which tank to choose?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

RAGE607 #1 Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:27 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 6722 battles

TL: DR: Which one of the three earnable tanks should I get?

So I don't own many us tanks and don't know much about them. I don't own any of the three (standard or reskin).

I approached the problem in different ways (didn't help with the decision):

The looks:

If I would choose by the looks, the vengeance would be out immediately. I like black tanks, but the super edgy skull on the back, that I have to look at all the time, kills it.

Actually why did the skulls on the Höllenhund have to be removed, but not this one?

The past:

Back in the day, when there where only the knight, freedom and liberte, everybody said, that the  freedom was op. But today, many old tanks have been power crept very hard. But it still has pmm.

LiteralComic635 #2 Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:08 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 4441 battles

I only have the Freedom and Patriot, so my choice is obvious, and I will pick up the Vengeance. Were I you, and I don't have any of the three the Patriot is the most valuable in terms of gold price, and it is a very good tank to boot.

The Freedom has lost a step since the glory days of its release but it's not really a bad tank either. It earns good silver and can be competitive, though not always in battle. 

Since I have none of the three tanks on my alternate account I will go with the Patriot for it.

Happy tanking!

ChubbyBuckle06 aka LiteralComic635 

SILVRCAT #3 Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:20 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34950 battles

I recommend the Patriot. This one has a stronger gun, stronger armor, is more expensive and better overall.

I’m also going for it myself.

Second choice would be the Freedom. It’s still more than capable, just 3 marked mine a few weeks back. You may need to use Premium ammo on this one but it’s still pretty good. I love mine.

Last choice would be Vengeance. The main reason being the weak pea-shooter gun the tank has. Even with Premium ammo it seems to struggle. Good mobility and what not, but horrible penetration. I dislike tanks with weak guns. GL

Allegheny64 #4 Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:21 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 58824 battles
  • [PUR]

Freedom 

'An what I do on yer' grave won't pass for flowers

RAGE607 #5 Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:23 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 6722 battles
Is the patriots turret at least a bit bouncy? I am tending towards it.

Red Dough Boy #6 Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:38 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 29000 battles
  • [_POI_]

View PostRAGE607, on 30 June 2020 - 01:23 PM, said:

Is the patriots turret at least a bit bouncy? I am tending towards it.

If you sit still enemies will target the weakspots since the tank has existed in game for so long, if you wiggle and drive forwards and backwards with it you can throw a lot of shots aimed at the turret off.

The Freedom's hull is still very good compared to a lot of tier 8 mediums and even heavies. It lacks speed but the armor, decent gun, and pmm make up for it. 

Between the T26E4 and the T26E5 it comes down to what you need. Do you need a tier 8 pmm trainer/silver earner, or a tier 8 regular matchmaking heavy tank with a good gun and turret? 

If I only had a Baneblade....

RAGE607 #7 Posted 30 June 2020 - 10:44 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 6722 battles

I like heavies and tend towards the patriot. But the pmm of the freedom... Hard  to decide.

Is that an adeptus mechanicus in your profile? Would love to have some w40k tanks in the game.

LordWilliam71 #8 Posted 30 June 2020 - 10:51 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17067 battles
  • [JOCO]

Patriot if you don't own any of them.

The PMM of the Freedom is a good incentive to pick it if you don't mind it's slow speed.

Vengeance is an excellent crew trainer with its bonuses but you need to still do well in it to actually earn xp.

ECT unCOUNTed #9 Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:34 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32848 battles

Tagging this as i'm also interested in feedback for these tanks,mostly between the Vengeance and the Patriot.

Looking at the models in game the vengeance has a huge ammorack which kind of puts me off, at tier8 American premiums i have the Patton KR and the T32a proto and enjoy both.

I'm leaning towards the Patriot as i'm not that interested in crew training, i just want a tank that is fun and competitive. I like to play all classes and styles except arty. Any suggestion is welcome

f1mitku #10 Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:44 AM

Major

• Players
  • 53640 battles

Most probably the most common answer to your question should be - Patriot as the most people like this one and it's the most expensive from the list.

But every one of these premiums has its own pro's and con's and I like them all. You wouldn't be wrong to choose any one of them.

Don't rush me, I'm waiting for the last moment!

I44I Warlock #11 Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:52 AM

Major

• Players
  • 41342 battles
  • [I66I]

Patriot is very good if you like the Pershing playstyle. Good silver boost as well (57%) with usefull turret and hull armor and ok mobility. 

A bit of a crossover between T32 and Pershing. 

Freedom is good because of the spaced armor, +1mm and 57% sipver boosts but very slow and only good agains players who don't know where to shoot. 

Vengeance had an additional crew boost. Peronally i like the mobility and gunhandling but the gun itself is a bit weak against T10 tanks. It also has less armor than a Pershing. 

- Execute Order 66 -

3 marked tanks: 76

>Arty is op, takes no skill and is a toxic game mechanic. 

Server problems? It's your ISP. Or your houseplant, who knows. 

ScottyDubs77 #12 Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:49 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19232 battles
Freedom has PMM which has that going for it but it’s awfully slow for a medium, since I already have one I’ll be getting patriot, prob would still get patriot even if i didn’t have freedom though

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users