Jump to content


MM Idea

TEAM

  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

SlagInGristle-x #1 Posted 29 June 2020 - 12:11 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 40309 battles
  • 4,138
  • [6SIC6]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

What if when you spawned into a team you could just stay with that team? Obviously have the option of leaving when you die or return to garage..... if you wanted to stay you could and as the team looses players new ones spawn on the next game and can also stay or leave etc... so some turnover. 
 

Maybe a special mode if not MM wide.



The GamerZocker-x #2 Posted 29 June 2020 - 12:16 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 51393 battles
  • 84
  • [RATM]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostSlagInGristle, on 29 June 2020 - 01:11 PM, said:

What if when you spawned into a team you could just stay with that team? Obviously have the option of leaving when you die or return to garage..... if you wanted to stay you could and as the team looses players new ones spawn on the next game and can also stay or leave etc... so some turnover. 
 

Maybe a special mode if not MM wide.

 

Do not always drive with the team. Depends on the tank you drive, you might have to defend a flank with 3 or 4 other tanks if you wanna win the game or you get flanked and rushed by the enemy team fast.



M4ntiX-x #3 Posted 29 June 2020 - 12:16 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 37326 battles
  • 6,089
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    03-18-2014
My lord... There is just no end to your trolling, is there? Is this yet another "brilliant" simulation mode thread or do you simply want to be on the pink team this time?

Current game frustration level: ███████▒▒▒  70%

"No one in history has ever been insulted into agreement." - Arthur Brooks


SPUK4U-p #4 Posted 29 June 2020 - 12:31 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 15439 battles
  • 3,627
  • Member since:
    07-24-2018

View PostSlagInGristle, on 29 June 2020 - 12:11 PM, said:

What if when you spawned into a team you could just stay with that team? Obviously have the option of leaving when you die or return to garage..... if you wanted to stay you could and as the team looses players new ones spawn on the next game and can also stay or leave etc... so some turnover. 
 

Maybe a special mode if not MM wide.

 

I think this idea is good. How about if you press "Next battle" instead of going to garage, you would stay with the same teammates that also pressed the "next battle".  This wold give you a change to know your teammates and enemies a bit better. It would help a bit to stay with a good team, specially if you are grinding a tank and plan to do several battles a row with the same tank.

-- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve --


FinlandRed-x #5 Posted 29 June 2020 - 12:32 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 23565 battles
  • 2,766
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostM4ntiX, on 29 June 2020 - 12:16 PM, said:

My lord... There is just no end to your trolling, is there? Is this yet another "brilliant" simulation mode thread or do you simply want to be on the pink team this time?

 

Can you imagine the drag on your game if you scooped up a cart load of potatoes after a good game? You'd get loads of players hitting the "Please let the UNI carry me harder" button every game.


Big Jimmy Bhoy #6 Posted 29 June 2020 - 12:36 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 4045 battles
  • 73
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

This is an actual feature in the game Overwatch, although that is only 6 Vs 6. At the end of the battle there is a "Stay as team" button you can press.

 

Edit: I'd be totally against this. I'm actually in the camp of 3 man platoon max. 



SlagInGristle-x #7 Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:22 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 40309 battles
  • 4,138
  • [6SIC6]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostSPUK4U, on 29 June 2020 - 12:31 PM, said:

 

I think this idea is good. How about if you press "Next battle" instead of going to garage, you would stay with the same teammates that also pressed the "next battle".  This wold give you a change to know your teammates and enemies a bit better. It would help a bit to stay with a good team, specially if you are grinding a tank and plan to do several battles a row with the same tank.

That would be cool as well. 



SlagInGristle-x #8 Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:24 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 40309 battles
  • 4,138
  • [6SIC6]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostBig Jimmy Bhoy, on 29 June 2020 - 12:36 PM, said:

This is an actual feature in the game Overwatch, although that is only 6 Vs 6. At the end of the battle there is a "Stay as team" button you can press.

 

Edit: I'd be totally against this. I'm actually in the camp of 3 man platoon max. 

 

cept its not a platoon is it. Its just staying with the same randoms. 

Big Jimmy Bhoy #9 Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:42 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 4045 battles
  • 73
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View PostSlagInGristle, on 29 June 2020 - 01:24 PM, said:

 

cept its not a platoon is it. Its just staying with the same randoms. 

I don't know, I see lots of platoons that just look and play like randoms. This feature would basically allow 15 man platoons and should never be considered imho. 



BlazingSword075-x #10 Posted 29 June 2020 - 03:53 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 4385 battles
  • 604
  • Member since:
    08-26-2019

View PostBig Jimmy Bhoy, on 29 June 2020 - 12:36 PM, said:

This is an actual feature in the game Overwatch, although that is only 6 Vs 6. At the end of the battle there is a "Stay as team" button you can press.

 

Edit: I'd be totally against this. I'm actually in the camp of 3 man platoon max. 

 

I strongly agree with this.

BlazingSword075-x #11 Posted 29 June 2020 - 04:02 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 4385 battles
  • 604
  • Member since:
    08-26-2019

View PostBig Jimmy Bhoy, on 29 June 2020 - 01:42 PM, said:

I don't know, I see lots of platoons that just look and play like randoms. This feature would basically allow 15 man platoons and should never be considered imho. 

 

There are many reasons why this couldn't work. Off the top of my head:

 

How would the 'good' players exclude the potatoes?

 

If all the better players stick together, that inevitably weakens other teams.

 

Are you willing to wait around for 8 minutes after you die for the next game to start?



DrHorrible4Life-x #12 Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:40 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 16364 battles
  • 6,079
  • Member since:
    07-12-2013
Like 5 man platoons isn't already stupid, you want 15 man platoons.

xXlAmbitionzlXx #13 Posted 30 June 2020 - 12:14 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 24098 battles
  • 14,561
  • Member since:
    08-23-2013
I wont lie.. 15 mans would be pretty hillarious.. I remember 7v7. It broke the MM but having vast majority Super Unicums square off despite the toxicity was the funniest thing alive. 

SlagInGristle-x #14 Posted 30 June 2020 - 12:38 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 40309 battles
  • 4,138
  • [6SIC6]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

Its not a platoon its just staying with the same randoms and perhaps after a few rounds adapting to each others style of play.... everyone is always complaining about player base low skill or potatoes or whatever..... dont you want to increase the skill level and cooperation ability?

 

the nay sayers are a bit toxic imo - calling the player base potatoes and also ..... happy with status quo. Hmft



DrHorrible4Life-x #15 Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:07 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 16364 battles
  • 6,079
  • Member since:
    07-12-2013

View PostSlagInGristle, on 30 June 2020 - 12:38 AM, said:

Its not a platoon its just staying with the same randoms and perhaps after a few rounds adapting to each others style of play.... everyone is always complaining about player base low skill or potatoes or whatever..... dont you want to increase the skill level and cooperation ability?

 

the nay sayers are a bit toxic imo - calling the player base potatoes and also ..... happy with status quo. Hmft

 

It IS a platoon.  It's also a bad idea.  You can call me toxic if you like.  It won't change how much support this bad idea gets.

 

You can still squad up with Randoms, but it takes just a few more button presses.  Most importantly, it also doesn't allow you to circumvent the restrictions for platoon size.  

 

I can't believe I have to define this, but a platoon is a premade group of tankers on the same team.  Your BAD idea is a premade group of tankers on the same team.

 

Can you see yet how your idea and platoons are similar?  Or did my toxicity get in your eyes?  







Also tagged with TEAM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users