Jump to content


weather maps


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Way2ez4u2 #1 Posted 01 July 2020 - 12:27 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 48153 battles
  • 723
  • [NFTG]
  • Member since:
    10-16-2013
Do we have them to be cute? How often are battles fought in extreme weather?

Poppyluv77 #2 Posted 01 July 2020 - 12:29 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 16916 battles
  • 1,047
  • Member since:
    01-05-2017
It’s just another example of negative “product differentiation” from PC. Yea I guess WG think it’s cute to deliberately troll us with these annoying map modes and variants.

BrogueOne #3 Posted 01 July 2020 - 12:34 AM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 24645 battles
  • 11,088
  • [ELDER]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2016
How many games did you play before you got the big bad scary weather map?  50? 100?  They’re only restricted to high tiers and have a ridiculously low chance/weighting in the MM.  Sure, sometimes RNG throws you a couple extra once in a while.... but it’s a nice way to break up getting Prokorovka 10 times in a row.

Potato QQ #4 Posted 01 July 2020 - 12:38 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 26476 battles
  • 6,300
  • Member since:
    04-15-2014

I don't mind different  weather variations maps, if anything the weather should  be part of the game. Instead of a single map type.



tokyobatman #5 Posted 01 July 2020 - 01:46 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 15637 battles
  • 778
  • [NOPE]
  • Member since:
    08-06-2017

Love them...:great:

 

Maps... not the prison stuff...


Edited by tokyobatman, 01 July 2020 - 01:48 AM.

 “I disapprove with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Rubbelito #6 Posted 01 July 2020 - 05:49 AM

    Major

  • WoTC Online Contributor
  • 27422 battles
  • 9,016
  • [IMTLZ]
  • Member since:
    02-04-2016

I like'm.

Had a 10k comb game yesterday on the  Muro version.

Just adapt and exploit.



KNALLLER #7 Posted 01 July 2020 - 06:48 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 16459 battles
  • 641
  • Member since:
    08-06-2016
2 weather Maps in row plus shi. Matchmaking...Good Job WG 

 

 

 

 


Poppyluv77 #8 Posted 01 July 2020 - 04:46 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 16916 battles
  • 1,047
  • Member since:
    01-05-2017

View PostRubbelito, on 01 July 2020 - 05:49 AM, said:

I like'm.

Had a 10k comb game yesterday on the  Muro version.

Just adapt and exploit.

 

Sure if you like them. Give us option similar to PC to blacklist maps/modes/variants. That way people like you who enjoy can continue to play them. People like me will not have to suffer them. PC doesn’t have this troll variant. It’s not fun to play, at all. Having said that, I aced my Conway on a sandstorm Extreme Weather variant yesterday. So I was able to “adapt and exploit”, whatever I guess. It wasn’t fun at all. Despite “adapting,” and getting an Ace tanker, I would prefer not to play these troll maps anymore.

Pit Friend #9 Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:48 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 36563 battles
  • 20,172
  • [PTATO]
  • Member since:
    07-14-2014
With the sometimes iffy optics the vehicles of the game era they didn’t. 

I don’t know how to act my age! I’ve never been this old before!


ooo NO ONE ooo #10 Posted 02 July 2020 - 07:03 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 65434 battles
  • 3,878
  • [MMTLS]
  • Member since:
    02-19-2014

View PostPoppyluv77, on 01 July 2020 - 04:46 PM, said:

 

Sure if you like them. Give us option similar to PC to blacklist maps/modes/variants. That way people like you who enjoy can continue to play them. People like me will not have to suffer them. PC doesn’t have this troll variant. It’s not fun to play, at all. Having said that, I aced my Conway on a sandstorm Extreme Weather variant yesterday. So I was able to “adapt and exploit”, whatever I guess. It wasn’t fun at all. Despite “adapting,” and getting an Ace tanker, I would prefer not to play these troll maps anymore.

 

We don't have blacklist and they come up so rarely as to be irrelevant.

There are far bigger problems in this game.


 

3 MoE's: None.


Poppyluv77 #11 Posted 02 July 2020 - 05:40 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 16916 battles
  • 1,047
  • Member since:
    01-05-2017

View Postooo NO ONE ooo, on 02 July 2020 - 07:03 AM, said:

 

We don't have blacklist and they come up so rarely as to be irrelevant.

There are far bigger problems in this game.

 

I know we don’t have blacklist. PC does. Give us this option too. I have gotten Extreme weather 6x in the last few sessions. It would be an easy fix to just remove or give us option to avoid. If we had mode bans, like PC, I for one would blacklist Encounter.

 

I wish there was a way to know which maps are in rotation on any given day. It’s like you get the same 6 to 8 maps over and over for days.

 

For example, if I knew ahead of time that Ensk Encounter, Abbey Assault, Icebound, Ardennes Encounter, any map Encounter etc., are the featured heavily rotated maps of the day, I would find something else to do, like watch a movie, read the newspaper, make a sandwich, anything 



NeonLeon4 #12 Posted 02 July 2020 - 10:11 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 18084 battles
  • 234
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    07-05-2015
Everyone's experience will differ, but I think I've seen the extreme weather maps 3 or 4 times in the last 3 months. Honestly wouldn't mind seeing them more often

Smell ya' later  - JaCrispy


Poppyluv77 #13 Posted 02 July 2020 - 10:18 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 16916 battles
  • 1,047
  • Member since:
    01-05-2017

View PostNeonLeon4, on 02 July 2020 - 10:11 PM, said:

Everyone's experience will differ, but I think I've seen the extreme weather maps 3 or 4 times in the last 3 months. Honestly wouldn't mind seeing them more often

 

You’re probably in the minority. But since you want to see more of them while I never want to see these troll variants, they could easily accomplish this with map / mode bans, similar to PC. Interestingly, no one on pc laments they don’t have these atrocious troll maps. Everyone I know who left console for pc is very happy to not have extreme weather. Very. And everyone of them blacklists Encounter mode, another troll mode. I don’t know which console or server you’re on, but the mental capabilities of the vast majority of players on the PS4 NA server can barely grapple with Standard and Team Destruction modes. I’m not being facetious. That’s a sincere and true statement.

ooo NO ONE ooo #14 Posted 03 July 2020 - 09:55 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 65434 battles
  • 3,878
  • [MMTLS]
  • Member since:
    02-19-2014

View PostPoppyluv77, on 02 July 2020 - 10:18 PM, said:

 

You’re probably in the minority. But since you want to see more of them while I never want to see these troll variants, they could easily accomplish this with map / mode bans, similar to PC. Interestingly, no one on pc laments they don’t have these atrocious troll maps. Everyone I know who left console for pc is very happy to not have extreme weather. Very. And everyone of them blacklists Encounter mode, another troll mode. I don’t know which console or server you’re on, but the mental capabilities of the vast majority of players on the PS4 NA server can barely grapple with Standard and Team Destruction modes. I’m not being facetious. That’s a sincere and true statement.

 

I love them too. However I agree with you that map rotation is truly awful. All a WG employee has to do is play 30 odd battles a day for a few days to realise this. But of course they don't.

 

3 MoE's: None.


BrogueOne #15 Posted 03 July 2020 - 12:06 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 24645 battles
  • 11,088
  • [ELDER]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2016

View Postooo NO ONE ooo, on 03 July 2020 - 09:55 AM, said:

 

I love them too. However I agree with you that map rotation is truly awful. All a WG employee has to do is play 30 odd battles a day for a few days to realise this. But of course they don't.

Why don’t you get educated?  I linked a video in this thread where the guy in charge of maps actually talks about maps and answers player questions about them.  There is none more ignorant than the uninformed. http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/245723-why-max-whhhhhyyyyy/page__pid__5019880#entry5019880



killer etzi0 #16 Posted 03 July 2020 - 01:07 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 62248 battles
  • 20,117
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    06-20-2014
Weather map + a good scout = bad news for the red team

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

 

Ronald Reagan
 

 


rick007cmx1 #17 Posted 03 July 2020 - 01:09 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 60613 battles
  • 2,655
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View PostBrogueOne, on 30 June 2020 - 06:34 PM, said:

How many games did you play before you got the big bad scary weather map? 50? 100? They’re only restricted to high tiers and have a ridiculously low chance/weighting in the MM. Sure, sometimes RNG throws you a couple extra once in a while.... but it’s a nice way to break up getting Prokorovka 10 times in a row.

 

For real! They want to cancel everything.

rick007cmx1 #18 Posted 03 July 2020 - 01:13 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 60613 battles
  • 2,655
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View PostPoppyluv77, on 02 July 2020 - 11:40 AM, said:

 

I know we don’t have blacklist. PC does. Give us this option too. I have gotten Extreme weather 6x in the last few sessions. It would be an easy fix to just remove or give us option to avoid. If we had mode bans, like PC, I for one would blacklist Encounter.

 

I wish there was a way to know which maps are in rotation on any given day. It’s like you get the same 6 to 8 maps over and over for days.

 

For example, if I knew ahead of time that Ensk Encounter, Abbey Assault, Icebound, Ardennes Encounter, any map Encounter etc., are the featured heavily rotated maps of the day, I would find something else to do, like watch a movie, read the newspaper, make a sandwich, anything 

 

WOT is still being played on PC. Go now and put an end to this nonsense.

Poppyluv77 #19 Posted 03 July 2020 - 02:58 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 16916 battles
  • 1,047
  • Member since:
    01-05-2017

View Postrick007cmx1, on 03 July 2020 - 01:13 PM, said:

 

WOT is still being played on PC. Go now and put an end to this nonsense.

 

How and why does my preference not to play troll map modes like extreme weather and Encounter pose such a threat to you? PC gives its players this choice. Why not here? No one complains about having the choice. My hypothetical choice not to play Encounter or extreme weather would not impose on your choice to play those maps if you prefer them. The player base I see consistently plays these modes wrong and barely struggles to grapple with Standard and even team destruction. 

Rubbelito #20 Posted 03 July 2020 - 03:06 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Online Contributor
  • 27422 battles
  • 9,016
  • [IMTLZ]
  • Member since:
    02-04-2016

View PostPoppyluv77, on 03 July 2020 - 04:58 PM, said:

 

PC gives its players this choice. Why not here?

 

We don't even have a fraction of the PC player base.

Queues would likely get too long.

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users