Meta change from artillery point of view

xbox ps4 meta

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

SPUK4U-p #1 Posted 01 August 2020 - 09:06 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15244 battles

I play artillery mainly in NA server as I like to understand what people scream in the mic. Now with the crossplay I have observed from the sky that game meta has changed a lot.  Xbox players that I see are more aggressive and they are less aware of artillery and snipers.  With PS4 only I saw how both teams used shadow of buildings and hills to cover them self and it was really hard to take good shots as tanks were exposed only brief moment.  With crossplay I see how PS4 players are left behind to hug walls and Xbox players just roll forward and stop only when they encounter enemy resistance.  I see how Xbox players are forced to stop in bad locations where there is little or no cover like in the open field behind a dead tank.  Is this because skilled players players took a break from the game due to WWE or is because this combined meta is still in complete mess and is looking to settle up? 

-- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve --

amanwiththree-x #2 Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:00 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 33011 battles

I'm struggling with finding a new game play style in the new CP world.

I don't want to get all Sun Tzu about a video game but my play style is that of calculated risk and aggressive pushing, always keeping my gun at or as near to the reds as much as possible.

I try to support and help not purely out of altruism, but to try and win, maybe get a good score, but ultimately to have a good sweaty palmed tank v tank fight on a level playing field.

I'm not saying that's the right way to play or that everyone should play this way, we are all individuals. I respect anyone's opinion, except campers.

The majority of players don't play this way now, unless they have come from the Xbox side I've found.

PS players have evolved in a different environment, it is just incredibly campy by comparison to the Xb and the lemming train is just the norm.

That is how the same game has evolved on the PS4 because half the team camp base, or run to the back of the map, which only leaves half of the teams to push and if you run into the red's lemming train you don't want to be outnumbered.

There's logic in that.

Then whoever loses the battle of the lemmings drives into the gunsights of the campers who finally emerge for the garbage kills, and milk their e-peens.

Running into a wall of camping invisible TD's is one of the greatest perils for an aggressive player now, as I've found out.

So in the mix are two different styles which are almost bipolar.

So now, I thought, it's mid range sniping then, staying close to the train and with an eye on the base because a whole flank is undefended, but no, my gun can't hit a thing anymore.

I'm struggling to find a style of play that fits the new meta,and still enjoy. I really hope the dust settles down, but the fact that I spend more time slagging the game off even more than ever rather than play it says a lot.

Time for another break, maybe things will settle down and both consoles can learn from one another .

I kill campers-x

RadiantPup27709-x #3 Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:14 AM

Major

• Players
  • 29900 battles

Someone wants to start a fight...:trollface:

The only change that I noticed is that it's like the return of the Kinect for game chat.

PS4 players, please adjust your mic sensitivity. No one needs to hear everything going on in your home.

Zathustra-x #4 Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:21 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 29686 battles

View Postamanwiththree-x, on 01 August 2020 - 06:00 AM, said:

I don't want to get all Sun Tzu about a video game but my play style is that of calculated risk and aggressive pushing, always keeping my gun at or as near to the reds as much as possible.

I try to support and help not purely out of altruism, but to try and win, maybe get a good score, but ultimately to have a good sweaty palmed tank v tank fight on a level playing field.

I'm not saying that's the right way to play or that everyone should play this way, we are all individuals. I respect anyone's opinion, except campers.

The majority of players don't play this way now, unless they have come from the Xbox side I've found.

PS players have evolved in a different environment, it is just incredibly campy by comparison to the Xb and the lemming train is just the norm.

That is how the same game has evolved on the PS4 because half the team camp base, or run to the back of the map, which only leaves half of the teams to push and if you run into the red's lemming train you don't want to be outnumbered.

There's logic in that.

Then whoever loses the battle of the lemmings drives into the gunsights of the campers who finally emerge for the garbage kills, and milk their e-peens.

Running into a wall of camping invisible TD's is one of the greatest perils for an aggressive player now, as I've found out.

So now, I thought, it's mid range sniping then, staying close to the train and with an eye on the base because a whole flank is undefended, but no, my gun can't hit a thing anymore.

I'm struggling to find a style of play that fits the new meta,and still enjoy. I really hope the dust settles down, but the fact that I spend more time slagging the game off even more than ever rather than play it says a lot.

Time for another break, maybe things will settle down and both consoles can learn from one another .

I am playing on both consoles on NA server. My main account is xbox so my PS account is not as well used. I am quite aware of the differences in play style and like you, I am having to adapt. In a couple of months the differences should merge into a new style of play for most players on both consoles. Since I am now playing the PS account to build it up, there are fewer PS players on the NA server so it is easier to play my xbox style with my PS account. Cross play for PS4 players on the NA server is good because there are 3-4 times as many players now on that server since most NA players were xbox while most PS players are on the EU server.

amanwiththree-x #5 Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:31 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 33011 battles

I'd be on NA in a flash were it not for the ping.

Since lockdown I'll get red or yellow and lag when I cross the Atlantic, so I'm stuck on EU in what seems like a totally different game.

I have often been the only Xbox player in a match.

Edit, sorry OP didn't mean to derail, I had an extended brain fart

Edited by amanwiththree-x, 01 August 2020 - 11:35 AM.

I kill campers-x

R0B1N PL-x #6 Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:50 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43430 battles
  • [DMTNT]

View Postamanwiththree-x, on 01 August 2020 - 11:00 AM, said:

There's logic in that.

This is what i wanted to say.

Corrupted Ewok-x #7 Posted 01 August 2020 - 12:33 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 19053 battles
  • [REEK]

View Postamanwiththree-x, on 01 August 2020 - 11:31 AM, said:

Since lockdown I'll get red or yellow and lag when I cross the Atlantic, so I'm stuck on EU in what seems like a totally different game.

I'm also finding xbox players are the minority on EU. Good to see that heavies "defending the base" right up until the moment something gets close enough to spot them, then joining the attack on whichever flank they're least needed on has been a thing on both consoles.

I observe PS players as being far more cap oriented. On Xbox even the average players would gravitate towards positions that lend themselves to relocating if needs be, excluding the campers anyway. PS players tend to prefer the map boundaries so at a certain point they're going to the cap or going to the garage.

It's bizarre but with all this capping games are as often as not being won and lost on the less populated flanks.

Watcha gonna do, when Tankamania runs wild on YOU!

Tempest fox3-x #8 Posted 01 August 2020 - 12:47 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 23582 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostCorrupted Ewok-x, on 01 August 2020 - 12:33 PM, said:

I'm also finding xbox players are the minority on EU. Good to see that heavies "defending the base" right up until the moment something gets close enough to spot them, then joining the attack on whichever flank they're least needed on has been a thing on both consoles.

I observe PS players as being far more cap oriented. On Xbox even the average players would gravitate towards positions that lend themselves to relocating if needs be, excluding the campers anyway. PS players tend to prefer the map boundaries so at a certain point they're going to the cap or going to the garage.

It's bizarre but with all this capping games are as often as not being won and lost on the less populated flanks.

NA seems to be like 90% Xbox players while EU is 90% PS4 players. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25, Boilermaker, Sentinel AC4 Experimental, M41B Brazil- In order obtained

Spoiler

Pit Friend-x #9 Posted 01 August 2020 - 12:54 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37075 battles
  • [PTATO]

I don’t know how to act my age! I’ve never been this old before!

SPUK4U-p #10 Posted 01 August 2020 - 12:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15244 battles

View Postamanwiththree-x, on 01 August 2020 - 11:31 AM, said:

I think I need to play few sets in EU server to see if there is same difference.  I usually play EU server when server population or ping is bad in NA server.  I have always felt that meta in EU server is not consistent and that it changes depending on time of day.

-- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve --

amanwiththree-x #11 Posted 01 August 2020 - 01:09 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 33011 battles

View PostCorrupted Ewok-x, on 01 August 2020 - 12:33 PM, said:

I think the cap obsession comes from the campy game play. There's a 50/50 chance that you'll run into the lemming train, and it seems that it's perfectly acceptable to just rush the cap once you've got the empty flank.

I'd always go hunt them down, because I like shooting at things and that's what I learned from far, far, better players than I.

The play style has evolved as if in their own ecosystems.

"Monkey see, monkey do" was a favourite saying of a bastard drill instructor I knew, meaning that we all learn from each others example.

My son told me that it was entirely different once he started playing on PS4,( now long quit the game), but by how much!

I kill campers-x

amanwiththree-x #12 Posted 01 August 2020 - 01:14 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 33011 battles

View PostRadiantPup27709-x, on 01 August 2020 - 11:14 AM, said:

Someone wants to start a fight...:trollface:

The only change that I noticed is that it's like the return of the Kinect for game chat.

PS4 players, please adjust your mic sensitivity. No one needs to hear everything going on in your home.

No, we should be able to discuss this like adults.

Anyway my Dad's bigger than your Dad and my big brother has a black belt in fujitsu.

So ner.

I kill campers-x

Corrupted Ewok-x #13 Posted 01 August 2020 - 01:22 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 19053 battles
  • [REEK]

View Postamanwiththree-x, on 01 August 2020 - 01:09 PM, said:

I think the cap obsession comes from the campy game play. There's a 50/50 chance that you'll run into the lemming train, and it seems that it's perfectly acceptable to just rush the cap once you've got the empty flank.

I'd always go hunt them down, because I like shooting at things and that's what I learned from far, far, better players than I.

The play style has evolved as if in their own ecosystems.

"Monkey see, monkey do" was a favourite saying of a bastard drill instructor I knew, meaning that we all learn from each others example.

My son told me that it was entirely different once he started playing on PS4,( now long quit the game), but by how much!

You know what I find extremely puzzling and irritating? The lemming trains don't seem to form on team destruction where you could actually appreciate them. Every Avenue of attack covered, and nothing behind them to defend.

Give us cross play we cried. They give us cross play and we're gonna end up driving each other out lol.

amanwiththree-x #14 Posted 01 August 2020 - 01:53 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 33011 battles

View PostCorrupted Ewok-x, on 01 August 2020 - 01:22 PM, said:

You know what I find extremely puzzling and irritating? The lemming trains don't seem to form on team destruction where you could actually appreciate them. Every Avenue of attack covered, and nothing behind them to defend.

Give us cross play we cried. They give us cross play and we're gonna end up driving each other out lol.

I know. I've got past the anger, the surprise etc now I'm trying to adapt to a new environment.

I'm learning quickly that the missing reds are 99% in all probability camping their base rather than exploiting an opportunity for starters.

We Beta testers were privilidged to play with and learn from a small group of truly outstanding players, before RNG, crew perks, boosters, made up crutch tanks, cheap prammo etc

So it's bound to be different.

And I am a dinosaur.

I kill campers-x

deadmeat1027-x #15 Posted 01 August 2020 - 04:46 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 19467 battles

View Postamanwiththree-x, on 01 August 2020 - 07:53 AM, said:

I know. I've got past the anger, the surprise etc now I'm trying to adapt to a new environment.

I'm learning quickly that the missing reds are 99% in all probability camping their base rather than exploiting an opportunity for starters.

We Beta testers were privilidged to play with and learn from a small group of truly outstanding players, before RNG, crew perks, boosters, made up crutch tanks, cheap prammo etc

And I am a dinosaur.

We beta "dinosaurs" learned by parking on one side of the Province map valley, shooting at the other team who was parked on the other side of the valley. All the while having people on the mic saying players are noobs for using camo nets and to stop cheating. True Story! The players who really learned figured out tanks could move and not just sit on one part of the map.

Tank beats Ghost ... Tank beats Hunter ... Tank beats everything!

amanwiththree-x #16 Posted 01 August 2020 - 07:22 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 33011 battles

View Postdeadmeat1027-x, on 01 August 2020 - 04:46 PM, said:

We beta "dinosaurs" learned by parking on one side of the Province map valley, shooting at the other team who was parked on the other side of the valley. All the while having people on the mic saying players are noobs for using camo nets and to stop cheating. True Story! The players who really learned figured out tanks could move and not just sit on one part of the map.

Yuh, well,er.

There were other maps where you could learn to do that too.

Christ, is Province still around?

I kill campers-x

Corrupted Ewok-x #17 Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:11 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 19053 battles
  • [REEK]

View Postamanwiththree-x, on 01 August 2020 - 01:53 PM, said:

And I am a dinosaur.

Few will remember the OG doom platoon. EireUndead Apple, SheepAreFriends and Leefernee. I wonder what they'd think of the direction this game took.

deadmeat1027-x #18 Posted 02 August 2020 - 05:28 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 19467 battles

View PostCorrupted Ewok-x, on 01 August 2020 - 05:11 PM, said:

Few will remember the OG doom platoon. EireUndead Apple, SheepAreFriends and Leefernee. I wonder what they'd think of the direction this game took.

Tank beats Ghost ... Tank beats Hunter ... Tank beats everything!

WindedNickel18-x #19 Posted 02 August 2020 - 05:32 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 84986 battles

View Postamanwiththree-x, on 01 August 2020 - 11:00 AM, said:

There's logic in that.

WindedNickel18-x #20 Posted 02 August 2020 - 05:33 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 84986 battles
You are right on in my opinion - I see this too- I play a lot of lights and find myself spotting with no one to shoot the targets

Also tagged with xbox, ps4, meta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users