Jump to content


Next trade in event?


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

coff33guy #1 Posted 30 June 2020 - 12:06 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 19561 battles
  • 266
  • Member since:
    07-09-2014
So the long haul was kind to me this week and I dropped the even 90. Already have the vanguard though so whilst I'm chuffed, a trade in could be handy :teethhappy: Any word on one coming up? I know it needs a bit of work since it's last iteration ...

Gallant Prime #2 Posted 30 June 2020 - 12:23 AM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 49458 battles
  • 4,579
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014
That would be good. 


BrogueOne #3 Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:26 AM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 24645 battles
  • 11,088
  • [ELDER]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2016
Who cares? Unless they make trade-able tanks unrestricted it’s totally pointless. Sure, you have an ELC you’ll never play..... but there’s NO guarantee you’ll be able to trade it next time.

Hell.... the Trade In program is practically obsolete anyway now. With free tanks from Earn Ops (and to a certain degree War Chests) any tanks you don’t play are worth WAY MORE as duplicates than at 50% value towards a 100% price tank.

coff33guy #4 Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:34 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 19561 battles
  • 266
  • Member since:
    07-09-2014

View PostBrogueOne, on 30 June 2020 - 02:26 AM, said:

Who cares? Unless they make trade-able tanks unrestricted it’s totally pointless. Sure, you have an ELC you’ll never play..... but there’s NO guarantee you’ll be able to trade it next time.

Hell.... the Trade In program is practically obsolete anyway now. With free tanks from Earn Ops (and to a certain degree War Chests) any tanks you don’t play are worth WAY MORE as duplicates than at 50% value towards a 100% price tank.

 

Yeah, have to say I agree with you on both points. Previous trade in was BAD. The fact that we haven't had a trade in for a while suggests WG might have dropped the scheme altogether rather than trying to fix it. It's a shame as in principle it was a good idea if there weren't so many restrictions. I'd rather trade for 50% off a tank I want now than hope I might hit the same tank in a free loot chest a long way down the line and scoop a gold refund. I'd bet there are lots of other players in a similar situation too...

MANonMiSSiON317 #5 Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:47 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 25067 battles
  • 331
  • Member since:
    07-11-2015
Don't you remember the old times where you couldn't trade anything???

I think it's a good way.
You still need some luck. I am great fan of the trade in programm as it is.

I think the trade programm is also a tool to steer the amount of tanks in the game.

I am totally fine with it, yes you need some luck to get the tanks you need. But it's still better then not having a trade in programm.

coff33guy #6 Posted 30 June 2020 - 11:54 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 19561 battles
  • 266
  • Member since:
    07-09-2014

View PostMANonMiSSiON317, on 30 June 2020 - 09:47 AM, said:

Don't you remember the old times where you couldn't trade anything???

I think it's a good way.
You still need some luck. I am great fan of the trade in programm as it is.

I think the trade programm is also a tool to steer the amount of tanks in the game.

I am totally fine with it, yes you need some luck to get the tanks you need. But it's still better then not having a trade in programm.

 

I think it could do with some tweaking as there have previously been way too many restrictions (particularly when WG decided you could only trade for high tier vehicles). As you say though, still better than nothing which is why I'm curious when we'll see the next one...

Gallant Prime #7 Posted 01 July 2020 - 03:10 AM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 49458 battles
  • 4,579
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostBrogueOne, on 29 June 2020 - 08:26 PM, said:

Who cares? Unless they make trade-able tanks unrestricted it’s totally pointless. Sure, you have an ELC you’ll never play..... but there’s NO guarantee you’ll be able to trade it next time.

Hell.... the Trade In program is practically obsolete anyway now. With free tanks from Earn Ops (and to a certain degree War Chests) any tanks you don’t play are worth WAY MORE as duplicates than at 50% value towards a 100% price tank.

 

I care, and your logic is troubling.  Basically, collect a bunch of tanks you don't want to play, to buy chests and get more tanks you don't want to play and once in awhile hit for some gold.  Without a viable trade in program to recycle the tanks I don't want--particularly duplicates, then I see no reason to essentially overspend on warchest.  



BrogueOne #8 Posted 01 July 2020 - 04:36 AM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 24645 battles
  • 11,088
  • [ELDER]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2016

View PostGallant Prime, on 01 July 2020 - 03:10 AM, said:

 

I care, and your logic is troubling.  Basically, collect a bunch of tanks you don't want to play, to buy chests and get more tanks you don't want to play and once in awhile hit for some gold.  Without a viable trade in program to recycle the tanks I don't want--particularly duplicates, then I see no reason to essentially overspend on warchest.  

War Chests are regularly free from Ranked and Long Haul for competitive players.  I’m also the kind of person who occasionally skips the 12 pack of beer on a weekend and gambles that $12 on chests for a giggle. That makes saving tanks for duplicate gold drops a viable tactic that lets me do things like buying out Valor or converting the last 100k FXP for Valour without thinking twice.

 

However... if you re-read my opening sentence to my post you quoted you’ll see that I immediately identified the core issue with the Trade-In program: limited user choice to trade from.  That’s what makes it mostly useless.  “Yay! Trade In is back and now I can trade off my awful Vindicator for a discount on the Atomic! What? What do you mean I can’t trade in my Vindicator?!?  Well, that’s just stupid... why do a trade in if I can’t trade in my tanks?!?”  
 

You should be troubled... troubled at WG’s logic... not mine! ;-)






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users