some ideas about buff/nerf. there is something else to do

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

gordon ser #1 Posted 30 June 2020 - 03:55 AM

Private

• Players
  • 22967 battles

Is there nothing to do for WG to this VINTAGE game except Buffing / Nerfing tanks with fun? If that is the case, I might have some tip for you: 

1. punish the heavy tanks duck at base, simply reduce the XP earning for long distance shots by heavies; 

2. instead of buff/nerf tanks based on superficial combat data, create some challenging points for the map. To be honest, tanks battle is group combat. More flat battleground is much easier to concentrate group players, and shooting, killing or being killed would bring more fun than finding the spots in the map to hide and sniping as this would separate the team, and the TDs are ofen too much behind to support the assault task. 

3. introduce more maps and earmark those maps from PC, combine city and open field areas in the same map. 

4. Not many players enjoy the lower tier tanks, risky but funny, consider to narrow the lower tiers. E.g., combine tier 1-4 into one tier, and current tier 5 is the starting point of fun. 

Very personal ideas for discussion and comment. 

Edited by gordon ser, 30 June 2020 - 03:57 AM.

El Materdor43 #2 Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:30 AM

Major

• Players
  • 36075 battles
  • [HACKS]

Buffing and nerfing are a necessary evil. I have had tanks that I enjoy playing nerfed, the E50, and I have had tanks buffed that make them more competitive, the Cent 7/1 some time back. Without those adjustments, players have no reason to grind some lines and yes, some players do have tanks nerfed in mid grind. For me, that happened with the AMX 13 105. 

Potato QQ #3 Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 26476 battles

View PostEl Materdor43, on 29 June 2020 - 08:30 PM, said:

Buffing and nerfing are a necessary evil. I have had tanks that I enjoy playing nerfed, the E50, and I have had tanks buffed that make them more competitive, the Cent 7/1 some time back. Without those adjustments, players have no reason to grind some lines and yes, some players do have tanks nerfed in mid grind. For me, that happened with the AMX 13 105. 

This ^^^

As buffing and nerfing is necessary, the way WG does it is completely done based on a magical spreadsheet instead of actually playing the game and learning the tanks and making adjustments that is necessary. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users