Jump to content


Thanks WG

Tanks wrestling

  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

SlagInGristle-x #1 Posted 29 July 2020 - 07:10 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 40309 battles
  • 4,138
  • [6SIC6]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

Just wanted to thank WG for wot console edition. Really enjoyed it during the original 360 days. That console and this game followed myself and Family thru some amazing events and definitely helped to escape mentally from very serious ongoings. The original Xbox one release was also certainly a step up and enjoyed the game further. Game expanded with interesting content. 
 

Then things changed. Off topic but fun holiday stuff.... then the deluge of premium tanks began... etc. etc. etc.  Then we get to WWE. A big thanks there as well WG I hope you enjoyed the money I spent on this game! Obviously all it was ever about - and here I thought you had some passion for tanks and military history etc. with this post I will be now also removing the forum browser pin. Looking at some “wrestlers” when seeing this page is also disconcerting. 
 

So thank you for the good times and for the hard stop. Its better to cut ties quickly than drag it out. 



ooo NO ONE ooo-x #2 Posted 29 July 2020 - 07:38 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 65743 battles
  • 3,918
  • [MMTLS]
  • Member since:
    02-19-2014

I must agree. I haven't switched on since the update. Although I thoroughly dislike the new theme. It's not even why I've stopped playing.

Just an accumulation of poor decisions, laziness and disappointments I guess.


 

3 MoE's: None.


RUNNINGDUDE1-x #3 Posted 29 July 2020 - 10:17 AM

    Major

  • Supertest - Xbox One
  • 26097 battles
  • 10,842
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013
You realize this is not a realistic game. 

XLilabnerX-x #4 Posted 29 July 2020 - 10:22 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 71421 battles
  • 2,289
  • [T7CAV]
  • Member since:
    05-10-2014

View PostRUNNINGDUDE1-x, on 29 July 2020 - 10:17 AM, said:

You realize this is not a realistic game. 

Did you read op's post?

Regardless why take a swipe at a departing player? Very courageous



JelliedPenny08-x #5 Posted 29 July 2020 - 10:47 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20059 battles
  • 5,177
  • [6APC]
  • Member since:
    06-07-2014

View PostSlagInGristle-x, on 29 July 2020 - 07:10 AM, said:

Just wanted to thank WG for wot console edition. Really enjoyed it during the original 360 days. That console and this game followed myself and Family thru some amazing events and definitely helped to escape mentally from very serious ongoings. The original Xbox one release was also certainly a step up and enjoyed the game further. Game expanded with interesting content. 
 

Then things changed. Off topic but fun holiday stuff.... then the deluge of premium tanks began... etc. etc. etc.  Then we get to WWE. A big thanks there as well WG I hope you enjoyed the money I spent on this game! Obviously all it was ever about - and here I thought you had some passion for tanks and military history etc. with this post I will be now also removing the forum browser pin. Looking at some “wrestlers” when seeing this page is also disconcerting. 
 

So thank you for the good times and for the hard stop. Its better to cut ties quickly than drag it out. 

 

Good luck and thanks for your contribution to the forum. Remember never say never - you might feel different after September. 

:)



radonism-x #6 Posted 29 July 2020 - 11:32 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 19531 battles
  • 2,279
  • Member since:
    11-08-2014

View PostSlagInGristle-x, on 29 July 2020 - 07:10 AM, said:

Just wanted to thank WG for wot console edition. Really enjoyed it during the original 360 days. That console and this game followed myself and Family thru some amazing events and definitely helped to escape mentally from very serious ongoings. The original Xbox one release was also certainly a step up and enjoyed the game further. Game expanded with interesting content. 
 

Then things changed. Off topic but fun holiday stuff.... then the deluge of premium tanks began... etc. etc. etc.  Then we get to WWE. A big thanks there as well WG I hope you enjoyed the money I spent on this game! Obviously all it was ever about - and here I thought you had some passion for tanks and military history etc. with this post I will be now also removing the forum browser pin. Looking at some “wrestlers” when seeing this page is also disconcerting. 
 

So thank you for the good times and for the hard stop. Its better to cut ties quickly than drag it out. 

 

View Postooo NO ONE ooo-x, on 29 July 2020 - 07:38 AM, said:

I must agree. I haven't switched on since the update. Although I thoroughly dislike the new theme. It's not even why I've stopped playing.

Just an accumulation of poor decisions, laziness and disappointments I guess.

 

Yep, I'm pretty much with you. I've not logged on since 5.0 and don't have any intention to do so. However, I'm "keeping my powder dry" on the September onward period. If the game moves back towards the Valor direction, rather than further into the ridiculous, I may very well re-engage and play. If there's a Season Sham 2, I plan to gift away all my remaining gold and will be fully done. 

 

Either way, I've picked up and became totally enthralled in No Man's Sky since 5.0 dropped. It's an incredible game in my humble opinion. So thanks are due to WG for that. Without their little prompt to move on, I'd still probably be tanking, chasing another premium tank I don't need and being annoyed at getting Abbey for the 3rd time today...



MilitaryGoose05-x #7 Posted 29 July 2020 - 12:07 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 16017 battles
  • 540
  • Member since:
    07-08-2015

View Postradonism-x, on 29 July 2020 - 11:32 AM, said:

 

 

Yep, I'm pretty much with you. I've not logged on since 5.0 and don't have any intention to do so. However, I'm "keeping my powder dry" on the September onward period. If the game moves back towards the Valor direction, rather than further into the ridiculous, I may very well re-engage and play. If there's a Season Sham 2, I plan to gift away all my remaining gold and will be fully done. 

 

Either way, I've picked up and became totally enthralled in No Man's Sky since 5.0 dropped. It's an incredible game in my humble opinion. So thanks are due to WG for that. Without their little prompt to move on, I'd still probably be tanking, chasing another premium tank I don't need and being annoyed at getting Abbey for the 3rd time today...

 

 

Yeah there's a lot of other games out there now, particularly if you have Gamepass.

 

It does very much feel like Wot V5 has reached the 'desperate money grabbing' stage of an online games decline.



Mucky Chimp-x #8 Posted 29 July 2020 - 01:24 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21635 battles
  • 106
  • Member since:
    09-11-2013

Sadly I have to agree with the OP and subsequent commentators.

 

I love tanks and I've really enjoyed the game for years (and spent a great deal of money) but it's plain the developers are not focusing their efforts on my demographic or approach. My clan mates have slowly left and the game has slowly crumbled.

 

Logged on once since v5.0.  It's bad. The UI is terrible and the whole vibe grim. Shame really as I've been waiting for cross-play for years. Extraordinary that they should take a great step like cross-play and then kick it in the teeth with this terrible WWE tie-in when so much else could have been achieved.

 

Maybe one day well see improved MM, -1/+1 and a return to the game's core values...but I'm not holding my breath.  Until then, it's other distractions from me.

 

So long.

 


Edited by Mucky Chimp-x, 29 July 2020 - 01:27 PM.


tokyobatman-p #9 Posted 29 July 2020 - 02:01 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 16903 battles
  • 963
  • [XIXLG]
  • Member since:
    08-06-2017

Is the game as bad as players make it out to be, not even close to it... Yes, their are players that are not happy with WWE and maybe the next theme will be more to their liking.  However, Wg has made good improvements  with cross play, better looking maps, rebalancing of tanks (some of which I thought did not need them) and of course adding a few new maps and hopefully more this fall.  No game is perfect and players will come and go in all games. WG will continue and people will still play the game.


 “I disapprove with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Hazelrock-x #10 Posted 29 July 2020 - 02:11 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 29171 battles
  • 65
  • Member since:
    09-21-2013
I can overlook the stupid wrestling theme, what I cannot and will not stand for is the season pass. 

Eskadrinis-p #11 Posted 29 July 2020 - 02:15 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 13626 battles
  • 149
  • Member since:
    10-01-2016
40k games played... see u in a few months

TheOneWhoPlucks-x #12 Posted 29 July 2020 - 02:56 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 19728 battles
  • 3,108
  • [-XGN-]
  • Member since:
    11-09-2013
This is a net win for both the forum and what ever green team That had to carry you.

Follower of Tin’s interpretation of proverb Mathew 7-3

and

Lj’s interpretation of proverb Mathew 7-5


Poppyluv77-p #13 Posted 29 July 2020 - 02:59 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 17036 battles
  • 1,384
  • Member since:
    01-05-2017

View PostTheOneWhoPlucks-x, on 29 July 2020 - 02:56 PM, said:

This is a net win for both the forum and what ever green team That had to carry you.

 

Lol, if you’re looking for polite, erudite, gentlemanly, higher minded game discussion, you can always count on this forum 

Poppyluv77-p #14 Posted 29 July 2020 - 03:02 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 17036 battles
  • 1,384
  • Member since:
    01-05-2017

View Postooo NO ONE ooo-x, on 29 July 2020 - 07:38 AM, said:

I must agree. I haven't switched on since the update. Although I thoroughly dislike the new theme. It's not even why I've stopped playing.

Just an accumulation of poor decisions, laziness and disappointments I guess.

 

Pretty much this. Especially your last line



OldRugger51-x #15 Posted 29 July 2020 - 03:17 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 21073 battles
  • 1,168
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostHazelrock-x, on 29 July 2020 - 09:11 AM, said:

I can overlook the stupid wrestling theme, what I cannot and will not stand for is the season pass. 

 

Exactly. I have dropped a huge amount of disposable income on this game, both Xbox and PS4, which was my decision given the way things were set up for years. Having my arm twisted to spend money angered me greatly. I do not know what the outcome will be - play or not - but at this juncture I am definitely sitting out for a bit while I simmer down.

A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life...anything that happens before or after...it's just waiting. - Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in LeMans


Highlordwurm-x #16 Posted 29 July 2020 - 03:22 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 19238 battles
  • 713
  • [AZHOL]
  • Member since:
    01-04-2015

I just never realized how much I was internally 'role playing' when I game.  I would imagine I'm defending our supply depot, or attacking an enemy HQ.  Then Mercenaries came out and I could really get into that!  Maybe we are part of a formal battle, like champions coming forward from the line to decide their army's fate.  After the battle, we go back to our war torn city states with our booty, comforted that we sacrificed for our people.  I dunno, this wasn't REALLY going through the front of my mind while playing, just reflecting on what is different now, and why it feels more like habit now to join a game, rather than fun.  I just cannot fit a wrestling ring into this.

And season pass?  Lol!  you didn't think they would come up with something even MORE predatory to avenge themselves on us for demanding an end to loot boxes!?;)


 


TulpeFracht26-x #17 Posted 29 July 2020 - 03:23 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 72855 battles
  • 287
  • [VGST]
  • Member since:
    01-01-2015
 

I feel with you
that it is already so shameful that you have to be ashamed to drive a standard tank from the normal tech tree,
because then other players think what a poor pig, he can not get a premium, mercenary or "wrestling" tank Afford ?



TheOneWhoPlucks-x #18 Posted 29 July 2020 - 05:43 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 19728 battles
  • 3,108
  • [-XGN-]
  • Member since:
    11-09-2013

View PostPoppyluv77-p, on 29 July 2020 - 06:59 AM, said:

 

Lol, if you’re looking for polite, erudite, gentlemanly, higher minded game discussion, you can always count on this forum 


well with him gone we’ve come a long way to fixing that. Now if only we could get rid of you. Also if you’re going to go to the trouble of putting commas in a sentence you should probably form a proper sentence. We wouldn’t want your “intelligence“ to come off as ignorance. 


Follower of Tin’s interpretation of proverb Mathew 7-3

and

Lj’s interpretation of proverb Mathew 7-5


RUNNINGDUDE1-x #19 Posted 29 July 2020 - 06:55 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - Xbox One
  • 26097 battles
  • 10,842
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013

View PostXLilabnerX-x, on 29 July 2020 - 02:22 AM, said:

Did you read op's post?

Regardless why take a swipe at a departing player? Very courageous

I read the post and where did I take a swipe at him again? This isn’t wt. world of warships has had themes that aren’t realistic either. Look at the pc version of tanks and you’ll see events. Again you guys cry like a bunch of girls



Poppyluv77-p #20 Posted 30 July 2020 - 04:14 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 17036 battles
  • 1,384
  • Member since:
    01-05-2017

View PostTheOneWhoPlucks-x, on 29 July 2020 - 05:43 PM, said:


well with him gone we’ve come a long way to fixing that. Now if only we could get rid of you. Also if you’re going to go to the trouble of putting commas in a sentence you should probably form a proper sentence. We wouldn’t want your “intelligence“ to come off as ignorance. 

 

I guess you didn’t appreciate the humor





Also tagged with Tanks, wrestling

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users