable Voice Chat (This is what you want to hear all chat)
  • Voice Chat Platoon Only (This sounds like what yours might be as you said you could see/hear platoon members)
  • Mute All

 

Ive checked all my settings, both in-game and out. Everything is correct and I should be able to talk in voice, but its a gamble everytime I get on WoT. I managed to get voice chat to work for a little bit today, but once I accidentally started a party (and promptly left it) I could no longer talk in game chat. Even after resetting the game I wasnt able to talk in Chat.






2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users